How To Screenshot on Samsung S9 ? (7 Methods To Do It)
Capturing a screenshot on a smartphone is one of the most basic functions available to users.
Despite the fact that the basic function can be found on any phone on the market, each business handles things differently and may include additional features to make the screenshot process more powerful and useful.
On the Galaxy S9 and S9+, Samsung goes above and beyond to provide you with various options to capture a screenshot, as well as additional tools to capture scrolling lists and make quick modifications after the screenshot has been captured.
There are seven different ways to take a screenshot on the Galaxy S9 and S9+.
Samsung has made it easier to take screenshots on the Galaxy S9 by doing away with the hard home button, which has been present on its previous top device.
While the Home + Power button combination may no longer be functional, Samsung has adopted the combination that every other Android device has been utilizing for years.
Follow this article to learn about all of the different methods you may use to snap screenshots on your Galaxy S9 or S9+.
On the Galaxy S9, here’s how to take a screenshot.
Taking screenshots on an Android phone is quite similar from one model to the next — it’s usually as simple as pressing and holding one of the volume buttons keys while simultaneously pressing and holding the power button.
While some companies stop at only a few options, Samsung goes above and beyond, providing numerous further options for recording the signal from the display.
You can also capture scrolling screenshots, which are excellent for preserving web pages as you go through them. All of these ways are compatible with your Galaxy phone S9 or S9+.
You can take screenshots on the Galaxy S9 in a variety of ways, which are detailed below.
Method 1: Take a screenshot of the Samsung Galaxy S9 screen while holding the buttons.
How to Transfer Pictures from Samsung s9 to Computer
How to Take a Screenshot on Samsung s9 [6 Different Methods To Capture Screen]
Samsung galaxy s9 vs s10e: The Best Buying Comparison
Taking a screenshot in this manner is the most frequent method and it is generally compatible with all Android handsets.
You may just press the volume down and power keys on your smartphone at the same time and wait for a split second, allowing the device to capture a screenshot.
Instructions in a Step-by-Step Format
1. To take a screenshot of an application or a screen, navigate to the location where you want to capture the image.
2. Press and hold the volume down button and the power button at the same time until the screen begins to animate again.
3. Your screenshot should be saved in the Screenshots folder at this point.
Method 2: Gestures can be used to take screenshots on the Galaxy S9 or S9+
Taking a screenshot with mechanical keys seems a little out of date, doesn’t it? You may also take a screenshot of your Samsung Galaxy S9 by using your fingers or gestures.
Once you get used to it, you’ll never go back to the inconvenient Power+Whatever-key combination again.
To enable gestures, click to Settings > Advanced features and select the appropriate option.
Enable Palm swipe capture by checking the box.
The ability to snap a screenshot of your Galaxy S9 using gestures will be available once the feature has been enabled.
1. Start by navigating to the screen that you wish to record with a screenshot.
Now, horizontally, swipe the edge of your hand from right to left or left to right, or from right to left or left to right, from right to left or left to right.
2. It may take you a few tries to master this edge-to-edge swipe gesture, but once you do, taking screenshots will be much easier and quicker than before.
3. When you take another screenshot, your phone will buzz a little and display a little animation to validate the capture.
Method 3: Screenshot taken with Bixby Voice on the Samsung Galaxy Note S9.
Bixby voice is the official Voice Assistant of Samsung, and it has gained a significant amount of popularity among users of Samsung Galaxy note devices.
While some users despise the application, many others find it to be extremely useful in their daily lives.
Bixby voice may be activated by pressing and holding the special Bixby button, which is positioned below the volume buttons rocker.
You can also enable the voice wake-up feature on Bixby voice by going to the Bixby Home screen and clicking on the Settings icon.
From here, look for the Voice Wake-up option and toggle it on or off.
Once this feature has been enabled, you can activate Bixby by saying “Hi Bixby” repeatedly.
Instructions in a Step-by-Step Format
1. To capture Trigger Bixby, navigate to the application and open the screen that you want to record. You can use the dedicated button or your voice to trigger Bixby on the screen.
2. When Bixby voice is active, simply saying “Take a screenshot” will cause the assistant to capture a screenshot on the phone and store it in the gallery.
Method 4: How to snap a screenshot while scrolling on the Galaxy Note S9 or S9+
Smart capture, which displays more information after you take a screenshot on a Galaxy S9 or S9+, may be enabled from the Advanced features menu on the device.
After you have taken a screenshot, you will be able to edit it and share it right away.
However, in addition to sharing and editing, this toggle also allows you to take a screenshot while scrolling down the page.
To begin, go to Settings > Advanced features and select Smart capture from the dropdown menu.
Make your way to the part of the screen that you want to capture.
Take a screenshot using either of the two ways described above.
Once you’ve taken a screenshot, select Scroll capture (formerly known as “capture more”) from the list of options that will appear at the bottom of the screen after taking the screenshot.
Continue to hit the “Scroll capture” button to continue scrolling down the page until you are finished.
Method 5: Google Assistant
Additionally, the Galaxy S9 is equipped with Google Assistant, which allows you to snap a screenshot with a simple voice command in addition to Bixby.
The procedure is also straightforward.
The Assistant may be accessed by simply pressing and holding the home button or saying, “OK Google,” on your smartphone.
Afterward, you may simply say, “Take a screenshot,” or you can put in the command with the keyboard.
Instructions on how to do it step by step:
1. Navigate to the content you wish to capture and click “Capture.”
2. Press and hold the home button for a few seconds, or say, “OK Google.”
3. “Take a screenshot,” you can say, or you can enter in the command with the keyboard.
Method 6: How to snap screenshots in the shape of an oval or a square and turn them into GIFs
Taking amusing screenshots in the shapes of rectangles and ovals is also possible with the glitzy new Samsung Galaxy S9.
It may be enabled from the Settings menu, under Display > Edge screen > Edge panels.
- Navigate to the screen that you wish to capture.
- Open the Edge panel and slide it down until you reach the Smart choose the part of the screen.
- Choose from the following shapes: rectangle, oval, or animation.
- Final step: choose the region of the screen that you want to transform into an animated gif or capture as a screenshot.
Method 7: Using Smart Select on the Edge Panel is a great way to save time.
1. After you’ve discovered the content you want to capture, pull out the Edge Panel to make it easier to see it.
2. Continually swipe your finger across the screen from side to side until you reach the Smart Select page.
3. Select a cropped shape from the options available: rectangular or oval. If you’re looking to capture a brief movie or animation, the GIF option is the best choice.
4. Use the crop window’s handles to direct the camera’s attention to the exact area you wish to capture.
5. When you’re finished, press the Done button.
Bonus tip: you may modify screenshots and use other features.
When you enable Smart capture (way 3), it can be a bit frustrating, especially if you need to take a large number of (non-scrolling) screenshots fast, because you will receive an additional pop-up after each and every screenshot that you take.
You can leave it turned off except for when you need to take screenshots while scrolling down the page.
Take note, however, that the Smart Capture also provides access to a variety of additional capabilities, such as the ability to crop or draw on screenshots, as well as the ability to share them with a contact or through another app.
The Samsung Galaxy S9 isn’t a significant release like the Galaxy S8, which came out last year.
It is likely, however, that Samsung’s decision to place an emphasis on the camera and maintain a headphone port while keeping the pricing low at $719 will attract new customers and keep current ones satisfied.
Our Final Thoughts on Screenshot on Samsung S9
Once you’ve captured a screenshot using one of the techniques described above, you should see a list of options at the bottom of your screen immediately following the capture of the image.
I hope you took something away from our experience!
Frequently Ask Questions Screenshot on Samsung
What is the best way to take a screenshot on my Samsung?
When you wish to take a screenshot, simply hold down the Volume Down key while simultaneously pressing the Power key (Side key).
A flashing cursor will appear on the screen, indicating that a screenshot has been taken.
What is Samsung capture and how does it work?
Capture Using Intelligence
When it came to figuring out how to snap screenshots on Android, Samsung went all-out with it!
Smart capture allows you to capture a whole web page rather than just the portion of the page that is now displayed on your screen.
What is the best way to take a screenshot on a Galaxy S9 without the button?
With a simple voice command, Bixby allows you to take a screenshot on your Galaxy S9 smartphone.
Take a screenshot by pressing and holding the phone’s Bixby button, which is situated below the volume rocker, and saying, “Take a screenshot.”