Making a new device from scratch can be difficult, especially if you have large amounts of data on your old phone that you want to transfer over to your new device.
Every feature on Samsung phones can be accessed with a few taps, thanks to the Smart Switch application on the phones’ touchscreens.
Once you’ve established a connection, you’ll be able to transfer content to your new Samsung Galaxy device without difficulty.
Important data from your old device can also be backed up to a microSD card or a computer using the app.
All you have to do is download and install the app, connect your devices, and transfer data between them.
The following is a comprehensive guide to the Samsung Smart Switch application for different samsung devices like Galaxy s21, Galaxy Note, Samsung Galaxy s10.
What Exactly Is a Smart Switch?
Samsung’s data transfer solution is known as Smart Switch. Once the app has been installed, it will scan for old and new devices and provide you with a user-friendly interface for transferring data from your old phone to your new Samsung Galaxy phone, including contacts, call logs, media, user accounts, and other information. Now, let’s take a look at how this works for different types of devices.
The Smart Switch app allows you to transfer photos, contacts, messages, files, and other important data from one device to another using Wi-Fi. It is possible to transfer all of your data, as well as device settings, to a new device, allowing you to pick up where you left off on your old device.
Additionally, you can create a backup of your old phone’s files on your PC or Mac, and then transfer or sync your data onto a new Samsung Galaxy phone after that. In addition, Smart Switch can be used to transfer data from one tablet to another, as well as between one tablet and another smartphone.
See Other Related Articles:
How To Cast From Samsung Phone to Samsung TV (Full-Guide)
Before you begin, Consider the Following:
There are a couple of things you should be aware of before you begin transferring content from your old smartphone to your new Samsung device using Samsung Smart Switch. It is necessary to note at this point that Samsung Smart Switch can only be used for transferring data between Samsung-branded devices.
For example, you will be unable to use this tool to transfer data from a Samsung device to a OnePlus device, for example.
Transmission of data between smartphones is no longer as difficult as it was in previous years. Because of this, it is almost as fast as performing the task with a cable. Because of this, we prefer to transfer content from a device to another via this method.
Now, depending on the smartphone model you own (as well as the operating system on which it runs), let’s take a look at how to use Samsung Smart Switch to transfer content wirelessly.
Installing and Configuring a Smart Switch
- Install the latest version of the Samsung Smart Switch app from the Google Play Store or the Samsung Galaxy Store, and then launch the app on both devices at the same time.
- Allow should be selected on both devices in order to grant the necessary permissions for data access.
- Select Receive data on your new Samsung phone and Send data on your old Samsung phone from the drop-down menu.
- On your new device, you will be prompted to select the operating system that was previously installed on your old device. Select Galaxy/Android from the drop-down menu.
- Following that, the app will present you with various connection options for your device. On both devices, select Wireless from the menu.
The Samsung Smart Switch Can Be Used in a Variety of Ways
With the Samsung Smart Switch app, you can quickly and easily transfer your contacts, files, and settings from your old smartphone or tablet to your new Samsung smartphone or tablet. It makes no difference what brand of old device you have. With Samsung Smart Switch, you have the option of switching to a new device in one of two ways: wirelessly or through a cable connection. We’ll show you how to do it in this section.
1. Transferring Data to Your New Samsung Galaxy Smartphone Using Wireless Internet Connection
A few considerations must be made in order to successfully employ this method.
- To begin, you must determine whether or not the Smart Switch application has been downloaded and installed on both the new and old devices in question. After you have installed the app on both devices, place them in close proximity to one another (no more than four inches apart).
- Following that, you must activate the app on both the old and new phones. Select Send data to the old phone and press the Wireless button on your keyboard.
- Following that, the phones should automatically establish a connection. Make a selection of the content you want to transfer from the old device and then click on Send.
- Take a look at your new Samsung Galaxy device and tap on the Receive button. If everything is in working order, the content transfer process should begin.
- When the transfer is complete, on the old device, select Done and then Close to close the program.
- As you can see, this is one of the most straightforward and time-efficient methods of transferring data to your new Samsung Galaxy smartphone in this situation.
2. Using USB Cale
When it comes to transferring content via the Samsung Smart Switch, the good old USB cable is still the best option.
If you prefer to do things the old-fashioned way, you will be pleased to know that you can complete this task with the help of a USB cable as well.
- The first step is to connect the two devices together using a USB cable (such as the one that was previously used by the old phone) and a USB-OTG adapter, which is included with the new Samsung Galaxy phone as standard.
- If you’ve completed the first step, you can begin using the Smart Switch app on both the old and new devices simultaneously.
- Select Send data to the old device and then select Cable from the drop-down menu.
- Select Receive data on the new smartphone from the drop-down menu. If you want to transfer files or content from an old device, select the files or content you want to transfer and then select Transfer.
- Once the procedure has been completed, select Done on the new phone and Close on the old device to close the application.
It’s also worth mentioning that using Wi-Fi to charge your phones while you’re transferring large amounts of data is a good idea.
3. External storage devices can also assist users in transferring data to their new Galaxy device from another computer.
Users may have dozens of photos stored on a microSD card at any given time. If you are one of these users, you should be aware that transferring your contacts to the new Galaxy phone is extremely simple, but only if you are using the Samsung Smart Switch software.
Remember to insert the microSD card (or USB-OTG storage device) into the old device before proceeding with this procedure.
- First and foremost, you should activate the Smart Switch app on the old mobile device. The SD card symbol can be found in the upper right corner of the screen; select it and then select Back up.
- At this point, you should select the data that you want to back up and then press the Back up button once more to complete the process. If you are finished with this process, simply select Done.
- After that, you’ll need to connect the external storage device directly to the new Samsung Galaxy smartphone using the included USB cable. The Smart Switch application must, of course, be activated after this is completed.
- Following that, select the SD card symbol and then Restore.
- You will have to select the content that you wish to store on the new device once more, and then select Restore once more at the end of the process. When the procedure is complete, click on the Done button.
The process of transferring content between old mobile devices and new Samsung Galaxy devices is straightforward and straightforward. Every step is accompanied by assistance, and it is nearly impossible to make a mistake. Simply follow the instructions in the guide we’ve provided and make certain that you understand exactly what you’re trying to transfer from the SD card.
How to transfer content from an iOS device to a Samsung Smart Switch
If you are switching from an iPhone to a Samsung device, Samsung recommends that you use a cable to make the transition successfully. To complete this task, you will require a Lightning to USB-C cable, a USB-C to USB-C cable (with an adapter), and a Lightning to USB-C cable (with an adapter). Here’s how to get started with the procedure.
1. Instructions on how to connect a Samsung Smart Switch to an iPhone via a cable
- On the Samsung device, go to Settings, then Accounts and Backup, and then select the appropriate option.
- Select Smart Switch from the drop-down menu.
- In the event that Smart Switch is not already installed, follow the steps outlined here.
- Open Smart Switch on the new phone and then select Receive data from the drop-down menu.
- On the “Select a source screen,” select the iPhone or iPad from the drop-down menu.
- Connect the cable between the two devices and then tap Trust on the pop-up that appears on the iPhone when the connection is complete.
- On the Samsung device, press the Next button. During this process, you may be prompted to enter the passcode for your iPhone.
- As a result, Samsung will scan your iPhone for data that can be imported.
- On the following page, you will see a list of items that can be imported into your account.
- Select all of the information you desire, scroll to the bottom of the page, and tap on the Transfer option.
- This process can take anywhere from 30 minutes to several hours, depending on the amount of data that needs to be transferred.
2. Samsung Smart Switch: iCloud allows you to transfer content from your iPhone or iPad to your Samsung device.
The second option available to iPhone users who wish to transfer data to a new Samsung device is to do so through the use of iCloud. Please keep in mind, however, that iCloud does not allow you to back up as many items as the cable method allows you to. This should be used as the second option.
- On the new Samsung device, go to Settings > Smart Switch.
- Select iPhone/iPad from the Receive data drop-down menu.
- Instead, select the option that says Get data from iCloud at the bottom of the screen.
- After entering your iCloud and AppleID credentials, you will need to follow the on-screen prompts.
- It is possible that you will be asked to enter your verification code. To proceed, press OK.
- Then select everything from the iPhone that you want to import and press the Import button.
Check out this article on how to transfer everything from an iPhone to an Android device. Samsung Smart Switch: Using an external storage device, you can transfer content from another Android smartphone.
It’s possible to transfer data from your old Android phone to your new Samsung phone using a high-capacity USB flash drive or a microSD card if you have one. Both devices must have a microSD card slot in order for the SD card option to function properly.
3. Insert the microSD card into the old phone’s card reader slot.
- Smart Switch can be downloaded from the Google Play Store and installed on the old phone.
- Open Smart Switch and tap the SD card icon in the top right corner, followed by the Back up button to save your work.
- You can now choose which items you want to back up.
- After making your selection, press Back up once more and wait for the process to be completed.
- Remove the SD card from the old phone and place it in the SD card slot of the new Samsung phone. Replace the battery in the old phone.
- Open the Smart Switch application on your Samsung phone.
- Select Restore from the SD card icon in the upper right corner of the screen.
- After you’ve selected all of the items you want to restore, tap Restore once more.
- When the process is complete, press the Done button.
Our Final Thoughts on Samsung Smart Switch
That about sums up our procedure for transferring content from your old smartphone to your new Samsung phone using the Samsung Smart Switch application. Have you made use of SmartSwitch to accomplish this? What have you thought of your experience so far? Please share your thoughts in the comments section below!
FAQs on Samsung Smart Switch Work issues
What is the procedure for using the Samsung Smart Switch?
Smart Switch should be launched on both phones. Open the Settings app on the new Galaxy phone, search for Smart Switch, and then tap Bring data from old device to import the information. Select Bring data from old device once more from the drop-down menu. As an alternative, you can go to the Samsung folder on your Apps screen and select Smart Switch from there.
Is it necessary to have a SIM card in both phones when using Samsung Smart Switch?
You should not change your SIM card until the entire transfer has been completed, regardless of which device you are switching from. Be sure that both your old and new devices have a minimum of 20% battery life before you begin the migration process.
Is it true that Samsung Smart Switch transfers all of your apps?
The Samsung Smart Switch app seamlessly transfers all of your belongings to any Samsung Galaxy device, whether it is physical or virtual. Simply connect your new phone to your computer in one of three ways: via USB, through Wi-Fi, or through an external storage device to transfer data from your PC or Mac to your new phone.