Are Samsung TV Remotes Universal? Do They All Work?
Are Samsung TV Remotes Universal? Samsung appears to do a lot of things correctly.
Their televisions are among the best on the market, and they are well-known for their dependability, dependability, and high-quality products.
But, as we all know, even the best television in the world is useless without a remote!
So, let’s learn more about Samsung remotes: are they universal? And how well do they function?
Samsung’s remotes do not appear to live up to the company’s high standards. The remotes are neither universal nor interchangeable.
The bright side is that you can control almost any Samsung TV using the SmartThings app on your smartphone or a separate universal remote.
That is the short and simple answer, but there are a few additional things you should know about your Samsung TV remote. For example, how can it be replaced if it is lost or broken?
Can you use it with another Samsung remote if they are the same model? Continue reading to find out.
Are Samsung TV Remotes Universal
See Other Related Articles:
How To Fix Samsung Remote Blinking Red? [Step-by-Step Guide]
How to Program Samsung Remote BN59? (Solved)
Screen Mirroring iPhone to Samsung TV Without Wifi (2 Simple Methods)
ABOUT THE COMPATIBILITY OF SAMSUNG TV REMOTE CONTROLS
Samsung TV remote controls are not universal and are not interchangeable. However, you can use your smart device to get a replacement remote, a universal remote, or a remote control app. That means you can always use a remote app on an Android device to supplement or replace a Samsung remote.
ARE ALL SAMSUNG TV REMOTES COMPATIBLE AND INTERCHANGEABLE?
Your included remote is not interchangeable with other Samsung remotes, nor is it compatible with other Samsung Smart TV models.
The remote control that comes with your Samsung TV is specifically designed to work with your model number. That is to say, the remote will only work with that television or another television of the same model. That is quite limiting, especially if you have several televisions in your home.
CAN I USE ANY SAMSUNG REMOTE WITH MY TV?
Most universal remote controls will work with your Samsung TV, but any Samsung remote will not work with any Samsung TV.
In some cases, you may also be able to download a remote control app for your smartphone if your Samsung remote control fails.
WHAT DO I DO IF I LOST MY SAMSUNG TV REMOTE?
If you have lost your model’s specific remote, the good news is that they are easily replaceable and can be found on the Samsung Smart tv Parts website.
You will need your model number to ensure that you order the correct replacement remote. This number and letter sequence is easily accessible because it is written on the back of your television’s label smart control of Samsung Tv Remote Control.
If you’ve misplaced your remote and need to use your apple TV right away, we recommend downloading and connecting your television to the SmartThings app on your smartphone. If you want to know how to do this, skip ahead a section and we’ll walk you through the process step by step.
Losing your Samsung TV remote also allows you to invest in a better universal remote! We’ll determine which available models will work with your Samsung TV replacement.
WHICH UNIVERSAL REMOTES ARE COMPATIBLE WITH MY SAMSUNG TV?
There are numerous universal remotes on the market today that can easily connect to almost any Samsung television. Here is a list of some recommended budget-friendly options:
- Coolux: By far the most affordable universal remote option; it costs less than $10 and was designed with Samsung in mind.
- Logitech Harmony: While this company provides a wide range of universal options, it is quite pricey. If you don’t require such a high-tech device, it may be unnecessary to Samsung tv replacement remote.
- Samsung Factory Remote: Samsung has yet to develop a completely universal remote. The Factory Remote, on the other hand, will work with any Samsung TV, but only one at a time.
There are several other universal remotes that may be compatible with your home entertainment center, including your Samsung TV, and you can easily find the majority of them on Amazon. Before you buy, just make sure it says “compatible with Samsung.”
DOES SAMSUNG HAVE A REMOTE THAT WORKS UNIVERSALLY?
There is no universal remote control available from Samsung. If you need a replacement remote control for your television, the Samsung Parts store is a good place to go. They come in a variety of models, and you can find a replacement by entering the model number of your television remote code.
DO SAMSUNG TVS HAVE A REMOTE CONTROL APP?
You can download a Smartthings remote control app from the Google Play Store or the Apple App Store. You can also use third-party apps with your Samsung TV, according to the brand’s support page; Peel and Sure are two popular apps that work with Samsung and are available on Android and iOS for your smart home.
HOW DO YOU PAIR A SAMSUNG REMOTE TO A SAMSUNG TV?
Here’s what you need to do if you need to replace your remote control.
- Aim the new Remote at the TV’s remote control sensor. (The remote control sensor is located in the bottom right corner of the television or in the lower center of the front panel.)
- Then, for at least three seconds, press and hold the Return and Play buttons simultaneously.
- Your television should start pairing with your new remote.
- A message will then appear on the TV indicating that the remote has been paired with the television.
CHARACTERISTICS AND CONTROLS OF A UNIVERSAL REMOTE FOR SAMSUNG
Our universal Samsung TV remotes have a variety of distinct features. One feature worth mentioning is that our universal remotes can perform the same functions as the original remote. This means you can use all of the standard Samsung functions such as Menu, Guide, HDMI, and Smart Hub google home.
- Activity Keys – The “Activity Keys” feature on One For All’s universal Samsung TV remote allows you to control up to eight electronic devices as if they were one. You no longer need to switch between devices thanks to this feature. The buttons control various activities such as ‘Watch TV,’ ‘Play Game,’ and ‘Listen to Music.’ You can even design your own custom activities!
- Learning Functions – The “Learning Feature” allows your new Samsung remote to “learn” functions from other remote controls. You can learn unique functions from these devices by connecting your universal TV remote to eight other electronic devices. You can use the learning feature to make your universal TV remote perform advanced or missing functions from other video or audio devices. Do you want to learn more about the various functions of this feature?
- Macro – The “Macro” feature allows you to program various commands into the Samsung TV remote. For example, by programming command sequences, you can turn off all connected devices with a single button press! You can create your own set of commands by programming your own unique sequence. The “Macro” feature’s possibilities are limitless!
HOW DO I USE MY SMARTTHINGS APP AS A REMOTE?
Whether you still have your original Samsung TV remote, have lost it and don’t want to buy a new one, or are waiting for one to arrive, there is another, and arguably much easier, way to control your television.
Samsung has improved the user experience by making the SmartThings app available on all Android and Apple smartphones. If you already own a Samsung smartphone, the SmartThings app is most likely already installed. It is, however, available on almost every phone on the market.
All you have to do to control your Samsung TV through your SmartThings app is connect the two.
- Start your smart TV and launch the SmartThings app.
- Select DEVICE, then HOME from the app.
- Choose the location, then click “+” and then ADD DEVICE.
- Select TV, then Samsung under the BY DEVICE tab.
- Click TV once more, then select your location and room.
- Select NEXT and then the appropriate television.
- The following prompts will vary depending on the model of your smart TV.
Now that your smart TV or amazon fire tv is connected, you can easily control it with your phone!
CONCLUSION On Are Samsung Tv Remotes Universal
The remotes for Samsung televisions are not universal, interchangeable, or even compatible with other Samsung televisions. However, they are gradually adapting to the fact that people prefer simpler ways to control their televisions.
You can now control your Samsung TV with a Samsung (almost) universal remote, universal remotes from most other major brands, or your smartphone.
FAQs About Samsung Tv Remotes Universal
Can a Samsung remote be universal?
Instead of fumbling around, you can use the universal remote that came with your Samsung TV to control cable and satellite boxes, home theater systems, and Blu-ray players.
Will any Samsung remote work with any TV?
Remotes vary in price depending on the model; however, our infrared remotes work with all of our TVs and projectors. In other words, you can use any IR remote you want, even if your model isn’t listed as being compatible with that remote.
Are all Samsung remotes the same?
Samsung TV remote controls are not universal and are not interchangeable. However, you can use your smart device to get a replacement remote, a universal remote, or a remote control app.
How do I sync my Samsung remote to a different TV?
It’s usually on the lower right side of the television, but it could also be in the bottom center. Aim your remote control at the remote control sensor. For at least three seconds, press and hold the Return and Play/Pause buttons on the remote.