How Do I Connect my Computer to Samsung Smart TV? Let’s face it. Sometimes your laptop screen isn’t large enough to accommodate everything you want to do.
Then you look over at your lonely 55-inch Smart TV, longing to be used, and wonder if you can connect the two. There is, indeed!
Every day, Asurion Experts assist our millions of customers in making the most of their technology, including Smart TVs.
In this guide, we’ll teach you everything you need to know to connect your laptop to your TV, whether you want to replace your small screen with a big screen for watching movies, use your TV as a monitor while working from home, or simply want a bigger screen to see your friends’ faces during video chat.
How Do I Connect my Computer to Samsung Smart TV
An HDMI cable is one of the most dependable (and simplest) ways to connect your TV and laptop. An HDMI cable connects two devices by transmitting video and audio signals. Because HDMI connection cables are identical on both ends, it makes no difference which one goes into the TV or the laptop. To connect your laptop to your TV using an HDMI cable or hdmi port, do the following:
Here is how to connect the computer to Samsung Smart TV.
- Connect one end of the HDMI cable to your laptop’s HDMI input.
- Connect the other end of the cable to one of your TV’s HDMI inputs.
- Select the input that corresponds to where you plugged in the cable using the remote control (HDMI 1, HDMI 2, HDMI 3, etc.).
A wired connection between your laptop and TV ensures better picture quality and shorter lag time in your windows media player, windows pc or other media streaming.
See Other Related Articles:
How to Connect Samsung Smart TV to Wifi? (Solved!)
How to Connect AirPods to Smart TV? [Answered]
Is a Samsung Smart TV an Android TV? [In-depth Explanation]
HOW TO CONNECT YOUR COMPUTER TO YOUR SMART TV WIRELESSLY
Depending on the type of computer you have, you may be able to ditch the cables and connect wirelessly to your smart hub.
To Connect Your Pc Laptop To Your Smart view app:
- In the lower right corner of the screen, open the action center. (It resembles a chat bubble.)
- Select Connect from the dashboard.
- Click Projecting to the PC at the bottom right.
- Select either Available everywhere on secure networks or Available everywhere from the Settings page.
- Depending on your preferences, under “Ask to project this PC,” select either first time only or every time. You can also choose whether or not to require a PIN to your streaming device.
- When your PC notifies you that your TV wants to connect, click Yes.
- Your PC will launch the Windows connect app once it has connected to the big screen.
TO CONNECT YOUR APPLE LAPTOP TO YOUR SMART TV:
You can easily connect your laptop to a compatible Smart TV via AirPlayTM or Samsung Smart Hub if you have one. Apple TV® and AirPlay 2-enabled Smart TVs are examples of compatible devices (i.e. TVs from 2019 or later from Samsung, LG or Vizio). AirPlay allows you to stream videos or mirror the screen of your device on your tv screen Samsung Smart View.
Here’s how to use AirPlay to connect your laptop to your TV:
- Ascertain that your laptop and Apple TV or AirPlay 2-enabled Smart TV are both connected to the same Wi-Fi network.
- Open the app or go to the website from which you want to stream video on your laptop.
- Select the Screen Mirroring icon from the video playback controls.
- Select your Apple TV or an AirPlay 2-enabled Smart TV remote.
To end your streaming session, tap the Screen Mirroring icon in the video playback controls, then choose Turn Off AirPlay.
TO CONNECT YOUR CHROMEBOOK TO YOUR SMART TV WITH CHROMECAST:
If you want to connect your ChromebookTM to your TV without using an HDMI cable, you’ll need to purchase a Google Chromecast® to plug into your Smart TV, which we demonstrate how to do in the Hook It Up series on Asurion’s YouTube channel:
Here’s how to use Chromecast to connect your Chromebook to your Smart TV:
- Connect your Chromecast to the HDMI port on your Smart TV or android tv and lg tv.
- Select the HDMI input that corresponds to where you plugged it in with your remote control to screen mirror.
- Select Cast in the Chrome browser on your computer.
- If this is your first time configuring it, follow the on-screen instructions to complete the device setup video card.
- Select “Cast devices available” in the lower right corner to see all the casting options available to you:
- You can mirror everything on your screen by going to Internal Display > Share.
- Open Netflix in your browser, and then click the Cast icon next to the TV show or movie you want to watch.
- Pull up the video you want to watch on YouTube and select Play on TV from the menu bar.
- NOTHING RUINS PRODUCTIVITY LIKE A COMPUTER BREAKDOWN
With Asurion Home+, you can protect your laptop and other home electronics. For less than $1 per day, you can get fast laptop repairs from trusted experts whenever you need them-regardless of where you bought it or the brand. Visit asurion.com/homeplus to learn more about laptop protection plans.
FAQ’S About Connecting Computer to Samsung Tv
How do I connect my PC to my Samsung Smart TV wirelessly?
Press the Home button on the remote, then go to Source, Remote Access, and Screen Sharing (Wireless). Following that, follow the on-screen instructions to configure your preferred settings and connect to your PC.
How do I use my smart TV to watch my computer?
Simply go into the display settings and select “connect to a wireless display,” then select your smart TV from the device list. Your PC screen should now be mirroring on the TV.
How do I connect my PC to my Samsung TV via Bluetooth?
Wireless Display is a built-in feature of Windows 10. Then navigate to Settings > Devices > Bluetooth & other devices. Select Add Bluetooth or another device. Wait for the Wireless Display or Dock to recognize your Samsung TV, then click the name of your TV and click Allow.
How do I connect my laptop to my Samsung TV?
Step 1. Start the SmartThings app and select the TV device you want to mirror. Step 2. Tap More (three vertical dots) > Mirror Screen (Smart View).
Why can’t I cast to my Samsung Smart TV?
Devices are not on the same WIFI network. Permissions not granted. Devices are too old. Reboot your devices.