How Do You Record On Youtube TV? [6 Steps]
How do you record on youtube tv? YouTube TV has a lot of selling points, including a large channel lineup and a low price, but its unlimited digital video recorder (DVR) feature sets it apart from the majority of other live TV streaming services.
This feature allows you to record any program, including shows, movies, live sports, and other events, and then watch them on any device.
If you’re ready to use your YouTube DVR, here’s how to record on YouTube TV, as well as the benefits and features, as well as a few limitations.
How Do You Record On Youtube TV?
2. Sign in to YouTube TV.
3. Locate the program you want to record.
4. Next to the program, click the “+” icon.
5. The show will be added to your DVR library, where new episodes will be added as they air.
6. Various online resources can also provide more detailed instructions on how to record live shows on YouTube TV.
HOW DOES THE YOUTUBE TV DVR WORK?
Don’t worry if you can’t find the DVR on the YouTube TV interface. Because YouTube TV does not call its DVR feature a DVR, you won’t find anything called a DVR whether you use the website or an app. Instead, you have a library, and you record a program with your DVR by choosing to add it to your library.
When you add a program to your library, the DVR feature will record it automatically when it airs. If you select a TV show, it will record it every time it airs, including both first-run and reruns. To access programs recorded in this manner, go to the My Library section of the YouTube premium website or app.
Nota bene: When YouTube TV first launched, you were forced to watch the on-demand version of any show or movie you tried to record instead of the recorded version. This would prevent you from skipping commercials in those situations. That practice has come to an end, and you can now skip through all of your DVR content in all smart tv.
See Other Related Articles:
How to Get Youtube Tv on Samsung Smart Tv [Quick-Guide]
How To Connect Samsung Tablets To TV? [2 Easy Methods]
How to Airplay on Samsung TV [Answered]
YOUTUBE TV DVR FEATURES
While it isn’t referred to as a DVR, YouTube TV has one of the most expensive DVR feature sets available. There are few restrictions and numerous advantages. Here are some of the YouTube TV DVR’s key features:
- You can watch any program live even if it has been added to your library. You can also pause a live program at any time to automatically add it to your library and begin recording.
- Fast-forwarding live TV: If you pause a live program, you can fast-forward through the commercials to catch up.
- Recording while watching another program: You can watch a live show while simultaneously recording another show to watch later on android tv.
- There are no restrictions on the number of shows that can be recorded at the same time or the total number of shows that can be recorded. Add as many shows as you want to your library.
- YouTube TV video has no DVR storage limits, unlike many other live TV streaming services. You can add as many programs as you want to your library without worrying about storage space or recording hours.
- Cloud DVR: Your recorded programs are stored in the cloud, so you can access them from anywhere.
HOW TO RECORD SHOWS WITH THE YOUTUBE DVR?
You must first add shows to your library before you can record them with your YouTube DVR. The instructions below show how to do this using the YouTube website, but the process is essentially the same if you use the YouTube app:
- Sign in at tv.youtube.com or the YouTube TV app on your phone or streaming device.
- In the upper right corner of the screen, click or tap the magnifying glass.
- Enter the name of the program you’re looking for in the top search box, or use the discovery tools on this page to find something that interests you.
- If you found a show you like on the previous page, click or tap on it. If you conducted a search, click or tap the show in the search results at fire tv.
- On the program detail page, click or tap the + icon.
- The + icon will turn into a checkmark to indicate that the program has been saved to your DVR.
This video explains ‘How To Record Shows With The Youtube DVR”
RECORD ON YOUTUBE TV WITH VIDEO EDITING TOOL
There are times when you want to watch a show without relying on YouTube TV. You might want to watch your favorite movie on a long-distance flight or in a location with a poor internet connection.
This is where YouTube TV recording of movies, TV shows, and sporting events to your local device comes in handy. To accomplish this, all you need is a powerful screen recorder.
Video editing software is referred to as the Swiss Army Knife of video converter software. It enables users to convert videos and audio from common and uncommon formats (such as 4K HEVC, H.264, and VP9) to any format without sacrificing quality. The app also functions as an excellent screen recording system that editors can use to record YouTube TV shows on PC and Mac.
Everything on the computer screen can be recorded using a specialized screen recorder. It includes TV shows, talk shows, movies, and various events that you can watch on YouTube TV channel.
You can even record live streaming videos that are posted on hundreds of trendy online sites, as well as short-form videos that are shared on Pinterest, Facebook, Twitter, and other social media platforms. The application includes a powerful online video downloader that allows you to download streaming video from any website.
HOW TO WATCH SHOWS WITH THE YOUTUBE TV DVR?
You can watch a show you’ve saved to your DVR at any time by going to the Library section of the YouTube TV app or website. Your shows are saved in the cloud for nine months and can be viewed on any device during that time period.
Here’s how to use the YouTube TV DVR to watch shows:
- Go to tv.youtube.com or launch the YouTube app on your smartphone or streaming device.
- Click or tap LIBRARY.
- Select the show you want to watch by clicking or tapping on it.
- If the episode you want to watch is visible in the default tab, click it, otherwise click Episodes.
- Find and select the episode you want to watch.
- You will be given a list of options if an episode has been recorded more than once or if there are video on demand (VOD) versions. Select the version you want to watch by clicking the play button next to it.
- Your previously recorded show will then begin to play.
HOW TO DELETE YOUTUBE TV DVR RECORDINGS?
The YouTube TV DVR does not actually allow you to delete recordings. There is no limit to the number of shows you can record, so there is no reason to delete anything. Nine months after you record a show, it will be automatically deleted from the system, so watch your recordings before that happens.
HOW TO REMOVE PROGRAMS FROM YOUR YOUTUBE TV LIBRARY?
While it is not possible to delete YouTube TV DVR recordings, you can delete programs from your library. This can help reduce clutter, so you may want to remove items you’ve already seen or are no longer interested in from time to time.
Here’s how to unsubscribe from a YouTube TV program:
- Find a show you want to delete from your library.
- Select the checkbox icon.
- The check mark will be changed back to a + icon, and the show will be removed from your library.
- If you want to record the program again, simply return and click or tap the + icon again.
OFFLINE PLAYBACK OF YOUR DVR RECORDINGS
YouTube TV has an add-on option that allows you to download your DVR recordings and watch them later offline via the YouTube TV mobile app. This is useful if you are traveling or going somewhere without Wi-Fi or internet access.
To enable offline playback, you must upgrade your YouTube TV base plan and add the 4K Plus add-on for $19.99 per month. You can do this at any time by logging into your YouTube TV account.
Go to YouTube TV online and select your account icon, followed by Settings. When you select 4K Plus, it will be added to your plan. Aside from offline playback, the 4K Plus add-on supports 4K content and unlimited streams via your home Wi-Fi (normally capped at three streams per account).
BENEFITS OF YOUTUBE TV’S DVR FEATURE
The various benefits of YouTube TV’s DVR features are as follows-
1. Record Almost Everything on YouTube TV
The YouTube TV DVR feature shows you upcoming movies, TV series, one-time events, and program reruns that are currently playing and saved. Users can even add their favorite sports teams and games to their library, allowing YouTube TV DVR to record games that air on the local broadcast network.
2. Storage is limitless
You can record an unlimited number of programs because everything is eventually saved. YouTube TV DVR allows you to record to the cloud. It does not take up any local storage space.
When you pay the basic subscription fee, you gain access to YouTube TV’s DVR feature; there is no additional charge unless you want to record YouTube TV to watch it later.
YouTube TV DVR has a clean interface and a plethora of user-friendly features. It is well-known for being a user-friendly tool. Even if you only add one episode to the library, you have the ability to record an entire TV series. You can also pause the playback of a live program and then fast-forward it to skip the commercial ads and watch one program while simultaneously recording another.
WHO SHOULD GET YOUTUBE TV’S DVR FEATURE TO RECORD YOUTUBE TV SHOWS?
The first and most important requirement for using the YouTube TV DVR feature and seamlessly recording programs is a high-speed internet connection. It enables you to record live events or shows, movies, and news from well-known channels like ABC, NBC, FOX, CBS, AMC, and others. You can even use video editing software to record YouTube TV videos.
To summarize, there are two popular and straightforward methods for recording YouTube TV movies and shows. To begin, you can use the YouTube TV DVR features’ streaming services to record YouTube TV shows on the cloud and watch them later on the YouTube TV app.
Second, you can choose and use the best video editing software to record the YouTube TV shows you want to watch and save the recordings in an optimal format for viewing on TV, smartphone, game console, and other portable devices.
If you choose the first option, you will need a fast and stable internet connection, whereas the second method is much simpler, faster, and less expensive. Simply select the process that best serves your needs.
Can you record live TV on YouTube TV?
Add as many programs as you want to your library-YouTube TV includes DVR with no storage space restrictions. You can record any YouTube TV program; recording does not take up space on your device, but you must be connected to the internet to view recorded programs.
How do you upload videos to YouTube?
The simplest method is probably to use YouTube’s webcam capture feature to record a video and upload it directly to YouTube. Locate and click the Upload button near the top-right corner of any YouTube page, then click Webcam capture and click Record.
How can I record TV shows to watch later?
EaseUS RecExperts is the recommended screen recorder for recording live TV. It is Windows screen recording software that is also Mac compatible. You can basically use it to record screen, audio, webcam, and games. It can capture live TV shows on screen and has many useful functions.