When you purchase a Samsung washer, you will be provided with a guarantee that covers manufacturing defects and mistakes in workmanship.
This warranty, on the other hand, will not cover all breakdowns and will expire after one year.
Continue reading to learn more about what is Samsung washer warranty coverage, as well as which Samsung home warranty provider we recommend as the best home protection alternative.
Samsung Washer Warranty
When a Mother Speaks
As a mother, it is my responsibility to consider how to protect our investment, which includes the systems and equipment in my home, especially our Samsung wash dryer.
There are several different types of warranty claim available, and not all of them are created equal.
A manufacturer’s warranty protects you from having to pay for unexpected repair and replacement charges on a new appliance that you have purchased.
A house guarantee may be acquired at any time and covers a wide range of important appliances and systems, protecting you and your budget against breakdowns and failures caused by normal wear and tear and wear and tear on the appliance or system.
We’ve done considerable research to find the best warranty choices for owners of a Samsung washer dryer, taking into consideration the plans available, the cost, and customer ratings.
Samsung’s Quick History
In the consumer electronics industry, Samsung is a well-known brand that has been in business for more than 80 years.
That was awesome!
This technology conglomerate, which was founded in Japan, produces a wide range of products.
The home appliances industry, which includes Samsung washer dryers, is one subset of these products.
Samsung washer dryer offers washers that are 2-in-1, top-load, and front-load, all of which are covered by a washing machine warranty.
Make yourself familiar with the Samsung washer warranty and the many alternatives for warranty coverage that are available once the basic warranty is exhausted.
Overview of the Samsung Washer’s Warranty
The majority of Samsung washers are covered by a one-year basic washing machine warranty.
These Samsung washer warranty plans vary based on the manufacturer and model of the goods in question, and all washer warranty coverage is only valid for products that are purchased and used in the United States of America.
We conducted extensive research into Samsung’s basic warranty overview and discovered information on the services covered, the terms of the warranty, how to file a claim, and the general prices associated with them.
Samsung Warranty Coverage
Every new Samsung load washers come with a one-year warranty against defects in materials and workmanship.
The manufacturer of Samsung washing machines, Samsung washers-dryer, and tumble dryers provide a product warranty period that covers manufacturing defects in materials or workmanship for a period of one year from the date of purchase.
Owners of new Samsung washers will receive the following benefits:
- For one year, you are covered for all components and labor.
- Coverage for control board components is provided for two years.
- Three-year warranty on the stainless steel tubing portion.
- Protection on washing motor parts for a period of five years
- For a period of ten years, the washing machine’s DD motor part and silver plates are covered.
- Warranty on stainless steel tubs is for life.
The term of the warranty claim varies from model to model.
With a Samsung washer warranty, parts are repaired or replaced, or the cost of the Samsung washer is repaid, at Samsung’s sole discretion, by the company’s in-home service.
Furthermore, if any parts are damaged or worn out, they are replaced with new or reconditioned Samsung items, and the old parts must be returned to Samsung.
The following items are not covered by Samsung’s limited warranty:
- Damage that occurs during shipment, delivery, or installation is defined as follows:
- Injuries caused by mishandling, maltreatment, or natural disasters (floods, fires)
- Damage resulting from failure to operate and maintain the product in accordance with the manufacturer’s instructions
- Damage caused by normal wear and tear on a vehicle
Once the repairs or replacements have been completed, the damaged parts or goods become the property of Samsung and must be returned to them as soon as practicable.
When you acquire a Samsung washer, the warranty protection for the Samsung washer begins on the date of purchase of the washer.
If you want to file a claim, you must first have the Samsung washer warranty registered with the manufacturer.
Warranty Conditions for a Samsung Washer
One year from the date of purchase, the Samsung warranties product against defects in materials and workmanship.
Not all Samsung washers are equipped with the same components.
It is possible to purchase a 2-in-1 washer that has a different motor type model, for example.
The warranties for these two types of motors may differ from one another.
You can find the warranty information for your computer on this page.
For each part type, the following are the basic coverage terms that Samsung gives, all of which may vary according to your model:
- Components of the control board (2 years)
- Stainless steel tubing component (3 years)
- Part of the washing machine motor (5 years)
- Part of the DD motor that is used for washing (10 years)
- Plates made with silver (3,000 cycles or 10 years, whichever comes first)
- Tub made of stainless steel for a lifetime (varies by model)
- On the basis of these fundamental coverage terms, we examined Samsung’s three
- general model types—2-in-1, front load, and top load—and discovered that they were generally consistent with them.
The Samsung Extended Warranty in Samsung Washing Machine
Both options do not provide coverage for breakdowns or failures caused by normal wear and tear.
There are several Samsung washers that do not qualify for the samsung extended warranty plans.
Clothes washers have an average lifespan of 14 years, depending on the kind, which means that your Samsung washer is built to outlast the warranty period on your Samsung washer.
Continuous warranty coverage is one of the many advantages of a home warranty protection plan – you may acquire a home warranty at any moment and renew your contract or transfer it to a new homeowner as needed.
Samsung Premium Care for Longer-Lasting Protection
When purchasing a Samsung extended warranty, you can select between a three-year or five-year period with the Samsung Home Appliance Premium Care.
The warranty provides the following benefits:
1. For regular wear and tear, you’ll get 100 percent coverage for parts repair and labor. This coverage begins after the manufacturer’s warranty has expired.
2. Power surge protection—This protects you from having to pay for repairs if your equipment fails as a result of a power surge.
3. A Samsung Care Pro will do an in-home product lesson for you. A Samsung professional will meet with you in person to answer any questions you may have and to assist you in better comprehending your new Samsung appliance.
However, this Samsung extended warranty does not cover breakdowns or failures that occur as a result of natural wear and tear, unlike the Samsung washer guarantee.
Any loss caused by abuse, negligence, pre-existing conditions, rust and corrosion, theft, or weather-related damage is not covered by this policy, nor is any loss covered by a manufacturer’s warranty.
The Advantages and Disadvantages of This Factory Warranty
A basic problem or malfunction in your machine is covered under the Samsung washer warranty.
- In some places, there is an option for in-home service.
- Online assistance is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
- A one-year warranty on components and labor is provided by the manufacturer.
- Only the most fundamental flaws and malfunctions are covered.
- Other environmental influences are not shielded from the customers’ view.
- Unsatisfactory customer service
The Price of a Samsung Washer’s Warranty
With the purchase of the new product, you will receive a Samsung washer warranty.
Additional protection, whether provided by Samsung or a third party, must be purchased separately from the device.
For example, if you purchase a Samsung washer from Best Buy, you will have the option of purchasing a Geek Squad Protection Plan for three or five years for a cost of $89.99 or $134.99, respectively.
Making a Claim with Samsung is Simple.
A registered warranty is required in order to file a claim under a Samsung washer warranty provided by the manufacturer.
Online registration is a quick and simple process that can be completed in minutes.
The Samsung account management system enables you to examine your warranty history and submit a claim at any time once you’ve registered your device.
Register Your Samsung Washing Machine
In order to use this feature, you’ll need to register with Samsung, which will require an email address and password, or connect to your Google account.
Once you’ve logged in, you may complete the registration process for your product.
You’ll need your model number as well as your serial number in order to register.
Here’s where you can locate them for each type of washer:
- Front-load washers are situated on the rim of the door, behind it.
- Top-loading washers are positioned at the top of the backside of the machine.
- 2-in-1: if Samsung does not give instructions, double-check your sales receipt.
Your washer will be registered once you have created an account and submitted both your model number and serial number to the website.
What Should I do When my Samsung Washer Warranty Expires?
Even if the damage was not covered by the original warranty, you are liable for the cost of repairing your machine if it is damaged after the expiration of your basic Samsung washer warranty.
After your Samsung warranty has expired, you will have the peace of mind of knowing that repairs to your Samsung washing machine and other appliances will continue to be covered under a home warranty policy you have purchased.
House warranties protect you against the cost of repairing or replacing critical appliances and systems in your home.
This includes items such as household appliances, electrical systems, heating and cooling systems, plumbing systems, and maybe other systems such as your doorbell or garage door opener as well.
Coverage will vary according to your provider, and you should double-check the individual goods covered before making a decision to purchase.
Samsung Warranty Reviews
Samsung is recognized by the Better Business Bureau (BBB) and has earned an A+ rating from the organization in this regard.
Customers, on the other hand, have had a mixed reaction to Samsung’s products.
Here’s what some Samsung washer users have to say about their experience:
“I had a cosmetic issue with my front-load washer (that developed over time). Samsung corrected it and as a result, I have become a dedicated Samsung customer.” — Kathy on the 19th of January, 2020.
“It is the most annoying company experience I have ever had, and I will never purchase anything from Samsung again. In the event that one of their goods malfunctions, I have no confidence in the firm to uphold their warranties or make any effort to put things right.” Jordan F. wrote on January 15, 2020.
Our Concluding Remarks
There is no registration period for the extended Samsung washer warranty, and it can be terminated at any point in the future.
When you purchase a Samsung guarantee, you will also have access to a Samsung specialist who can assist you with the setup of your clothes washing machine, explaining what to do and how to maintain it successfully.
Even while a Samsung extended warranty can save you money in the long term, it is not as economical or as helpful as a home warranty, which covers washers as well as other common household appliances such as refrigerators, clothes dryers, and other similar items such as dishwashers.
Home warranties can be acquired at any time during the homeownership process and often include access to a 24/7 customer care staff as well as access to pre-screened, certified contractors throughout the United States and Canada.
Based on their research of the finest home warranty companies, the This Old House Reviews Team determined that American Home Shield, Choice Home Warranty, and AHW Home Warranty are the best options for Samsung customers.
The following chart compares a Samsung washer warranty with an American Home Shield protection plan.
|Name of Provider||Samsung Warranty||American Home Shield|
|Duration of the Contract||1 year for Components and labor||Valid for 1 year with the option of renewal|
|What exactly is covered?||Manufacturing flaws in the materials or the craftsmanship||frequent wear and tear, pre-existing conditions, older goods, and goods without maintenance records; and problems due to silt, rust, or corrosion|
|Is it Renewable?||No, however, you can purchase a two-year extended warranty for an additional cost.||Definitely, YES|
Frequently Asked Questions
What does Samsung Warranty Cover?
- Pumping water with a motor
- Belts for washing machines and dryers Seals and gaskets
- Thermal fuse for the drying heating element
Once the repairs or replacements have been completed, the damaged parts or goods become the property of Samsung and must be returned to them as soon as practicable. If there are any residual components or goods from the original warranty, they remain under warranty for 90 days or take over any remaining original warranty, whichever is greater in length.
What is the length of the warranty on a Samsung washing machine?
A period of 24 months for Samsung washing machines, load washers and etc.
How can I find out whether my Samsung washer is still under warranty?
- Sign in to your Samsung account by visiting the “Product Warranties” page on Samsung’s website (see Resources).
- You may view your registered products by selecting “View Your Registered Products” and then selecting the product for which you want to check the warranty.
- The status of your product’s warranty will be displayed next to the product’s picture.