How to Reset Control Panel Samsung Fridge? Some people might not be aware that your Samsung refrigerator has a control panel on the front.
This is where you can change the settings for your fridge, like the temperature.
But what happens if you accidentally hit a button and changed one of the settings, and now you don’t know how to fix it? Never fear, because we’re here to help!
In this post, we’ll walk you through how to reset the control panel on your Samsung fridge.
So if you’ve been struggling with an incorrect setting, read on for how to fix it!
Try this quick fix first.
VIDEO: How to Fix Samsung Fridge Locked Display Reset
How to Reset Control Panel Samsung Fridge?
Here are 3 quick ways to how to reset your control panel on Samsung Refrigerator.
- Unplug your refrigerator (or turn off the electricity at the circuit breaker) and wait approximately five minutes for the electrical charge to dissipate. Then, power the device back on.
- If you need to reset the screen on your Family Hub refrigerator, you can utilize the red switch that is located within the top right door panel.
- Reset the Family Hub to factory settings by navigating to Settings, selecting About Family Hub, selecting Factory data reset, and then selecting RESET. Select RESET once more when prompted, followed by Delete all data.
If this did not fix your problem read this article for more details.
How Can You Tell if Your Samsung Ref Needs Control Panel Fridge Reset?
When your refrigerator malfunctions, you may believe that reset it is the only thing to do. Though many of them can be cared for in this manner, this is not always the case.
I recommend only performing a reset when absolutely necessary! So, here are several signs that your Samsung refrigerator ice maker needs to be restarted:
The refrigerator is in the shop mode. Refrigerators are kept in shop mode while in the showroom and sometimes remain in shop mode after purchase.
While the lights remain on and everything looks to be operational, the compressor is actually turned off, and your Samsung fridge will display off to signify this. There is no cooling in this circumstance, and the refrigerator’s typical functions are disrupted.
In addition, an inadvertent touch on a button might sometimes put the refrigerator into shop mode, which you can verify by observing if your Samsung fridge says off. Whatever the reason, if your fridge is in shop mode, it needs to be reset!
The temperature display is erratic. The temperature display may begin to flicker strangely or become erratic and even stop working altogether!
This is just another indication that your refrigerator needs to be reset. The uneven temperature display can occur for various reasons, such as if the door is left open for an extended period or is not properly closed.
Food that is excessively hot in the fridge can also wreak havoc on the display. As a result, it is usually preferable to allow your food to cool completely before placing it in the refrigerator.
What are error codes and what do they mean? Some Samsung refrigerators are quite smart and will warn the user if a reset is required.
The notification appears as an error message on the display screen.
The following error messages, for example, may appear:
- 5E – This error message indicates that there is a problem with the Fridge Defrost Sensor 8E. This alarm informs if the ice maker sensors are malfunctioning.
- 14E- This error also indicates whether or not there is an issue with ice manufacturing.
- 22E & 22C- This fridge fan issue can occur if the refrigerator door is left open for an extended period.
- 33E- An indicator that the Ice Pipe Heater is malfunctioning.
- 39E & 39C- It denotes an issue with the refrigerator’s ice output.
- 40E & 40C- It indicates whether or not there is a problem with the Ice Room’s Fan.
- flashing blue lights and 41 or 42- This implies that the Family Hub should be restarted.
- 41C- The error indicates that the program is out of date.
- Auto-fill indicator that blinks or 76C- Examine the water spillage in the fridge’s lowest section (water is filling in the auto-fill compartment)
- 84C- Because of the rising temperature in the refrigerator, the compressor has ceased working.
- 85C- A power freeze source with a low voltage
- 83E, 85E, 86E, or 88 88 – A circuit breaker malfunction
- All icons are flashing.- This is not an error message; the refrigerator is performing self-diagnosis.
- ‘Ice Off’ blinking- The ice bucket has been misplaced.
- OR OF OR OFF- It denotes that the refrigerator is in shop or demonstration mode.
- PC ER- An signal that there is a problem with the circuit
How do you Reset a Samsung Refrigerator?
Other Helpful Refridgerator Guides
- What is Samsung refrigerator error code 33 E? [ Solution for 33E!]
- Samsung RF263AERS refrigerator Review [Best Guide For You]
- Best Samsung Refrigerator (You Need To Know This!)
- How to Level Samsung Refrigerator (Answered)
If there are small issues, the refrigerator will restart itself, but you can do it manually if it does not.
Resetting your Samsung refrigerator is simple, and there are various options you can attempt.
The following are the most effective and time-tested techniques for resetting your Samsung refrigerator:
Your Samsung Refrigerator should be power reset or hard reset.
The overall hard reset procedure is the same as with any other device; simply turn it off and unplug it.
It allows the device time to refresh and reset before restarting its function.
Follow these procedures to do a general hard reset:
- Turn off the refrigerator by pressing the ‘power off’ button.
- Remove the refrigerator from the power source.
- Allow the refrigerator to cool for 10 to 15 minutes after turning it off and unplugging it. (Some people also recommend leaving it for a few hours.)
- Connect the refrigerator to the power supply and turn it on.
- The refrigerator must have refreshed, rebooted, and rebalanced itself by now.
You can also use the reset switch to reset your Samsung refrigerator control panel.
So, if your refrigerator isn’t working properly after a power outage, the control panel will assist you in resolving the issue.
The instructions for resetting your Samsung refrigerator control lock panel are as follows:
- Check to see if the kid lock is turned on.
- If the kid lock is activated, disable it since it will fix any errors in the control panel.
- Locate the reset switch if the Control Panel is still not working (normally, it is present on the top right of the door).
- To turn off the display, use that switch.
- After a few seconds or minutes, hit the switch one again to turn it on.
- If the reset is successful, the Samsung logo will appear on the screen.
Remove your Samsung Refrigerator From The Shop/Demo mode.
If the refrigerator is still in shop/demo mode, it must be reset or it will not function properly.
The shop mode is enabled in the shop or showroom since it consumes less energy, and the retailers switch it off before passing it over to the buyer.
I’ve outlined how to reset a Samsung refrigerator from demo mode below:
- Check to see if the ‘cooling off’ LED is blinking.
- If so, look for the two buttons (power freezer and power cool) on the left side of the LCD panel.
- Press and hold these buttons at the same time for 5 to 10 seconds.
- Wait a few seconds after releasing the two buttons.
- The reset is successful if the refrigerator no longer displays the ‘cooling off’ message.
- If the ‘cooling off’ mode is still active or displayed, repeat these instructions until the feature is disabled.
Restart the wire harness that connects the door to the main control unit.
The wiring harness that connects the refrigerator door to the main control unit might occasionally fail.
The wire harness failure causes communication problems, and the display begins blinking an error code.
In this situation, you’ll need to reset the Samsung refrigerator display to resolve the problem. To reset the Samsung refrigerator display via the wire harness, follow these steps:
- Turn off and disconnect the refrigerator.
- Check to see if the wiring harness is connected or not.
- If it’s been disconnected, reconnect it.
- Disconnect and reconnect if it’s connected.
- Plug in and turn on the refrigerator.
- The refrigerator has been reset, and the problem should be fixed.
How to Activate a Samsung Refrigerator
If you switched off your Samsung Refrigerator to manually defrost it, all you have to do to turn it back on is plug it back into a power outlet.
If you opted to turn it off via the circuit breaker, make sure you re-energize it before turning on your Samsung refrigerator.
Not all Samsung refrigerators have a simple power on/off switch. Some of them have this in their interiors, and you can tell if it’s turned on by looking at the inside lights.
If your Samsung Refrigerator isn’t turning on, try resetting it according to the directions in the following sections of this article.
How To Reinstall the Water Filter.
Water filters are used to ensure that the water is clean and safe to consume.
Samsung refrigerators include built-in water filters that come in helpful when it comes to drinking water.
If your refrigerator’s water filter isn’t working, a reset may be necessary.
The following are the steps for resetting the water filter:
- The water filter is positioned in the center of the refrigerator and has a twist lid.
- Remove the old water filter and replace it with a new one.
- Now, depending on the model of your refrigerator, reset the filter indicator.
- You’ll need to hold down the Alarm, Water, or Ice type buttons for 3 to 5 seconds.
- The water filter indication will reset, and the filter will begin to function.
How to Use a Wire Harness to Reset a Samsung Refrigerator
The display may occasionally flash an error code, indicating a communication problem between the refrigerator door and the main control unit.
This could be a problem with the wiring harness that connects them.
Again, knowing the type of problem via the precise error code will help you.
To reset, turn off the unit and disconnect it. Then, see if the wiring harness is detached.
If this is the case, simply reconnect. If it is already in place, unplug it and then reattach it. Then plug it in and turn on the fridge. It would have gotten rid of the error code.
Here’s a video to show you how to inspect the wire harness on your Samsung refrigerator:
How to Reset the Touch Screen on a Samsung Fridge
To reset a Samsung fridge touch screen, look for a red switch on top of the fridge (it’s hidden behind a little panel on the right door). Push is written on the panel). Flip the red switch and then return it to its original position. Your touch screen should now be operational.
How to Reset the samsung fridge temperature
To reset the temperature of your Samsung refrigerator, perform the following steps.
1. Navigate to the control panel or touch-screen display (Some Samsung refrigerator models have theirs inside the fridge while others have their displays outside).
2. Press the refrigerator button to see the current temperature (The temperature ranges from 34 to 44 degrees Fahrenheit).
3. Continue to push the fridge button until you reach the desired temperature. Assuming you want to raise the temperature to 37 degrees and it is currently at 35 degrees, pressing the button once will bring the temperature down to 34 degrees, which is the lowest temperature for the fridge.
When you press the button again while it is at 34 degrees, it will rise to the highest point of 44 degrees. Then press the button again to move it to 43, and so on until it reaches 37.
Important: There are no up or down buttons on the temperature setting, which instead travels in circles from 44 degrees down to 34 degrees and back to 44 degrees.
How to Reset/Change the Temperature of a Samsung Freezer
To reset or modify the temperature of a Samsung freezer, do the following…
Step 1: Find the control panel.
Depending on your model of Samsung refrigerator, it could be inside or outside. If it’s a model with an internal control panel, make sure the child lock is turned off.
Step 2: Decrease the temperature by pressing the freezer button until it reaches the desired temperature. It’s worth noting that certain freezers require you to hold it for about 5 seconds in order for it to maintain the temperature you set it to. Also, the freezer temperature circles from -8 to -7, -6 to -5, and so on until you reach 5 degrees and back.
Watch the video below for a demonstration of how to reset the temperature of a Samsung refrigerator’s freezer.
After a Power Outage, How Do I Reset My Samsung Refrigerator?
After a power loss, press the power save and lighting buttons for 10 seconds, or the fridge and freezer buttons simultaneously for 10 seconds, to reset your Samsung refrigerator.
In the event of a power loss, your Samsung refrigerator displays error codes 1E and/or SE. Holding the fridge and freezer buttons together will reset the refrigerator and clear the error codes. However, before restarting your refrigerator, you should first test the power save and illumination controls.
How to Reset a Samsung Ice Maker Following a Power Outage
To reset your Samsung refrigerator’s ice maker after a power outage, perform the following…
1. Remove the ice tray from the freezer. If this does not come out, you must first defrost your ice machine.
2. Look for the reset button. Take a look to the side. There should be a blue reset button there.
3. Press and hold the reset button until you hear a beep. Your ice maker will be reset as a result of this.
OUR FINAL THOUGHTS
The Samsung fridge reset is a simple process to clear all settings in your refrigerator. You don’t have to worry about calling the repairman for this one small task because it only takes a few minutes and you can do it yourself! This blog post has given you everything you need from start to finish, so enjoy your newly-reset fridge!
FREQUENTLY ASK QUESTIONS
Can a Samsung TV’s cracked screen be repaired?
If your TV needs to be fixed, you can set up a visit from an authorized Samsung technician who will fix it there and then. You retain your original factory warranty in addition to receiving a 3-month warranty on all Samsung repairs.
How much does a Samsung flat-screen TV repair cost?
Samsung TV repairs typically cost between $75 and $200. For the most accurate cost estimate, get in touch with a local Samsung TV repair professional.
How is a Samsung Control Board reset?
Power cycling or holding down the Power Cool and Power Freeze buttons will reset the control panel. Additionally, the red switch inside the top right-hand door can be used to reset the Family HubTM.