Are you looking for a straightforward and practical answer to the topic of How to Update HBO Max on a Samsung Smart Television?
I’m happy to announce that you are in the right place!
In this article, I’ve included extensive step-by-step directions on how to do it yourself.
The fact that many people dislike it when apps update automatically leads to their preferring to update the programs manually whenever necessary.
How to Update HBO Max on Samsung smart Tv?
Alternatively, if you do not want to update the apps manually, you can enable the automatic update feature in the settings.
A new streaming service from Warner Media, HBO Max Samsung, premiered in May 2020 and is presently available in a limited number of regions around the world. The service is available in English and Spanish.
You can probably download HBO max in just a few seconds.
Instead of running on a third-party operating system such as Amazon Fire TV, Google TV, Apple tvOS, or Roku OS, Samsung’s Smart TV runs on the company’s own operating system,
Samsung Experience, as a result, if your smart TV is compatible with HBO Max Samsung, the app must be downloaded straight from Samsung.
A range of original films and series, among other things, are available on this new streaming service, which includes popular shows such as The Big Band Theory and Friends, as well as several other popular shows.
Let’s start to dive into this topic!
HBO Max Quick Glimpse
HBO Max Samsung, a new streaming service from Warner Media, will be available worldwide on May 27, 2020.
A promotional discount was offered by AT&T in an attempt to persuade subscribers to move to HBO Max Samsung, which will be charged at the same rate as a standard HBO plan, or $ 14.99 per month, in exchange for switching.
Netflix’s upcoming streaming service, which will start in the autumn and include new episodes of classic sitcoms such as Friends and The Big Bang Theory, as well as original programming and features, will be available to subscribers.
Many Samsung Smart TV users who have signed up for HBO Max have the question “how to update HBO Max on Samsung Smart TV,” which is a common one among them.
The following information will answer all of your questions if you have been thinking about the same subject.
On a Samsung Smart TV, how do you get HBO Max Samsung to work?
A detailed guide on how to install the HBO Max application on a Samsung smart TV can be found here.
The updated HBO Max app is only compatible with Samsung smart TV models from 2016 and after.
In addition, if you are interested in HBO Max Samsung models from before 2016, you can find further information in the following area.
- Open the Smart Hub, select Apps, and then look for HBO Max.
- Choose and download HBO Max from the available options.
- Open HBO Max Samsung after it has been downloaded.
- Sign in or create an account to begin your subscription.
How can I sign into the HBO Max application on my Samsung Smart TV? I have a Samsung Smart TV.
In order to sign in to your Samsung Smart TV, you’ll need to have either your phone or a computer nearby.
The following is the procedure for logging in:
1. Click on Sign In from the drop-down menu on your television’s HBO Max screen once it has been launched (or try to play a show or movie).
- Log in to your account Are you unable to access the site?
It’s possible that you’ve already signed in.
To find out which account you’re currently logged into, select your profile icon (a circle with a letter in the upper-left corner), then scroll right and select Sign Out from the menu.
You may find your account email address in this section.
You can switch between accounts by selecting the Sign Out button, and then logging into your other account.
2. You should be able to view a six-character code. Continue to look at this screen while you go get your phone or computer.
3. In the URL bar of your phone or computer’s web browser, type hbomax.com/tvsignin (which leads to https://activate.hbomax.com) and press Enter. This should take you to a screen where you can enter your code.
4. When prompted by your television, enter the code that appears on the screen and then selects Next.
5. Sign in using your television or mobile service provider.
6. Select a service provider (who you subscribe through). If you’re using a computer, select View All Providers from the drop-down menu and then choose your provider.
7. Enter the login and password for your provider account, which includes HBO Max, in the appropriate fields below.
8. Is this your first time logging in? Create an account by entering or verifying your name and email address, and then click Create Account.
Is there a user account? See the following section for more information.
9. Once your television has updated (this may take up to 60 seconds), select who will be watching and you are ready to begin streaming.
How to set up HBO Max on a Samsung Smart TV that was manufactured prior to the 2016 model year.
Chromecast: Stream HBO Max to your television from your phone, tablet, or computer with Chromecast.
- With AirPlay, you can stream HBO Max to any device that supports AirPlay 2.
- Connect your computer, phone, or tablet to your television via an HDMI connection.
How to Update HBO Max on a Samsung Smart TV in 5 Easy Steps?
In several cases, Samsung Smart TV consumers have reported that they have been unable to update the HBO Max app on their televisions, and this has been reported on numerous occasions.
What you need to do is just follow the instructions provided below to quickly upgrade the AT&T streaming software installed on your Samsung Smart TV to the latest version of the application, which is a very straightforward process.
1. By hitting the Home button on your Samsung Smart TV, you may access the Smart Hub.
2. Once Smart Hub has been launched, simply pick “Applications” from the drop-down menu.
3. Select the “Settings” icon, which may be found in the top right corner of the screen.
4. To update your TV application, go to “Updates” and select it.
5. To complete the process, simply locate and choose “HBO Max” from the drop-down menu, followed by “Update.” It will be simple to make changes to your application.
Instructions on how to upgrade HBO Max on Fire TV / Firestick and resolve the error message “Unsupported Version.”
Some HBO Max apps, including sideloaded versions, have been rendered inoperable as of today as a result of the streaming service’s release of a new version of its app.
In its place, the program is now displaying the message “Unsupported Version” as shown above.
While it is recommended that you delete and reinstall the official HBO Max Samsung app rather than updating your sideload app, this will prevent you from having to reinstall the HBO Max app on your Fire TV or Fire TV Stick.
This is because the official HBO Max Samsung app is now available in the official Amazon Appstore.
- As a result of the streaming service’s release of a new version of its app, some HBO Max apps, including sideloaded versions, have been declared useless as of today.
- Rather than this, the program is now displaying the notice “Unsupported Version,” as illustrated in the screenshot above.
- It is recommended that you deactivate the HBO Max sideload app rather than updating your sideload app.
Bonus: Tips and Tricks in Trouble Shooting
Problem 1: Unsure where to put the code?
If you are unable to access the Enter Code page, you can try the following solutions:
- Go to https://activate.HBOMax.com (or type https://activate.hbomax.com into your browser’s address bar) and follow the instructions.
If all goes according to plan, you should be directed to an Input Code screen, where you can enter the code that was received from your television.
The code does not function properly or is invalid.
Take a look at the following:
1. Check that you are on the correct page in Step 3 (https://activate.hbomax.com) in the preceding section.
2. Select this link: https://activate.HBOMax.com and then enter the code that was provided by the television.
3. Change your browser to one of the supported ones such as Chrome, Firefox, Microsoft Edge, or Safari.
4. Get yourself a new code. To accomplish this, go return to your TV and select Sign In once more.
If you’re using your phone to sign in, try the following steps instead:
Step 1: Log on to a computer system.
- In Step 3 above, consider using a computer to complete the task (instead of your phone). This can be accomplished by visiting the following website: https://activate.HBOMax.com on your computer and then entering the code from your television.
Step 2: Delete all of the data associated with your browser.
Try checking in with your phone after clearing your browser’s cache and history, and then try again. Here’s how to go about it:
- iPhone: On your iOS device, go to Settings > Safari, then scroll down and tap Clear History and Website Data. iPad: Go to Settings > Safari, then scroll down and tap Clear History and Website Data.
- Phone with Android operating system: Wipe the browsing data from your Chrome browser on your Android device in an attempt to restore it. Clearing your cache and cookies will provide you with detailed information on how to accomplish this.
Problem2: I am unable to sign in through a Service Provider.
If you are unable to log in through your television, internet, or mobile service provider.
Follow these steps to get started:
Step 1: Log in to the website of your service provider.
First and foremost, ensure that you are able to log into your service provider account.
Depending on whether you have HBO Max or not, your provider is either the company that signed you up for it or the company that invoices you on a monthly basis for it.
Go to the website of your service provider and sign in using the username and password associated with your provider account.
For those who have forgotten their sign-in credentials or who do not know what it is, seek help or reset the password option on the sign-in screen of your service provider.
If you are having difficulty logging into your provider account, please contact your provider for assistance. There is no way that HBO Max Support can access your provider’s sign-in credentials.
Step 2: Is it impossible to authenticate your subscription?
If you receive the warning “Can’t verify your subscription,” look for your service provider’s name below:
- If you have AT&T cellular or internet service, you may need to configure your plan to include HBO Max. See Sign in with your AT&T account.
- Your tv or Cable provider
- Make certain that your television bundle includes HBO Max. To do so, log into your provider account (which may be accessed through the provider’s website) and verify that HBO Max is included.
- If you have an Apple device, try disconnecting your TV provider from the Settings menu In order to accomplish this on your Apple TV, navigate to Settings > Accounts > TV Provider and select Remove TV Provider.
- To accomplish this on your iOS device, navigate to Settings > TV Provider and select Remove TV Provider from the menu.
- Once you’ve done that, open HBO Max and attempt logging in again.
- It is necessary to sign in to HBO Max Samsung using the same account that you use for accessing your primary TV provider if your TV provider account is a subaccount of your primary TV provider. After signing in, you will be able to create profiles for each member of your family.
Step 3: Attempt to troubleshoot the device.
Problem 3: Update the firmware on your Samsung television.
If you are still unable to update the HBO Max Samsung app on your Samsung TV, the issue may be with the Samsung TV firmware itself, which can be found here.
With frequent upgrades, any program or software on a device may begin to behave in a way that is incompatible with the platform on which it is running.
Typically, developers will acknowledge these difficulties by releasing updates to the app, or if the issue is prevalent, a firmware update would be released to address the problem.
By hitting the Menu or Home buttons on your Samsung TV remote, you can begin the process of checking for new firmware updates on your television.
This should cause the Smart Hub area to appear on your television screen. Navigate to the Settings option on this screen and click on it to activate it.
Then, on the right-hand side of the screen, pick ‘Software Update’ from the drop-down menu that appears when the Settings dialog box shows on the screen.
When you choose the ‘Software Update’ option, you will be presented with two choices. You will need to click the ‘Update Now‘ option in order for your Samsung TV to check for and install the most recent firmware version available.
The TV will now automatically check for the most recent version and download and install it for you. When the update has been successfully installed, your Samsung TV will automatically restart, and you will be able to view a message confirming that the update has been successfully completed.
Following the installation of the most recent Samsung TV firmware, you should upgrade the HBO Max app to the most recent version by following the instructions in the guidance we provided at the beginning of this page.
How about Deleting and wanted to Reinstall HBO Max Samsung App
If the HBO Max app continues to fail to update to the most recent version despite your attempts to reset your TV and update the TV’s firmware, the only other option is to entirely remove the program from your TV library and reinstall it.
In order to activate Smart Hub, press the Home or Menu key on your television remote to bring up a menu that allows you to uninstall the HBO Max app from your Samsung TV.
Select the Apps area from the Smart Hub by navigating through it with the navigation keys on the remove.
Select the Settings icon from the upper right corner of the App screen once it has loaded.
On this screen, you will now be able to see the HBO Max application. Then, using the Down button or Tools button on your remote, select the ‘Delete’ option from the drop-down menu.
Your TV will now ask you if you want to delete the app from your home screen. To confirm the process, select the ‘Delete’ option from the menu bar.
After the program has been uninstalled from your TV, you can reinstall it by selecting the ‘Apps’ tab on the Smart Hub and following the on-screen instructions.
Select the Search icon from the top right corner of the Apps screen after you’ve arrived there.
Enter “HBO Max” in the search area, press the Enter key, and the app will appear in the search results in a few moments.
Once you have located the HBO Max app, pick it and then select the ‘Install’ option on the following screen to have it installed on your television.
On your television, you will now be able to access the most recent version of the HBO Max application.
Our Final Thoughts
There are many things to entertain ourselves today.
The internet, online games, and of course movies.
It is one of our coping mechanisms to survive and relax our current situation.
And, it’s frustrating if there’s a problem with your HBO Max Samsung.
I hope you learn from this simple article!
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I get the most recent version of HBO MAX to work on my Samsung Smart Television?
1. Open the Smart Hub, select Apps, and then type HBO Max into the search bar. Then, select and download HBO Max from the available options.
2, Once HBO Max has been downloaded, access it and sign in or begin your subscription. Not all Samsung television models are compatible with this software.
How can I update hbo max on my Samsung smart tv with the latest version?
Update the HBO Max mobile application.
In order to obtain the most recent version of the HBO Max app, go to your device’s app store and search for HBO Max in the search bar.
If an app update is available, select either update or download from the drop-down menu
What is causing me to be unable to locate HBO Max on my Samsung Smart Television?
Check to see that you have the most recent version of HBO Max.
To accomplish this, on your Android TV, navigate to the HBO Max tile and then press and hold the choose button for several seconds. After that, select View Details and then Update (if available).
Make sure your Android TV is up to date with the most recent software upgrades