How to Transfer Contacts from Phone to Sim Card on Samsung? (Solved!)
How to Transfer Contacts from Phone to Sim Card on Samsung? Our contacts are really important to us, which is why we have them preserved in the first place. However, it is possible to lose sight of how crucial they are at times.
We realize we should have made a backup of our contact information after we had lost or changed our phones.
Fortunately, figuring out how to move contacts from our Samsung phone to our SIM card is simple. If you don’t want to waste time, you can use a time-saving tool like Easy Backup or the Contacts app on your phone, which allows you to export contacts all at once, in groups, or individually.
You’ll be confident that you understand exactly how to copy contacts from Android to SIM at the end of this article, which examines the process.
How To Move Contacts From Samsung Phone To SIM Card Video
Here is a quick video on how to move contacts from Phone to Sim Card.
Here is a simple answer.
How to Transfer Contacts from Phone to Sim Card on Samsung?
Here is how to copy contacts from my phone to my SIM card.
- Navigate to Apps from the Home screen.
- Scroll down to Contacts and press on it.
- Select the Contacts tab.
- Press the Menu button.
- Select Import/Export from the pop-up menu.
- Select Export to SIM card.
- Select all by tapping the button.
- Done is the final step.
Why would I want to transfer contacts from my Android device to my SIM card?
The desire to know how to copy contacts from Android to SIM cards can be triggered by various circumstances.
Check the following examples below:
✔️ Make a backup of your contacts list in case something goes wrong.
✔️ Getting a new phone is an important decision.
✔️Transferring work contacts to a phone that will be used professionally is a good idea.
✔️ It is possible to transfer personal contacts from a work phone to a personal phone.
How can I transfer contacts from my Android phone to my SIM card?
This can be accomplished in various ways, and we have compiled extensive instructions on how to accomplish this using the pre-installed software on your device.
First and foremost, though, we’d like to recommend an alternative method of sharing contact information.
In addition to the reasons indicated above, many of the reasons for transferring your contacts to SIM involve buying a new phone or simply backing up your contacts to protect yourself from damage.
You can download an app that will accomplish this for you, saving you a significant amount of time and effort in the process.
Transferring phone contacts to the SIM card
The time required is 2 minutes.
Contacts from your Samsung phone can be transferred to a SIM card in a few simple steps. Follow the procedures outlined below to complete the task.
1. Launch the Contacts application.
Locate and tap Contacts on your Home screen or Apps tray to open a new window.
2. From the drop-down box, select the option for Configuration.
Select the three lines in the upper left corner of the screen by tapping on them.
3. Select Manage contacts from the drop-down menu.
Select the Manage contacts option from the drop-down menu.
4. Select the contacts you want to move.
It is possible to transfer contacts between accounts or between SIM cards using this feature.
5. Begin copying contacts from one computer to another.
You can now choose where you want to transfer your contacts. Select Phone from the drop-down menu.
6. Select the contacts that you wish to transfer.
You can select all of your contacts from your phone or a specific number of them. If you don’t want to relocate everything, be sure you choose the All circle next to Select contacts at the top of the screen. Then select each of the contacts you wish to transfer one at a time.
7. Click on the Done button.
After you’ve finished selecting your contacts, click Done at the bottom of the page.
8. Select the location where you want to move your contacts.
Select the SIM card from which you wish to transfer your contacts.
9. Respond to the prompt.
Continue by pressing the Continue button.
10. Confirm the course of action.
To begin migrating your contacts, select Move from the Contacts menu.
11. Press the OK button.
Click on the OK button.
Android devices running Jelly Bean or earlier versions of Android may import and export contacts to and from an SD card.
1. From the Home screen, select Apps / Applications from the drop-down menu.
2. Select Contacts from the drop-down menu.
3. Press and hold the GS4 Menu Key.
4. Select Import/Export from the drop-down menu.
5. Select Import from SIM card to import contacts from your SD card or Export to SIM card to export contacts from your device’s internal storage to your SD card.
Automatic backup can be turned off or enabled.
When you first set up your Google Account on your phone, you will be asked if you want to back up your data. If you say yes, you will be prompted to do so.
Follow thoroughly the steps below!
1. Open the Settings app on your phone.
2. Backup may be accessed by selecting System and then Backup.
3. Back up to Google Drive can be turned on or off.
Contacts can be restored from backups
You cannot restore a backup created on a phone running a higher Android version to one that is running a lower Android version.
This is important. Learn how to determine and update the Android version on your device.
1. Open the Settings application on your phone.
2. Press the Google button.
3. Select Set up and restore from the drop-down menu.
4. Select Restore contacts from the drop-down menu.
5. If you have multiple Google Accounts, you may pick which account contacts to restore by selecting From account and selecting the appropriate account.
6. To copy the contacts, tap the phone on which they are stored.
7. If you don’t want contacts from your SIM card or phone storage to be copied, turn off SIM card and Device storage on your phone.
8. Tap Restore, then wait until you see “Contacts restored” appear on your screen.
In order to avoid creating duplicate contacts, your phone only restores contacts that it does not already contain.
Your restored contacts will also sync with your current Google Account as well as any other devices you may be using.
Tip: If you want to recover contacts from other apps, such as Outlook or WhatsApp, you’ll need to uninstall and reinstall those applications.
How About Importing or Exporting Contacts that are From Sim Card
If you need to swiftly move phone numbers from one device to another, exporting them to the storage on your SIM card is a good way to do it; however, only phone numbers and names will be transferred to a SIM card.
Any addresses, email addresses, or other information stored on the device will be retained.
Contacts kept on a SIM card will not let you add any details, therefore importing them to your device or Google/Samsung accounts will allow you to add images, email addresses, and other information to each contact.
The operating system organizes the step-by-step instructions in the dropdown menus below.
Check out the page if you’re unsure what version of Android OS your device is running.
How to find out what version of Android OS my device is running, or you may scroll through the dropdowns until you see a screenshot that looks like your device!
PIE [ ANDROID VERSION 9.0 ]
1. Navigate to the contact icon Contact app.
2. Select the three lines symbol.
3. Choose Manage contacts.
4. Select Import/export contacts.
5. Click the Export button.
6. Select SIM card > tap on the contact numbers you want to export, then hit Done when finished. Tap on Export to export the contacts to your SIM card.
Transferring Contact Groups to SIM
Sometimes you simply need to back up a subset of your phone contacts.
For instance, you might wish to have distinct files for professional connections, friends, and family.
1. Launch the Contacts app. Select “More,” which is usually indicated by three little dots at the top or bottom of your screen.
2. Now, select the option labeled “Manage contacts” or something similar.
3. The next choice is to choose “Copy contacts” or “Import Contacts.” You will now be offered the option of copying or importing the contacts from a specific location.
Select “Internal storage” if the contacts are on your phone, “SIM” if they are on your SIM card, or “Google” if you wish to import the contacts from your Google account.
Individual contacts can now be selected by tapping them.
Alternatively, hit “Select all” and then deselect specific contacts.
After making your selections, click “Copy” and select “Copy to SIM.”
This customized list of contacts will now be available on your SIM as a vCard.
Individual Contacts Transferring to SIM
In some circumstances, you may only want to replicate a single contact to your SIM card.
This may be someone whose information you don’t want to lose, such as an important business contact or a family member.
1. To begin, open your Contacts app.
2. Now, tap a contact to view their information.
3. Tap the three-dot option, which may contain the word “More” alongside or below it.
4. When you select “Copy” or “Share,” you will be asked where you want to save the contact.
5. Select “SIM,” and this contact will now be saved on your Android SIM card independently.
Syncing Contacts from an Android SIM to an Android Phone
1. After you’ve imported your contacts to your Android SIM, you’ll be able to import them into another Android phone effortlessly.
2. Insert the SIM card into the phone, then launch the “Contacts” app.
3. You should now select the “More” option, which is usually denoted by three little dots.
4. You can now go straight to “Import” or, depending on your phone, “Import/Export” and then “Import.”
5. If you choose to import contacts from the SIM card, your contacts will be moved to this phone.
6. You’ve now backed up your contacts not only to a SIM card but also to a completely separate phone.
7. The fact that your contacts are still safely stored on the SIM as a VCard is perhaps the finest part.
As you can see, several methods for transferring contacts from Android to SIM cards exist.
However, it appears that using convenient software that performs most of the work for you is the quickest and most effective way to move or back up your contacts.
Our Final Thoughts: Transfer Contacts from Phone
Transferring contacts to our sim is an important thing to learn.
Of course, there’s a possibility that our phone can be lost or damaged so we need to transfer our contacts to the phone.
I hope you learn from this article!
Frequently Ask Questions on Transfer Contacts to Sim Card
How can I move contacts from my phone to my SIM card on a Samsung?
1. Launch the Contact app.
2. Press the on button.
3. Choose whether to import or export contacts.
4. Select Export.
5. Choose SIM card, then click Export.
6. Select a contact to export to your SIM card and then press Done.
7. Read the popup message and then press OK.
8. Once the contact has been saved to your SIM card, click OK.
How can I transfer contacts from my phone to my SIM card?
- Place the SIM card in your device.
- Open the Contacts app on your Android phone or tablet.
- Tap Menu Settings Import in the upper left corner.
- Squeeze the SIM card. Select the account where you want to save the contacts if you have several accounts on your device.
Do contacts save to SIM automatically?
The advantage of saving directly to the SIM is that you can pull out your SIM and insert it into a new phone, and you’ll have all of your contacts with you right away.
The disadvantage is that all contacts are kept locally on the SIM and are not backed up. This implies that if you lose or damage your phone or SIM, you will lose your contacts.