When it comes to streaming video, Amazon Prime Video is unrivaled. Amazon has created the Prime Video app, which is available for nearly all smart devices.
You can download and use the Amazon Prime Video app on your smartphone, streaming device, smart TV, and personal computer.
It is possible that Amazon Prime Video will not function properly on a Samsung Smart TV at times.
There will be some streaming or performance issues with this product.
If the Prime Video app on your Samsung Smart TV is not working properly, here are a few possible solutions.
What’s causing Amazon Prime Video to stop working on your Samsung TV?
If Amazon Prime Video isn’t working on your Samsung TV, it could be due to one of the following:
- The memory capacity of your television is insufficient.
- The video streaming application has been decommissioned.
- Your television’s software is out of date.
- Your account has been disabled.
- To view this page, you must first connect your Samsung TV to the internet.
- To say the least, your internet connection is sluggish.
- Your HDMI cable does not meet the specifications.
- Fortunately, these and many other issues can be resolved in a variety of ways.
How to Resolve Prime Video Issues on Samsung TV
To resolve the problem, follow these steps:
See Other Related Artickles:
- How to Fix Disney Plus Black Screen on Samsung TV and Tablet Issues? [Answered!]
- How to Download Disney Plus on Samsung Tv [Must-Read Guide]
- My Samsung TV keeps Turning Off Every 5 Seconds (See Here)
1. Perform a cold boot of your Samsung TV.
A cold boot assists in shutting down and rebooting the television. It can assist in the resolution of a variety of issues, including glitches, picture issues, freezing, not loading, and crashing, among others.
There are two methods for cold booting a Samsung TV:
1. Using a remote control
- Keep the power button pressed.
- Wait for the TV to turn off and on again.
- The entire procedure should take no more than five seconds to complete.
2. Unplugging the television
- Unplug the Smart TV from the power source.
- Allow it to be unplugged for 30 seconds.
- Replug it in.
- Open the app again to see if the problem has been resolved.
2. Update the software on the television.
Here’s how to check your Samsung TV for software updates:
- Navigate to the Settings menu.
- Choose Support.
- Select Software Update.
- Choose Update Now.
- If an update is available, your device will automatically install the software and reboot.
- Next, test the Prime Video app to see if you’ve resolved the issue.
3. Check Your Internet Connection
It’s possible that the problem is caused by the internet connection. However, in order to watch premium video content, you must have an internet connection. In this case, if your TV does not have an internet connection, the prime video will not play.
Ascertain that the smart TV is connected to Wi-Fi and that the internet is operational on that network. For example, you can check your internet connection by clicking here. If the test starts, the internet is operational. Alternately, change the network.
4. Delete the Cache
There could be an issue with an app that is causing glitches. As a result, Prime Video is no longer available on Samsung smart TVs. Clearing the cache will quickly resolve the app issue. To accomplish this, follow these steps:
- Navigate to Settings by pressing the Home button on the TV remote.
- Select Apps, followed by System Apps.
- Now, open the Amazon Prime Video app and select Clear cache.
- To confirm, click OK.
5. Uninstall and reinstall the Prime Video app.
If clearing the cache does not resolve the problem, you should uninstall and reinstall the Prime Video app. However, uninstalling will be beneficial if the data on your smart TV’s apps has become corrupted. You must first uninstall the Prime Video app and then reinstall it on your smart TV.
How to Uninstall Prime Video App:
- Press the Home button on the TV remote.
- Select Apps from the menu.
- Navigate to Settings and then to the Prime Video app.
- Select Delete, then confirm the uninstallation by clicking Delete again.
Installing the Prime Video App Again:
- Navigate to APPS and then the Search icon from the Menu.
- Enter Prime Video and then click on it to watch it.
- Now, click Install to begin the installation process.
- Then, launch the Prime Video app and verify that it is operational.
6. Turn on your device.
Occasionally, the Amazon account causes a problem. More devices may be logged in with the same Amazon account. You must deregister the devices from the account in this case. However, it is best to deregister and reregister the smart TV in order for the app to function properly.
Go to Settings after launching the Prime Video app. After that, go to account settings and then device. There could be a lot of devices registered. However, if the list contains only a few devices. Only then should you deregister your smart TV. Following that, you can reactivate your smart TV from any device by visiting the Amazon website.
7. Upgrade the Prime Video App on your device.
It’s possible that the prime video application is out of date. Consequently, it is not compatible with your smart TV.. The application must be up to date in order to deliver high-quality video content. The following are the steps to take in order to update the Prime Video app on Samsung TV:
- Press the Smart Hub button on the remote control.
- Select Featured from the drop-down menu. Those applications that require an update are denoted by a white arrow on a blue background circle.
- Select the Amazon Prime Video app from the drop-down menu.
- To access a submenu, press and hold the Enter key for a few seconds.
- Update Apps should be selected first, followed by All from the submenu.
- Now is the time to select Update.
8. Restart your Samsung Smart Hub on your television.
To reset the Samsung Smart Hub, you will need to gather the login information for all of the apps that have been installed on the device prior to performing the reset. Once this is completed, proceed to the steps below:
- Navigate to the Settings menu.
- To reset the Smart Hub, go to Support > Self Diagnosis > Reset Smart Hub.
- Enter the PIN for your television, or the default PIN of 0000.
- The reset process will begin as soon as you enter your PIN.
8. Double-check that you have the correct HDMI cable.
Although this is a rare occurrence, it could be one of the reasons you are unable to watch movies or television shows in high definition or 4K. You may experience this if your HDMI cable does not meet the required specifications.
HD content streaming requires a cable with an HDCP 1.4 rating or higher in the majority of situations. It must be at least HDCP 2.2 in order to support 4K content.
If your HDMI cable is out of date, you will need to purchase a new one in order to watch high definition or 4K content. The iBirdie 4K HDR HDMI cable comes highly recommended.
9. Put a halt to downloads.
It’s possible that the downloading process is causing the internet speed to slow down. If you have files downloading on your smart TV, you should pause it. Amazon Prime video requires a minimum of one megabit per second (Mbps) of bandwidth. Additionally, once the download is complete, you can try to play the prime video again.
10. Double-check your VPN connection.
If you are connected to a virtual private network (VPN), this indicates that the VPN has blocked the streaming service. When you stream using a VPN, Amazon, on the other hand, may flag your location as suspicious. Make certain that the VPN is turned off. Immediately prior to launching the prime video application. Furthermore, the VPN circumvents geographical restrictions.
11. Double-check your location settings
The prime video is unable to be accessed because of the suspicious login attempt. In the same way, if the smart TV’s location does not match your exact location, you can use a VPN. The service will not function until the location has been correctly identified. As a result, make sure you go to Settings > Location and check to see if your current location matches your actual location.
What is the source of the “Something Went Wrong” message on my Amazon Prime account?
First and foremost, a poor internet connection is the most frequently encountered problem. Perhaps there is an issue with your network, or perhaps one of the app’s settings is conflicting with another. Here’s what you can do to make things right.
1. Clear the cache on your computer.
Cache clearing is accomplished by holding down the power button on your remote for 20 seconds.
2. Unplug the router from the wall.
After that, it was disconnected and then reconnected.
Amazon Prime Video should be reinstalled. More Apps can be accessed by pressing the Home button. Once the installation has been completed, try launching the application once more.
3. Reset the SmartHub to its default settings.
After resetting SmartHub, press and hold the power button on the TV remote for approximately 15 seconds to reset the TV. You can either update the software on your router or try logging into both your Samsung and Amazon accounts again to see if that helps. If nothing else seems to work, try performing a factory reset on your television.
Here is a recap. But the #1 cause may be the following.
Prime Video Not Working on Samsung TV
Here is what to do when Prime Video does not work on your Samsung TV. You must restart the device. Unplug the television and wait a FULL 60 seconds. Press and hold the TV’s power button for thirty seconds while you wait. After one minute, reconnect your television.
Our Final Thoughts
Prime Video not working on Samsung TV is a problem that can be caused by an app glitch, a smart hub error, or a poor network connection, among other things. You can, however, easily resolve this situation. On this occasion, we followed the same procedures as those described in this article.
Was the information in this article useful? Please share your thoughts in the comments section. In addition, if you have any questions or concerns.
Frequently Ask Questions
Is it possible to sign into an Amazon Prime account from multiple devices?
Amazon Prime Video has a five-device limit, which means you can only watch it on five different devices.