How to Turn on Samsung Watch?  (Answered)
Every now and then, your computer’s software can become unresponsive.
While we haven’t had any major issues with the Samsung Galaxy Watch 3, we can’t guarantee that everyone will have the same experience we have had with it.
Restoring the system to its original state can be accomplished by performing a factory reset.
This will restore your watch to a state similar to that in which it was when you first unboxed it, while also keeping software updates active but doing little else to improve its overall performance.
When it comes to how to reset Samsung’s latest smartwatch, we’ve covered the most effective methods for dealing with its sluggish performance.
Turn the device on or off.
Activate and deactivate your device.
INSTRUCTIONS AND OTHER INFORMATION
WHEN YOU TURN ON THE WATCH: Keep pressing and holding the Power/Home button until the screen illuminates and the Samsung logo appears on the screen.
Note: If you are unable to turn on your device, try plugging it into a power source for 15 minutes and then attempting to turn on the device again.
Please see the Charge the Battery tutorial for more information on how to charge your device. The SIM card is pre-installed and cannot be removed from the device.
TO TURN OFF THE WATCH, press and hold the Power/Home button for several seconds.
Select Turn off the power.
For those who have trouble turning off their devices or who find that they have become unresponsive, press and hold the Power/Home button for 10 seconds until the device reboots.
What if my Samsung Watch is Not Charging
1. Begin charging your watch with the wireless charger and leave it on the cradle for a few hours.
2. If the charging indicator does not appear on your watch’s display after an hour or two, press the Power button while leaving it on the charger.
Does your watch light up to display the power indicator?
If it does, continue the charging process until the watch is fully charged.
3. If your Galaxy watch does not show charging status when the Power button is pressed after an hour or two of charging but appears warm to the touch, it may be that your Galaxy watch is too hot (thermal shutdown mode.)
Your watch will not be able to charge until it has cooled down.
Remove the watch and allow it to cool before placing it on the charger.
Apps that go rogue can cause the watch to enter thermal shutdown mode.
4. Make sure there is nothing between the charger and the device, such as dust, tape, etc.
We’ve seen many cases where dust or debris has accumulated on the charger, or the back of your smartwatch has accumulated dust from use.
Clean any dirt from the charger and the back of the watch with a clean cloth before attempting to charge it.
5. Change the charger’s power source, e.g., from laptop to wall outlet.
The device must be turned on and not in sleep mode when charging via PC or laptop.
You can test the charger’s power supply by plugging it into another device or outlet.
If you notice that your Galaxy Watch is charging but only slowly, it may be time to get a replacement charging cradle.
Over time, the normal use of the watch can cause the side buttons to accumulate dirt or debris.
If the side buttons stop working or require multiple attempts, clean them with rubbing alcohol.
In general, dab a little rubbing alcohol on your finger and rub it around the buttons, pressing them repeatedly to try to loosen anything that has accumulated and is preventing them from depressing properly.
How To Charge The Samsung Watch
1. To begin charging, connect the wireless charger to the charger and then plug the charger into an electrical outlet to complete the connection.
2. Install the Galaxy Watch Active2 on the wireless charger so that the center of the back of the Galaxy Watch Active2 aligns with the center of the wireless charger.
3. Once the Galaxy Watch Active2 has finished charging, unplug it from the wireless charger and store it somewhere secure.
Begin with the wireless charger and work your way down the line, disconnecting it from the charger and then unplugging it from the electric socket (starting with the wireless charger).
Wireless PowerShare is being used to recharge the battery.
The battery is being recharged through the use of Wireless PowerShare.
1. Place the Galaxy Watch Active2’s back on the device that serves as a wireless charging pad in the center of the device.
Depending on the model of the device, the location of the wireless charging coil may be different from one another.
In order for the device or the Galaxy Watch Active2 to communicate properly, make the necessary adjustments to them.
2. Once the Galaxy Watch Active2 has completed its charging cycle, remove it from the device and place it somewhere safe.
How To Reset Samsung Galaxy Watch
Using the Power button after the device has been turned off, press and hold the button until the Samsung Galaxy Watch logo appears, then release it.
It is possible to use a soft reset to resolve issues such as constant resetting and rebooting, device crashing and freezing, not ringing or vibrating, inability to make or receive calls, the device locking up, and the screen not responding.
Check that the software on your Galaxy Watch is up to date using your AndroidTM smartphone or Apple® iPhone®.
The instructions below apply to the most recent version of the device and should be followed from your AndroidTM smartphone or Apple® iPhone®.
It is similar to restarting a desktop computer, and it is one of the first steps in troubleshooting a device that has malfunctioned.
A soft reset (which involves turning the device off and then back on) can be performed on most devices.
The majority of the time, unless the battery is extremely low, a soft reset will have no effect on the data stored on the device in most cases.
For more information and to try out the Galaxy Watch simulator, go to the Samsung support website.
1. Then press and hold the Home button until the options menu appears on the watch’s screen, and then release it.
2. The option to turn off the computer can be found on the options screen.
3. After the device has been turned off, press and hold the Power button until the Samsung Galaxy Watch logo appears on the screen, then release the button.
BONUS: How To Troubleshoot a Samsung Watch that is Not Turning On
Are you considering replacing the battery in your watch? It is unlikely to be required.
According to our experience with smartwatches, this problem is frequently caused by a faulty connection issue that involves the charging cradle.
Begin with the charging dock for your Galaxy Watch (if you have one).
1. One of the most important things you can do is leave your Galaxy Watch on its charger overnight, charging it completely.
The amount of time it takes to charge the watch is dependent on the condition of both the watch and the charger.
There is a possibility that the battery in your watch has been completely depleted.
2. If you have already attempted to charge the watch overnight and have been unsuccessful, there is a possibility that the outlet that you regularly use is not functioning properly.
When charging your watch overnight, we recommend that you use an alternate outlet or power source that you are confident will work properly.
3. Examine the Samsung Wireless charger cable for damage.
If you notice any signs of fraying, this could indicate that the charging cable has reached the end of its useful life and that you require a new Samsung Charging wireless cable.
If getting a replacement isn’t an option, cover the fraying portion with electrical tape or Sugru and try charging again.
4. Is the wireless charger you’re using the right one? In our household, we have a variety of smartwatches, and the chargers for most of them are virtually identical.
Make sure you are using the correct charger for your Galaxy watch by flipping your charger over and checking the label.
Galaxy Watch from the past It is possible that active chargers will be unable to charge your newer Samsung Galaxy watches.
Our Final Thoughts
We hope you were able to resolve the vexing issue of you not knowing how to turn on or Galaxy Watch not turning on or becoming unresponsive.
If you’ve tried all of the steps, as well as charging the watch with a new charger, and still haven’t found success, you may need to contact Samsung’s experienced technicians and have them look at your device.
A new battery for your Galaxy Watch may be required. If you prefer to replace the battery on your own (not recommended for inexperienced users), you can follow the iFixit instructions after purchasing a suitable replacement battery.
Please let us know if you have any further questions or if any of the additional tips and tricks were helpful to you.
Frequently Ask Questions
Why isn't my Samsung Galaxy watch turning on?
If the battery in your watch is completely discharged, it will not power on.
Before you can use it, it must be charged. If the watch does not power on, does not appear to charge, or the charger light blinks, the problem could be with the battery, the connection, the charger, or the watch itself.
Can I use my Galaxy Watch instead of my phone?
The Samsung Galaxy Watch 4G enables users to connect to a 4G network without the need for a smartphone nearby.
Users can leave their phones at home and still listen to music, answer calls or messages, and receive notifications while out and about.
How do I turn on my Android smartwatch?
For at least three seconds, press and hold the middle pusher button.
Before turning on the smartwatch, make sure it is fully charged.
When connected to the charger, the smartwatch will also turn on.