How to Fix Error 5ud Samsung Washer? (Ultimate Guide)
Anyone who has ever owned a Samsung washing machine knows that they are some of the best machines on the market.
But even the best machines break down sometimes, and when that happens, it’s important to know how to properly fix them.
In this blog post, we will walk you through the five most common problems with Samsung washers, and show you how to fix them.
ERROR CODE SUD IN SAMSUNG WASHER
If you see an SUD code during a washing cycle, it implies the suds have risen above the normal amount in the drum. This message indicates that the washing machine is lowering foaming. It has just paused for 5-10 minutes to enable the suds to evaporate before continuing the washing cycle.
WHAT DOES THE SUD ERROR REPRESENT?
Foaming control is available on Samsung washers. If the suds become excessive, the machine shifts to a mode that reduces them. The SUD error means that the washer is unable to decrease the suds, thus the foam must evaporate naturally. It might last a long time depending on the concentration of washing powder in the water.
All three codes – 5D, SUD, and SD – are nearly identical. Some Samsung washing machines display the SUD error. The fault codes for the other Samsung washers are different. Because the number 5 and the letter s are difficult to read on a small display, the error codes 5d and Sd are identical to SUD.
If you’re certain it’s not the powder, the washing machine is broken. Namely:
1. the foam level sensor has failed to function;
2. the pressure switch has failed;
3. the drain system parts (hose, branch pipe, sewer) are partially obstructed;
4. The control board has failed, which is a very rare occurrence.
THE CAUSE OF THE SUD ERROR CODE
If the display displays the SUD error, you must first establish the source of the problem. If you used a washing powder that was not designed for automatic washing machines, the error will show.
You used a low-quality powder;
You used more detergent than was necessary for one washing cycle.
The foam level sensor is no longer working;
The pressure switch has failed;
Clogged release hose, branch pipe, or sewer;
The control board has suffered a major failure (but this reason is very rare).
First and first, evaluate your washing powder. You can remedy the problem by making a change.
HOW TO REPAIR THE ERROR
If your Samsung washing machine displays the SUD code and there are a lot of suds in the drum, do the following:
1. Allow a few moments for the suds to disperse. Following that, the cycle will continue on its own. If your Samsung washer requires it, press the start button.
2. After finishing the wash cycle, clean the drain filter.
3. Remove extra powder by running the washing machine without any garments and using a long wash cycle at a high temperature.
4. If you detect a lot of suds, change the detergent.
If the code is present but there are no suds in the drum:
1. Switch off the machine;
2. Remove the garments; do not attempt to enter the locked door; instead, drain the water using the emergency drain.
3. Remove the drain filter;
4. To test it, start the machine using the previously selected cycle.
Clean the powder residue from the drain and the drum thoroughly.
If you get the SUD code again during the cycle, the foam level sensor is most likely faulty. The foam sensor is not available in all Samsung washing machine models. Often, the water level sensor, also known as the pressure switch, performs this duty instead. The foam level sensor is beyond repair and must be replaced.
This component is simple to replace:
1. turn off the water and unplug the washing machine;
2. take off the top cover;
3. Locate the water level sensor in the machine’s upper right corner.
4. take out the air duct;
5. unplug the cables;
6. put in a new part;
7. Reinstall the pieces in the opposite order that they were removed.
OUR FINAL TOUGHTS
Samsung has been a frontrunner in the home appliance industry for many years, and their 5ud washer is no exception. This top-loading washer has a number of features that make it an excellent choice for your home laundry needs. If you’re looking for a quality washer that can handle large loads, this one is definitely worth considering. Thanks for reading!
FREQUENTLY ASK QUESTIONS
How can I resolve the 5E issue on my Samsung washing machine?
Remove the 5E Error Code from your Samsung washer.
1. Turn off the washer and make sure it’s level.
2. Examine the drain hose.
3. Clean the pump filter (only for front-loading pumps*).
4. Restart the washer and begin a cycle.
5. Make a service request.
How can I get suds out of my washing machine?
If suds appear, a capful of liquid fabric softener added to the wash and an additional rinse cycle will quickly and easily remove them. Vinegar will also work.
What exactly is 5E in a washing machine?
If your Samsung washer is in the middle of a drain cycle and the 5E error number appears on the display, it implies that the water is not draining properly. Something could be stuck, jammed, or obstructed, preventing water from draining from the washer. 5E is the official error code.