How to Block a Number on Samsung? You can block someone’s phone number if you’re getting spam calls or they won’t leave you alone.
As a result, their phone calls and text messages will no longer show up on your phone.
If your phone and carrier support it, you can also use the Smart Call feature to block and report calls.
You can also contact your carrier to prevent callers from leaving voicemails.
Please keep in mind that the available screens and settings may differ depending on your wireless service provider, software version, and phone model.
These instructions are valid for Galaxy phones running Android 9.0 (Pie) or later.
BLOCK CONTACTS FROM THE CONTACTS APP
You can block contacts who you don’t want to hear from in the Contacts app. This method only works if you already have the number saved as a contact on your phone. Navigate to Contacts, then tap the contact you want to block. Tap More, followed by Block contact. To confirm, tap Block.
The Contacts app on your Samsung handset is the simplest way to block (and unblock) phone numbers. The only issue is that the number must be added as a contact for this method to work. If you want to keep the number, follow the steps below to block or unblock contacts.
Note: Even if you block a contact, they will still appear in your Contacts list.
See Other Related Articles:
How to Retrieve Deleted Texts on Samsung ? (Quick-Guide)
How To Block Your Number or Contacts List [Step-by-Step]
BLOCK NUMBERS FROM THE PHONE APP
Using the Phone app, you can also manually add a number to your Block list. It makes no difference whether or not the number is added as a contact when you do it this way.
- Navigate to and launch the Phone application. Tap More options (three vertical dots), followed by Settings.
- Then, tap the Block numbers button. Tap Add phone number, then enter the phone number to be blocked.
- Then, tap the Add (plus sign) icon to add the contact to your Block list.
- You can also exclude numbers from your call log. In the Phone app, go to the Recents tab and tap the phone number you want to block. Tap Block after you’ve selected Details.
BLOCK CONTACTS FROM THE SAMSUNG MESSAGES APP
Have you recently received a disturbing spam text message? Unknown numbers or contacts can be blocked directly from the Samsung Messages app.
- Navigate to a conversation with the number you want to block in the Samsung Messages app.
- Then, at the top of the screen, tap the number or name, followed by Block number.
- Tap the Details icon if the Block number option does not appear. Tap More, followed by Block or Block contact. To confirm, tap Block.
- If the number has already been added as a contact, you can go to the Contacts tab in the Samsung Messages app.
- Tap More, then Block contact, and then Block again to confirm.
Although Samsung devices make it simple to block and unblock numbers, a device-specific method isn’t always the best option. Carriers frequently offer solutions for blocking numbers, which is useful for people who switch devices frequently and want to keep numbers blocked when they do.
VIEW BLOCKED NUMBERS AND MESSAGES
Perhaps you can’t recall who you blocked. There is a simple way to view all of the numbers and messages you’ve blocked.
- Go to and launch the Samsung Messages app.
- Tap More options (three vertical dots), then Settings.
- Block phone numbers and spam. Then, select Block numbers or Blocked messages.
- You can see which numbers or messages you’ve blocked from this page. You can also add or remove individuals or messages from the Block list.
UNBLOCK NUMBERS OR CONTACTS
If you changed your mind, you can remove a number from your Block list. There are two ways to do it.
- Navigate to and open the Contacts app, then tap the person you want to unblock.
- Tap More, followed by Unblock contact.
- You can also navigate to and launch the Phone app. Tap More options (three vertical dots), followed by Settings.
- Tap Block numbers, then Delete to remove the corresponding phone number from your Block list.
Android apps allow you to do pretty much anything. There are numerous call blocking apps available in the Google Play Store. We can’t tell you how to do it in every app, but we can direct you to our list of the best call blocker apps for Android.
BLOCK NUMBERS WITH SMART CALL
Note: The Smart Call feature may not be available on all carriers, models, or software versions.
The Smart Call feature allows you to block unknown numbers from any phone number that is not in your Contacts list. Once Smart Call is activated, you will no longer be bothered by spam or other unwanted calls.
- Navigate to and launch the Phone app, then tap More options (three vertical dots), and finally Settings.
- Turn on Caller ID and spam protection by tapping the switch.
- When your phone rings, the options to Block and Report the number will appear at the bottom of the screen. If you do not want to be contacted by that caller again, select one of the following options during or after the call:
- Tap Block number to add the number to your Block list.
- Tap Report number if you feel the call is fraudulent, and then select a category, such as General Spam, Scam or Fraud, or Telemarketer. You can also include a comment when you report the number. Tap Report when you’re finished.
Error message appears when using Smart Call
If you receive an error message when using Smart Call, check for software updates. Go to Settings, then Software update, and finally Download and install. On some carriers, you will need to tap System updates, then Check for system updates.
You can also attempt to clear the data in the Phone app:
- Navigate to and open the Settings menu. Tap Apps, then find and select the Phone app.
- Tap Storage, then Clear data before tapping OK to confirm.
- Navigate to and launch the Phone app. Select More options (the three vertical dots).
- Tap Settings, then Caller ID and spam protection, and then turn it back on.
PREVENT CALLERS FROM LEAVING VOICEMAILS
You can also block callers from leaving voicemail messages, but you will need to contact your carrier directly. Please see the carrier information below.
- United Cellular
If your carrier is not listed here, please contact them for further support.
CONCLUSION On How To Block A Number On Samsung
The Contacts app is the simplest way to block a phone number on a Samsung smartphone. Launch the Contacts app, find and select the person you want to block, and then select More > Block contact > Block.
FAQs About Blocking Number
How do I block a number permanently?
If you want to permanently block your number when calling someone, add them as a contact and save their phone number with *67 at the beginning. When you call that contact again, your phone number will be automatically blocked.
What happens when a number is blocked on Samsung?
Simply put, blocking a number on your Android phone means that the caller can no longer contact you. Phone calls do not ring through to your phone; instead, they are routed to voicemail. The blocked caller, on the other hand, would only hear your phone ring once before being routed to voicemail.
Why is a blocked number still calling me?
It is normal to continue receiving voicemails from blocked contacts. Even after being blocked, blocked contacts can still leave voicemails. It is possible that you are receiving texts or phone calls from a number that is very similar to the one you are receiving. Block this number as well.