The scenery is breathtaking, and you’re on vacation in the countryside. There’s only one problem: there’s no Wi-Fi! Fortunately, you can configure your phone or tablet to operate as a mobile hotspot, allowing other devices to connect to the internet through it.
There are various features and settings that you can adjust to make your hotspot hidden or to reduce battery consumption as well.
It can literally save your life in a pinch.
Please keep in mind that the screens and settings available may differ depending on your wireless service provider, software version, and phone model.
What exactly is a mobile hotspot?
Mobile hotspot, also known as Wi-Fi tethering, is one of the most frequent methods of converting your Android phone into an internet modem or router.
It is also one of the most secure methods.
Its USB and Bluetooth counterparts are understudies because of the ease with which it performs its functions.
It is simple in its operation, and it is even simpler in its setup.
The main purpose of using a mobile hotspot is to allow you to share your cellular connection with another phone, tablet, or computer without any additional equipment.
No matter how kind you are, you’ll need to use a password to protect your mobile hotspot from others.
It’s likely that if it’s open to everyone without limitation, you’ll find yourself subscribing to numerous data plans in the span of a month because you’re a data philanthropist and want to help others.
Things to consider before using a public Wi-Fi hotspot
However, when using a mobile hotspot on your device, there are a few things you should keep in mind.
- In order to use a hotspot, you must have a tethering plan activated on your service provider’s website.
- Mobile hotspots drain battery power and make use of the data service provided by the carrier.
- While a mobile hotspot is operational, the apps on your device will take advantage of the data service provided by the mobile hotspot.
- If you are roaming while using your phone or tablet as a hotspot, you may be subject to additional data charges.
How To Turn On Mobile Hotspot
Only LTE tablets, not conventional tablets, have the ability to build hotspots.
Activate the mobile hotspot.
No, not at all! You and your companion are navigating with the help of her phone, but the GPS has stopped working due to a weak signal.
Allow her to make use of your mobile hotspot on your phone or tablet so that you can get out of that tight situation.
1. Mobile Hotspot and Tethering can be found in the Settings menu by searching for and selecting them.
2. Tick the box next to Mobile Hotspot and Tethering a second time, and then press the toggle switch next to Mobile Hotspot.
3. When you’re finished, turn off Mobile Hotspot, navigate back to this page, and then hit the switch once more to confirm.
4. Mobile Hotspot is disabled in the Settings menu
With this feature, you can now connect any suitable device to your hotspot in the same way that you would connect it to your home Wi-Fi!
Finding and Changing Mobile Hotspot Password
To prevent others from accessing your hotspot, you can conceal the device and configure further settings to prevent it from being used.
1. Mobile Hotspot and Tethering can be found in Settings by searching for it and selecting it.
2. Select Mobile Hotspot and Tethering from the drop-down menu, then select Mobile Hotspot.
3. Select More options (the three vertical dots) and then Configure Mobile Hotspot from the drop-down menu.
The following alternatives will be made available to you as of right now:
The Mobile Hotspot Configuration screen appears.
- Name of the network: You can see and edit the name of your hotspot from this page.
Hide my electronic device: Others will not be able to detect your phone or tablet if you do this.
- Security: Select the level of security for the hotspot. Your hotspot’s password can be viewed and changed from this page.
- Power saving mode: By analyzing mobile hotspot traffic, this option helps you save battery life.
- Protected management frames: This allows the hotspot to be encrypted when in the management frame.
Please keep in mind that the options available may differ depending on the provider, phone model, and software version.
Create an Automatic Wi-Fi Hotspot
1. Automatic Hotspot allows you to share your phone’s internet connection with other devices that are signed in to your Samsung account or that are members of your Samsung family group.
Mobile Hotspot and Tethering can be found in the Settings menu by searching for and selecting them.
2. Select Mobile Hotspot and Tethering from the drop-down menu, and then select Mobile Hotspot.
Turn on the Auto Hotspot feature by tapping on the switch next to it.
4. Turn on the switch next to “Family sharing” to allow members of your family to connect to your automatic hotspot if necessary.
5. After that, you’ll need to set up Wi-Fi sharing on your network. From the Mobile Hotspot Home screen, select More options (the three vertical dots) and then Wi-Fi sharing from the drop-down menu that appears. To turn it on, simply tap the switch.
6. You can now connect devices to the hotspot if everything has been set up properly.
The Quick settings panel is accessible by swiping down from the top of the screen on the device to which you want to connect it. Then press and hold the Wi-Fi icon for a few seconds.
7. The hotspot should already be identified as a Wi-Fi network as a result of Automatic Hotspot; simply tap the hotspot to connect to it.
It is not recommended that you touch the other device that is broadcasting the hotspot signal while your device is connecting because this could cause connectivity problems.
How To Know the Hotspot Password on Android
The following steps will walk you through the process of locating your mobile hotspot password in no time:
The cog icon may be found by dragging down the notification panel. The Settings are represented by the cog icon.
Under Wireless and Networks, select “More” from the drop-down menu.
“Tethering & portable hotspot” will be the option you choose from the list of possibilities that is provided.
Following the previous decision, you will select “Wi-Fi hotspot settings and user management” from the drop-down menu.
NB: You do not need to have the mobile hotspot turned on in order to find out its password.
After that, you will select “Setup Wi-Fi Hotspot.”
A pop-up window will open, displaying the SSID, Security, Password, AP Band, and a Maximum number of connected devices (if any). The text “Show Password” will appear beneath the Password option, which you should select.
The password will become displayed after you check the box. Unticking it will restore it to its previous state of being hidden.
You shouldn’t have any further difficulty locating the password for the Wi-Fi tethering capabilities of your Android phone at this point.
A Bonus Tip For Mobile Hotspot
How to Change the Password for Your Wi-Fi Hotspot on Android
- Launch the “Settings” application.
- Select “Network & Internet” from the drop-down menu.
- Select “Hotspot and tethering” from the drop-down menu.
- Select “Wi-Fi hotspot” from the drop-down menu.
- Change the “ON” switch at the top of the page to “OFF.”
- While you’re here, you may change the name of your hotspot, as well as its password and any other pertinent information connected to its advanced settings – such as automatic cutoff and the AP Band – if necessary.
How do you change the password for your iPhone’s Personal Hotspot?
- Navigate to the “Settings” application and launch it.
- Select “Personal Hotspot” from the drop-down menu.
- Select “Wi-Fi Password” from the drop-down menu.
- In order to clear the current password, click on the “X” next to the “Password” column.
- Fill in the blanks with your new Wi-Fi Hotspot password.
- Note that the new password must match certain minimum standards, like being at least 8 characters long and containing both capital and lowercase letters, digits, and even some punctuation marks, amongst other things.
- For the job to be completed, click on “Done” in the top right corner of the current menu.
Use of Wi-Fi Hotspot Passwords: What are the Best Passwords to Use?
Irrespective of the device you use to create it, your Wi-Fi Hotspot should have the following components in order to be considered optimal:
- 8 or more characters are required.
- Uppercase letters are used.
- Lowercase letters are used.
- One or more symbols are used.
“GoldFishTank225&1” is an example of a valid password that looks something like this.
Our Final Thoughts
It is my hope that you have gained some knowledge from this article:
- Activate or deactivate mobile hotspot
- View the name of the mobile hotspot network and the devices that are linked
- Configure the hotspot’s configurations
Frequently Ask Questions
Is the Samsung A51 equipped with a Wi-Fi hotspot?
Wipe up from the middle of the display to get the applications screen from the Home screen> Connections > Mobile Hotspot and Tethering> Mobile Hotspot and Tethering.
Select Mobile Hotspot from the drop-down menu.
What is the SSID of my mobile hotspot and how can I find it?
How to locate an SSID on an Android device:
- Navigate to Wi-Fi settings by selecting Settings > Wi-Fi.
- The SSID of the network to which you are connected will be shown above the word Connected.
What exactly is the Samsung Auto hotspot feature?
Auto Hotspot is a simple application that allows you to turn your Galaxy smartphone into a Wi-Fi hotspot in seconds.
Following the first configuration, the feature will allow your smartphone to automatically establish a hotspot with other Samsung devices if they are all connected to the same Samsung account or family account.