How To Unlock A Samsung Phone To Any Network? When you factory reset a Samsung phone, you will frequently be confronted with Google’s obnoxious (but secure) FRP lock.
Carriers have similar restrictions that prevent owners from inserting and using SIM cards from other carriers.
Whatever type of lock is preventing you from fully using your smartphone, this article will show you how to unlock Samsung.
How To Unlock A Samsung Phone To Any Network?
Samsung does not bind any of its devices to a specific network. To obtain an unlock code, you must first contact the original service provider or retailer.
See Other Related Articles:
HOW DO I UNLOCK MY SAMSUNG PHONE TO USE ON ANY NETWORK?
Prior to Unlocking
Before you unlock a Samsung phone, you should be aware that it is difficult to unlock a phone that has already been blacklisted (reported stolen or lost). The majority of unlocking methods will not work on a blacklisted phone. To save time and money, you should check the blacklist status before unlocking your Samsung galaxy note.
The only option is to use an IMEI checker, where you enter your IMEI number and they generate an IMEI report for you. There are numerous IMEI checkers available online, the majority of which generate reports from an out-of-date database. WipeLock IMEI Checker is our recommendation for ensuring a 100 percent accurate IMEI report. All of the checking is done by experts to ensure accuracy. It is also almost same with Galaxy s9, Samsung Galaxy s8, Samsung Galaxy s6, Samsung Galaxy s10, Samsung Galaxy s4 and Samsung Galaxy s7.
If your Samsung phone’s blacklist status is Clean, you’ll be able to unlock it quickly. There are several methods for unlocking a Samsung phone to any network, and the top three are listed below to unlock sim.
1.1 How to Get a Free Samsung Unlock Code
This is the most common route, and it is one that all of the major carriers can help their customers with. It frequently comes at a cost, but if you can afford it, paying will quickly resolve and remove a carrier lock.
The process will differ depending on the carrier; however, the basic gist of the process is as follows.
- Contact the carrier in your preferred manner and inquire about obtaining an unlock code.
- They may ask for the device’s IMEI, which can be found by dialing *#06#.
- Before proceeding, the representative will request that you make a payment for the appropriate amount.
- Your carrier will now either send you a code or immediately remove the carrier lock from their system.
- If you are given an unlock code, enter it after inserting a new SIM card from another carrier to unlock Samsung.
Some older smartphones cannot have carrier locks removed, whereas most phones nowadays can. When users search for how to unlock a Samsung phone, they usually discover that this is the quickest method.
1.2 Use DirectUnlocks to Unlock a Samsung Phone Without a Code
- DirectUnlocks offers a similar service to carriers, but at a lower cost. Owners of Samsung smartphones from all over the world can unlock them from a variety of carriers.
- Capable of unlocking any carrier’s smartphone, including the most recent models
- Each carrier is priced separately and competitively.
- Networks from various countries are supported.
- To unlock the carrier, you must provide minimal input.
- It also works for iPhones with carrier locks.
The steps involved in unlocking a Samsung phone from a carrier with DirectUnlocks are simple and do not require any special knowledge. What you must do is as follows:
- Begin by going to the DirectUnlocks website in a browser.
- Scroll down the main page until you find and select your device’s carrier.
- Before proceeding, you must obtain the device’s IMEI number. To view the IMEI, use your Samsung smartphone and dial *#06#.
- Select your smartphone model from the drop-down menu and enter the IMEI into the box provided.
- To complete the process, click “Unlock galaxy note Now” and complete the payment stage.
Within a few days, you will receive an email informing you that the process is complete and the carrier lock has been removed.
DreictUnlocks is a Samsung unlock code generator that generates SIM network unlock pins. Once you receive the code and instructions, you can use your Samsung phone without any problems.
1.3 Unlock Samsung Phone Network Lock Using dr.fone – Android SIM Unlock
This third and final method for unlocking Samsung employs a well-known piece of software, dr.fone – Android SIM Unlock.
- Removes carrier locks in an instant (no waiting around)
- Securely protects your data without causing loss
- It will not be necessary to root the device to unlock Samsung Galaxy note.
- Simple to understand and displays step-by-step instructions
There are a few extra steps you must take to unlock your Samsung phone with dr.fone. We urge users not to be discouraged because dr.fone is extremely effective in SIM unlocking situations.
- Download and run dr.fone – Android SIM Unlock on your computer.
- Start the program and connect the Samsung device with the proper USB cable.
- On the main menu, select “SIM device Unlock” and then “Next.”
- Dial *#0808#, ##3424#, or #9090# to enter the required Diagnostics Mode. Try each number until you see one of the menus displayed on dr.fone.
- Press “Unlock” and wait a few minutes for the SIM unlock to complete.
- Dr.fone must return the device to Normal Mode after successfully removing the carrier lock. Select the “Restore Mode” option.
- Dial *#0808#, ##3424#, or #9090# once more, and then click “Next” when the same menu as before appears.
Using dr.fone requires more effort than the other two methods. On the plus side, once you install and purchase a copy of dr.fone – Android SIM Unlock, you will never have to pay for another solution.
HOW TO UNLOCK SAMSUNG PHONE FROM FRP LOCK?
Perhaps a FRP lock is preventing you from fully utilizing the Samsung smartphone. Google uses this security feature to prevent malicious individuals from using stolen devices, but it also puts some second-hand buyers in awkward situations.
There are several options for removing FRP and learning how to unlock a Samsung phone:
- Use a remote unlock service that removes FRP locks for a small fee in the hands of professionals.
- Install a FRP Bypass APK from a third party (this involves a lot of technical steps and can be dangerous if the wrong APK is installed)
- To remove FRP, download and run the Google FRP Bypass tool.
Given the complexities of the process, a removal service is the best option. Learn more about how to unlock Samsung FRP lock and choose the best method for you.
HOW TO REMOVE PATTERN LOCK FROM A SAMSUNG PHONE
Finally, you may encounter a pattern lock for which you do not know the passcode. It is difficult to remove a pattern lock, and despite our best efforts, an unlock service is not available.
You could instead try:
- Sign in to Samsung’s Find My Mobile platform and unlock the device with your Samsung account password. Factory reset the device by wiping it in Recovery Mode (undesirable, will delete personal data)
- Using a powerful software solution
These are just three notable approaches to pattern lock removal; you can read full guides for each solution, as well as some others, in our Samsung pattern lock removal article.
Android users may encounter a variety of issues, and learning how to unlock Samsung comes with a number of solutions. Hopefully, one of the methods listed above will allow you to remove whatever type of lock is bothering you, whether it is a carrier lock or a FRP lock.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can a Samsung phone be unlocked to any network?
Samsung does not bind any of its devices to a specific network. To obtain an unlock code, you must first contact the original service provider or retailer. Some service providers may allow you to unlock the device for a small fee or for free, while others may refuse to unlock the device at all.
What is the Samsung network unlock code?
Enter 00000000 (eight zeros), and the message Sim lock disabled with a check mark will appear; your phone is now unlocked for use with other carriers.
Can I unlock my phone on my own?
But there’s no reason you can’t handle it on your own. Here’s what you should know. There are numerous methods for unlocking a phone. After a carrier pushes out a software update, an iPhone will automatically unlock-all you have to do is insert the new carrier’s SIM card and you’re good to go.
How do you get a phone unlocked to any network for free?
A mobile phone is a handheld wireless device that allows users to make and receive phone calls. While the first generation of mobile phones could only make and receive calls, today’s phones can accommodate web browsers, games, cameras, video players, and navigation systems.
Can I unlock my phone for free on my own?
The first and best option is to contact a carrier. If you are eligible, unlocking your phone is completely free! “Participating providers may not charge existing or former customers additional fees to unlock a device if it is eligible to be unlocked,” the FCC states.