Did you realize that there is a whole market dedicated to Android hidden applications?
It’s true what they say.
Kids all across the world are using apps to keep their parents from finding out about them.
And it’s not just about applications. Inappropriate images, obscene videos, messages, and more.
Does this sound frightening?
It is not required to be so.
If you’re wondering how to uncover hidden apps on your child’s Samsung phone, we’re here to walk you through the process.
And it’s not quite as difficult as you may assume.
You may also use this software to discover Android applications that have been hidden.
PLEASE BE AWARE OF THE FOLLOWING:
On older devices and operating systems, there was a feature called Private Mode.
The Secure Folder feature is available on smartphones running Android Nougat and higher.
It allows you to keep programs, files, and photographs secret.
More information on Secure Folders may be found here.
It is possible to use Private Mode to keep particular files, photos, and material private.
What You Should Know About the App Drawer
- Select Hide Apps from the three-dot menu that appears.
- In the Settings menu, select Apps & notifications, and then tap OK. See the complete list of applications.
- To double-check an app’s genuine identity, hit the app’s Info icon and then pick App information from the menu.
The potential risk posed by concealed applications
First and foremost, you should scan your device with an antivirus program if any of the following conditions exist:
Since it has been consuming more power than usual recently, you can be certain that hidden applications on the system cannot be uninstalled.
To perform an ordinary virus check on Android, any free version from well-known manufacturers is appropriate.
For instance, Avast Mobile Security, Kaspersky Mobile Antivirus, and Norton Security, and Antivirus are all good choices.
You can utilize them as detectors for hidden applications.
Furthermore, hidden apps may display hidden advertisements that cannot be simply turned off (we’ve described the several methods for turning off the display of advertisements on Android, but regrettably none of them will work in every situation).
How to Locate Apps that are Hidden in the App Drawer
Viewing apps on the Android home screen is a fine place to start, but it does not display all of the apps that have been installed on the device.
For a list of all applications currently installed on your device (including vault apps), access the app drawer by pressing on the icon that looks like a circle with six points in the lower-middle portion of the screen (see below).
After clicking on this button, a full list of the installed apps is displayed, which is organized alphabetically.
The majority of the apps on the Android device should be visible, but some may be concealed from view.
To make these hidden applications visible, perform the following actions.
Please keep in mind that this approach is not available by default on all Samsung devices.
The options displayed in the tray are determined by the launcher.
If you don’t see these options, try another launcher, such as Nova Prime, which has the capability of concealing apps by default.
1. From the app drawer, select the three dots in the screen’s upper-right corner to open the settings menu.
2. Select Hide apps from the drop-down menu.
3. A list of apps that have been concealed from the app list is displayed on the screen.
Nothing is hidden if this screen is blank or if the Hide applications option is not present on the screen.
How to Locate Hidden Applications in Settings
The Settings app also provides access to a comprehensive list of available apps.
1. Select Settings from the drop-down menu (the icon looks like a gear).
2. In the Settings menu, select Apps & notifications, then select See all apps. 3.
Tip: The app list also includes system files and programs that are necessary for the Android operating system to function properly.
To see these, select Show system from the three dots in the upper-right corner of the screen.
How To Find Hiden Apps in the HomeScreen
Apps that prevent icons from appearing on the home screen
There are a lot of apps that were created with the intention of protecting personal data like messages, contacts, folders with specific content, and so forth.
For instance, ZERO Communication, KeepSafe, AppLock, Hide It Pro, and other similar programs.
Despite the fact that their functionality differs, almost all of them may be used to hide specific folders or change their icons with any other, for example, an icon that is similar to the icon of a common app such as a calculator or calendar.
It is possible that the system will ask for a pin code when an app that hides a folder is attempted to be opened from the home screen, and that if the pin code is entered incorrectly, an empty folder will display on the screen.
The most advanced apps don’t require a password; instead, they simply run the program that they pretend to be, making it impossible for anyone other than the owner of the device to guess that, after you perform additional actions, the same icon can open a protected folder, which is extremely dangerous.
In the event that a phone is misplaced or if it is not protected by a pin code or a graphical key, all of these functions can be quite handy.
It is simply not possible for anyone who comes across a smartphone running such programs to access the personal information of the device’s owner, even if that person makes an attempt to do so.
What is the best way to locate hidden FILES on my Samsung smartphone?
Launch the ES File Explorer application on your Android smartphone.
Slide the cursor to the right and select the Tools option.
Go to the bottom of the page and click on the Show Hidden Files option.
If you enable it, you will be able to see any hidden files or folders on your Android device.
What is the best way to discover whether I have a hidden surveillance app on my phone?
How to Identify and Remove Spyware from Android Smartphones
Step 1: Navigate to the settings menu on your Android smartphone.
Step 2: Select “Apps” or “Applications” from the drop-down menu.
Step 3: Select the three vertical dots in the upper right corner of the screen (maybe different depending on your Android phone).
Step 4: Select “show system apps” to see all of the applications available on your smartphone.
How About If You Want To Hide Apps
What is the best way to hide an app on Samsung?
There are a variety of options for hiding apps on Android.
Method of Hiding in the Natural Environment
Devices such as Samsung, Redmi, One Plus, and Huawei offer built-in apps concealing features that are compatible with Android. Here’s how you can put them to use:
How to Hide Apps on the Samsung Galaxy S8/S9/S10?
It is possible to hide applications on a Samsung device using one of two native methods:
Using the graphical user interface
Open your Samsung phone’s App Drawer (menu) and then press on the three dots in the upper right-hand corner of your screen to conceal a specific application from view.
To access the Home Screen Settings, click on the gear icon.
The Hide Apps option is located at the bottom of the page.
By tapping on it, you will be able to select the Apps that you want to hide.
Finally, press the Apply button.
Additionally, you can press and hold the home screen for three seconds continuously to bring up the Home Screen Settings menu, which will show on the bottom right of the screen.
Using the search option, you can reveal programs that have been hidden.
They will not appear on the App drawer, and you can see them only after running a search.
Making Use of the Secure Folder
Another method of keeping your apps private is to use your Secure Folder to lock them down completely.
The following is the procedure for configuring your Secure Folder on the Samsung Galaxy A50:
- Select “Settings,” then “Biometrics and Security,” and then “Save.”
- Locate and pick the “Secure Folder” option from the drop-down menu.
- Create a Samsung account or login into an existing one to access your device.
- Select the locking technique for your Secure Folder from the drop-down menu. You can select from a variety of security options, including a password, pattern lock, PIN, and fingerprint scanner.
- An Apps and Home screen shortcut for Secure Folder will be added to your device once you’ve configured a method of protecting your folders and files.
Open the Secure Folder that you created.
In the program list, the Secure Folder icon will appear next to each of the apps, indicating that they are protected by this feature.
1. Select the apps you desire to conceal by pressing the “Add Apps” button.
2. To move the apps to your Secure Folder, select “Move” from the menu bar.
3. To access the programs in your Secure Folder, you’ll need to enter your password or any other security check that you’ve already set up on your computer.
4. If you want to take things a step further and conceal your apps within your Secure Folder, you can select to conceal the folder itself. Here’s how to go about it:
5. Select “Settings,” then “Biometrics and Security,” and then “Save.”
6. Enter the Secure Folder’s password.
Locate the option that says “Show Secure Folder.”
1. Turn off the feature if it is on.
2. A message will appear informing you that you must confirm your decision.
3. Select the “Hide” option from the drop-down menu.
4. It’s important to remember that although certain apps are in your hidden Secure Folder, you may continue to receive notifications from them.
5. If you find this to be an inconvenience, you can turn off the notifications by going to the system settings.
BONUS: How To Organized Apps
In addition to organizing your apps in a folder, you can also use this way to hide your apps without actually hiding them.
Nonetheless, it’s a wonderful method to make certain of your apps difficult to find and not readily available from your home screen without sacrificing functionality.
To organize your A50 applications into a folder, follow these steps:
1. Drag the symbol of one application over the icon of another application.
2. The two of them will be merged into a single folder when they cross paths with each other.
3. Fill in the blanks with the name of your folder.
4. Your phone will now include the folder holding the two apps that were previously mentioned.
5. If you wish to add more applications, click on the “+” icon.
6. Choose your applications and press the “Done” button.
Our Final Thoughts
You can protect your privacy by hiding your apps if you are constantly surrounded by people who cannot be trusted with your Galaxy A50 in their hands.
You have a plethora of options at your disposal.
Choose the one that appears to be the most secure, and you can continue to use your phone without worrying about its security.
When you no longer require the ability to hide your apps, your Galaxy A50 provides you with the ability to unhide them in a matter of seconds.
Frequently Ask Questions
What is the best way to locate hidden apps on an iPhone?
You can find iPhone hidden apps by going to the App Store on your device and tapping your profile picture, followed by your name.
Hidden Purchases can be found under iTunes in the Cloud. If you prefer, you can go to Account Settings and select Purchase History.
My Android is acting strangely, and I believe I may have spyware on my device. What is the best way to locate and eliminate it?
If you believe you have spyware or “hidden administrator apps” on your Android device, go to your list of device admin apps and remove them from your device.
Disable admin rights for the suspected perpetrator, and then delete the app from your device.
I believe I have a tracking app installed on my Android phone. What is the best way to be certain?
In the event that your camera or microphone indicator lights remain illuminated when you are not using them, you may be the victim of tracking software.
Navigate to Settings > Apps & Notifications > App Permissions to see which apps are making use of your microphone and camera, and which ones aren’t.
Select Camera or Microphone from the drop-down menu, and then check out which apps are using these features.