How to turn off a phone without a power button? You may believe that turning off your phone requires pressing the power button.
But what if you break it by accident or don’t have access to it?
Is it possible to turn your phone off without pressing the power button?
It turns out that you can. We’ve put together a few simple and easy-to-follow guides for both iPhone and Android phones.
HOW TO TURN OFF PHONE WITHOUT POWER BUTTON?
There are a variety of hidden methods for turning off your Android phone without using the power button or volume button. Some of these methods are complicated, but they are not difficult to implement.
Troubleshooting: Issues on turning off a phone without a power button
|The power button is broken or malfunctioning.
|If the power button is broken or malfunctioning, you can still turn off your phone by using a third-party app or by following the instructions below.
|The phone is frozen or unresponsive.
|If the phone is frozen or unresponsive, you may need to force it to restart. This will turn off the phone and then turn it back on again.
|You want to turn off the phone without draining the battery.
|If you want to turn off the phone without draining the battery, you can put the phone into airplane mode. This will disable all wireless connections and will help to conserve battery life.
|You want to turn off the phone without losing any data.
|If you want to turn off the phone without losing any data, you can back up your phone before you turn it off. This will create a copy of your data that you can restore if something goes wrong.
|You want to turn off the phone without having to use your hands.
|If you want to turn off the phone without having to use your hands, you can use a voice command. This is only possible if your phone has a voice assistant feature.
See Other Related Articles:
How To Connect Samsung Phone To Tablet? (13 Easy Steps!)
Screen Mirroring iPhone to Samsung TV Without Wifi (2 Simple Methods)
1. Turn Off Your Phone in Settings
From your settings, you can do a lot, including turn off your phone. Depending on the brand, Android phones can have a variety of settings. However, every phone has this basic setting.
- Navigate to the Settings menu.
- Look for the Power Off button and click it.
- This option may have a different name. If that doesn’t work, try looking for Switch Off, Shut Down, or Turn Off.
- You can now see all of your important settings.
- Scroll down to the bottom and select the Power Off option.
You can turn off the phone this way, but you can’t turn it back on without using the power button to restart android.
2. Turn Off Phone With Scheduled Power Off button
You can use the Scheduled Power Off feature to turn it off and on.
- Navigate to the Settings menu.
- In the search bar, look for the Scheduled Power Off option.
- Make time to turn off your phone.
You can program when you want your phone to turn off, and it will do so.
3. From the Assistant Menu, select Phone Off.
The Accessibility feature is already present on almost all Android phones. It is a tiny floating box that allows you to perform multiple actions with a single tap. It’s similar to the iPhone’s Assistive Touch. You can easily turn off your phone once you enable this feature.
- Navigate to the Settings menu.
- In the search bar, type Accessibility. The Interaction and Dexterity option on Samsung phones allows you to enable the Assistant menu. On other phones, such as Xiaomi, Vivo, and Oppo, you can search for Accessibility and enable the Accessibility Menu shortcut directly.
- After you’ve enabled the floating box, tap it to reveal the power button. It’s worth noting that some phones may require you to enable a navigation bar in order to access Accessibility. So, if you’re having issues, checking the navigation bar may be of assistance of text message.
4. Turn Off Phone Using Third-Party Apps
A third-party app can also be useful as an easier alternative. Power Menu is one such easy-to-use app.
- Install and launch Power Menu from the Play Store.
- Choose the option Take me to the Settings screen.
- Give the app Accessibility permission.
- Return to the app and select Open Power Menu.
- You can now select the Power off option.
Note: If your phone’s battery is running low, you may not need to take any action because it will shut down automatically. Simply plug your phone back into its power adapter to restart it.
HOW TO TURN OFF AN IPHONE WITHOUT POWER BUTTON?
The solutions for iPhones are similar to those for Android phones. Siri, settings, and Assistive touch can all be used to turn off your phone. Let’s go over them in more detail.
Turn Off iPhone Using Siri or Google Assistant
You can simply tell Siri to turn off your phone with your voice. Siri, however, can only lock your screen and not enable Shut Down. Still, if you’re cooking or doing something else and can’t reach to restart android phone, this feature comes in handy.
Google Assistant, on the other hand, cannot lock or power off your phone. However, Google may add this feature in the future.
Turn Off iPhone From Settings
- Simply navigate to Settings, then General.
- Scroll up to the bottom of the page to find the Shut Down button.
- Tap it, then slide the power off button to the right.
Turn Off Your iPhone Using Assistive Touch
If you haven’t already enabled Assistive Touch, you can do so in your settings.
- Navigate to Accessibility.
- Choose Touch and then Assistive Touch.
- To enable Assistive Touch, slide the toggle.
- Select Device by tapping the Assistive Touch circle on your gravity screen.
- Select Lock Screen.
- This icon will not force your iPhone to restart. However, if you want to restart your phone, tap More and then Restart.
HOW DO I MY PHONE BACK ON?
You’ve turned off your iPhone without a power button by using one of the methods listed above. But how do you reactivate it?
Because the buttons aren’t working, we can only rely on one thing: charging your phone. Simply let your battery run down. When the battery is completely depleted, plug the cable into your phone, and an Apple logo should appear.
It’s important to remember that these solutions are inconvenient for everyday use. As a result, we recommend that you repair your power button as soon as possible to avoid further damage.
OTHER WAYS TO TURN OFF PHONE WITHOUT POWER BUTTON
1. ADB Command to Turn Off Phone
I won’t say it’s the most convenient way to turn off Android devices when the power button or screen is broken. However, using ADB commands, it is possible to turn off and reboot an Android phone or tablet into Safe Mode, System Mode, Bootloader Mode, or Recovery Mode without using the Power and Volume keys in quick settings.
A laptop or PC is required to run ADB commands on your Android device. Also, USB debugging must be enabled on your device. Anyway, let’s see how to turn off an Android phone without using the Power or Volume buttons.
- Install the most recent Android SDK Platform-tools for Windows, or configure ADB and Fastboot on macOS.
- If you haven’t already, enable USB debugging on your Android device. If your phone’s touch screen isn’t working, you might not be able to do this.
- Start either the Windows Command Prompt or the Mac Terminal.
- Connect your device to your computer using a USB cable that is compatible with it.
- To ensure that your phone and computer are properly connected, use the following command.
- To turn off your Android phone, use the ADB command below. The letter ‘p’ stands for ‘power off.’
- Without pressing the Power button, your Android device will turn off.
- If you simply want to restart your phone without pressing the power button, use the following command.
When your phone’s touch isn’t working, you can use the ADB method to turn it off.
2. ADB Command to Power Off Android via Power Menu
In some difficult situations, ADB commands can be extremely useful. ADB Shell commands can be used to access the Power menu on your Android phone or tablet. Simply open a command window, connect your phone to the computer, and run the following command:
This will bring up the Android Power menu, from which you can choose between Power Off and Reboot.
3. Power Off Android via Accessibility Menu
To assist physically and visually impaired people, all Android devices include a set of Accessibility settings. Talkback and Accessibility or Assistant Menu are two key features of Android’s Accessibility.
By enabling this menu, you can add an Accessibility shortcut to your Android phone or tablet’s navigation bar or get a floating menu icon. By tapping the Accessibility Menu icon, you can access quick shortcuts to Google Assistant, Recents, Power Menu, Screenshots, and other features.
Let’s look at how to turn off an Android phone or tablet without using the Power button by using the Accessibility Menu.
- On your Android device, go to Settings and then Accessibility. Accessibility is found under Additional settings on Chinese OEM devices such as Xiaomi, Vivo, Oppo, OnePlus, Realme, Huawei, and others.
- Select Interaction and dexterity and tap on the toggle icon in front of the Assistant menu if you own a Samsung Galaxy phone or Tab. As shown below, a floating icon for the Assistant menu will appear on the screen. If you find that floating icon bothersome, you can change its size, appearance, location, and so on by selecting the Assistant menu option.
- To access the Power off menu, simply tap on the floating Assistant menu icon. You can now turn your Samsung Galaxy device off without pressing the Power button.
- If you own a Xiaomi, Redmi, Vivo, Oppo, OnePlus, Realme, or Huawei phone, you must enable the Accessibility menu from Settings. The Accessibility menu icon will appear on the navigation bar as soon as you enable it. Simply tap it to gain access to the option to turn off your phone without using the Power button.
4. Apps to Turn Off an Android Phone
There are apps for everything on the Google Play Store. There are hundreds of apps available that can power off and reboot a phone with a broken Power button. All of these apps, like the Accessibility menu shown above, require either Accessibility permission or root privilege.
I tested some of the most highly rated and popular apps that allow you to turn off and reboot Android devices without having to press the Power button. I’ll list the ones that are worth a shot down below.
CONCLUSION About Turning Off Phone
We hope you now understand how to restart or power on your Android phone without using the power button. In any case, if the switch is permanently damaged, we recommend visiting an authorized service center-button repairs are usually inexpensive.
What method are you employing, by the way? Please let me know in the comments section below. Please contact us if you have any questions or concerns. Stay tuned for more articles like this.
FAQS About Phone
How to Turn Off a Phone Without the Power Button?
- How to Turn Off an Android Phone Without the Power Button
- Access Settings.
- Look find the Power Off button, then click it. This choice may have a different name.
- Now you can see all of your default settings.
- Click the Power Off button at the bottom of the page.
What should I do if the power button on my phone is broken?
Connect your phone to your PC using a USB cord while holding down the volume down key. Up until you get a boot menu, keep holding down the volume button. Using the volume keys, select “Start,” and your phone will turn on.
I don’t have a power button on my Samsung phone; how can I turn it off?
Press and hold the Side and Volume Down keys together for a few seconds to completely turn off your phone using the keyboard.