How to Hide Apps on Samsung Phone? Are you frustrated because your home screen is bombarded with different apps?
Well, you’ve found the perfect place to secure a folder of secrets!
If you wish to reduce the number of programs in your Apps Tray and Home screen on your Samsung phone but are unable to remove pre-installed apps, you can disable or force-stop the app and hide it.
Confused because you’re not a techy person? We find ways to every problem!
You can learn to hide and re-add apps to your Apps Tray by following the steps below.
Troubleshooting: Issues on hiding apps on Samsung
|Can’t find the “Hide apps” option||The “Hide apps” option may be hidden in your settings. To find it, open the Settings app and search for “Hide apps.”|
|Can’t hide system apps||Some system apps cannot be hidden. These apps are essential for the operation of your phone and cannot be removed or disabled.|
|Hidden apps still show up in the search bar||To prevent hidden apps from showing up in the search bar, open the Settings app and go to “Search.” Under “Privacy,” uncheck the box next to “Show hidden apps.”|
|Hidden apps still show up in the app drawer||To prevent hidden apps from showing up in the app drawer, open the Settings app and go to “Home screen.” Under “Hide apps,” uncheck the box next to the apps you want to hide.|
|Can’t remember which apps I hid||If you forget which apps you hid, you can view them by going to the Settings app and searching for “Hide apps.”|
Try this quick method.
How to hide apps in Samsung?
On a Samsung phone, it is simple to hide APPS. Open the application drawer, click the icon with three vertical dots in the upper-right corner, and select Settings. The following step is to locate and select the Hide apps option, then a list of apps will appear. Choose the apps you wish to conceal, then press Done to complete the process.
- Pull out the app drawer.
- Tap the menu icon with three dots.
- Select the Configuration option.
- Find and press the option to Hide applications.
- Select the apps that you wish to conceal.
- Select the Done button.
Galaxy Smartphone Hiding Apps Overview
Most Galaxy smartphone users are aware that they can disable or uninstall apps from their phones if they no longer wish to use or view those apps.
But what if you don’t want to delete the app data and instead want to have hidden apps and be able to use them whenever you want?
What options do you have?
Try to keep job applications out of the hands of interested family members or friends, or dating apps out of the hands of curious family members or friends, for example.
Even if this is the case, you’ll be comforted knowing that concealing applications stop them from appearing in your normal scrolling while still allowing you to search for them in your app drawer.
Samsung hide apps
This article will tackle the following:
- Most Android phones can hide apps from their home screens and app drawers, forcing you to locate them manually if you wish to use them.
- Hiding apps on your galaxy smartphone can be used to prevent friends, family, and children from accessing them, among other things.
- If you don’t have a phone that supports hidden apps, you can install a third-party app launcher that does enable app concealment.
Note: Hiding apps will not give you complete data privacy because they will still be searchable, so it is essential to keep that in mind.
Instructions On How To Conceal Apps on a Samsung Galaxy Phone
There are various reasons why you would want to keep programs, photographs, and other information on your Android device hidden from others.
Perhaps you have some images on your phone that you would prefer your mother not to see if she were to borrow your phone for a short period of time.
Perhaps you have some confidential documents that contain sensitive personal information about yourself.
Perhaps you have apps on your phone that aren’t child-friendly enough for you to feel comfortable handing your phone over to your nephew so he can play Angry Birds with his friends.
It doesn’t matter your motivation for hiding material on your phone; numerous ways are available.
Among the options we’ll look at are those that can be used on any Android phone and those that are exclusive to Samsung, OnePlus, and other popular handsets.
6 Steps to Hide apps on my Samsung Galaxy
1. Open the Apps menu on your Galaxy Smartphone. Locate and tap on theyour home screen to enter the Apps menu on your device.
2. The next thing to do is select the button like in the picture. This button may be in the top-right corner of your Apps menu, next to the magnifying glass. It will cause a pop-up menu to appear.
3. Press the “Settings. This will open your Home Screen Settings menu on a new page.
4. Proceed to Hidden apps. This will bring up a list of all the currently available apps in your Apps menu.
5. Select the app that you want to keep hidden. In this case, the app will be selected and have a blue checkmark in the list.
- You can select numerous apps to hide them all simultaneously from this menu.
6. Lastly, press the “Apply Button”. In the upper-right corner of your screen, you’ll see a button that says “Save.” Using this method, all of the selected apps will be hidden and removed from your Apps menu.
- This does not result in any of your applications being uninstalled. All of your hidden applications are still accessible and usable.
How can I bring back the apps that were previously hidden on the application screen?
It’s just as simple to return your Samsung mobile apps to their original location in the application drawer.
All you have to do is follow the steps outlined above, and you will be able to access all of the apps that are now hidden from view in the apps menu.
Uncheck the boxes next to the apps that you concealed.
The app shortcuts will need to be manually re-added to your home screen if you also desire to do so.
What are the Samsung Phones that have the Capability to do the Hide apps Feature?
Keep in mind that Samsung initially debuted this function with the Galaxy 8, and it has since been made available on the Galaxy S8+ and other recent models.
Apps not supported by this functionality can be hidden on Samsung devices.
Suppose you have a Samsung smartphone that does not support this feature. In that case, you may always turn to third-party apps that provide you with the same functionality as the app drawer while also providing you with an additional layer of protection.
Speaking of security, most of the latest Samsung smartphones now include the Secure Folder function, which allows you to entirely encrypt mobile programs and keep them safe from prying eyes.
How to hide app on Samsung?
However, hiding applications is a far more practical alternative to a secure folder with important files and if you only need to hide apps or games for a limited period of time.
Using Third-Party App for Smartphones that are not supported by this Feature
Many Android launchers allow you to swiftly and easily hide apps with only a few taps.
Nova Launcher is the one we recommend using because it has a lot of features and is really fast.
The only disadvantage is that you will need to upgrade to the Prime edition of the application to accomplish the work, as the free version does not allow you to hide apps.
It’s worth paying a modest amount to get the app, which can be found here if you enjoy customizing and prefer a stock-like experience on your smartphone.
Set Nova Launcher Prime as your phone’s default launcher after downloading it from the Play Store.
Once that’s done, open the Nova Settings app from the app drawer.
Then go to App drawer > Hide apps and select the apps you wish to hide by checking the box next to them. That concludes our discussion.
Don’t be concerned; you can still access and utilize the apps even if they are hidden.
Simply open the app drawer, put the program’s name into the search box at the top of the screen, and then tap the icon to launch it when it displays.7 Steps to Hide Apps Using Nova Launcher
- Nova Launcher Prime is a free download.
- Select it from the navigation bar to make it your default launcher.
- Start the Nova Settings program.
- In the app drawer, you can hide apps.
- Check the boxes next to the apps you’d like to keep hidden.
- To use the app, type its name into the search box to find it in the app drawer.
Bonus: How to Hide Apps Using other Android Phones
On an LG phone, how do you hide apps?
1. Long-tap anywhere on your home screen that isn’t occupied.
2. Tap the button for home screen settings in the bottom right corner.
3. On that menu, scroll down and select “Hide apps.”
4. Select any apps you want to hide from the pop-up menu, then touch “Apply.”
What is the best way to hide apps on a phone running MIUI? (Redmi phones from Xiaomi)
1. Open the Security application on your computer.
2. Select the App Lock symbol from the drop-down menu.
3. Select the apps that you want to keep hidden.
The following steps will show you how to hide apps on a OnePlus phone:
1. Open the app drawer.
2. To access the Hidden Space, swipe from left to right on the screen.
3. Click on the plus sign (+) in the upper right corner of the screen.
4. Choose the apps that you want to keep hidden. Return to this location whenever you need to access them.
What is the best way to conceal apps on a Huawei phone?
Currently, this method is only relevant to apps that have not yet been downloaded from the internet.
Using this method to hide an app you already have installed will need you first uninstall it and then reinstall it on your phone or tablet.
1. To begin, open the Settings app.
2. From the drop-down option, choose Privacy & Security.
3. From the drop-down menu, choose private space.
4. To get started with private space, simply follow the on-screen instructions.
5. Make a backup of any applications you want to keep private.
My Final Thoughts: How to Hide Apps on Phone
Our smartphones are the most precious things for us.
And, it is also full of precious things that we value.
That’s why there are moments that we don’t want to share with other people.
Well, thanks to this awesome hidden app feature!
FAQs about hiding Apps on my Samsung
|How do I hide apps on my Samsung phone?||To hide apps on your Samsung phone, follow these steps:|
Open the Settings app.
Tap on “Home screen.”
Scroll down and tap on “Hide apps.”
Select the apps you want to hide.
Tap on “Done.”
On my Samsung phone, how can I conceal apps?
- Activate the app drawer.
- In the top-right corner, tap the icon (three vertical dots).
- Choose “Home Screen Settings” from the drop-down menu.
- Locate and select the “Hide app” option.
- Choose which apps you’d like to hide.
- Select the “Apply” option.
How can I make hidden apps visible on my Samsung Galaxy A20?
- Open your Samsung Galaxy A20’s “parameters” menu.
- Select » Applications » from the submenu.
- Look through your Samsung Galaxy A20’s app list for the hidden app you want to show.
- Select the application that piques your attention.
What is the best way to hide apps on my Samsung Galaxy S10?
- To access the app drawer on your Galaxy S10’s home screen, swipe down from the top of the screen.
- In the Finder search box at the top right of the screen, select “Home screen settings” from the three vertical dots at the top of the screen.
- On the Home screen settings page, scroll down to “Hide apps” and select it.