Is your Samsung S20 having problems?
Do you wonder how do I restart my Samsung s20?
It can be frustrating when your beloved smartphone is not working properly.
Don’t worry and don’t panic you got a quick fix for yourself.
How do I restart my Samsung Galaxy S20?
Here is a quick fix to Restart Device for Samsung Galaxy S20 or S20 Plus .
- Hold down the side button (right edge) and. Press and hold the volume down button (right edge) until the ‘Power off’ prompt displays, then release.
- Tap. Restart.
- Tap to confirm. Restart your device. If your device does not power back on, partially charge it before retrying.
If this quick solution did not resolve your issue read on for other methods in this article.
Here is another method to try
Restarting Samsung Galaxy S20+ 5G / Galaxy S20 Ultra 5G
Here is how to Restart the Samsung Galaxy S20+ 5G and Galaxy S20 Ultra 5G devices
- Keep pressing and holding the. and a side button (on the right edge). Press and hold the volume down button (located on the right edge) until the ‘Power off’ prompt appears, then release.
- Tap. Restart
- To confirm, press the button. Restart . If your device won’t power back on, try charging it partially first and then retrying it.
See Other Related Articles:
- How To Fix Samsung Galaxy s6 Edge Screen? (Answered)
- Samsung Galaxy s7 vs Lg g6 Review [The Ultimate Comparison]
- 10 Best Samsung Galaxy s21 Ultra Case (5G Silicone)
How to Restart the Samsung Galaxy S20 Smartphones
Whether you’re using a phone or other internet-connected devices, the restart setting allows you to turn the power on or off of your device in a single motion. It enables you to refresh your device, which is particularly useful after downloading a number of different applications or updates.
Because of the size of the apps being downloaded, many apps will automatically restart your device or phone in order to begin a new download. You can, however, perform this action manually on the phone’s body as well.
Using both the power button and the volume button simultaneously, restart your Samsung Galaxy S20 by holding them down for several seconds. After that, your phone will restart, first powering off and then powering back on.
As an alternative, you can quickly press the power button on the side of your phone, and then press the green restart option that will appear on the screen of your phone, which will restart your phone.
Restart by Pressing the Side and Volume Keys together
The quickest and most convenient way to access the Power Menu on your Samsung Galaxy S20 is to press and hold the Side and Volume Down buttons at the same time for a couple of seconds.
1. When the Power Menu appears, select “Power Off” or “Restart” from the drop-down menu.
Alternatively, you can turn off your Galaxy S20 by pressing and holding the Side button for several seconds until the Samsung logo appears on the screen. Within a minute, your handset will be fully operational.
2. Change the behavior of the Side Button when it is held down for a long period of time.
3. The Galaxy S20’s Side button does not launch the Power Menu, as previously stated. Instead, pressing and holding the Side button launches Bixby out of the box. By selecting Settings > Advanced Feature > Side Key from the main menu, you can modify the behavior of the Side Key.
Once you have entered the Side Key menu, select the “Power Off Menu” option from the drop-down menu.
When you hold down the Side button for a long period of time, you’ll be given the option to “Power Off” or “Restart” your handset.
2. Using Bixby
Although you may not find Samsung’s built-in voice assistant, Bixby, to be particularly useful, you can use it to shut down and restart your Galaxy S20 if you so choose.
Begin by launching the Bixby virtual assistant. Hold down the Side button for a second or two until the Bixby icon appears at the top of your screen, if you haven’t already done so remap the long-press action of the button to something else. Instead, you can swipe up from your home screen to open the app drawer and then select the “Bixby” app to start it up.
Having successfully activated the Bixby voice assistant, you can now ask it to power off or restart your handset by saying “Turn Off My Phone” or “Restart My Handset.” If you haven’t already, you can do so by tapping the Bixby icon in the bottom-left corner of your screen after you’ve launched the app.
Bixby will ask you if you want to turn off or restart your Galaxy S20 before proceeding. In order to voice your response, either tap on the corresponding button or press the Bixby button a second time.
Your smartphone will now either shut down or restart itself. To turn it back on, hold down the Side button until the Samsung logo appears on the screen.
The Galaxy S20, S20+, S20 Ultra, and Z Flip have all been factory reset. What exactly is a factory reset and how do I perform a factory reset?
A factory reset, also known as a hard reset or a master reset, is a troubleshooting method for mobile phones that is effective and should only be used as a last resort. It will reset your phone to its factory default settings, wiping out all of your data in the process of doing so.
As a result, it’s critical to make a backup of your data before performing a factory reset on your device.
To perform a factory reset on a Galaxy S20, S20+, S20 Ultra, or Z Flip, navigate to Settings > General Management > Reset > Factory data reset from the home screen or from the menu bar. Then select Reset and Delete All from the drop-down menu.
You can also perform a factory reset by pressing the hardware keys on your keyboard. Start by powering down your phone, then pressing and holding the Power/Bixby key and the Volume Up key for a few seconds, then pressing and holding the Power key.
When the Android mascot appears, press and hold the keys for a few seconds. As soon as the Android system recovery menu appears, press the Power/Bixby key to select “Wipe Data/Factory Reset” and then press the Volume Down key to confirm your selection.
To continue, select Yes and follow the on-screen instructions. When the factory reset is complete, select “Reboot System Now” from the drop-down menu.
The Galaxy S21 or S22 Can Be Turned Off With Software
In the first instance, here’s how to turn off or restart your Samsung Galaxy S22 or S21 smartphone:
- Swipe down the quick settings pane after you have signed in.
- You’ll notice a power icon on your screen. When you click on that icon, you’ll be presented with the option to power off or restart the computer on the next screen that loads.
- As you can see, it’s straightforward once you know where to look. However, that is only a software option; there is also a hardware option available.
The Galaxy S21 or S22 can be turned off by pressing the power button.
Simply press and hold the power/standby button and the volume down button together for a short period of time – but not too long, as this will result in a screenshot – and you’ll be taken to the same power-off options screen as before.
After a software crash, restarting S21 or S22 is necessary.
If your phone has crashed or become unresponsive, you can use the same hardware solution as described above to restore functionality. Hold down the power/standby and volume down buttons for a total of ten seconds to complete the task.
Your phone should reboot without the need for you to select any software buttons (which would be impossible due to the crash). You should feel a small buzz after the reboot.
The Power button on the S21 or S22 should be Reprogrammed
Samsung’s digital assistant Bixby is activated by default when you press and hold the side button on your Galaxy S22 or S21 device. This allows you to converse with Samsung’s digital assistant.
If you don’t want to do that, or if you want to restore the power options that were available on older Samsung devices, you can do so by following these steps:
- To get to the power screen, follow the steps outlined above.
- Select ‘Side key settings’ from the drop-down menu at the bottom of the page.
- Choose what you want the button to do from the drop-down menu.
- You can choose from a variety of options for pressing and holding the button (which is the traditional method of turning off your device), as well as a double-press option.
- The camera app is launched with a double press, but you can change this to launch any other app you want instead if you prefer.
- If you’ve recently acquired a Samsung Galaxy S22 device, we’ve compiled a comprehensive list of tips and tricks to help you get the most out of your device. Read on to learn more.
Our Final Thoughts on Restarting My Samsung s20
If you’ve only recently acquired your Samsung S20, you may be unsure of how everything works – especially if you’re making the switch from an Apple to an Android device. Having a basic understanding of how to restart and turn off this phone is critical, and it is something that every phone owner should be familiar with.
When you are familiar with and proficient in the use of all of the features that your phone has to offer, you will notice some significant advantages in the phone itself. Restarting your phone can help it to retain memory, prevent crashes, and run more efficiently if you know how to do so. It can even help you save or extend the life of your battery.
FAQs on Samsung S20 Restart issues
What is the location of the power button on the Samsung S20?
Even though your Galaxy S20 lacks a dedicated power button, you can still turn it on by pressing and holding the side button (also known as the Bixby button) for a few seconds. By pressing the button once more, you can also bring the screen back up to date.
What is the best way to restart my Samsung?
To restart the device, press and hold the Power key and the Volume down key together for more than 7 seconds to force it to restart.
What is the best way to turn off my Samsung Galaxy S20 without using Bixby?
The full Quick settings panel can be accessed by swiping downward from the top of the screen with two fingers. Tap the Power icon in the upper right corner of the screen (next to the Settings icon) and then tap Power off to turn off the device. To confirm, press the Power off button a second time.