How to Block Text Messages on Samsung? The ability to block text messages is a highly helpful feature.
It can be a way for you in ignoring your bastard ex-boyfriend, an undesirable bitch friend, or a random harasser, among other things.
You can also use it to get yourself out of tedious group SMS conversations.
Troubleshooting: Issues on how to block text messages
|You don’t know the number of the person who is sending you unwanted text messages.||You can use the built-in spam filter on your Samsung phone to block text messages from unknown numbers.|
|The person who is sending you unwanted text messages is using a different number each time.||You can create a contact for the person and then block that contact.|
|You want to block all text messages from a particular app.||You can go to the app’s settings and disable notifications.|
|You want to block all text messages from a particular country or region.||You can use a third-party app to block text messages from specific countries or regions.|
|You want to block all text messages from everyone.||You can put your phone into silent mode or airplane mode.|
Here is a quick solution to try.
How to block text messages on Samsung?
- Step 1: Launch the Messages app and choose the conversation to ban.
- Step 2: If the number is not saved as a contact, tap the number at the top of the screen and then tap Block number.
- Step 3: In the dialog box that appears, you can tap to remove all chats with this number, if desired, and then tap Block.
We hope this resolves your problem. If not, read on for more help methods.
Also useful is the fact that it helps keep your inbox clear of promotional emails and other undesirable garbage.
How to block text messages on android Samsung?
Whether you’re using iOS or Android, the process is typically less time-consuming and painless than you thought.
Blocking annoying text messages and even phone calls is a straightforward technique that can be performed on any type of phone, and we’ll teach you just how to do it.
Reminder: Please keep in mind that the screens and settings available may differ depending on your wireless service provider, software version, and phone model.
These instructions are for Galaxy phones that are running at least Android 9.0 (Pie) or later on their operating system.
6 Easy Ways to Block Text Message in your Samsung Galaxy
Method 1: Blocking Text Messages Via Settings
Your Samsung Galaxy default Android messaging app includes a spam filter that is both effective and convenient for blocking text messages.
There is no disputing that this is the quickest and most straightforward method of blocking text messages on the Galaxy S6 and other Samsung smartphones.
Let’s take a look at how to block text messages on the Samsung Galaxy S5, S6, S7, S8, S9, S10, and S20.
How to block texts on Samsung?
1. Open up the text messages Samsung inbox on your Samsung phone and look for the receive text messages from an undesired number that you intend to ban before proceeding.
2. Click on the Menu icon (three dots) to open the menu in the upper right corner.
3. Select Block number or tap Block contact from the drop-down menu. To complete the process, click “OK.”
You may quickly and simply block numbers and text messages on the Galaxy S6 and other Samsung smartphones in this manner.
Tip: If your ex or other undesired person continues to spam your inbox by changing their phone numbers, simply switch your SIM card! We’ve all been there and done that!
Method 2: Preventing Spam Text Messages Using the Samsung Settings
What is the best way to block unwanted texts on a Samsung device?
Receiving spam text messages is quite inconvenient.
You can simply stop spam and block unwanted texts on Samsung phones by following the instructions below.
1. Open the Messages app and select the message you want to stop from being delivered.
2. Select the Block number and then click OK.
3. The terms or phrases that are mentioned in the message, such as HMRCUK in the message below, may be used to identify the block number screen if you do not see it.
4. To return to the previous screen, press the back arrow symbol. In the top right corner, hit the Menu symbol (three dots), which will bring up the Settings menu.
5. Select or tap Block messages > Block phrases from the drop-down menu. Paste the keywords or phrases into the text box and press the plus sign.
You will not receive any emails containing these terms or phrases as a result of doing so.
Method 3: Adding to Auto-Reject List
You may quickly blacklist phone numbers so that they will have no way of contacting you while they are on the list, which is a simple process.
Simply navigate to Settings > Call Settings > Call Rejection > Add or remove the phone numbers you want to block from the list.
Just a piece of cake for you!
Method 4: How to Block Text Messages Phone Via Google Hangouts
What is the best way to block unwanted texts on Samsung Galaxy?
Following these instructions will allow you to block the individual’s spam text messages on Google Hangouts if you chose to do so.
1. To begin a Google Hangout, open the Google Hangouts app on your Samsung phone.
2. Open the SMS or discussion thread of the “contact” that you wish to block and copy the contents.
3. To access the menu, click on the three-dot menu icon in the upper right corner of your screen.
4. Select “People & Options” from the drop-down menu, and then on the following screen, select and block User Name>.
Method 5: Block Unwanted Texts Via a Third-Party App
1. How to block messages on Samsung
There are a variety of programs available to assist you in blocking text messages on Samsung smartphones.
For the sake of this tutorial, we’ll show you how to use the Calls Blacklist mobile application.
Step 1: Download the Desired app on Google Play
Step 2: Insert Numeric Values
Nothing is more complicated than opening the program, clicking on the “+” icon, and entering the number from which you do not wish to receive text messages.
2. Using the App Key Messages
In terms of text blockers, Key Messages is one of the better options available.
It can automatically detect promotional and spam messages and block them.
Name, number, content keyword, and wildcard rules can all be used to restrict SMS messages from being sent.
Additionally, it is the only text filtering program for Android that includes the disabling of MMS features.
3. Using the Application Call Blocker
Call Blocker is also available as an Android application that blocks calls and texts.
It has the ability to automatically recognize spam and promotional messages and prohibit them from reaching the recipient.
It differs from other comparable apps in that it maintains a log of banned text messages and phone calls.
The Advantage and Disadvantages of Using Third-Party App
In addition to using the blocking options on your phone, you might install an app that prevents text messages from being sent.
One or more of these apps may include complex organizational features.
For example, allow you to organize promotional texts into folders.
Additionally, you can develop complicated blacklists and whitelists of phrase blocking keywords to use in your search engine optimization.
On the other hand, not all message organization apps are free.
Some of them require a WiFi connection in order to function properly.
So, before you start down this path, it’s a good idea to experiment with the stock blocking settings on your phone.
Method 6: Block Text Messages and Block Number Via Your Service Provider
With the assistance of your service provider, you will be able to navigate to the official website of your carrier and search for a page that explains how to block text messages.
1. The Provider Verizon
You can do this through your personal computer by visiting their website, selecting the Blocks page, and entering the phone numbers from which you do not wish to receive text messages.
Alternatively, you can utilize the Verizon App:
- You must first enter the menu, select Devices, and then Manage.
- Select Call & Message Blocking from the drop-down menu and
- Enter the phone numbers you wish to block.
2. Instructions for Disabling Text Messages on Android AT&T
- Start by opening the AT&T app and entering your phone number.
- Continue by pressing the Continue button and entering the 6-digit pin that you were given.
- Verify that you understand and agree to the Terms and Conditions by tapping Accept.
- On the next page that appears, you can make changes to the numbers in your block list.
3. Through Sprint Provider
There are two choices for blocking numbers as well as block messages, just as there are with Verizon.
1. Go to Preferences and then click on Limitations and Permissions from your desktop, where you will be required to check in to your account first.
2. By selecting Block Voice, you can simply enter the phone numbers that are troubling you.
3. Alternatively, you might utilize the Sprint App, in which case you would click to Settings and then select Call+SMS Filter.
4. Select Block Calls from the drop-down menu and enters the phone number you don’t wish to receive notifications from.
If you are unable to locate the page for blocking numbers on your Samsung Galaxy Smartphone, contact your carrier for assistance, and they will then block a number for you.
Keep in mind that certain carriers charge for this service, so be prepared to pay the associated fees before requesting that text messages be blocked.
How To Report Spam Messages on IOS User
Spam iMessages should be reported.
An additional action you can do is to report spam and trash iMessages.
When you receive an iMessage from someone you do not know, you will see a link that says “Report Junk.”
Click on that link to report the message as spam.
Apple will receive the information and message from the sender if they click on the link.
This should be handled by corporate personnel who should ultimately prevent the individual or bot from contacting you in the future.
You can also send an email to “firstname.lastname@example.org” if you want to contact Apple.
Keep in mind that you’ll need a screenshot of the message, the email address or phone number that delivered the iMessage, and the date and time that you got it to prove your claim.
SMS and MMS communications are not handled by Apple, however, you can always report them to your mobile service provider.
For example, AT&T recommends sending the spam message to the number 7726. (SPAM).
Following that, the carrier will look into the message further.
Other Ways to Block Text on Samsung
How to block sms without number in Samsung
- Tap the Messages icon from the Home screen.
- Select Menu > Settings > Block numbers and messages > Block numbers.
- Tap the minus sign to the right of the number you wish to delete.
- When you’re finished, press the back arrow.
How to Block Text Messages on Galaxy S9?
- Select the Messages app from the home screen.
- Choose the Menu icon, then Settings.
- Block numbers and messages can be chosen.
- Select Block numbers to block certain numbers.
- Enter the chosen phone number and then press the Add button.
How to block text messages on a51?
- Select the Messages app from the home screen. Choose the appropriate message thread.
- Choose the Drop-down icon, then the Info icon.
- Choose More, then Block contact. To confirm, select Block.
Bonus Suggestions: Recover Blocked or Deleted Messages on Samsung without Rooting the Smartphone
In general, you can navigate to Call & Text Blocking > History > Text Blocked History and choose the blocked message to be restored to your inbox by selecting Restore to Inbox from the drop-down menu.
However, if you are unable to locate the blocked messages, the only option open is to seek assistance from a secure and professional Android data recovery program such as Tenorshare UltData for Android.
It can simply recover your Samsung texts that have been blocked or erased without the need to root the device.
1. UltData for Android can be downloaded and installed. Open the tool and select Recover Lost Data from the drop-down menu.
2. Connect your Android phone to your computer by connecting it with a USB cord (not included). Enable USB debugging on your phone according to the instructions displayed on the screen.
3. Select Messages from the drop-down menu on your screen and then click Start to begin scanning for messages.
4. Select the messages you want to recover and then click Recover to have them returned to you.
Our Final Thoughts on Block Text Messages on Samsung
Gaining our peace of mind is our goal.
There are instances when receiving text messages from someone is simply not something you want to do.
You may be annoyed by them, whether or not they are spam.
This is very understandable.
Because your smartphone is a commodity, not a necessity, it is important to treat it as such.
As a result, we hope that the methods we offered to you were helpful in getting you out of a jam and that they performed as expected.
FAQs Messages on Samsung Issues
|How do I block text messages on my Samsung phone?||There are a few ways to block text messages on your Samsung phone. You can block a number directly from the Messages app, or you can block numbers from the Settings menu. To block a number from the Messages app, open the Messages app and open the conversation with the number you want to block. Tap the three dots menu in the top right corner of the screen and select “Block number.” To block numbers from the Settings menu, open the Settings app and go to “Calls and messages.” Tap “Block numbers and spam” and then tap “Block numbers.” Enter the number you want to block and tap “Block.”|
|How do I unblock a number on my Samsung phone?||To unblock a number on your Samsung phone, go to the Settings app and go to “Calls and messages.” Tap “Block numbers and spam” and then tap “Blocked numbers.” Tap the number you want to unblock and tap “Unblock.”|
|How do I report a spam text message on my Samsung phone?||To report a spam text message on your Samsung phone, open the Messages app and open the conversation with the spam message. Tap the three dots menu in the top right corner of the screen and select “Report spam.”|
Why am I unable to block certain texts on Android?
If you are unable to locate the option to block, you can download and use the Google Messages app in its place. Select the message you want to block, go to the menu, select “Details,” and then select “Block & report spam.”
Is it possible to stop someone from texting you?
Launch the ‘Messages’ app. Contact the person you want to block and start a conversation. Click the “More” button. Choose “Block number.”
On my Samsung, how do I block text messages that don't contain a phone number?
How do I block text messages on a Samsung phone without a number? From the Home screen, tap the Messages icon. To block numbers and messages, go to Menu > Settings > Block numbers.