How to Remove Google Account from Samsung [The Ultimate Guide]
When you purchase a smartphone, it’s easy to take for granted the amount of information that is stored on your device.
For most people, this is just their personal contacts, photos, and music they’ve downloaded from iTunes or Spotify.
But if you’re like many others who have purchased a Samsung Galaxy S4 or similar device recently, then chances are good that your phone contains more than just basic information about yourself and your contacts.
This can be especially problematic if you ever plan on selling or giving away your phone – unless you remove all these extra files first!
How to Remove Google Account from Samsung
- Go to the Settings menu and select Accounts.
- Press the Google button.
- Select the account from which you want to remove it.
- Select Options from the drop-down menu, and then select Remove account.
- When the confirmation dialog box appears, select Remove account.
Before you delete your Google account, there are a few things you should know
It is recommended that you remove your Google account with caution.
Before you go, it’s vital to remember that there are several connected alternatives that may be difficult to navigate:
- When you delete your Google Account from your Android phone, you will no longer be able to access Google Play services.
- Google’s services such as YouTube and other Google products are subject to the same restrictions.
- It will also have an impact on Gmail synchronization on your device, which will result in you no longer receiving Gmail notifications as well. You do, however, have the option of re-adding the account to your phone at any point.
- Turning off Syncing for the Gmail App leaves your Google account on your phone, which means you may use it for other Google services such as Google Play, YouTube, and so on. However, you will no longer receive email notifications of this change.
- Google Account Cannot Be Restored: This is an irrevocable action. The account will be removed from Google’s services immediately. You will lose access to your Gmail account as well as anything
associated with it.
What is the Sense of Deleting Google Account in my Samsung SmartPhone?
Prior to starting, there are certain things you should be aware of regarding what happens when you deactivate your Google account from your Android smartphone.
The Google Play Store, Google Music, YouTube, and all of the other Google services will be unavailable during this period.
The synchronization of contacts will be interrupted, as will the synchronization of all other services.
This means that any information stored on the specific Google account, including emails, contacts, settings, and so on, will be removed from the device.
Furthermore, you will no longer have access to the app that you purchased from the Google Play Store.
As a result, make sure to back up all of the critical information.
How To Remove Google Account?
Android allows you to add or remove accounts.
You can add accounts to your phone in order to gain access to your email, contacts, and calendar, as well as to download apps from the Google Play Store.
The information connected with a Google account is instantly synced with your phone when you add a Google account.
When you erase a user account from your phone, everything linked with that user account is likewise removed from your device.
Among the items on this list are email, contacts, and settings.
Important: Some of these instructions are only applicable to Android versions 9 and higher. Learn how to determine what version of Android you are running.
1. If you have an older smartphone, open the App drawer by swiping up from the home screen or tapping on Apps on older devices to remove or delete google account data from your Samsung Galaxy S5.
2. Go to the bottom of the page and select the Settings app.
3. On older Samsung devices, select Cloud & Accounts or Accounts & Backup or Google from the drop-down menu.
4. After selecting the Accounts option, a list of all of the Google Accounts associated with your Galaxy S5 will appear.
Then select the Google Account that you wish to deactivate.
5. Finally, select Remove account from the drop-down menu.
6. Your Google account, as well as all other information on your Samsung Galaxy S5, such as saved passwords, Google, notes data, Google Drive data, phone number, and so on, will be removed from your phone.
Don’t worry, if you’ve enabled cloud sync or a backup, you’ll still be able to access your files online.
Method 2: Use the Password to Delete your Google Account from your phone.
You can remove your Google account from your phone if you know the password to your account.
But bear in mind that your phone must be linked to the internet in order to work.
The following steps can be taken to assist you:
Step 1: On your Android phone, go to the Settings app and select General.
Step 2: Continue scrolling down until you reach the Accounts option. (Alternatively, you may see Users & accounts, in which case you should click on it.)
Step 3: Select Accounts from the drop-down menu.
Step 4: Find the Google account you wish to remove and click on it to go to the next step.
Step 5: Select the Remove account option.
Step 6: When prompted, confirm the deletion by clicking on Remove Account a second time on the screen.
(If this is the only Google account associated with your phone, you’ll be prompted to enter your phone’s password, PIN, or pattern to complete the process.)
Method 3: How to Deactivate a Google Account on an Android Phone without a Password
What if you don’t know your Google account’s password or even the name of the account, especially when you’re trying to set up your device and it wants you to verify your account with Google?
You may still resolve the issue without the need for a password, and you can quickly skip the “check your account” page by using a different browser.
iMyFone LockWiper (Android)
You can easily erase your Google account from your Android phone and circumvent Google account verification without having to enter a password.
It was created to allow you to entirely delete your Google account whenever you choose.
Completely delete your Google Account with LockWiper (Android).
Delete your Google account from your Samsung phone permanently.
Remove the Google “Verify your account” requirement in a few simple steps.
Take complete control of your Android phone and take advantage of all of its capabilities.
Prevent your phone from being tracked or remotely blocked by using this app.
Additionally, it works flawlessly to unlock your screen lock without a password.
Method 4: Using a manual
- Select a file browsing application on your Android device and launch it.
- Delete the “accounts.db” file from the data/system folder.
- If you are unable to locate the.db file, navigate to /data/system/sync and delete “accounts.xml.”
Please keep in mind that you should open the data folder from the root or principal location of your Android device.
The system folder on your Android’s external SDcard will not be found in the data folder of the SDcard.
Many Google Store-related Android issue remedies necessitate the removal and re-addition of your Google account in order to work.
The techniques outlined above can be used to deactivate a Google account without performing a factory reset, allowing you to continue downloading apps and games from the Google Store without encountering any difficulties.
Bonus: Instructions on how to delete a Google account from an iOS device
You must follow certain steps to remove your account from an iOS device, depending on how you access that account (via the Gmail app, Safari app, or Mail app, for instance).
How to deactivate your Google account if you use the Gmail application is as follows:
1. Launch the Gmail application.
2. Select the menu (three stacked lines), then “Manage Accounts,” followed by “Edit,” to proceed.
3. Select “Remove” from the drop-down menu next to the account you want to delete, and then confirm your selection.
4. Select “Done” from the drop-down menu on the upper left.
For people who use their Google account through the Safari software on an iOS device, the following instructions will help you erase your account from your device:
1. Launch the Safari application.
2. Go to google.com and type in your search terms.
3. In the upper right corner, click on your profile symbol, and then click “Sign out” (if you haven’t already done so).
4. Select “Sign in” and then “Sign in with a different account” from the menu.
5. Select “Delete” from the drop-down menu, then select the account you wish to remove from the device and tap “Done.”
Our Final Thoughts
Remove all of the old baggage from your life. If you’re no longer using an account on your Galaxy phone or tablet, or if you don’t want it associated with your device, you can delete it from your device.
Just keep in mind that once the account has been deleted, you will no longer have access to any of the account’s data unless you add the account back in again and again.
Frequently Ask Questions
When I factory reset my Samsung, how do I get rid of the Google account that was created?
To accomplish this, follow the steps outlined below:
- Open the “Settings” app on your device and navigate to the Apps section.
- The “Manage apps” (applications) button should be clicked, then the “All” tab should be selected.
- Look for the “Google App” and choose it from the drop-down menu.
- To clear the Google account cache, select “Clear cache” from the drop-down menu.
- Additionally, clearing all data will delete any data that has been stored in an app.
What is the best way to erase a Gmail account from my Samsung without entering a password?
- Steps to Permanently Delete Your Google Account from Your Android Phone
- Install the application and connect your phone. The LockWiper (Android) application can be downloaded and installed on your computer by visiting the URL provided above.
- Select Your Device Information from the drop-down menu.
- Data Package should be installed.
- Begin the removal process.
Is it true that a factory reset deletes your Google account?
When you perform a Factory Reset on your smartphone or tablet, all of the data stored on the device will be completely deleted. Before doing a Factory Reset, make a backup of all of your important data.
If your device is running Android 5.0 (Lollipop) or higher, please make sure that your Google Account (Gmail) and screen lock are both off before conducting a factory reset on it.