How to update Android tablet to latest version? [6 Steps]
How to update Android tablet to latest version?
Software updates are analogous to oil changes and tune-ups for your phone or tablet in that they keep everything running smoothly.
They also contribute to enhancing the user interface, security, and removing minor bugs.
To ensure that your device continues to operate at peak performance levels, you should update the software whenever a new version becomes available.
On the other hand, it’s possible that you’ve disabled automatic updates on your tablet, that you haven’t manually updated your Samsung’s operating system in a while, or that you own an older model that doesn’t officially support new updates.
As a result, what is the best method for updating an older Samsung tablet’s operating system?
Please keep in mind that the screens and settings available may differ depending on your wireless service provider, software version, and model.
How to Update Andriod Tablet to Latest Version on Samsung
2. Select Settings > General > About tablet > Software update from the menu.
3. Select Update.
4. A pop-up window will appear.
5. A message will appear if an update for your device is available.
6. When the download is finished, click Install to install the new update.
Simple steps on How To Update Samsung Tablet
See Other Related Articles:
How To Update Your Old Samsung Tablet? [5 Steps]
How To Calibrate Samsung Tablet Battery? [5 STEPS]
Why Won’t My Samsung Tablet Connect To Bluetooth? [9 Solutions]
CAUTION FOR DOING UPDATES:
- Battery level requirements: a minimum of 40% of the total capacity (not charging)
- a minimum of 20% of the total (while charging)
- While roaming, you will not be able to receive a system update.
- Please be extra caution for samsung phones like Galaxy s21, Galaxy s22, Galaxy s20, Samsung Galaxy Tab a and even in Galaxy Tab s7.
CHECKING FOR UPDATES: WHAT TO DO?
The steps to perform a software update check on your device will differ slightly depending on your device and its current operating system. Then, follow the steps for a security update in the section below that corresponds to your current Android operating system version.
Depending on your location and mobile service provider, software updates are released at various times throughout the day. If no updates are available, your device has already been updated to the most recent available version.
Please keep in mind that updates may take a long time to install and may be large in size. You should use a Wi-Fi connection to avoid using up your mobile data allowance while downloading the update for galaxy z fold.
To ensure that your device is always up to date, enable Auto-update (for Lollipop/KitKat devices) or Download updates automatically (for all other devices) (Marshmallow devices and above).
Tips: Get the most current Samsung Android updates ready for you
1. Launch the phone’s Settings application.
2. Tap System at the bottom of the menu. System upgrade.
3. You’ll notice your update status. Follow the on-screen instructions.
HOW TO UPDATE SOFTWARE ON YOUR ANDROID SAMSUNG TABLET
The following information is very important: Depending on your software version, you may need to repeat this process several times.
- You should install any system updates that are made available to keep your phone or tablet running smoothly. Please keep in mind that your device will be rendered inoperable and your files will be inaccessible while the update is being carried out. You will also be unable to call 911 or other emergency services. Furthermore, once the update is complete, there may be some differences in the device’s interface.
- Swipe down from the top of the screen with two fingers and tap on the Settings icon to open the Settings menu on your Samsung phone.
- Swipe to a Software or System update, then tap on one of them. It varies depending on the model.
- Alternatively, you can choose Download and install. If necessary, check for system updates. If an update is available, it will begin downloading immediately, though some devices may require you to first tap Download now.
- When the download is finished, follow the on-screen instructions to finish installing the update. You can also toggle the switch to enable or disable Auto download via Wi-Fi connectivity. When you enable this feature, your phone or tablet will update automatically whenever it connects to a Wi-Fi network.
If this option is not enabled, you will have to manually update your mobile device. To view the current software version on your device, navigate to Settings > About phone or Tablet > Software information, and then tap Software information.
AUTOMATIC OVER-THE-AIR UPDATES (OTA)
- Swipe up from the Home screen to see all Apps.
- Select Settings.
- Select Software update.
- Tap OK to start the device’s update check.
- To begin the update, tap OK.
- Install the Samsung Smart Switch software on your computer.
- Connect the cable to a compatible USB port on your computer.
- Connect the other end of the cable to your mobile device.
- Allow your computer to install any necessary device drivers. This process may take a few minutes.
- Open Smart Switch to allow it to connect to your computer.
- Smart Switch will automatically prompt you to update if a software update for your device is available. You can always click Update.
- To begin downloading the necessary files, click Update.
- To proceed, click OK.
During the update process, your device may turn off and on several times. When finished, the device will return to the Home screen.
HOW TO UPDATE SOFTWARE USING THE SMART SWITCH?
Smart Switch is not only great for data transfer, but it’s also a quick and easy way to update the software on your device. When you launch Smart Switch on your Mac or Windows PC, you’ll be given the option to upgrade to the most recent software version, if one is available.
Connect your Galaxy tab device to a computer that has Smart Switch successfully installed using the USB cable that came with it. A USB adapter may be required by some computers.
Allow Smart Switch to detect the device on your computer by opening and running it. The Update button will appear on the right side of the screen if an update is available. Go to Start > All Programs > Update and follow the on-screen instructions to download and install the update.
Remember that you should not disconnect the USB cable or use your device until the update is finished. Your Samsung Galaxy Tab device will reboot once or twice during the update process.
ROOTING YOUR TABLET TO UPDATE SOFTWARE
If you haven’t been able to locate any official updates for your tablet model, you have the option of rooting your device and manually installing a new operating system.
This action will grant you greater access to the tablet’s operating system, allowing you to make more significant changes than you could otherwise.
It’s important to remember, though, that rooting your tablet will almost certainly void its warranty, and it may also cause damage or render it unusable in other ways. If you still want to root your Samsung tablet, follow the steps outlined below:
- Step 1: Before you attempt to root your tablet, you must back it up to ensure that all of your current data is saved. You can do this using your Samsung Cloud account, Google Drive, or any other backup application that you have downloaded to your Android device from the Google Play Store.
- Step 2: In order to enable root, you must now make changes to your device’s settings. Open the Settings app and choose About Tablet from the drop-down menu. Locate and activate the Build Number option by pressing it seven times. Developer Options should now be visible, and you can enable them if necessary by entering your password. In the Developer Options section of the phone’s settings, ensure that both the USB Debugging and the OEM Unlocking options are enabled.
- Step 3: You must now download the appropriate SDK Platform Tools for Android from a reputable developer’s website for the operating system on your computer. To download and then install the necessary files, simply follow the critical steps outlined on this website.
- Step 4: Next, connect your Samsung tablet to your computer via a USB cable. If your device does not currently support this feature, you must download and install the necessary USB drivers from Samsung’s website.
- Step 5: Most of the time, you’ll need to restart your Samsung tablet and hold down a specific combination of the volume and power keys for a set amount of time. Because this varies by model, it’s a good idea to do a quick Google search to find out how to boot up your specific Samsung device before proceeding. After your tablet has successfully booted up, unzip the Android SDK files that you previously downloaded to your computer.
- Step 6: Next, open the Command Prompt and enter the command ‘fastboot flashing unlock,’ followed by the Enter key.
UPDATE SOFTWARE TROUBLESHOOTING
- To troubleshoot and resolve software update issues, go to Troubleshoot & Resolve.
- After installing the software update, navigate to Troubleshoot & Resolve to address any remaining issues with your device or services.
Final Thoughts On Updating Android Tablet on Samsung
One of the most important aspects of maintaining the performance of our tablets is to keep them updated. I hope that after reading this article thoroughly, you will understand how to update and the significance of updating.
FAQs About Update Tablets on Android
How do you update an old tablet?
To update an old tablet, manually check for updates by going to Settings > Software Update > Download and install
. Alternatively, navigate to the Settings menu, select About Phone, click on Software and System Update, and then click the Check for Update button
. Finally, open your phone’s Settings app and tap System > System update to get the latest Android updates available
Is it possible to update the Android version on an old tablet?
Android tablets automatically update themselves as long as they are connected to the internet. At some point, older tablets will be unable to upgrade to the most recent Android version.
What Samsung tablets are no longer supported?
The Samsung Galaxy S7 active and the old Galaxy Tab A 10.1 are no longer supported, at least if you want to receive security updates. Nonetheless, both devices were released in 2016, which means they’ve been supported for four years.
Is it possible to update older Samsung tablets?
Swipe down from the top of the screen with two fingers and tap on the Settings icon to open the Settings menu. 3. Swipe to a Software or System update, then tap on one of them. It varies depending on the model.