How To Cast From Samsung Phone to Samsung TV? That shot you took is great, but do you know what would make it even more spectacular?
Do you know what would make it even more amazing?
It will be shown on a large screen. With Smart View, you may connect a compatible Samsung device to a Samsung Smart TV via a wireless connection.
Photos, films, presentations, and games should be projected onto a large screen to make them appear larger and more detailed.
Please keep in mind that the screens and settings available may differ depending on your wireless service provider, software version, and device model.
Smart View isn’t available on every device, so check first. Screen mirroring is only possible if all of the devices are connected to the same Wi-Fi network as the TV.
Casting a Video from a Samsung Phone to a Samsung TV?
- Download and install the SmartThings app.
- By pressing the “Share Screen” button, you may begin Screen Sharing.
- Check that your phone and television are both on the same network.
- Add your Samsung TV and offer others access.
- To share content, select Smart View from the drop-down option.
- Utilize your phone as a remote control.
Casting vs. screen mirroring: which is better?
Likewise, as technological advancements progress, so does the terminology connected with those advancements.
We all use phrases like “screen mirroring” and “casting” on a regular basis now, and it may be extremely confusing.
What are all of these symbols implying?
Simply put, both services allow you to stream films, photographs, and other content from your phone to your smart TV.
That’s all you really need to know.
But if you’re looking for a more in-depth definition, we’ve got it right here for you.
What exactly is screen mirroring?
The answer is right in the name: screen mirroring.
This feature allows you to mirror what is now displayed on your phone’s screen to a larger screen, such as a smart TV.
Whatever is now displayed on your phone will be displayed on the television, whether it is a video, a photo, or a Settings menu.
It is possible that if you do an action on your phone (for example, switching to a different app), that action will also be displayed on the other screen.
Smart View is the name given to the screen mirroring feature on Samsung devices.
You may effortlessly mirror your screen with Smart View by just pressing on the Smart View icon and following a few simple instructions that are provided.
The screen mirroring technology for iPhones is known as AirPlay, and it accomplishes the same exact thing as on other devices – it mirrors photos, videos, and other data.
AirPlay is similar to but slightly different from, using Smart View on a mobile device.
Whichever model you have, it’s a fantastic way to share files, images, and other media from your phone directly on the screen of your smart TV.
What exactly is casting?
It is not immediately evident what the term “casting” means due to the fact that it can be used in a variety of contexts.
Casting, on the other hand, refers to the transmission of sound and images in real-time through the internet via phones and televisions.
Certain programs, such as Netflix or YouTube, allow you to cast videos directly from your phone to a large screen display.
In the absence of a smart TV, you can stream videos using third-party casting devices such as Google Chromecast or Amazon Firestick, among others.
When you cast a video or a movie, the video or movie will only appear on the television.
The video is controlled by your phone, but you can also close the app and do other things without stopping the video as long as the phone is still connected to the computer or other device.
It’s an extremely convenient way to watch a movie while also using your phone.
Casting Through Smart View
When it comes to mirroring a smartphone to a TV over Wi-Fi, this is the most basic technique.
To mirror with Smart View, follow the procedures outlined below.
Step 1: Swipe down from the top screen to reveal the Quick panel, then press on the Smart View symbol to activate the feature.
Step 2: From the list of available devices, select your television (depending on the TV, you may need to enter a PIN).
Step 3: On the pop-up window that says ‘Start casting with Smart View?’, select Start now from the drop-down menu that appears.
If the mirroring picture appears to be too small on the screen, the aspect ratio can be adjusted.
Step 1: Select Smart View > More Options from the drop-down menu (three vertical dots).
Step 2: Select the Phone aspect ratio from the Settings menu.
Step 3: On the connected device, select Fullscreen to make it appear in full-screen mode.
If you like to go to full screen on a connected device once Smart View begins mirroring your phone’s screen, you may enable ‘Remember settings’, which is a convenient feature for you.
Please keep in mind that some applications may need to be restarted as a result of this.
Both the mobile phone and the television must be linked to the same Wi-Fi network.
Some televisions may require you to change inputs or enable screen mirroring before they will function properly.
In Settings > General > External Device Manager > Device Connect Manager > Access Notification, determine whether Smart View is permitted on the television.
With the Samsung SmartThings App, you can mirror your screen
Before you begin, make sure that your smartphone and television are linked to the same WiFi network, and that your television is powered on and connected to your SmartThings account before proceeding.
1. Open the SmartThings app on your Samsung smartphone and enter your password.
2. Select your television from the Dashboard.
3. More Options (three dots) can be found in the upper-right corner of the screen by selecting it.
4. Select Mirror Screen from the drop-down menu (Smart View).
5. The contents of your phone will be displayed on your television screen.
Send content to your Samsung TV using Casting.
Another option for viewing the contents of your Samsung phone on your Samsung TV is to use screencasting, which can be accomplished with a Chromecast device and the Google Home app.
To accomplish this, follow these steps:
2. Set the HDMI input on the television to its default setting.
3. Select Add > Set up Device from the Google Home app, and then follow the on-screen instructions to configure your Chromecast.
4. The Cast button will appear when you have selected and opened a Chromecast-compatible app on your phone.
5. Take pleasure in the stuff that has been broadcast on your television.
Wi-Fi Screen Mirroring allows you to share your computer’s screen with another device.
Despite the fact that you have an older Samsung device that isn’t compatible with SmartThings or Smart View, it is still feasible to mirror the contents of your phone to your Samsung TV.
1. To begin, tap the Source button on the remote control and then select Screen Mirroring (on some older devices, this is the default).
In the case of other models, press the Menu button on the remote and then Network > Screen Mirroring.
2. On the Samsung phone, drag the Notifications bar to the bottom.
3. Select Screen Mirroring from the drop-down menu (on some devices, select Quick Connect).
4. Your device searches for available devices to connect to and connects to them.
Select your television from the list of devices that are currently available.
5. A PIN will show on the TV screen, and you will need to enter it into your smartphone when requested.
As soon as the connection is established, you will be able to open the majority of the apps and programs on your Samsung smartphone, and the apps will mirror your Samsung Smart TV.
HDMI Adapter Cable for Casting to Television
The use of this method was once the standard method of connecting to displays before the introduction of Smart Apps.
HDMI adaptors are primarily employed in this situation for people who are experiencing difficulty connecting wirelessly.
It should be noted that Samsung HDMI adaptors are available for purchase separately and provide support for devices that use USB-C connectors.
- Connect an HDMI cable to the HDMI adaptor and turn on the computer.
- The other end of the HDMI cable should be connected to an HDMI port on your television.
- Connect the HDMI adaptor to the USB port on your device using the included USB cable.
- Turn on your television and select the HDMI port that you are currently using as the input source.
- With the help of this instruction, you should be able to fully utilize your Samsung devices now that they have been properly connected with your television set.
- As a result, you will receive excellent value for your money as well as a first-rate experience, whether you are beaming photos or watching movies.
Project the screen of your Windows 10 or Windows 11 computer onto a television.
Make sure your computer and television meet the necessary specifications before everyone can enjoy the show.
You will require the following materials:
The most effective method of determining whether or not your PC is compatible is to try to mirror your screen.
If your PC does not support WiDi, you can always use a separate USB adapter to connect to the network.
Make sure your TV has a Miracast or WiDi receiver before you start streaming anything from your computer. If this is not the case, an external adaptor can be used.
Make a mirror of your computer screen.
1. On your computer, start by clicking on Start, then type Bluetooth and other device settings into the search box and click on it when it appears.
2. Select Add device or Add Bluetooth or another device from the drop-down menu. Then select Wireless display or dock from the drop-down menu.
3. When your television’s name is displayed, select it by clicking on it. If you are prompted, select Allow on your television.
4. Your PC screen will now be displayed on your television.
Disconnect the gadgets from the computer.
1. It’s time to unplug from your computer when you’ve done mirroring your screen.
2. On your computer, start by clicking on Start, then type Bluetooth and other device settings into the search box and click on it when it displays.
3. If you’re using Windows 10, simply select the connected device from the list of options.
You can disconnect a device from your computer by selecting More choices (the three vertical dots) adjacent to the device you wish to disconnect from your computer when you’re using Windows 11.
4. Select Remove device from the list, and then select Yes.
Our Final Thoughts
Whenever it comes to screen mirroring Android to Samsung TV, all of these tools are viable and trustworthy choices.
They contribute significantly to a positive screen mirroring experience.
When it comes to tools that do more than just mirror, ApowerMirror is one of the best options out there right now.
Frequently Ask Questions
Why am I unable to cast my Samsung phone's screen to my Samsung TV?
Check to confirm that both your Samsung TV and your device are linked to the same WiFi network before proceeding.
It is possible to download and install the SmartThings app on your device through the Google Play Store and Apple App Store.
Open the SmartThings app and select Add Device from the drop-down menu. By selecting Smart View, you will be able to cast content from your device to your Samsung TV.
What is the best way to cast to my Samsung TV?
When you open the Samsung Smart View app, you will see a list of all the devices to which you can cast your content.
Choose your television from the drop-down menu.
After that, you may be prompted to approve connectivity or enter a PIN code, among other things.
Select the content that you want to see shown on television.
What is causing my phone to not mirror to my television?
Check to see that all of your AirPlay-compatible devices are turned on and in close proximity to one another.
Check to see sure all of the devices are running the most recent software and are connected to the same Wi-Fi network.
Make sure that all of the devices that you intend to use with AirPlay or screen mirroring are turned on.