It is difficult to find fault with the Samsung Galaxy S8 and Galaxy S8+ smartphones.
In the opinion of some, the two devices are among the best smartphones ever built.
However, others disagree. It’s possible that the only issue you have with your device is that you purchased it from your service provider in order to save a little money, and now you’re stuck with a Galaxy S8 that you need to SIM unlock.
The SIM Samsung S8 Unlock and S8+ can be accomplished in one of three ways, as described below.
The first step is to plead with your service provider to provide you with a free unlock code.
If you don’t qualify for a free samsung s8 unlock code, you’ll most likely have to pay for one from a third-party unlocking service, which will cost you more money.
It is possible to root your device and play around with the code, which is the third option.
Due to the fact that the phones are still in their infancy, this option is not yet available, but if you do some searching, you may come across something interesting.
But before we proceed in sim unlocking, let’s start with how to unlock the Samsung galaxy s8 first.
VIDEO: How to Unlock a Samsung Galaxy S8?
Forgot your Galaxy S8 password or PIN code? Here’s how to get it Unlocked.
The Samsung Galaxy S8 and other high-end smartphones are equipped with built-in security features, such as the capability of restricting access to the phone with a personal pin code or password.
Until you enter the passcode, you will be unable to unlock the phone and access any information, settings, or data on it.
It is at this point that forgetting your password can be a real pain.
The only way to regain physical access to the Samsung Galaxy S8 is to perform a hard reset on the device itself.
To do this, press the hardware buttons on the phone to completely wipe the device of all data and settings, including the password lock.
We implemented this measure so that no one could access your information while not possessing the password or pin code that you had previously established.
If you are the one who has forgotten your password, this can be extremely inconvenient.
Here is a workaround for hard resetting your Galaxy S8 that you can try in the hopes of regaining access to your device.
But bear in mind that this method is not guaranteed to work for everyone, and your chances of success are significantly increased if you have previously configured Android Device Manager.
Check to see if you can unlock your smartphone using the Android Device Manager if you have access to the Google account and password that was previously set up on your device.
We’ve included a link to the tool; simply click on it to access it.
Upon entering Android Device Manager, you should be able to see your Galaxy S8, which was previously configured to use that Google account.
You will find a button labeled “Lock” or “Lock & Erase” under the smartphone’s information.
To lock your phone, simply click on it and follow the on-screen instructions.
You will be prompted to create a temporary password.
Enter the temporary password that was provided.
If you are unable to unlock Samsung S8 with the new password you configured through the Android device manager, try another password.
Because your smartphone did not appear in Device Manager, or simply because you were unable to replace the password remotely with the lock feature, there is no other option but to perform a hard reset on your smartphone, which will completely erase all data on your device.
I sincerely hope that we were able to assist you in unlocking your Samsung Galaxy S8 device.
Process of Unlocking the Samsung Galaxy S4 SIM Card
Unlock all of the Galaxy S8’s different configurations.
- The Samsung Galaxy S8 is a flagship smartphone from Samsung (SM-G950)
- The Samsung Galaxy S8 is a flagship smartphone from Samsung (SM-G950A)
- The Samsung Galaxy S8 is a flagship smartphone from Samsung (SM-G950F)
- The Samsung Galaxy S8 is a flagship smartphone from Samsung (SM-G950T)
- The Samsung Galaxy S8 is a flagship smartphone from Samsung (SM-G950W)
+ any and all other variations!
Find out what the IMEI number of your Samsung Galaxy S8 is.
To get things started, you’ll need to find the unique IMEI number for your phone.
When you order your Samsung Galaxy S8 unlock code or request it from your service provider, the IMEI number will be used to identify your device.
1. Open the phone app on your Samsung Galaxy S8 and dial *#06# from your phone’s dial pad.
2. An image of the device’s 15-digit IMEI number will appear on the screen.
3. Make a note of the IMEI number for future reference.
SIM Unlocking for the Samsung Galaxy S8, S8+ for Free
The most cost-effective method of obtaining an unlock code for your new Samsung smartphone is to submit a request to your service provider.
Unfortunately, there is no guarantee that they will grant you one because they have a slew of requirements that must be met.
To be eligible for an unlock code, all of your bills must be current and paid on time, the account must be older than 60-90 days, and the phone you’re trying to unlock cannot be on a payment plan.
If you believe you meet the minimum requirements, you should be eligible to receive a free unlock code from the manufacturer.
- Make contact with the customer service department of your service provider.
- Please inquire about receiving a free unlock code for your Galaxy S8 or S8+ from the representative.
- Provide the phone’s IMEI number to the customer service representative.
- Upon approval, you will receive an email with an unlock code within 2-5 days of submitting your application.
- Remove the old SIM card from the phone and replace it with a new one from a different carrier to unlock the phone.
- When prompted, enter the phone’s unlock code into the phone’s keyboard.
SIM unlocking service for the Samsung Galaxy S8, S8+ in Paid
When you use an unlocking service to obtain the SIM unlock code for the Samsung Galaxy S8 or Galaxy S8+, the process is typically faster (and less complicated).
The majority of them deliver the codes in a matter of hours and provide a full refund if the code provided does not function properly.
It is important to note that if you purchased your Samsung Galaxy S8 or S8+ from T-Mobile or Metro PCS, the basic paid service will not function.
You will need to make use of the T-Mobile service, which is listed at the bottom of this page.
For more information, visit the Android SIM Unlock or another unlocking service website.
- Choose between the Samsung Galaxy S8 and S8+.
- Input the IMEI number for your phone that you discovered earlier.
- Fill out the payment information form to complete the payment process.
- In less than an hour, you will receive an email containing the unlock code for your phone.
- Remove your phone’s SIM card and replace it with a card from a different service provider to continue using the phone.
- When prompted, enter the SIM unlock code in the appropriate field.
T-Mobile and Metro PCS are two of the largest wireless carriers in the United States.
SIM Unlocking for the Samsung Galaxy S8, S8+
For the Samsung Galaxy S8 and S8+, you will be unable to use a standard SIM unlock code because T-Mobile and Metro PCS both use a proprietary app that is only available on their networks.
Good news: You can still pay to unlock devices purchased from T-Mobile or Metro PCS, though the process is a little more complicated.
Android SIM Unlock provides unlocking services for the T-Mobile Unlock App and the Metro PCS Unlock App, which are both available on Google Play.
The steps outlined below will walk you through the process of unlocking your phone using either app.
T-Mobile Device Unlock or Metro PCS Device Unlock services for your Galaxy S8 can be found at the links below.
1. Fill out the checkout form with your phone’s IMEI number and complete the transaction.
2. The process of unlocking a vehicle can take anywhere from one to three days.
3. To unlock your Galaxy S8, launch the T-Mobile Device Unlock or Metro PCS Device Unlock applications on your phone.
4. On the following screen, select Continue first, followed by Permanent Unlock.
5. Once you’ve finished, restart your phone to finish the unlocking process.
6. Hopefully, one of these methods will work for you in order to SIM unlock your Samsung Galaxy S8 or S8+.
AT&T SIM Unlock Code for Samsung Galaxy S8
Before they will unlock a phone, all carriers require that the phone be paid in full or purchased outright.
Some circumstances may warrant a deviation from this rule, but the majority of the time they will not. There can’t be any early termination fees or remaining monthly installment payments, and the device can’t be linked to another AT&T account at the same time.
Additionally, if it has been reported lost or stolen (for example, if you purchased it on Craigslist), they are unlikely to unlock it.
If you meet all of the requirements, proceed with the instructions below.
- Dial the number #06# from your phone to obtain the IMEI number.
- Navigate to AT&T’s device unlocking portal website.
- Fill out the form with your phone number, name, IMEI, and any other information you have.
- Once you’ve finished, click on the next button to request a SIM unlock code.
- Remove the SIM card and replace it with a new SIM card from a different carrier to continue using it.
- Following the instructions above, restart the phone and enter the code and hit Unlock.
SIM Unlocking for the Sprint Galaxy S8
Sprint and AT&T follow the same procedure, but T-Mobile follows its own set of rules.
Sprint, on the other hand, is the least user-friendly in this regard. Owners of Sprint devices will receive either an international unlock code or a domestic (US) unlock code.
It’s either one or the other, not both at the same time.
How to unlock galaxy s8? You can unlock it and take it with you to another country, but it will remain locked to Sprint in the United States. Isn’t it a pain in the neck?
As previously stated, your Sprint Galaxy S8 or S8+ must be unlocked eligible in order to be unlocked.
The account must be in good standing, the device must be paid in full, and the device must not have been reported as stolen or used in fraudulent activities in order to be eligible for this offer.
Additionally, the device must have been connected to the network for a minimum of 50 days before it can be used.
As a result, brand new S8 owners will have to wait nearly two months.
- Dial the number #06# from your phone to obtain the IMEI number.
- Call Sprint customer service at 1-866-866-7509 to speak with a representative.
- Request a Galaxy S8 or S8+ SIM Unlock Galaxy s8 code by filling out the form below.
- Select either domestic or international SIM unlocking from the drop-down menu. If you request international service, the phone will not work on any other US carriers unless you specify otherwise. Make an informed decision.
- If all requirements are met, a code will be sent within 1-48 hours if all requirements are met.
- Once you have received the code from Sprint, you can simply follow the steps outlined at the top of this page.
- Insert a SIM card that is not from Sprint, reboot, enter the code, and press unlock.
Our Final Thoughts
The unlocking process is a little bit confusing but I made this article for you to avoid confusion.
I hope that you read well the whole article so you can smoothly do the process of unlocking.
Frequently Ask Questions
|What is Network Unlock Code For Samsung S8?||A network unlock code for Samsung S8 allows you to use the device with any network provider. To obtain the code, contact your current network carrier and provide them with the IMEI number of your phone. Once received, follow the instructions provided to unlock your Samsung S8 and enjoy the flexibility of choosing any network.|
|How to Unlock Samsung Galaxy S8 For Free?||“To unlock your Samsung Galaxy S8 for free in English, follow these steps: |
1. Contact your mobile carrier and request an unlock code.
2. Provide all necessary information and wait for the code.
3. Power off your device and insert a non-carrier SIM card.
4. Power on and enter the unlock code when prompted. Enjoy your unlocked Galaxy S8 hassle-free.”
If I forget the password to my Samsung phone, how can I unlock it without having to reset it?
To use this feature, go to the lock screen and repeatedly enter an incorrect pattern or PIN.
A button that says “Forgot pattern,” “forgot PIN,” or “Forgot password” will appear.
It needs to be tapped. You’ll be required to enter the Google account username and password connected with your Android smartphone.
On a Samsung, how do you get past the lock screen?
To understand how to circumvent the screen lock on a Samsung phone, turn it off first.
Wait a few moments and then press and hold the Home, Volume Up, and Power keys at the same time to enter recovery mode.
You may now choose the “Wipe Data/Factory Reset” option by using the Volume Up/Down keys.
What is a Samsung unlock code?
How to Enter Samsung Unlock Codes on Various Models After inserting the SIM card, turn on your Samsung mobile and dial 2767688#, then click Exit.
Switch off your phone and input a different SIM card.
Turn on the device and enter the code 00000000.