How to turn off your Samsung Galaxy S21? (Answered)
How to turn off your Samsung Galaxy S21? If you own a Samsung Galaxy s21, you’ll know that its flagship specs and design aren’t cheap.
You’ve probably already purchased one of the best Galaxy s21 cases, as well as a screen protector.
But wait a minute – do you know how to turn your Samsung Galaxy s21 off? It may appear obvious, but it isn’t quite that simple.
Samsung’s latest phones hide their power buttons behind the Bixby button, making it difficult to power down your phone unless you know how.
We’ll show you how to turn off your Galaxy s21 without summoning Bixby from the afterlife every time.
The power button on your Galaxy s21 is a side key, but a long press brings up Bixby, Samsung’s voice assistant, by default.
So, how do you turn your phone off without activating Bixby? There are three ways to accomplish this:
Here is a quick solution to try first.
How to Restart or Turn Off Your Samsung Galaxy S21?
Here is a quick way to turn off your Samsung Galaxy s21/Galaxy s21 Ultra
- Swipe down from the top of the screen to reveal the fast settings panel, then swipe down again to fill the entire screen.
- In the top-right area, tap the Power symbol.
- Power off or restart the computer.
See Other Related Articles:
Samsung s9 vs s21 Comparisons [Which is the Best?]
10 Best Samsung Galaxy s21 Ultra Case (5G Silicone)
How to update Android tablet to latest version? [6 Steps]
Video: How to Turn Off and Restart Samsung Galaxy S21
Here is a a short video on how to turn off your Samsung 21.
3 Methods on Turning off your Samsung Galaxy
METHOD 1: USE THE NOTIFICATION TRAY
Using the notification tray is a quick and easy way to turn off your phone.
- Step 1: Open the notification tray by swiping down from the top of your phone’s screen safe mode.
- Step 2: Look for a power button icon in the upper right corner.
- Step 3: Tap that icon to open the power menu.
- Step 4: Choose Power Off.
METHOD 2: PRESS BUTTONS SIMULTANEOUSLY
The second way to turn off your phone is also quick and easy. Just hold down the Power button and Volume Down buttons simultaneously to open the Power Menu, then select Power Off by google assistant.
METHOD 3: REMAP THE BIXBY KEY
The third and final method – and the one we recommend – is to remap your side key function so that it does not automatically trigger Bixby. This makes it easier to turn off your phone in the future. Here’s how to go about it.
- Step 1: Navigate to Settings.
- Step 2: Select Advanced Options.
- Step 3: Choose Side Key.
- Step 4: Select Power Off Menu as the result of a long-press (press and hold) of the side key.
When you long-press the side key, you’ll now see the Power Off menu, from which you can select Power Off to turn off your phone. It’s worth noting that remapping the side key will disable Bixby, so keep that in mind if you use Samsung’s voice assistant.
It’s definitely worth the time to remap your phone’s Bixby key, especially if you never use Samsung’s voice assistant, but the other two methods work just as well.
THINGS TO DO TO RESTART THE SAMSUNG GALAXY S21
The restart setting allows you to turn the power on or off of your device in a single motion, whether you’re using a phone or another internet-connected device. It allows you to refresh your smartphone, which is especially useful after downloading a variety of applications or updates on your settings app.
Many apps will immediately restart your device or phone to begin a new download due to the size of the apps being downloaded. However, you can do this manually on the phone’s body as well.
- Restart your Samsung Galaxy s21 by holding down the power and volume buttons at the same time for several seconds.
- Following that, your phone will restart, first turning off and then back on.
- Alternately, you can quickly press and hold the power button on the side of your phone, and then tap the green restart option that appears on the screen, forcing your phone to restart.
6 SIMPLE STEPS TO TURNING OFF YOUR BIXBY VOICE ASSISTANT
Although you may not find Samsung’s built-in voice assistant, Bixby, to be particularly useful, if you want to, you can use it to shut down and restart your Galaxy s21 if necessary. Begin by activating the Bixby Voice virtual assistant.
- If you haven’t already, hold down the Side button for a second or two until the Bixby icon appears at the top of your screen to remap the button’s long-press action.
- You can also launch the “Bixby” app by sliding up from the home screen and selecting the “Bixby” app from the app drawer.
- After successfully activating the Bixby voice assistant, you can ask it to turn off or restart your smartphone by saying “Turn Off My Phone” on your Samsung device or “Restart My Handset.”
- If you haven’t done so already, tap the Bixby icon in the bottom-left corner of your screen.
- Before proceeding, Bixby will ask if you want to turn off or restart your Galaxy s21. Tap the relevant button or press the Bixby button a second time to speak your response.
- Now, your smartphone will either shut down or restart. Hold down the Side button until the Samsung logo appears on the screen to turn it back on.
Finally, you know how to turn off your Samsung phone, but what if Bixby’s voice isn’t exactly your type?
HOW CAN YOU DISABLE BIXBY VOICE ON THE GALAXY NOTE 10 AND GALAXY S21?
- In the Settings menu, select Advanced Features.
- Bixby Routines should be disabled.
- Side Key has been pressed.
- Turn off Double Press or change the Open Bixby setting.
- By pressing and holding, you can access the Power Off Menu.
- After typing in Bixby, select the entry that says App Info, Bixby Voice.
- Tap the Settings tool in the upper right corner to access Bixby Voice settings.
- Change the Automatic Listening setting to Never.
- By tapping on Voice Wake-Up, you can disable Wake With Hi, Bixby.
- Turn off the phone while it is locked.
- Bixby Dictation should be disabled.
- To open Bixby, change the Bixby Key to Double Press by tapping on it.
- Turn off Marketing Notifications.
- To get the widget-configuration mode, go to your home screen and press and hold it on your galaxy note.
- Toggle off Samsung Daily by swiping left.
CONCLUSION on Turning off Samsung 21
In Conclusion, Knowing how to restart your phone can help it retain memory, avoid crashes, and run more efficiently. It may also assist you in conserving or extending the life of your battery.
If you know how to do this yourself, you may be able to avoid the hassle (and cost) of hiring someone to do it for you in the future.
FAQS On Turning Off Samsung s21
Where is the power button on Samsung s21?
The power menu on the Samsung Galaxy s21. A swipe down from the top of your device brings up this menu, which includes a power button icon in the upper right-hand corner. When you tap this, the power menu will appear.
What is the procedure for turning on a Samsung Galaxy s21?
Turning on the s21. Simply press and hold the lock button until the Samsung logo appears on screen to turn your phone on. It might take a few seconds, but you just have to be patient. When you see the Samsung logo, release the buttons and the phone will turn on in a few seconds.
How do I turn off my Samsung Galaxy s21 without Bixby?
Navigate to the Side key settings > Press and hold > Power off menu. Toggle off Wake with “Hi, Bixby” by opening the Bixby app and pressing the three-dot menu button, then going to Settings > Voice Wake Up and toggle off Wake with “Hi, Bixby.” Simply log out of your Samsung account!