How To Block Private Calls On iPhone? If you want to block unknown or private callers on an iPhone, you can do so by modifying the phone’s settings.
However, for older iPhone models, blocking unregistered phone numbers is not yet an option.
As a result, you must block all incoming calls in order to avoid this unwanted unknown caller.
How To Block Private Calls On iPhone?
We do not recommend paying for any apps that advertise restricted call blocking on the App Store because they do not allow you to block unknown or hidden numbers.
Despite the fact that you cannot block unknown or private numbers through the iPhone’s settings, here are a couple of workarounds for blocking hidden numbers:
- You can block all calls from numbers that are not in your contact list, thereby blocking unknown or private numbers, but you will also block incoming calls from numbers that are not in your contact list.
- Go to Settings > Do Not Disturb.
- Turn on Manual, tap Allow private Call From and select Contacts.
- If ever you want to go back to receiving all calls, simply turn off “Manual”.
- You can check with your carrier to see if they have the option to block unknown or private callers on their end, but keep in mind that most mobile carriers do not.
- If you’re receiving harassing unwanted call on your iPhone from an unknown number, your best bet is to change your phone number. By changing your phone number and only giving it to people you want to, you can avoid receiving unwanted spam phone calls.
- Some people have reported being able to block unknown numbers using the iPhone’s block list, but we tested this method and had no success. If you still want to give it a shot, here’s how to do it:
- Go to Settings > Phone > Blocked.
- Add the unknown caller the same way it shows up in your recent calls without adding any number. For example if the caller shows up as “Unknown Number“, then add Unknown Number in your block list without assigning it a telephone number from the incoming call.
Aside from the options we provided above, unless Apple releases a software update granting the iPhone capability to block hidden numbers, these are the only options available.
See Other Related Articles:
Does Imessage Turn Green When Blocked? [Answered]
How to Block Spam Texts on Samsung? (Solved – 2 Steps!)
aHow to Block Email Text Messages on Samsung [3 Steps]
HOW TO BLOCK NO CALLER ID ON THE IPHONE 10, 11, AND 12?
1. Silence Unknown Callers
iOS 13 and later support newer iPhone models, including the iPhone 10 (or iPhone X), iPhone 11, and iPhone 12. With the release of iOS 13, Apple introduced a new feature called Silence Unknown Callers. All calls from unknown callers are routed to voicemail using this application. Your iPhone will not ring, but it will record the call in the Recents section of your phonebook, and if they leave a voicemail, you will be notified.
To enable the Silence Unknown Callers feature on your iPhone 10, 11, or 12, follow these steps:
- Locate the Settings icon on your iPhone after unlocking it. This icon is represented by Apple as a small grey gear.
- Tap the Settings icon, then scroll through the menu to find the Phone option at android device.
- Navigate to the Silence Unknown Callers option in the menu that appears and slide the toggle to the right to enable the feature. When the toggle is turned on, it will turn green.
2. Do Not Disturb
You can also use your iPhone’s Do Not Disturb feature to block calls from unknown callers. This application is relatively easy to configure; here’s how:
- Unlock your iPhone and go to the Settings app.
- Scroll through the menu that appears and select Do Not Disturb.
- Tap on Allow Calls From and then select All Contacts.
- Close the menus and return to your home screen.
This solution works because it only allows people in your contact list to call you. It does, however, prevent all other calls from being received, which means you may miss important calls from numbers other than those in your contact list.
3. Create a New Contact
The third method is to create a new contact and name it “Do Not Answer” or “No Caller ID.” Unfortunately, your iPhone cannot block hidden or private numbers because it cannot recognize them. However, you can work around this by creating a contact that looks like this unknown number. This is how you do it:
- To add a new contact, go to Contacts and tap the + icon.
- In the box for the contact’s name, type “No Caller ID.”
- Then, for the new contact’s phone number, enter “000-000-0000.”
- To save, click Done.
- Then, scroll through this newly added contact’s profile until you find the Block this Caller option and tap on it.
- To confirm your selection, select Block Contact.
Any hidden or private numbers will now be recognized as blocked numbers by your iPhone, preventing your phone from ringing if you receive a call from an unknown number.
HOW TO BLOCK UNKNOWN CALLERS OR PRIVATE NUMBERS ON IPHONE 6 AND 6 PLUS?
The iPhone, by default, allows you to block all calls or private numbers that are not in your contact list. Keep in mind that this option will prevent all incoming calls from entering your iPhone if they are not in your contact list.
Unfortunately, you will not be able to receive emergency calls from family or friends who have lost their device and have chosen to call you using a new number.
If you use the method outlined below, you will be blocking all incoming calls. Follow the steps below to Block all private calls on your iPhone 6 or iPhone 6 Plus.
- On your iPhone, go to Settings and select Do Not Disturb.
- Turn on Manual, then Allow Calls From and select Contacts.
- You can still uncheck this box if you want to resume receiving calls from private numbers.
Another option for preventing unwanted calls to your iPhone 6 is to use the iPhone’s block list. This option isn’t working. Nonetheless, you should give it a shot.
Go to Settings > Phone > Blocked, and then add the unknown number that has been bothering your line to the list of blocked numbers. Third-party apps can be used to block private calls on the iPhone 6 and 6 Plus.
At the start of this post, we mentioned a third-party App. Yes, some of them work perfectly, and you can use them to find and block hidden numbers on your iPhone 6 Plus. We recommend True Caller because the apps not only locate the caller but also assist in detecting spam callers or robocalls.
True Caller allows you to block any Private Numbers as well as those on your contact list. The block options are flawless. Although the App is available for free on the Apple App Store, the Auto-update of the blocklist is a Premium feature. You do not need to purchase the premium feature right now because you can manually update the block list.
How To Block Spam Calls On iPhone 6 & 6 Plus Using Truecaller?
- Tap on the profile picture at the top of the screen
- Tap on Settings
- Tap on Top spammers‘ and toggle it on. This will create a contact named “SPAM” on your phone book.
Now it’s time to block those numbers. Go to Phonebook > SPAM Callers > Edit > at the bottom, select “Block this caller.” With the steps outlined above, you should be able to prevent private numbers from calling you.
However, if the calls continue to come in, particularly from the same person but with a different number, you should change your phone number. Simply remove the old number and replace it with a new line. Be careful not to spread your numbers like an invitation card. Use a fake phone number on Facebook or any other social media site.
HOW TO BLOCK NO CALLER ID ON AN IPHONE WITH VERIZON SERVICE?
If you have a Verizon phone, you can sign up for their Call Filter service. Furthermore, Verizon includes a number of features in this app, such as spam blocking and robocall control.
Verizon subscribers can use the Call Filter for free. If you want a more powerful version, you can upgrade to Call Filter Plus for $2.99 per month.
HOW TO BLOCK NO CALLER ID ON AN IPHONE WITH AT&T SERVICE?
AT&T has its own app, AT&T Call Protect, that can help you prevent unwanted calls from reaching your phone. All AT&T customers with an iPhone 6 or later running HD Voice Capable iOS can download the app.
You can choose between the free version and the premium version, which costs $3.99 per month. Both options offer Nuisance Call Alerts as well as Unknown Call Blocking.
Once you know how, blocking or silencing unknown callers on your iPhone is simple. If you follow these simple steps, you will only receive calls from people you want to speak with. You can also contact your cell phone carrier to set up a blocking filter that works for you.
Have you ever blocked unknown callers on your iPhone? Did you employ a technique similar to those described in this guide? Please share your thoughts in the comments section below.
Can I block private numbers from calling me?
Launch the Phone app. Select Settings from the three-dot menu. Now, select Block numbers. To block private and unknown numbers on your phone, select Block unknown/ hidden numbers.
Why do I keep getting calls from a private number?
Finally, callers can use phone spoofing to make calls from private numbers. Phone spoofing is the practice of calling someone using a forged or blocked phone number. Private callers can choose what caller ID appears when they place an outbound call using popular services such as SpoofCard.
Why does block unknown callers not work?
Launch the phone app>three dots in the upper right corner>Settings>Block numbers This isn’t perfect, but it has served me well in the past. The option you mentioned turning on appears to be for blocked numbers. So, if the call was coming in as “Unknown,” it would not be accepted.