How to Backup Samsung s7 to Pc? If you’re like most people, your phone is your life.
It holds all of your contacts, photos, and important files.
What would you do if something happened to your phone and you lost all of your data?
One way to prevent this from happening is to back up your Samsung Galaxy s7 to PC.
This article will explain how to do just that.
Keep reading for more information.
How to backup Samsung s7 to Pc?
Yes, you can backup Samsung S7 data on your PC. There are a variety of methods and applications made available by third parties that may be used to back up Samsung data on a PC.
The Samsung Smart Switch application, which enables users to back up any sort of file from their Samsung mobile device onto their personal computers, is, however, the simplest and quickest option for backing up a Samsung S7 to a computer.
Here’s another steps you can also do:
1. Connect your mobile device to your personal computer using a USB cord.
2. After that, select the Allow option on your phone.
3. Next, on your PC, go to the Smart Switch settings menu and open it.
4. To finish, select the Backup option.
What is Samsung Smart Switch?
Using Samsung Smart Switch, you can move almost all of your content—including messages, contacts, photos, music, videos, calendars, and notes—to virtually any Samsung Galaxy device.
Getting a new phone comes with a few minor drawbacks, the most significant of which is needing to transfer all of your vital data manually. You should not be concerned because Smart Switch makes it possible for you to easily transfer files such as contacts, images, messages, and other forms of data. You can also use your personal or mac computer to generate a backup of the files on your previous phone, and then you may transfer or sync those files to your new Galaxy phone.
Note: Your phone must be running Android 4.3 or iOS 4.2.1 or later in order for you to use Smart Switch.
5 Methods On How To Samsung Backup to Pc Software
It is possible that losing all of those crucial files stored on your phone will be your worst nightmare at some point. It is imperative that you are familiar with the processes involved in backing up your Samsung device to your personal computer if you wish to guarantee the safety of your data.
Transferring one’s data from their mobile device to their personal computer is one way to ensure that their essential files and other papers are kept safe at all times.
METHOD 1: How to Use Smart Switch to Backup Your Samsung S7 to Your Computer
How to Use Smart Switch to Backup Your Samsung S7 to Your Computer
Get Smart Switch
Before you begin collecting all of your files, you should make sure that your personal computer satisfies the prerequisites necessary to make use of Smart Switch. Visit the Smart Switch page and pick Requirements from the drop-down menu under the Overview section to determine whether or not the program is compatible with your computer. Choose the method you want to use to download it if you meet the prerequisites for doing so.
Create a backup on your PC
Following the installation of Smart Switch, you will be required to create a backup of the content on your previous phone and store it on your computer or laptop.
- After connecting your phone to your computer with a USB cord, navigate to the settings menu on your device and select the Allow option.
- The next step is to go to Smart Switch on your computer and open it. After that, click the Backup button.
- You will see a list of the many data categories (Apps, Call log, etc.) that you have the ability to back up.
- The default choice is “Select all,” however you have the ability to deselect individual items if you so choose. When you are ready, select the OK button.
- Your computer will begin the process of backing up the data on your phone, which could take several minutes. When it is finished, a screen will show to let you know that it has been finished. Make sure you click OK.
- In the Smart Switch app, a backup data list may be found.
If your personal computer does not have a USB-C port, you can still connect your phone to your computer by using an OTG adapter and a USB cable. On the other hand, if you have a cable that converts lightning to USB-C or a cable that converts USB-C to USB-C, you won’t need an adapter because it will just plug into your device.
Please take note that a USB-OTG adapter is included in the package with the Galaxy S10+, S10, S10e, Note10+, and Note10+ 5G, as well as the Z Flip. This adapter is not included with any of our more recent models.
Method 2: Using Copy and Paste, you may Back Up Your Samsung Photos.
This is most likely the simplest approach to obtain a backup of your Samsung device on your PC. The fact that Galaxy phones can still be linked to your computer using the standard cables and connectors is one of the best things about these phones. Transferring your files from your phone to your computer in the most straightforward manner possible is all that is required of you.
Follow these straightforward instructions to copy and paste your data.
1. If you are using Android 4.0 or a later version, open “Settings” on your device, and then navigate to the “Developer Options” section.
2. Now, make sure that you are able to connect your device as a storage device by using the USB port by checking the “USB Debugging” option.
3. A notification will appear on your screen whenever you use your phone. To allow it, click the “Ok” button.
4. If you are using an older version of Android, you can locate this option in the “Applications” menu under the heading “Development.”
5. To use your phone as a USB unit, you may need to navigate to “Wireless & Networks” and then select “USB Utilities” in various versions of the operating system.
6. Now, using the USB cable, connect your phone to the computer you’re using. It will produce a console that displays the memory on your phone when it is activated. To back up your Samsung phone to your computer, all you need to do is select the files you want to copy and then paste them in the appropriate area.
It is the quickest and easiest method for transferring files. On the other hand, if your mobile device is infected with a virus or other malicious software, it may spread to your personal computer or vice versa. We strongly advise making use of an interface that was built by trained professionals in order to steer clear of undesirable scenarios.
Method 3: The adb Utility Being Utilized
For the purposes of this procedure, I will presume that you are working on a Windows computer.
TIP: If the problem is with your computer, laptop, or notebook, you should try using Restoro Repair, which can check the repositories and replace missing or corrupt data. If the problem is with your computer, laptop, or notebook, try using Restoro Repair.
This solution is effective in the vast majority of situations, particularly those in which the problem was caused by a corruption in the system. Simply by clicking this link, you will be able to obtain Restoro.
- Ensure that the Samsung USB drivers and adb application are installed properly on your PC.
- Utilizing a USB cord, link your Galaxy S7 to your personal computer.
- To enable USB Debugging on your S7, go to Settings > About, then click the toggle button. Eight times, tap the Build Number. Return to the main page for configuring your device’s settings, and from there, go to Settings > Developer options > Enable USB Debugging Mode.
- While holding down the Windows key, press the R key on the keyboard. After typing cmd, hit the enter key.
- At the prompt for entering commands in Windows, write the following: adb backup -apk -shared -all -f Path/To/Filename.ab If it asks you to approve your computer, you should go ahead and do so.
- On your S7, a dialog will pop up asking you whether you want to perform a full backup. Tap Backup my files. The completion of this process is going to take a number of minutes. When the process is finished, you will be notified, and then you will be sent back to the home screen.
- While your device is connected and the command prompt is open, type the following command to restore: adb restore Path/To/Filename.ab
- When prompted, tap the Restore my data option when it appears on your screen.
A helpful hint is that the Google Play Store contains a number of programs that can assist you in backing up and restoring your smartphone in an easy and convenient manner.
Method 4: How to Create a Backup on Samsung Cloud for Your Galaxy Device
Using Samsung Cloud to back up your data on your Samsung Galaxy S7 or S7 Edge, S8 or S8 Plus, S9 or S9 Plus is the second way for backing up your data. However, this service only provides 15 GB of free storage, which means that you will need to purchase additional cloud storage if you need to back up more than 15 GB of information.
Now let’s have a look at the guide for the backup process for the Samsung Galaxy.
Step 1: First, navigate to “Settings,” then scroll down until you find the “Cloud and account” option, and then press on it. Now tap on “Samsung Cloud”.
Step 2: If you haven’t already signed in to your account, you will be prompted to do so at this point. At this point, activate the sliding buttons that are located next to each item that you want to backup. To select more backup options, such as texts, images, and so on, tap on the “Backup my data” button.
Step 3: You may also search for additional settings by clicking the “MORE” button. Some of these choices include sync on and sync now. If you wish to begin syncing right away, select the “Sync Now” option.
Step 4: Select the “Backup Now” option from the menu to begin backing up your data.
Method 5: Dr.Phone Fone’s Backup can let you back up your Samsung phone (Android)
You will have the ability to create backups of your data with Dr. Fone in the easiest possible way. It is a really useful tool and has a very streamlined user interface. Not only would you be able to move your files without any loss of quality, but you would also have the option of selecting the specific types of data that you choose to store in a backup.
Following these simple steps, you will learn how to backup your Samsung Galaxy S3 to your computer or any other mobile device.
1. Check to see if Dr.Fone is already installed on your personal computer.
2. Connect your phone to your personal computer using a USB cord.
3. You will receive a notification from Dr.Fone as soon as your device is successfully connected.
4. It will provide you with a wide variety of possibilities, such as data recovery and recovery for SD cards, among other options. After clicking More Tools, select Phone Backup from the drop-down menu.
5. The user interface will present a number of different types of data that can be backed up to your computer. These types of data include contacts, images, calendar events, data from applications, call history, and more. Choose the items that you would want to have a backup of.
6. To begin transferring your data, simply select the “Backup” button on the application’s main screen.
7. Once the backup process has been completed, you will receive a notification and a copy of the data that was successfully backed up at that point in time.
It’s not hard, is it? Using this incredible tool, you can easily upload your Samsung backup to your personal computer with just the press of a button. However, while it is possible to use it to back up and restore data, it is not possible to upgrade your device’s firmware. It’s possible that you’ll require the assistance of Kies to accomplish this.
Method 6: What are the steps I need to take to back up my Samsung Galaxy S7 to my Samsung account?
How can I back up my Samsung Galaxy S7 if I don’t have access to a computer? Using a Samsung account is the solution, as suggested by me. It gives you the ability to back up your data to Samsung’s cloud storage directly.
As a result, as long as there is connectivity to the network, you will be able to back up and restore your Samsung Galaxy S7. However, it is able to back up your settings, as well as your clock, messages, and call records.
The following is a guide on how to back up your Samsung S7 to your Samsung account:
Step 1: Launch the App That Controls Your Settings.
Please select the Settings app by clicking the Apps folder on the screen and selecting there. The next step is to scroll up the screen until you find the option that says “Backup and reset.”
Step 2: The second step is to log into your Samsung account.
After that, select the “Back up my data” function, and a window will go up asking you to sign in with your Samsung account.
Step 3: Turn on the Automatic Backup Function
After that, please make sure that the “Auto back up” symbol is enabled and then select “OK” from the list of available options for confirmation. Additionally, activate the backup symbols for each type of data. It won’t be long before it’s over.
The following is a guide that will show you how to recover backup files from your Samsung account:
Step 1: Navigate to the Feature Named “Restore”
Launch the Settings app, then select “Backup and reset” > “Restore” from the menu that appears.
Step 2: Restore Data
Step 3: The next step is to restore the data from your backup onto your Galaxy phone. Please hold off till I finish.
Additional reading: Is it possible to import text messages from Samsung phones onto a personal computer? Sure. Remove these four possible solutions, thank you.
How can I use the Built-in Backup and Reset Function on Samsung Phones to Create a Backup?
When it comes to backing up data on a Samsung Galaxy S or Note series cellphone, this method requires some fairly straightforward procedures. You can back up your Gmail settings, Google Calendar, Google Play apps, networks and passwords, backgrounds, and the settings and data for third-party applications by using the “Backup and Reset” tool on your smartphone (app-dependent).
Step 1: First, you’ll need to unlock your Samsung devices and look for the “Settings” app on them.
Step 2: After you have selected it, click on it, and then scroll down until you find “Backup and Reset.” Tap on it.
Step 3: Now, tap the checkbox that’s located next to “Back up my data” to confirm that your information has been saved.
Our Final Thoughts On How To Backup Samsung s7 To Pc
All possible methods for backing up a Samsung Galaxy S9, S8, S7, or another device to a computer or the cloud are outlined here. Which approach do you favor the most, and why?
Or, if you know of any other viable alternatives, please share them.
I would appreciate it if you could let me know which option you choose by making a brief comment in the space designated for that purpose, and if you are unsure how to choose,either that, or you don’t want to test each of these options individually.
You can easily download dr.fone- Backup &Restore (Android), and using it on your desktop computer will provide you the greatest experience possible when it comes to backing up and restoring your data.
FAQ’S On How To Backup Samsung s7 To Pc
How can I backup my Samsung Galaxy S7 to my laptop?
After connecting your phone to your computer with a USB cord, navigate to the settings menu on your device and select the Allow option. The next step is to go to Smart Switch on your computer and open it. After that, click the Backup button.
What are the steps I need to take to back up my Samsung phone on my computer?
You can use Wi-Fi or a USB cable to connect your phone to your computer. Once it is connected, go to the settings menu on your Samsung phone and select “Allow.” On your computer, navigate to and launch the Smart Switch application. Next, click the “Backup” button. The process of creating a backup of the data on your Samsung phone will start automatically on your computer and could take a few minutes.
What are the steps I need to take to thoroughly back up my Samsung phone?
Tap Accounts and backup after navigating to it from the Settings menu. To access your Samsung account, pick it after tapping the Manage accounts button. After tapping Sync account, select the “Auto back up” option. Take note that if the option to automatically back up data does not show, this means that the feature is not supported by your carrier.