We receive many questions from new Samsung Galaxy A51 users, and one of the most frequently asked is how to turn off the Samsung Galaxy A51 smartphone.
The Galaxy A51 and other more recent Samsung Galaxy series devices are notoriously difficult to turn off, and you are not alone in feeling this way!
The Samsung Galaxy A51 is equipped with a side key in place of a power button.
Essentially, long-pressing the power key will launch Bixby by default instead of the power menu, which is a convenient feature.
The side key, on the other hand, can be customized.
It is possible that you have a question about how to turn off or restart Galaxy A51.
This post contains the solution to the question of how to turn off or restart Galaxy A51.
There are four different methods for turning off or performing a soft reset on the Samsung Galaxy A51.
They are, in fact.
- Making use of hardware keys.
- Method for creating a quick panel.
- The Bixby method is a method of organizing information.
- Changing the appearance of the Side key
Rather than bringing up the Power menu on your Samsung Galaxy A51 when you press and hold it, the Bixby is activated instead when you press and hold it.
Consequently, the question is: how do you turn off your Samsung Galaxy A51 phone?
Please continue reading.
Fortunately, there are methods by which you can turn off Galaxy A51 on your computer.
Let us begin with the first of these:
Method 1: Make use of the Power Icon that is already there.
1. Swipe down from the top of the screen in a sweep-like motion to bring up the quick settings menu.
2. The power icon is located at the top-right of the screen, to the left of the ‘Settings’ button.
3. To access the power menu, tap on the power icon on the toolbar.
4. In the power menu, you will find three icons that are as follows:
- The ‘Power Off’ button is located on the toolbar.
- The ‘Restart’ icon is displayed.
- The ‘Emergency’ icon is displayed.
5. To turn off your Samsung Galaxy A51 smartphone, select the ‘Power off’ icon from the notification bar.
6. At that point, the phone will ring.
That is a fairly straightforward procedure.
The fact that Samsung has replaced the power button with a power icon has thrown the majority of users off their game.
This implies that you do not need to press any buttons on your phone before turning it off.
Method 2: The Volume Up and Down Buttons
1. Using your right edge buttons, hold down the Power and Volume Down buttons together until you see the message “Power off,” then release the buttons.
Note: Alternatively, if the device is not responding, try the other method.
2. Press the Restart button on your keyboard.
3. To confirm, press the Restart button.
Note: If your device does not power back on after a few attempts, partially charge it before attempting again.
Method 3: Using Bixby as an example
1. Press and hold the Power button for several seconds until the Bixby logo appears on the screen.
2. After that, say something like “Power down,” “Turn off,” or something similar.
Bixby will inquire, “Do you want me to turn off your phone?” in order to confirm your request for service. or something along those lines
3. To turn off the device, either respond Yes or press the Power Off button on the device’s front panel.
4. Important information: These methods are compatible with all Samsung devices that run the One UI 2.0 operating system.
For example, M31, M30s, or something similar would be appropriate.
Method 4: Creating a customized side key
1. Navigate to the Quick panel and press the power icon.
2. Select the Side Key Configuration option.
3. Press and hold the Power off menu button until it appears.
4. Press and hold the side key to bring up the power menu.
5. The power menu will be displayed.
6. The following are four different methods for turning off the Samsung Galaxy A51.
Another method of accessing the ‘Side key settings’ is through the Galaxy A51 settings menu system. Here’s how it’s done:
- Navigate to the device’s settings.
- Scroll down until you reach the section titled “Advanced features.”
- At the top of the page, in the advanced feature menu, select the ‘Side key’ option.
- Activating your phone with a single press on the Galaxy A51 side button brings it to life while holding it for a long period of time brings up the ‘Power’ menu. From there, select the
- ‘Power off’ icon to turn off your phone.
- This method disables Bixby and returns the power function to the side button, just as it did in previous Samsung Galaxy series models from the past.
How about TURNING On the Samsung A51?
The side button on your Galaxy A51 device, just like on other Android devices, can be used to turn on the device.
Here’s how it’s done:
1. Press and hold the dedicated Bixby button (side button) until your Galaxy A51 comes to life, then release it.
2. Depending on whether you have enabled device security, you will be prompted to enter your device pin or draw your secret pattern.
3. Your phone will be ready to use as soon as it has been turned on.
4. The following are the reasons why Samsung is replacing the power button with an icon in the quick settings menu on its smartphones:
As part of its Bixby wake button conversion, Samsung is converting the side button.
To keep your phone from accidentally turning off while it is in your pocket or bag because if it does, you will miss out on a lot of calls and messages from family and friends if this happens.
Bonus: How to perform a hard reset on the Samsung A51
It is possible that you will be using the phone and will be caught and will not answer.
In these instances, you must take the following actions:
First, we’ll take a look at what to do.
The following steps must be taken in order to force the mobile device to shut down and restart.
- Press and hold all of the buttons on your keyboard at the same time.
- The power button for low volume
Step No. 2
You will be able to observe how the phone restarts and whether or not the various problems have been resolved.
As a result of correctly performing the aforementioned procedure, it will be observed that the Samsung Galaxy A40 will begin to restart after a few seconds.
Our Final Thoughts
Surprisingly, turning off the Samsung Galaxy smartphone is a straightforward process.
Follow the steps and you will no longer have to be concerned about how to turn off your Samsung A51 device in a timely manner.
Frequently Ask Questions
What is the best way to turn off my Samsung Galaxy A51 5G?
To turn off the Samsung Galaxy A51 5G, press and hold the Bixby button on the side of the device while simultaneously pressing and holding the volume down button.
How to turn off Samsung galaxy without a Pin number?
How to turn off a Samsung Galaxy without entering a PIN number is as follows:
1. Press and hold the Volume Down and Power buttons for 10-15 seconds, or until you feel the device vibrate. It’s fine if I held it for a lot longer than was absolutely necessary.
2. Press the volume down button to move the selection all the way down to the “Power down” option.
3. Select and confirm “Power down” by pressing the Bixby button.
Why am I unable to turn off my Samsung smartphone?
If you are unable to power off your phone using the power button or the touch screen controls, you can try performing a forced restart.
Despite the fact that it may sound a little aggressive, a force restart is completely safe, provided that it is not overused.
Simply press and hold the power button as well as the volume down button for approximately ten seconds.