How to Connect a Samsung Galaxy Watch to Your Phone? [Follow these Easy Steps!]
How to Connect a Samsung Galaxy Watch to Your Phone?
Samsung’s Galaxy Watch is the most feature-rich and popular smartwatch brand.
It allows you to stay connected to all of the features you want without having to reach for your phone.
You can call, text, listen to music, pay bills, track activities, and receive notifications all from your wrist.
It has many impressive features as a top rival to Apple Watch.
Because of its excellent battery life, you can use it for longer periods of time while leaving your phone at home.
Anyone would wonder if the Samsung Galaxy Watch works with the iPhone.
However, the Samsung Galaxy Watch can be connected to an iPhone via the official app.
WHAT TO KNOW
- A single phone can be connected to a Samsung watch at a time. To connect to a new phone, do the following: Reset the watch and then connect it to the new phone.
- To get your watch ready, reset it: open Settings > General > Connect to new Samsung phone > Next > Finish.
- After you’ve reset your watch: Install the appropriate watch app on your phone, then launch it and tap your watch when it appears.
HOW DO I CONNECT MY SAMSUNG WATCH TO MY PHONE?
When you set up a Samsung Galaxy Watch, you must connect the watch to a phone. In the future, you can connect your watch to a different phone, but it can only connect to one phone at a time. That means your watch must be backed up and reset before you can connect it to your phone unless you’re connecting it to the phone you used to set up the watch in the first place.
If you try to connect your Samsung watch to the phone you used to set it up, the two devices should connect if they are both turned on, Bluetooth is turned on, and there isn’t too much wireless interference. Here’s how to reconnect a Samsung watch to the phone that was used to set it up in the first place:
- Put the phone and the watch together.
- Turn on Bluetooth on your phone.
- Turn on the Bluetooth on the watch.
- The watch will communicate with the phone.
The Galaxy Wearable app must be installed on your smartphone in order to connect your watch to it. Swipe up or down on the home screen to access the Apps tray > Samsung folder > Galaxy Wearable app if it is installed.
Note: To install the Galaxy Wearable app, go to the home screen and search for Galaxy Wearable > INSTALL > ACCEPT > OPEN.
HOW TO CONNECT A SAMSUNG WATCH TO A NEW PHONE?
To connect a Samsung watch to a new phone or repair a broken connection, you must reset your Galaxy watch. It’s also a good idea to back up your watch data and settings in case you lose anything during the process. You can connect the watch to any compatible phone after you’ve reset it.
NOTE: Samsung watches are designed to work best with Samsung phones, but they also work well with other Android devices. A Samsung watch can be connected to an iPhone with limited functionality, but some Samsung watches do not work with iPhones. During the setup process, for example, the Galaxy Watch iPhone app will attempt to connect to a Galaxy Watch 4, but the connection will fail.
Here’s how to pair a Samsung watch with a phone:
- From the main watch face, swipe up.
- Select Settings.
- Select General.
- Select Connect to new phone.
- If you want to keep your watch’s settings and other data, tap Back up data and follow the prompts on your phone.
- Tap the Continue button.
- In order to connect to a new phone, your watch will be factory reset. Set your watch aside and pick up the phone to which you wish to connect.
- Install the app Galaxy Wearable (Android) or Galaxy Watch (iPhone).
- Press the Start button.
- Wait for the app to find your watch, then tap it when it appears.
- The pair should be tapped.
- Select Sign in.
- Tap the Continue button.
- Allow should be selected.
- Select Agree.
- Allow time for the watch to connect.
- If prompted, tap Continue or sign in to Google.
- If you backed up your watch data in step five, tap Next; otherwise, skip.
- Wait for the backup to be restored by the app.
- Your Samsung smartwatch is now linked.
WHY WON’T MY SAMSUNG WATCH CONNECT TO MY PHONE?
If your Samsung watch does not connect to your phone, ensure that Bluetooth is turned on on both your phone and your watch. You can also try restarting your phone and your Samsung watch to see if they can connect. If there is a lot of wireless interference, you can also try moving your phone and watch to a less-interfering location.
If you want to connect your Samsung watch to an iPhone, keep in mind that some Samsung watches are incompatible with iOS. For example, your iPhone can find a Samsung Galaxy Watch 4 and even attempt to connect, but the connection will fail. If you’re having trouble connecting or setting up your watch for the first time, make sure it’s compatible with your phone.
FAQs About Connect a Samsung Galaxy Watch to Your Phone
Why isn’t my Samsung watch communicating with my phone?
Restart your watch if it will not pair with a phone or if it randomly disconnects. Check that the Galaxy wearable app is up to date as well, but it may be necessary to reset the app and unpair your watch.
How do I pair my watch with my phone?
Install the “Wear OS by Google Smartwatch” app on your phone from the Google Play Store. Turn on Bluetooth on your watch. Open the Wear OS app on your phone and go through the initial setup process. Select “I agree.”
Can the Galaxy Watch communicate with any Android phone?
Phones with Android 6.0 and RAM of 1.5 GB or higher are supported for the Galaxy Watch, Galaxy Watch3, Galaxy Watch Active, and Galaxy Watch Active2. Galaxy Watch4, Galaxy Watch4 Classic: Android 6.0 phones with RAM of 1.5 GB or higher are supported. Google Mobile device Services must also be supported by the phone.
Why isn’t my phone communicating with my watch?
If you’re having trouble connecting your watch and phone, make sure your phone’s operating system is compatible (Android 6.0+ and iOS 10.0+) and that the Wear OS by Google app is up to date. Then, check to see if Bluetooth is enabled on your phone, then disable and re-enable it.
Can I use my Samsung watch instead of my phone?
Keep in Touch – No Matter Where Your Day Takes You. Users of the Samsung Galaxy Watch can also enjoy a true standalone experience with LTE connectivity. They can answer calls, respond to text messages, use GPS mapping, stream music, and more all from their wrist, without having to dig into their pockets for a smartphone.