As an Amazon Prime Video subscriber, you can access many series and films combined with other Amazon Prime benefits. Like Netflix or HBO Max, Amazon Prime offers 4K-quality streaming with many available films.
You only need to launch the application on your preferred device. However, this is only sometimes the case. For example, have you launched your favorite film on Amazon Prime Video only to discover that it is unavailable for 4K streaming? That’s aggravating, but don’t worry; various solutions are available.
There is no reason to settle for worse video quality. We’ll assist you in isolating the issue, from ensuring that the title is accessible in 4K to determining whether the issue is on your end. Once you’ve identified the problem, you’re only a few simple steps away from a solution.
ENSURE THAT 4K CONTENT IS AVAILABLE
Not every title on Amazon Prime Video is available in 4K quality. Frequently, older movies and television shows do not support that format, and even some contemporary films may be inaccessible for various reasons, including licensing restrictions and technological issues.
Therefore, your chosen title may appear less than flawless, not owing to an error on Amazon’s part, but because the title may not support 4K in the first place.
Amazon provides a list of 4K titles, so it’s easy to determine if the one you want to watch is one of them. First, visit Amazon’s official website to view all 4K offers.
As the list is already filtered down, it could be more obvious that you cannot check for specifics within the results. However, you can also enter the title of your film or television show into the search bar above to determine if it is available on Prime Video and in 4K.
You can also search Amazon Prime Video directly. Any version of “4K,” “4K movies ultra HD,” “4K film,” or even something more particular, such as “4K romantic comedies,” should return a list of films that are currently available to watch online. If you could identify your title on one of these lists, but it still needs to be more impressive, further difficulties may be at play.
EXAMINE YOUR NETWORK CONNECTION
If your desired title is available in 4K, the internet connection is one of the most common offenders. Streaming in 4K is more demanding than streaming in 1080p or below, so if you constantly need to get the results you want, check your Internet connection.
Amazon requires a minimum internet connection speed of 15 Mbps for 4K streaming. So if you have broadband, you have it, although mobile connections may struggle to match this criterion. However, there are a few actions you may take to verify.
- You may confirm that your connection can be 15 Mbps by contacting your internet service provider and conducting an online speed test. If your Internet connection is slower than required, you must contact your service provider to improve your package or see if something needs to be fixed.
- Check to discover if your connection is being throttled and if your internet package supports speeds of 15 Mbps or higher, but you need to achieve them.
- Close other applications to prevent them from wasting bandwidth.
- If you are using a VPN, disable it and retry. VPN can significantly slow down your internet connection.
- Restart your modem by unplugging it, letting it sit for a minute or two, and then plugging it back in.
- You may contact your internet service provider if you need help with these solutions.
CHECK IF YOUR GADGET SUPPORTS 4K RESOLUTION.
Similar to how not every internet connection can support 4K streaming, only some gadgets can deliver 4K quality. Amazon requires an “ultra HD television with at least one HDMI input that supports HDCP 2.2” This need also applies to your home theater’s remaining components, including sound bars and HDMI receivers.
The chances may also be stacked against you if you view the game on a different device, such as a laptop or a mobile phone. Verify that you can view in 4K by completing the steps below.
- Determine if your device is capable of 4K streaming. This varies from brand to brand, although it is supported by more recent, expensive cell phones. Websites and apps such as YouTube maintain 4K streaming quality regardless of screen size, so don’t dismiss it simply because it’s a smartphone.
- However, older phones may need to be more adequate for the task. If you are watching on television and Amazon Prime is available, the television can likely support 4K resolution. Many contemporary televisions do.
- However, cheaper and smaller TVs may be limited to 1080p, so check the specifications of your specific model.
- If you do not have a device capable of 4K streaming, a media streaming stick such as the Amazon Fire TV Stick 4K is a viable alternative.
REINSTALL AMAZON’S MOBILE APP
Assuming that your device and connection are functional, the issue could be with Amazon. Reinstalling the Amazon Prime Video app is one way to verify that everything is functioning.
This procedure varies from device to device. Remember that if you need help with these solutions, you may need to contact Amazon Prime Video directly for more specialized assistance.
REINSTALL AMAZON PRIME VIDEO ON A TV:
- Press the button on the remote that typically retrieves intelligent TV applications.
- Locate the app store using the menu.
- Locate the Amazon Prime Video page and uninstall it.
- Restart your television, repeat the instructions above, then reinstall Prime.
REINSTALLING AMAZON PRIME VIDEO ON A MOBILE DEVICE:
- Visit the Google Play or Apple App Store app stores, depending on your device.
- Search for Prime Video on Amazon.
- Stop the application and uninstall it entirely.
- Install and relaunch it.
Amazon Prime Video is a website on PCs and laptops running Windows or macOS, not a separate application. Unfortunately, you cannot reinstall it. However, however you may try clearing your cache to see if it helps you begin 4K streaming.
There are tips available to assist you with clearing the cache on Google Chrome, Firefox, and Windows 10. Clearing the cache will log you out of all services but will not destroy any saved passwords.
FAQs On Prime Video UHD Not Working
How can I activate UHD streaming on Amazon Prime?
In the Amazon Prime Video TV app, look for the HDR logo or mentions of UDH or Ultra HD. Then, using a term like Amazon 4K movies, search for 4K material in the app or on the web. The search device must support 4K to display 4K material.
Why does 4K UHD not function?
You may use an incompatible port if your television cannot display 4K material. Try another port or consult the TV’s documentation to determine which ports should be used for UHD. HDMI 2.1 is still relatively rare.
Why does Amazon’s Prime Video not support HD?
To validate this, check your display’s specifications to ensure it supports 1080P or greater. If not, it signifies that your device only supports 720P streaming. Use a 1080P monitor on desktop computers to stream HD content from Amazon Prime.
How do I know whether Prime offers UHD content?
Similarly, you can search for ‘4K’ or ‘Ultra HD’ to find videos with the highest resolution. Nonetheless, the search results may be partial. For example, only by clicking on a TV show or movie can you determine if it is 4K.
I am Trevor Eason an entrepreneur, a designer, web developer, and software engineer currently living in Dallas, TX. My interests range from technology to photography. I am also interested in entrepreneurship, gaming, and basketball. I run my own Tech Win Reviews blog. Hope you will join me for all your Samsung and Tech Reviews and recommendations.