Amazon Prime Video is a subscription-based video-on-demand over-the-top (OTT) streaming platform operated by Amazon.com, Inc., that provides customers with a standalone service for streaming content.
However, Amazon Prime Video may occasionally not work on Windows 11 for unforeseeable reasons, which may destroy your streaming experience or mood. If you’re experiencing the same issue, you can repair it by following this troubleshooting instruction.
In certain circumstances, the Amazon Prime Video service may be suspended due to technical faults or server-side issues.
In contrast, it’s also likely that your web browser or program is out-of-date, that browser cache data is causing an issue, that your internet connection isn’t functioning correctly, that you’re using a VPN service on your computer that conflicts with server connections, etc. So, what is the answer?
7 WAYS TO FIX AMAZON PRIME VIDEO NOT WORKING ON A LAPTOP
The problem is frequent among Windows users, including Windows 11 users. Here are a few potential remedies that should entirely resolve the issue with Prime Video not working on your PC. Therefore, let’s get started without further delay.
1. MODERNIZE YOUR BROWSER
Ensure you upgrade your PC’s web browser to resolve many problems and stability concerns. Follow the instructions below to check for browser upgrades, for instance, if you’re using the Google Chrome browser to watch content from Amazon Prime Video.
- Start Google Chrome. Click the Menu (symbol of three vertical dots) in the upper-right corner.
- Select Settings > About Chrome from the Menu on the left.
- The Chrome system will check for available updates automatically. If an update is available, it will be downloaded and installed automatically.
- After completion, restart your Chrome browser.
Note: The procedures may vary somewhat if you use a different web browser, but the actual Windows procedure will remain the same.
2. DETERMINE THE INTERNET CONNECTION
An inadequate or inconsistent internet connection might cause trouble with online streaming applications or servers.
To eliminate buffering or server connectivity issues when streaming Amazon Prime Video content on your Windows 11 PC, ensure you have a steady and quicker internet connection. If you are using Wi-Fi, switch to wired (ethernet) or vice versa to determine the cause of the problem. Otherwise, request an upgrade from your Internet service provider.
3. INSTALL SILVERLIGHT FROM MICROSOFT
Even though Microsoft Silverlight is a deprecated application framework for Windows to execute web apps correctly, we recommend that you install the Microsoft Silverlight program on Windows 11 using the link provided by Microsoft to check for the problem.
4. CLEAR CACHE AND COOKIES FROM YOUR BROWSER
Occasionally, the web browser’s cache and cookies can result in several loading problems or server error redirection. Therefore, it can be resolved by emptying the browser’s cache and cookies. For instance, if you’re using Chrome, you can follow the instructions below:
- Open Google Chrome > Click the Menu (symbol of three vertical dots) in the upper right corner of the browser screen.
- Now, hover over the More Tools field to expand the drop-down Menu.
- Click Clear browsing history.
- Next, set the Time range according to your preferences under the Basic tab.
- Then check the boxes next to Browsing history, Cookies and other site data, and Cache pictures and files.
- To conclude, click Clear data.
- After completing the steps, restart Chrome and verify whether the issue has been resolved.
Note: The specific stages may differ if you use a different web browser, but the overall procedure will be the same in most cases.
5. TURN OFF VPN AND PROXY
You should disable the VPN and proxy server on your Windows 11 computer to determine if the server connectivity problem has been resolved. Following the procedures listed below, you must first disable the Proxy.
- Windows + R will launch the Run dialog box.
- Input inetcpl.CPL into the dialogue box and press the OK button.
- Select Never dial a connection after clicking on the Connections tab (if available).
- Select LAN settings > Deselect Utilize a proxy server for your local area network.
- If this option is already deactivated, attempt to activate Automatically detect settings.
- Click the Accept button to apply changes.
Now, if you are utilizing a VPN service on your PC via an application, be careful to disable the VPN service or uninstall the application until the issue has been resolved.
6. TRY UTILIZING A MOBILE HOTSPOT
You can also briefly use your Windows 11 mobile hotspot to determine if the Amazon Prime Video not working issue has been resolved. If the issue is no longer occurring, you should contact your Internet service provider and request technical support.
7. RESTART AMAZON PRIME VIDEOS FOR WINDOWS APP
If none of the suggested solutions worked, uninstall and reinstall the Amazon Prime Videos for Windows application on your Windows 11 computer and recheck for the issue. The likelihood that the desktop application has difficulties is high. Therefore, it is best to remove the application and reinstall it. To do so:
- Press Windows + I to access Settings.
- Select Apps followed by Apps & features.
- Look for the Amazon Prime Video for Windows app in the list of installed programs.
- Click the symbol with three vertical dots next to Amazon Prime Video for Windows.
- Select Uninstall and confirm the action to remove the application permanently.
- Restart the computer to implement changes.
- Finally, visit the Microsoft Store and perform a search for Amazon Prime Videos for Windows.
- Install the desktop application > To begin, launch the application and sign into the account.
That’s all, fellas. We assume you found this helpful guide. For more questions, please leave a comment below.
FAQs On Prime Video Not Working On A Laptop
Why does Prime Video not work with Chrome?
If you cannot access Amazon Prime using Google Chrome, it may be because of a virtual private network (VPN). Although VPNs secure your network and data from hackers, they can often cause connection issues. Therefore, we recommend disabling your VPN before using Amazon Prime on your browser to avoid any issues.
Why won’t my Prime Video load?
Try unplugging and rejoining your Wi-Fi router for 30 seconds. Sign out and then back into your Amazon Prime Video account. Next, delete the Amazon Prime Video app installed on your device, reinstall it, and log in. Finally, restart the gadget currently in use.
Is Amazon Prime compatible with Chrome?
To use Prime Video with Google Chromecast, you must have the most recent version of the Prime Video app for iOS or Android. Then, select the Cast icon within the Prime Video app.
I am Trevor Eason an entrepreneur, a designer, web developer, and software engineer currently living in Dallas, TX. My interests range from technology to photography. I am also interested in entrepreneurship, gaming, and basketball. I run my own Tech Win Reviews blog. Hope you will join me for all your Samsung and Tech Reviews and recommendations.