How to Install a VPN for Samsung Smart TV? in  (HIde Your Privacy!)
How to Install a VPN for Samsung Smart TV? A VPN may be your solution if you want to keep your privacy while streaming content or surfing the internet.
A VPN connects your device to a secure server, encrypting all of your traffic and shielding you from prying eyes.
There are numerous VPNs available, making it difficult to determine which one is best for you. In this article, we will demonstrate how to set up a VPN on a Samsung Smart TV.
If you need a VPN right away. Visit NordVPN for 68% off + 3 Months FREE
What is a VPN?
What is VPN? VPN is an abbreviation for “virtual private network,” which is a service that protects your internet connection and online privacy. It encrypts your data, protects your online identity by masking your IP address, and allows you to safely use public Wi-Fi hotspots.
What does a VPN do?
When you attempt to access a website, your ISP (Internet Service Provider) typically receives the request and directs you to your destination.
When you connect to a VPN, your internet traffic is routed through a VPN server before being sent to your destination. When you connect to a VPN, the following happens:
How does a VPN work?
A VPN covers up your IP address by directing it through a specially configured remote server run by a VPN host. This means that if you use a VPN to surf the web, the VPN server becomes the source of your data.
This means that your ISP and other third parties cannot see which websites you visit or what data you send and receive online.
A VPN acts as a filter, converting all of your data into “gibberish.” Even if someone were to obtain your data, it would be useless.
3 Ways to Install and Set Up Samsung Smart TV VPN
1. How to Install a VPN on Samsung Smart TV with Router
- Download a VPN. I recommend ExpressVPN because its fast speeds allow you to watch any TV show or movie on your Samsung TV without lag.
- Check to see if your router is VPN-compatible. A VPN will not work with all routers. ExpressVPN has compiled a list of the best VPN routers.
- Follow the VPN’s detailed instructions. Most VPNs will include detailed instructions on how to install it on your router.
- Connect to a server in the country from which you want to stream. This will allow you to watch TV shows and movies from that country on the platform you’re using.
- Begin watching whatever TV show or movie you want! You can now access global content to stream on your Samsung Smart TV or any device to which your VPN router is connected.
2. How to Set Up a VPN With Windows Connection Sharing
Here are the instructions for configuring Windows Connection Sharing.
- Install one of the top VPNs for Samsung Smart TVs. ExpressVPN is the best VPN for smart TV streaming because of its fast speeds and unlimited bandwidth.
- Connect to the VPN using a server in the country where you want to access the content.
- In Windows, go to “Mobile Hotspot Settings.”
- Make sure your WiFi network is selected in the “Share my Internet connection from” section.
- To share the VPN connection with other devices, activate the mobile hotspot.
- Connect your new mobile hotspot to your Samsung Smart TV.
- Watch for geo-restricted TV and movies from around the world!
You can share your device’s WiFi connection in addition to setting up connection sharing using an ethernet cable connected from a VPN-protected device to your TV.
While ethernet provides much faster speeds, WiFi is far more convenient. With a VPN installed on your Windows PC, you can simply turn your PC into a Virtual Router and share your VPN connection with your Samsung Smart TV. You will require
- A computer with a Broadcom-based WiFi adapter (most modern computers have them)
- A VPN subscription that uses OpenVPN
- PC administrative privileges
Verify Windows Connection Sharing for VPN
To see if your PC can set up a Connection Settings:
- Enter “Command Prompt” into the Windows search bar, then select “Run as administrator.”
- Enter “netsh wlan show drivers” in the window that appears.
- Look for the phrase “Hosted Network Supported.”
- If it says Yes, your computer can be used to set up a Wireless Hotspot. You may now proceed to create one.
3. How to Use Smart DNS to Set Up a VPN on Your Samsung Smart TV
- Get one of the best VPNs on this list. ExpressVPN comes highly recommended because it includes a Smart DNS feature called MediaStreamer.
- Locate the Smart DNS page on the website of your VPN and activate Smart DNS.
- On your Samsung Smart TV, navigate to the Settings menu.
- Select the Network tab. On some models, you’ll also have to select a Wi-Fi Connection or Ethernet Connection tab, depending on how your TV is connected.
- Open the Network Status tab, then select “IP Settings,” then “DNS Settings,” and finally “Enter manually.”
- Under “Primary DNS,” enter one of the DNS addresses you obtained from your VPN’s website.
- Click OK, restart your television, and begin watching unblocked TV shows and movies from any location!
The one disadvantage of installing a VPN through SmartDNS is that it is not the most private method and does not provide all of the VPN’s features. However, it was the simplest method I discovered for installing a VPN on a Samsung TV.
Top 6 Best Samsung Smart TV VPN
1. NordVPN – Best Overall Online Privacy
GET VPN for Samsung TV
You can quickly connect to one of NordVPN’s high-speed servers in over 59 countries to enjoy buffer-free streaming on any streaming app of your choice.
NordVPN’s SmartPlay Smart DNS service can help you bypass geo-restrictions and watch Netflix, Hulu, BBC iPlayer, Amazon Prime Video, and Disney in HD.
NordVPN, like ExpressVPN, does not provide dedicated router firmware, but you can manually configure it to work on your router. Because of its Open VPN, NordVPN can be used to share your VPN connection between your PC and your Samsung Smart TV.
Another option is to create a mobile hotspot on your PC and connect to your Samsung Smart TV, which only takes a few minutes to set up. This will instantly unblock your favorite shows.
NordVPN apps are available for various devices, including Windows, macOS, Android, iOS, routers, and Linux. You can use up to six devices simultaneously with a single NordVPN subscription.
2. ExpressVPN – Best Runner-Up VPN
When we want to watch our shows without buffering and with consistent speeds, we turn to ExpressVPN.
ExpressVPN has no trouble obtaining a consistent IP address in over 94 countries around the world in order to unblock a variety of services such as HBO, Netflix, Amazon Prime Video, Hulu, BBC iPlayer, and Disney+.
The Media Streamer Smart DNS service from ExpressVPN allows you to stream previously-blocked content at even faster speeds and without encryption. To use this feature on your Samsung Smart TV, simply create a Media Streamer account and enter the IP address into the Smart TV settings.
Setting up this VPN on your router is not as difficult as it may appear, thanks to ExpressVPN’s native router firmware designed specifically for Smart TVs. Once installed on your router, you can freely use your VPN’s features (such as Media Streamer or split tunneling) via a console.
ExpressVPN has apps for Windows, macOS, Android, iOS, routers, Linux, Chromebooks, smart TVs, Amazon Fire TV stick, Apple TV, Android TV, and games consoles available in the App Store or Google Play Store.
Even better, ExpressVPN comes with a 30-day money-back guarantee, so you can try it risk-free. If you are dissatisfied, you can request a refund. To put this to the test, I contacted the 24/7 live chat team and requested a refund, which they processed with no questions asked. The funds were deposited into my bank account within a week. Try their paid VPN option risk-free.
2. CyberGhost VPN – Best Privacy
CyberGhost VPN has dedicated servers for Samsung Smart TV apps such as Netflix in the United States and the United Kingdom, Hulu, NBC, Comedy Central, and YouTube. That means faster and more consistent streams when watching TV and movies on your Samsung Smart TV.
Because these servers are designed for streaming services, you’ll get the fastest speeds for lag-free HD video. I never had to wait for a show or movie to start when I used these servers, and there were no sudden drops in video quality.
When there wasn’t a server dedicated to a specific streaming app, CyberGhost’s location-based servers easily unblocked streaming apps during my tests. I always got buffer-free streams no matter which server I used.
CyberGhost allows you to easily customize your router VPN connection within your web browser to set options such as ad blocking and malware protection, as well as protection from online trackers.
Because CyberGhost is based on OpenVPN, you can also set up the VPN on your PC and share the connection.
4. Surfshark – Protect your Security and Privacy
Surfshark is another good option if you’re looking for a great VPN for Smart TV. Surfshark has servers in over 60 countries, allowing you to quickly establish a VPN connection in whichever country will provide you with access to the content you desire.
Although Surfshark’s speed does not compare to ExpressVPN or NordVPN, its servers are still plenty fast if you want to watch HBO GO, Hulu, Amazon Prime Video, BBC iPlayer, Netflix, or Disney+ without buffering.
Surfshark’s Smart DNS option is simple to set up and connect to your television. Enable the Smart DNS option in your Surfshark account settings, confirm your choice via email, enter the DNS IP address in your Smart TV settings, and connect!
Surfshark has apps for Windows PC, MacOS, Android, iOS, routers, and other platforms, so you can unblock your streaming service on any device.
Surfshark is unique in that it allows for unlimited simultaneous device connections on a single user account!
5. PrivateVPN – Open VPN Protocols
If you’re new to VPNs, PrivateVPN is an excellent choice. PrivateVPN has a ‘Simple’ mode that provides users with all of the basic aspects of a VPN without complicating things with advanced and confusing features.
PrivateVPN also has fast streaming speeds. It has also designated Netflix streaming servers for the United States, United Kingdom, Canada, Germany, Italy, and Peru. While connecting to the New York VPN server, I was able to watch Friday Night Lights without interruption. It wasn’t as fast as ExpressVPN, but it didn’t prevent me from accessing US Netflix libraries.
PrivateVPN can also be installed on your router, making it easy to use on Samsung TVs which lack native compatibility.
When you contact PrivateVPN’s live chat support, you will be connected to a developer rather than a customer agent who is unfamiliar with the technical aspects of the VPN.
Even though they were not available 24 hours a day, the developers were always extremely helpful whenever I contacted them.
PureVPN offers a variety of Samsung Smart TV configuration options because it supports routers, streaming devices, and other types of connection sharing.
You can, for example, install PureVPN on an Amazon Fire Stick to use it with your Samsung Smart TV. Simply plug in your Fire Stick, open the apps, select “Categories,” then “Utility,” and then PureVPN.
It will download and install in a matter of seconds. Then go to “My Apps,” open PureVPN, and connect to any server in the world. You can now access your paid streaming accounts, such as Netflix, and watch hit shows like New Girl.
PureVPN’s website has plenty of simple guides for connection sharing.
Router installation is also an option, with instructions for various router types available. If you get stuck, you can get help from the dedicated 24/7 customer support team.
Samsung Smart TV VPN Compatibility
While it is simple to install VPN apps on Android-based Smart TVs, Samsung Smart TVs do not use this OS; instead, they use Tizen, which is incompatible with VPNs.
Set up your VPN on your router, enable Smart DNS, or use Internet Connection Sharing on Windows to install VPNs on Samsung Smart TVs.
How to Select the Best VPN on Your Samsung TV?
There are several important factors to consider when selecting the best VPN for connecting to your Smart TV:
- Unblocking popular streaming sites – Choose a VPN that is well-known for reliability unblocking the most popular streaming sites.
- Streaming Speed – A good VPN for streaming should have fast connection speeds that allow you to stream anything in HD without buffering.
- Server Size – Any VPN you use should have a variety of servers in a variety of countries so that you can always find a server that works for unblocking any VPN app you want to use.
- Smart DNS – A VPN that includes Smart DNS has a significant advantage over its competitors. This feature enables you to unblock streaming services without encrypting them, resulting in faster streaming speeds.
- Customer Support – It is critical to find a service that provides live customer support 24 hours a day, seven days a week. This way, if you require assistance in setting up a VPN, you will never have to wait.
How to Find the Best VPN for Samsung Smart TV?
With so many different types of streaming services and devices on the market, finding the right VPN for your Samsung Smart TV can be a daunting task.
- High speeds — VPNs are notorious for slowing down connections. A VPN that is suitable for streaming must have fast connection speeds so that you can stream in HD and 4K without buffering issues.
- Capabilities for unblocking top streaming sites — If your VPN is detected, most streaming services will block your access to their services. As a result, you should select a VPN that has been tested with a variety of streaming services.
- Large server network — A larger server network aids in the prevention of overcrowding
- Strong security and data privacy — A VPN, in addition to unblocking streaming services, keeps your data and browsing activities private. Choose a provider that uses military-grade (256-bit) encryption and a zero-logs policy to keep your data private.
- Quick customer service — Look for a provider with responsive customer service, preferably with a 24/7 live chat option.
Can I Use Free VPNs for Samsung Smart TV?
The answer is yes. However, there are some limitations. To begin, you should ensure that the VPN provider you select has servers in your country.
Furthermore, certain features, such as using the built-in browser to watch streaming services, may not work with a VPN. Finally, ensure that the VPN provider is compatible with Samsung Smart TVs.
What Can I Unblock With a VPN on a Samsung TV?
|Netflix||HBO Go||Sky Go||YouTube TV|
|Amazon Prime Video||Hulu||ITV Hub||Sling TV|
|Disney+||Vudu||Apple TV+||BBC iPlayer|
|Playstation Vue||ESPN||DAZN||The Tennis Channel|
Our Thoughts on VPN for Samsung TV
Finally, a VPN for Samsung Smart TV is an excellent choice for anyone who wishes to keep their data safe and secure. A VPN not only protects your data, but it can also help you access blocked content and improve your online security. So, if you want to keep your Samsung Smart TV safe, make sure to invest in a good VPN service.
FAQ: Using Samsung Smart TVs With VPNs
How do I watch Netflix on my Smart TV with a VPN?
If you want to watch Netflix on your TV outside of your home network, you’ll need to use a VPN. Fortunately, there are a number of VPNs that work with Netflix, and all you need to do is set up your VPN and connect to a server in the United States.
Can I put a VPN on my Samsung Smart TV?
Yes, a VPN can be easily installed on your Samsung Smart TV via the Google Play Store. And if you prefer to install the VPN on the router level, that is also possible and just as simple to set up.
Does Samsung have built in VPN?
Yes, the built-in Android VPN client (also known as StrongSwan) is available on all Samsung devices but has been limited to simple VPN configurations on individual devices until now. Samsung devices include an improved version of the Android VPN Service.
Can I install NordVPN on Samsung TV?
No,, NordVPN cannot be installed directly on Samsung Smart TV or other smart devices that lack native VPN support, such as LG Smart TV, Apple TV, and others. Tizen OS is the operating system used by Samsung Smart TVs. Any VPN service, including NordVPN, will not work with these operating systems.
Is Samsung VPN good?
Yes, it does have a hybrid VPN called Samsung Max. It is not really a true VPN service. It had fairly good streaming abilities and speeds, but mixed results in other areas. Its customer support is non-existent and the server network is limited.
How do I get a free VPN on my Samsung smart TV?
For older Android-based Samsung Smart TVs, you can simply download a VPN from the Google Play store. For TVs with Tizen OS, you’ll need to set up a VPN on your router, use Windows connection sharing, or enable Smart DNS. The easiest to set up is Smart DNS, but it doesn’t encrypt your connection