When a new Galaxy model hits the market, Samsung enthusiasts hurry to purchase one. There are various advantages to purchasing a new phone, but there is one negative.
Samsung Phone Data Transfer, consumers must commit substantial time and effort to transfer data from one Samsung device to another. Yet, we can help you save time and energy. We have compiled the most efficient solutions to your problem of transferring data between Samsung devices.
There are various ways to transfer data from an old Samsung phone to a new one. You can transfer data using a USB cord and Samsung’s Smart Switch app, Bluetooth, or other transfer apps available in the phone’s app store. Ensure that the devices’ internal memory has sufficient free space to complete the task.
Troubleshooting: Issues on Samsung Phone Data Transfer
|Your old phone is not compatible with Smart Switch.
|You can use a third-party data transfer app or a USB cable to transfer your data.
|You don’t have enough storage space on your new phone.
|You can delete some of the data on your old phone before transferring it. You can also choose to transfer only selected data.
|The data transfer is taking too long.
|Make sure that your phones are connected to a stable Wi-Fi network. You can also try restarting your phones.
|The data transfer is not working.
|Make sure that both phones are turned on and that Bluetooth is enabled. You can also try restarting your phones.
|You lost some data during the transfer.
|It is possible that some data may be lost during the transfer process. However, you can try to recover the lost data using a data recovery tool.
TRANSFER ALL DATA FROM ONE SAMSUNG TO ANOTHER SAMSUNG WITH A SINGLE CLICK
Without further ado, we will present you with MobileTrans, the most effective transfer tool. This software was developed so that no smartphone user will experience data loss simply because they are upgrading their device.
This tool will not only teach you how to transfer images from one Samsung device to another, but it also allows you to restore data from backups. Hence, if you want to avoid the effort of transferring each file individually, consider using MobileTrans.
The software is downloadable from the official website. Install the software on your Windows or Macintosh computer and proceed with the procedures below:
STEP 1: CONNECT YOUR PHONE AND LAUNCH THE PROGRAM:
After you launch the software, you will see the main screen where you must select a transfer mode. First, connect the source and target devices to the system using a USB cable, then navigate to Phone Transfer > Phone to Phone.
STEP 2: CHOOSE THE KIND OF DATA
After establishing the connection, pick the file types you wish to transfer to the target device. Ensure that you provide the correct Source and target devices.
STEP 3: TRANSFER EVERYTHING:
Click the Start button to commence the software’s process. The transfer procedure will be visible on the screen.
You may also utilize the software’s “Clean data before copy” feature to ensure no data on the other phone.
HOW TO USE THE SMART SWITCH APP TO TRANSFER DATA BETWEEN SAMSUNG?
There are additional methods for transferring files from Samsung to Samsung. Among these is the Smart Switch App.
Samsung provides a specialized application to facilitate the transfer of data between Samsung smartphones and other Android devices. This software is pre-installed on Samsung devices, beginning with the Galaxy S6. The steps for transferring it are as follows:
- Open the Play Store on your Samsung device and install the app. Ensure that the app is downloaded on both devices.
- Open the app on both smartphones, and on the Source device, select the Send option. Concurrently, you will receive a popup requesting permission to receive the data. Next, choose the Receive button on the destination device.
- If both devices are successfully linked, the data type that can be shared via Smart Switch will be displayed. Choose the data and begin the process.
Keep the device nearby while transferring the data; otherwise, the transfer will be interrupted. To guarantee that the transfer goes smoothly, keep them within 50 centimeters of one another.
TRANSFER EVERYTHING FROM SAMSUNG TO SAMSUNG THROUGH BLUETOOTH
However, it can be utilized for small files, such as contacts, even though it requires much time. Unfortunately, Bluetooth speed could be faster, and the method frequently fails to complete a transmission.
But, you must understand how to transmit data from Samsung to Samsung over Bluetooth. The necessary actions are outlined below:
- Unlock and activate the Bluetooth option on your Samsung phone. You may activate the feature from the Settings or Notification panels.
- Now, pick the data from the source device you wish to transfer. Click the Sharing icon and select Bluetooth from the menu.
- Bluetooth will seek devices within range. Choose the destination device, and a prompt to “Accept” the transfer will appear.
TRY CLONING IT TO REPLICATE ALL DATA FROM OLD SAMSUNG TO THE NEW ONE
You must have heard of the file transfer application CLONEit, as it is trendy among Android users. The program is designed for Android devices; millions rely on this software.
To learn how to transfer data from one Samsung device to another using the CLONEit app, you must download it from the Play Store. As the software relies on WiFi Direct to transfer content, only smartphones running Android 2.2 or later can utilize this application.
- Install the application from the Google Play Store on both devices. Then, visit the Accessibility options on your phone and enable the Auto-Installation function before proceeding. This functionality enables the transfer of applications and their associated data.
- Open the app on both devices and pick the appropriate Sender and Receiver profiles. If the Sender button is tapped on the Source device, it will become a hotspot.
- Connecting the target device to the source hotspot and establishing a connection is the next step. Once both devices have been linked, the Source will begin searching for a sender.
- You will be requested on the target device to accept the request. The supported data types will now be displayed on-screen. Choose the data to be transferred and then select the Start button.
ENABLE NFC TO TRANSFER FULL DATA WITHOUT A COMPUTER
When the Near Field Contact, or NFC, is enabled on a Samsung smartphone, you can access a second capability to transfer images from one Samsung device to another. Using this tool, you can transfer photographs, movies, apps, contacts, etc. To utilize the NFC function, please follow the procedures below:
- Open Settings on both Samsung devices while holding them in your hands. If you select Additional Settings, you will notice the NFC feature. Tap it to activate the functionality.
- When the phones are placed back-to-back, they will emit a sound indicating that a connection has been made.
- Choose the data on the source phone you wish to transmit, and the screen will display a thumbnail with the text “Tap to Beam.” Hit it to begin radiating.
SHARE IT THE POPULAR TOOL TO TRANSFER DATA
An alternative application may move data from one Samsung device to another. This application is also designed to allow Android devices to share data. Follow the steps below to discover how to transfer photos from Samsung to Samsung via Share it:
- Install the Shareit application on both of your devices and then launch them.
- Now, click the Send option on the source device and select the files you wish to share with the destination device.
- Again press the Send button to begin the transmitting procedure from the source device. Instantly pressing the Receive button on the target device will cause it to be discovered by the Source.
- Choose the Receiver’s profile from the Source phone to initiate the transfer.
TRANSFER ALL DATA VIA USB CABLE
Transferring data from one Samsung device to another through a direct approach is possible. It resembles a copy-and-paste approach for transferring data. Follow the instructions below to transfer data between Samsung mobile devices:
- Attach the Source device to the PC and grant the device permission to access the storage space. Then, copy the files and folders you wish to transfer to the other phone.
- Put the data in a different folder on the computer. Now, connect the target device and provide storage access permission.
- You must copy and paste the entire content into the device’s storage.
USING EMAIL TO TRANSFER PHOTOS AND MUSIC AMONG SAMSUNG PHONES
Finally, there is an additional technique for transferring data across Samsung phones. Again, you can obtain assistance via email, such as Gmail, Yahoo, and other emails.
We know that media content and other items can be sent over email. Follow the instructions below to transfer photographs, music, and other files between Samsung mobile devices.
- If you have two email accounts, log in to one on the source device and the other on the destination device.
- Now, access your email on the source device and compose a new message. Provide the files you wish to transfer to the other device. Input the email address of the target device and press Send.
This guide taught us eight methods for transferring data between Samsung devices. Hence, anytime someone asks you how to transfer files from Samsung to Samsung; you will know which tool to recommend.
It is evident from the information supplied that most applications need the general transfer feature. So, it is preferable to use MobileTrans for the transfer.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
How can I switch from an older Samsung model to a newer Samsung model without Smart Switch?
Similar to the Samsung Switch software, inShare lets us wirelessly connect both devices. To accomplish this, you must enable Bluetooth and WiFi on both phones and position them close together. It can transfer music, photographs, apps, documents, contacts, etc., between Android devices.
Does Samsung Smart Switch move applications?
With Smart Switch, you can seamlessly move your apps, contacts, call logs, messages, photographs, and videos to your new Galaxy device, regardless of whether you’re switching from an older Samsung smartphone, an iPhone, or a Windows phone.
What is incompatible with Smart Switch?
Note: Data from synchronized accounts cannot be transferred using Smart Switch but will appear on the new device after the account has been signed into. Contacts, S Planner, Calendar, Messages, Note, Call logs, Clock, Samsung Pass, Secure Folder, and Internet are personal.
I am Trevor Eason an entrepreneur, a designer, web developer, and software engineer currently living in Dallas, TX. My interests range from technology to photography. I am also interested in entrepreneurship, gaming, and basketball. I run my own Tech Win Reviews blog. Hope you will join me for all your Samsung and Tech Reviews and recommendations.