Taking a screenshot is valuable because it allows you to easily share the content on your screen or save it locally for future reference. Several methods for taking a screenshot on an Android phone, some of which are unique to specific devices.
How To Take A Screenshot On Samsung Phones? there are various methods for taking screenshots on Samsung Galaxy phones, some of which are unique to the OneUI software on these devices.
The overall process, however, is pretty simple, and in this post, we’ll walk you through different methods of taking a screenshot on Samsung Galaxy phones.
Troubleshooting:n Issues on How To Take A Screenshot On Samsung Phones?
|You can’t take a screenshot.
|Make sure that your phone is not in power saving mode. You can also try restarting your phone.
|The screenshot is blurry.
|Make sure that your phone is steady when you take the screenshot. You can also try adjusting the brightness and contrast settings on your phone.
|The screenshot is missing part of the screen.
|Make sure that you are taking the screenshot from the edge of the screen. You can also try adjusting the zoom settings on your phone.
|The screenshot is saved in a different location.
|By default, screenshots are saved in the Pictures folder. You can change the location of screenshots in the Settings app.
|You can’t share the screenshot.
|Make sure that you have allowed your phone to access your photos. You can also try restarting your phone.
Capturing a screenshot on a Samsung smartphone is straightforward. To snap a screenshot, simultaneously press the Volume Down and Power buttons. You may also capture a screenshot on Samsung smartphones by simultaneously pressing the Power and Volume down buttons. The screenshot will be taken as soon as the buttons are released.
HOW TO TAKE A SCREENSHOT WITH YOUR SAMSUNG PHONE’S PHYSICAL BUTTONS?
Samsung Galaxy phones are powered by OneUI, a custom skin built on Android. As a result, the generic button combination used to take a screenshot on all Android smartphones will also work on a Samsung phone. Here’s how to take a screenshot with your phone’s physical buttons:
- Simultaneously press the Power and Volume Down buttons.
- A screenshot will be taken as soon as you release the buttons.
- As soon as the screenshot is captured, Samsung Galaxy phones display a small preview at the bottom of your screen, along with a toolbar that allows you to share it, edit it to add annotations, or even take a scrolling screenshot if you have a long list. You can use this toolbar to make changes or ignore it to save the screenshot as is to your gallery.
You can use this toolbar to make changes or ignore it to save the screenshot as is to your gallery.
HOW TO TAKE A SCREENSHOT USING GESTURES ON YOUR SAMSUNG PHONE?
Samsung’s OneUI skin adds software features unavailable on phones running stock Android. This includes some cool gestures that take screenshots on your Galaxy phones. Here’s how to go about it:
- Navigate to Settings on your Samsung phone and scroll down to Advanced Features.
- Select it to proceed to the next page, where you will find an option called Motion and Gestures. Select this to see a list of all the gestures available on your device.
- Then, turn on the Palm swipe to capture option.
- You can now take screenshots by swiping the edge of your palm from one end of the screen to the other.
This gesture can help take screenshots when your phone is lying flat on a desk, or you don’t find the button combination particularly convenient. It also makes it easier to take multiple screenshots at the same time.
HOW TO TAKE A SCREENSHOT USING BIXBY ON YOUR SAMSUNG PHONE?
If you own a Samsung Galaxy phone and have Bixby Voice enabled, you can use it to take a screenshot. It can be convenient when your hands aren’t free because it’s as simple as waking your assistant with the wake word and saying, “take a screenshot.” Here’s how to go about it:
- If you’ve enabled Bixby Voice on your Galaxy phone, you can either long-press the Bixby button (if your phone has one) or say “Hey Bixby” to activate it.
- After that, say, “take a screenshot,” and Bixby will take a screenshot of your screen.
If you don’t have the Bixby Voice feature enabled on your phone, you can take screenshots with Google Assistant. The procedure remains the same; you will wake the Google Assistant rather than Bixby to issue the command.
That’s how simple taking screenshots on a Samsung Galaxy phone is. You can experiment with all these methods to find the best one. These steps will also work on Samsung’s new foldable phones, but they include device-specific methods for capturing screenshots.
You can learn more about it by visiting our Galaxy Z Fold 4 screenshot guide. If you’re interested in advanced customizations, we have a dedicated guide to help you root your smartphone, including Samsung Galaxy phones.
If you don’t want to use any of the built-in tools on your Samsung Galaxy, you can use a third-party app instead. ScreenMaster is an excellent choice.
- ScreenMaster can be downloaded and installed on your Samsung Galaxy phone.
- Open ScreenMaster and grant it any necessary permissions.
- Make sure the Show floating button toggle is turned on. If it isn’t already enabled, tap to enable it.
- To enable screen capturing, press the green power button at the top.
- Because this is your first time using ScreenMaster, you will be directed to a page in the Settings app where you can enable Appear on top. This will ensure that the Screen Capture button is always visible at the top of any screen you view. So, find ScreenMaster in the app list and tap its toggle to enable it.
- Navigate to the desired screen and then tap the Screen capture button on the left side of the screen.
- In the menu at the bottom of the screen, select Save. The screenshot will be saved in the Gallery’s ScreenMaster album.
- To end the screen capture, open ScreenMaster and press the red power button at the top.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Is there a more convenient way to screenshot on Samsung?
Press the Volume Down and Power buttons on your Samsung Galaxy device to quickly take a screenshot. You can also take a screenshot on Samsung devices with Palm Swipe, Bixby, or Smart Select.
What is the quickest way to capture a screenshot?
Use the keyboard shortcut Alt + PrtScn to take a quick screenshot of the active window. This will take a screenshot of the currently active window and copy it to the clipboard. You’ll need to open the image in an image editor to save it.
How do I enable the screenshot button?
Navigate to Settings and then Advanced Features. Enter Motions and gestures. Scroll down to find the Palm Swipe To Capture option and enable it. Simply place your hand vertically on either the right or left edge of the smartphone screen and swipe on display to take a screenshot.
How do you take a screenshot without using the power or volume buttons?
Many Android devices now allow you to take screenshots with gestures, eliminating the need to press buttons. For example, you can enable Palm Swipe to Capture on Samsung phones by going to Settings > Advanced Features > Motions and Gestures.
I am Trevor Eason an entrepreneur, a designer, web developer, and software engineer currently living in Dallas, TX. My interests range from technology to photography. I am also interested in entrepreneurship, gaming, and basketball. I run my own Tech Win Reviews blog. Hope you will join me for all your Samsung and Tech Reviews and recommendations.