Personal hotspot is among the most important functions of an Android smartphone. We can generate a personal WiFi hotspot to connect our 4G or 5G data with other devices.
We may easily enable personal hotspot on Android, for instance, if we are traveling and wish to use the Internet on our laptop. This hotspot is accessible from a laptop or any other device, including Android phones.
Change Hotspot Password on Android:
Here is how to change your hotspots password on Andriod.
- Go to your phone’s Settings.
- Navigate to Wireless & networks and select More.
- Next, navigate the Tethering & portable hotspot option and tap the toggle next to the Portable Wi-Fi hotspot menu.
- Next, select Setup Wi-Fi hotspot.
- Change the name and password of the hotspot here.
Different manufacturers of Android smartphones position the hotspot option differently inside the settings. For instance, it can be found in the connection settings of Samsung cellphones.
This is how we change the password for Android cellphones’ personal hotspots. The user interface may differ from the screenshots above depending on the version of the Android operating system, the launcher, and the Android device manufacturer. However, the general approach stays the same.
Essentially, you must locate the hotspot section in your Android phone’s settings and then seek for a setting to update. We can also adjust the security type (WPA or WPA2) and the frequency band, among other things (2.4 GHz or 5 GHz). If your Android phone does not have this capability built in, you can utilize third-party apps to create a hotspot.
How to Choose a secure password
A simple password is easy to guess, and a trial-and-error approach can lead to unauthorized access to your shared data connection. One can select a secure password for their hotspot by adhering to the below recommendations.
- Just use an alphanumeric password always.
- Avoid using easily guessed passwords such as your pet’s name, date of birth, house number, bike/car number, etc.
- Using special characters helps make the password slightly more difficult.