How Wide is a 55-Inch TV? When shopping for a television, one must consider how wide a 55-inch TV is.
A television with a diagonal of 55 inches is the width and height of the TV.
It should be noted that all TV manufacturers specify the size of the TV by taking the diagonal of the screen into account.
Others mistakenly believe that the size specified by the manufacturer is the width of the TV set.
You can, however, use a TV size as a room calculator. This can save you a significant amount of time.
HOW WIDE IS A 55-INCH TV?
The diagonal of the screen happens to indicate the size of televisions and even in apple tv, oled tv, hd tv, 4k tv, 65-inch tv, and other flat-screen tv. As a result, if you choose a 55-inch TV, understand that you must also choose a 55-inch TV. The diagonal length of the screen is specified in inches. You may be wondering at this point.
See Other Related Articles:
How Many HDMI Ports On Samsung TV? (Everything You Need To Know)
Do Samsung TVs Have HDMI Arcs? (And How to Use Them)
Screen Mirroring iPhone to Samsung TV Without Wifi (2 Simple Methods)
HOW WIDE IS A 55 INCH TV IN INCHES?
- In the metric system, a 55-inch television measures 139.7 cm diagonally.
- The TV is 55 inches wide and 55 inches tall.
- The aspect ratio of modern televisions is 16: 9.
- The height of the TV is nine parts if the width of the screen is divided into 16 identical parts.
- This is a common standard for television screen production.
- So you can calculate the height and width of a 55-inch television screen.
- The TV display has a height of 55 inches – 26.96 inches or 68.5 meters.
- The width of the 55-inch TV screen is 47.94 inches (121 cm).
- In reality, the larger TV will be a little more giant. It would be best to consider the frame that frames the screen and holds the screen matrix.
- The width of the frame is from 0.3 inches (7 mm) to one inch (2.5 cm). Depending on the mounting technology of the TV.
Now, you can consult a TV dimensions chart to learn a little more about it.
General TV Width Chart
Here is a normal TV width chart to help you determine your tv size.
TV SIZE 55-INCHES PER PACKAGE
The TV unit is transported in polyethylene foam packaging. This shields it from harm. In some TVs from manufacturers such as Samsung, LG, and Vizio pixels. Some other brands dismiss this.
- The box size may vary slightly depending on the manufacturer, but the average package dimensions for transporting a 55-inch TV are as follows. 55′′ x 33′′ x 6′′ (140′′ x 83′′ x 15′′ in centimeters).
- 33 inches (83 centimeters) tall
- 55-inch (140-centimeter) length
- 6 inches (15 centimeters) wide
Dimensions For Some Other Displays
Each TV has different dimensions based on the size of its display in inches. This is especially important if you don’t know the exact size of your modern tvs Smart TV and are looking for the ideal collection for your space.
Dimensions of a 70-inch television
- The 70-inch display measures 154.9 cm wide by 87.1 cm high.
Dimensions of a 65-inch television in centimeters
- 65-inch Smart TVs are not always as large as they appear. These powerful televisions are 144.0 cm wide by 81.0 cm tall.
42-inch TV dimensions in centimeters
- 42-inch televisions are frequently effective in small spaces. This is because they are 20.5 inches tall and 36.5 inches wide.
DO YOU MEASURE THE SIZE OF THE TV SCREEN?
- A flat-screen TV’s size is typically measured diagonally from the top left corner to the bottom right.
- If you prefer, you can go from bottom left to top right.
- This clearance is usually measured in inches. Manufacturers will offer a variety of sizes in their product line.
- The width or height of a television screen is represented by the size of the screen. The conventional method, on the other hand, is to use the diagonal distance new tv.
- There are currently two main types of TVs: LED TVs and OLED TVs, and you may be surprised to learn that these two types are available in very different screen sizes.
- Televisions range in size from 15 to 80 inches. In some cases, even more.
- OLED TVs, on the other hand, are only available in larger screen sizes. Usually between 50 and 85 inches.
- As a result, keep in mind that the size of the screen you buy may be determined by the type of technology you desire.
- How do you choose the right screen size for your room once you’ve decided on the type of HDTV you want? And what is the ideal viewing distance for your television?
- However, you can find several TV size calculators on the internet to assist you with your problem.
Choosing the best display size and viewing distance for the TV set. One thing to keep in mind is that this is not a precise science. A size comparison could be useful.
However, there are several factors that can influence your decision on the best size TV for your room:
- Personal preference
- Placement in the room
- The resolution of the television images you’re watching.
- Even the clarity of your vision!
- When two people are placed in the same room, they may have opposing views on the optimal screen size and viewing distance.
However, it can be helpful to get some solid numbers to give us a starting point, so let’s consider how we might do this. Although many times having a much larger screen can come at a very high Price, some devices are worth it.
Recommended Viewing Distance According To The Field Of View
In terms of television viewing, the field of view (FOV) is the viewing angle between a person and the visible area of a television screen.
As you get closer to the monitor, the field of view expands and your viewing experience becomes more immersive. If you get too close, the field of view will be too wide for most people.
Have you ever sat in the first row of a cinema? To see the action at the far ends of the screen, you should practically turn your head. In that case, you could argue that the field of view is too broad – but you might enjoy it! A reasonable viewing distance is commonly referred to as the field of view. None of the guidelines specify how close you can get, only the maximum distance you should be.
Remember that the smaller the angle, the farther away it is, and the larger the angle, the closer it is to the screen. As a result, for many people, anything less than 26° will be too far.
More than 36° will be more immersive, but it will become too close at some point. It’s also important to remember that these suggestions are for a real movie theater.
As a result, while you can use them as a guide throughout your entire home, most people will have to make some compromises. Another thing to keep in mind is that these suggestions do not take image resolution into account.
The suggested field of viewing will vary with the size of your screen. Fortunately, we can easily calculate recommended viewing distances with the TV viewing distance formula.
Recommended Viewing Distance Based On Image Resolution
The native resolution of a television screen is fixed. Ideally, the image on that screen will contain the exact answer. However, as you move away from the 4k UHD TV screen, you will be unable to see all of the picture’s details.
This range will vary depending on the screen size and picture resolution. As a result, the further you move away from the longest distance, the more minor detail you will notice.
And the closer you get, the more imperfections you’ll notice in the image’s resolution. So, if you want to see every detail on your high-resolution screen, you should sit at a certain distance away from it.
So, this is another way to decide the best viewing distance for your TV. It would be best to keep in mind that this distance may vary depending on the person watching the screen. Visual acuity will differ from person to person.
Recommended Viewing Distance Based On A Range
The two solutions presented above will not always result in the same recommended viewing distance. As a result, you must choose one or the other or find a compromise distance that provides the best balance between the two.
In this case, there is no right or wrong answer. It frequently depends on personal preference, vision, or how you use the screen in your room size tv stand. So, in the unlikely event that you have to choose one or the other, you don’t want to find out that getting it exactly right isn’t convenient or adequate for your situation.
Another option is to use a range rule of thumb to give you a target range. One foot of viewing distance is recommended for every 10 inches of diagonal screen size. This may appear to be more complicated than it is:
- A 7-foot-tall 70-inch screen
- At 6 feet, a 60-inch screen.
- At 5 feet, a 50-inch screen.
This results in a field of view of approximately 40°, which is slightly closer to the THX recommendation of 36°. This is, however, a reasonable distance for those who want to be close enough to have an excellent immersive experience without being too close to dimension.
Of course, if you like to be even closer, that’s up to you. Something like this can perhaps provide a starting point for a recommended viewing distance range.
HOW DO YOU MEASURE A 55-INCH TV?
The diagonal measurement of a 55-inch television determines its name rather than its height and width. The screen size can be calculated by starting in the lower left corner of the screen (excluding the frame) and extending a measuring tape to the upper right.
You’ll need to do some high school math to figure out how big the actual TV is. Are you ready to put your Pythagorean Theorem knowledge to the test? Manufacturers (such as Samsung) construct sets with a 16:9 (or 16:10) ratio, which means that a 55-inch diagonal would have a width and height closer to 48 inches wide and 27 inches tall.
WHERE SHOULD YOU PUT YOUR 55-INCH TV FOR THE BEST VIEWING?
Knowing the dimensions of your television is only one part of the story. You should also consider the size of the space in which it will be placed. It’s best to sit back about three times the height of the screen for HD and 1.5 times for 4K Ultra HD viewing.
Using the chart above, you’d want to sit about three and a half feet away from the Crystal UHD 4K Smart TV AU8000 (28 x 1.5 = 42). This allows you to see the entire picture while avoiding distortion or color issues caused by being too close.
CONCLUSION On How Wide Is A 55-Inch Tv
In general, it is advisable to purchase a 4k TV, as lower resolution designs are becoming increasingly scarce. To quickly determine what size to buy, divide your TV’s viewing distance (in inches) by 1.6 or use a TV size calculator, which is roughly equivalent to a 30-degree angle. If the best size is out of your price range, get the most visible TV you can afford.
FAQs TV Width Measurements
How big is a 55-inch TV on the wall?
A 55-inch screen is 55 inches long from one upper corner to the opposite lower corner. However, the actual dimensions will be slightly different, measuring approximately 49 inches wide and 29 inches tall.
Is a 55-inch television 55-inches wide?
This is a common standard for television screen production. So you can calculate the height and width of a 55-inch television screen. The TV display has a height of 55 inches – 26.96 inches or 68.5 meters.
How is TV width measured?
To measure the width of the TV, start at one corner and go all the way along the bottom or the top to the other side. You are measuring the total width from edge to edge, including the bezel and frame, since you need to know if it will fit in the space.