Prime Video Not Working On Apple TV? Try this! It’s a beautiful experience to stream media, including music, movies, e-books, and other kinds of entertainment, with Amazon Prime. It is simple to see Amazon content from anywhere at any time, thanks to this app, which is available for all iOS devices, including the iPhone, iPad, and Apple TV.
However, several users have recently complained that their Amazon Prime subscriptions need to be fixed on Apple TV.
In addition, many people have complained that all they see is a dark screen with a spinning wheel. This article will review the top 7 fixes for the issue with Amazon Prime Video not working on Apple TV.
How do I use Apple TV to get Amazon Prime?
The simplest way to watch Amazon Prime videos on your TV is to download the Amazon Prime app directly to your Apple TV. However, it’s important to note that you’ll want an Apple TV device from the third generation or later and an Amazon Prime subscription.
If one person in your home subscribes to Amazon Prime and includes you in the plan, they must share the benefits of Prime with you before you can access Prime content. When two people sign up for an Amazon household and use the same payment method, they can get Prime Video.
Points to Bear in Mind:
Although the third-generation Apple TV doesn’t have the App Store, the most recent version of its operating system includes Amazon Prime Video pre-installed. Here is a simple tutorial showing you how to use Apple TV to access Amazon Prime.
- Start your Apple TV and navigate to the main menu in step one.
- Select the App Store icon on display.
- Look for Amazon Prime Video in the App Store. If you need help finding something, go to the top of the screen and click Search. Alternatively, you can start a voice search by tapping the microphone on your remote.
- To reach an information screen, click the Amazon Prime Video emblem when you find it.
- Select Install to put the Amazon Prime Video app on your Apple TV.
Why is Prime Video not working on Apple TV?
Your Apple TV is unable to play Prime Video due to compatibility difficulties. You should also investigate your internet connection, app and firmware updates, and device-related problems. Of course, the Prime Video servers or your account are also to blame.
Common Apple TV troubles with Amazon Prime Video and their causes
Several Amazon Prime problems may interfere with your Apple TV viewing. Here are some of the best ones:
- Apple TV won’t load Amazon Prime Video – This may be due to connectivity problems, TV software issues, or bugs in the Prime Video app.
- Prime Video’s unavailable can be brought on by network problems, Apple TV software corruption, an Amazon Prime app malfunction, or a server issue with Amazon Prime.
- The absence of sound on Prime Video could result from an Apple TV software or hardware issue, an app malfunction, or issues brought on by other third-party programs.
- Continuous buffering while streaming – This can be brought on by a slow internet connection, a poor Wi-Fi network, or problems with Apple’s or Amazon’s streaming services.
7 Ways Amazon Prime can be made to function on Apple TV?
Fortunately, it can resolve most of Apple TV’s Amazon Prime problems. Here are a few of the best ways to get your service back online:
1. Upgrade Apple TV’s Amazon Prime app.
The following instructions will show you how to check if Amazon Prime is working on your Apple TV and how to update this program to resolve the Amazon Prime not working on Apple TV 4K issue.
- Activate the Settings app on the Apple TV, then select “Software Updates” from the drop-down menu.
- Choose “Update Software” from the drop-down menu – “Automatically Update.”
- It would be best if you waited for the applications to be updated.
2. Activate Amazon Prime again
If your Amazon Prime is not working on your Apple TV, there may be a problem with the Amazon Prime Video app. You can try uninstalling and reinstalling the Amazon Prime application to fix the problem.
Verify that the program you just downloaded is the most recent release. It’s likely that specific bugs in the current version have been fixed, which will be to your advantage.
- On Apple TV, select App Store – Purchased from the Home Screen.
- Locate and pick Amazon Prime.
- Decide to download.
3. Verify the Apple TV model
If you’re trying to view movies from Amazon Prime on Apple TV for the first time and it doesn’t work, there may be a compatibility issue. Only third-, fourth-, and fourth-generation 4K televisions can use the Amazon Prime app.
Amazon Prime will not function on earlier models of Apple TV. To find out the model of your Apple TV, go to Settings – General – About.
4. Start Apple TV again
The next step in repairing numerous Apple TV difficulties, such as the Amazon Prime app on Apple TV not working error, is restarting your device. Minor software issues are resolved by restarting Apple TV.
Open your Apple TV and navigate to Settings – System to restart App TV (General for 3rd generation). Then, from the list of options, select the Restart button. Wait till the process is finished. Launch the Amazon Prime app after that to see if it functions.
5. Reset your Apple TV
Restoring your device to factory settings is another option to fix Amazon Prime not working on Apple TV. Try it; it might solve your problem. You can choose General in the Apple TV’s Settings menu. Next, select Reset – Reset All Settings and press to confirm your selection.
Video: Amazon Prime Video Doesn’t Work On Apple TV
6. Use Joyoshare UltFix – No Data Loss
You can start using an Apple TV system recovery application, such as Joyoshare UltFix if Amazon Prime is not functioning. In addition, it is robust enough to support many different device models, including Apple TV HD and Apple TV 3rd generation.
In addition, Joyoshare UltFix can fix software issues on all iPhone, iPad, and iPod models without erasing any data. It may also reset Apple TVs or iDevices to their default settings without requiring a password. In addition, you may quickly and automatically enter or exit recovery mode with a single click, thanks to a free feature.
- Launch Joyoshare UltFix while your Apple TV is connected to your PC. Click “Start” when the application recognizes your device.
- Now select “Standard Mode” for the repair mode to prevent data loss or “Advanced Mode” to completely delete all data. Click Next.
- Then, use a USB cord to connect your Apple TV to the computer, choose the device’s model, and start recovery mode. Click Next once your Apple TV has entered recovery mode.
- Downloading the firmware package comes next. First, verify that the information about Apple TV that Joyoshare UltFix has discovered is accurate, then click “Download” to download and verify the package.
- Finally, select “Repair” to begin fixing your iOS device. After the procedure, turn on your Apple TV to see if the problem has been resolved. Try again if your Apple TV keeps crashing.
7. Speak with Apple or Amazon Support
Contacting Apple Support or Amazon Support is the final option. While the latter will help you with the Amazon Prime app and services, the former will assist you in fixing Apple TV hardware or software difficulties. Do not be afraid to ask them for help if you still experience issues.
There you have it—all the solutions to your problems with Amazon Prime not functioning on Apple TV. You can test each one to see whether it enables you to solve the problem independently. Please do not hesitate to ask for help from Apple Support or Amazon Support if the issue cannot be fixed.
Since Joyoshare UltFix can resolve your tvOS or iOS problems without causing any data loss, we highly recommend using it. So, download Joyoshare UltFix immediately to get the most significant Apple TV streaming experience with Amazon Prime.
Frequently Asked Questions
Why has Amazon Prime on my TV suddenly stopped working?
Try 30 seconds of Wi-Fi router disconnection followed by 30 seconds of reconnection. After signing out, sign back into your Amazon Prime Video account. Reinstall the Amazon Prime Video app, log in, and then delete the current version. Finally, restart your computer or another device.
Why is Amazon Prime Video not functioning for me?
Go to Settings > Apps and notifications > Prime Video from the Home screen. Then select Storage > Clear Data and click OK to confirm. Try the video again. If none of this helps, try reinstalling the application.
How is Amazon Prime Video updated on Apple TV?
Like HBO MAX, the new design places navigation and other features in a sidebar. Now what? Open the App Store on your Apple TV HD or Apple TV 4K and use the search feature to navigate to a page for the Prime Video app; once there, hit the “Update” option if you don’t yet have the new layout.