It is possible to have a variety of reasons for wanting to know how to factory data reset your galaxy tab Samsung.
Perhaps it is acting strangely, freezing, or has become unresponsive altogether.
Alternatively, you may wish to sell or give it away, in which case you will need to reset factory data to erase all information in your galaxy tab Samsung.
There are several different types of hard resets, and you’ll need to figure out which one is best for you before you begin.
See the sections below for an explanation of each, as well as when you’ll need to put each one into action.
Immediately after that, you’ll find instructions on how to reset various sorts of tablets, including the Apple iPad, Samsung Galaxy Tab, Kindle Fire, and Amazon Fire.
Please keep in mind that depending on the generation model you have, some of the button configurations may be different.
We’ve included the most often used factory data reset procedures.
7 Reasons Why You Need to Perform A Factory Reset on Your Galaxy Tab
If you are experiencing any of the following issues with your Samsung Galaxy Tab 2:
- Running at a slow pace,
- If your computer is frozen or unresponsive,
- Infection with a virus,
- I’m stuck at the boot screen.
- After a firmware upgrade, you may experience random reboots or a restart problem.
- Failures and errors from the system and applications on a regular basis
- If you have forgotten your device’s password or pattern lock
Consult with our most fundamental steps to ensure a smooth resolution to your problem!
3 Basic Options in Having Factory Data Reset
- The Soft Reset/Restart
In the event that your tablet is not functioning as it should, but is still responsive, this should be your first port of call.
It’s as simple as restarting your computer – the equivalent of ‘turning it off and on again the power button – and it may be enough to resolve the issue while also protecting your personal data and settings.
- Factory Reset/Forced Restart
It is a term used to describe the process of restarting a computer.
For those looking for information on how to reset the galaxy tab that has become unresponsive, performing a factory data reset (or forced) reset may be the best option.
It’s no different from a standard restart you’d perform when the device is functioning normally, except that once it has frozen or is acting abnormally in any other way, it forces the tablet to respond to the command.
- Reset the System to its Factory Default
If all other methods of resetting your Samsung Galaxy tablet have failed, or if you wish to thoroughly clean your android device before giving it to someone else or selling it, this is the approach to attempt last.
Remember to make a backup of your personal data through google account before you begin the process to avoid disappointment (and panic) if you discover that everything has been deleted from your Samsung Galaxy Tab.
3 Simple Procedures for Factory Data Reset of Your Galaxy Tab
- How to Perform a Soft Reset in 3 Simple Steps?
Soft reset or rebooting the SAMSUNG GALAXY TAB 2 can be accomplished by pressing and holding the Power Button for a few seconds, after which the LCD screen will display a menu with options to Restart or Turn off the tablet.
This procedure will assist in the refreshing and clearing of some temporary files and application caches.
1. The Power button located on the top right-hand side of the Samsung Galaxy tab should be pressed and held down until a slider shows on the screen.
2. Release the Power button and drag the slider across the screen to turn off the Samsung galaxy tab.
3. Continue to hold down the Power button until the Samsung logo displays on the screen, which will restart the device.
- 10 Steps in Performing a Factory Data Reset
Important: If you use this function, you won’t be able to recover personal information so, please make a copy of any information you require before attempting to use this function. MicroSD cards will not be affected by a factory data reset.
When it comes time to hard reset the factory, there are only 10 basic steps to follow.
If the device’s menus have become frozen or unresponsive, you can perform a master reset by pressing the hardware keys on the device.
1. Turn off the device if it is on.
2. Press and hold the Volume Up key as well as the Home key, and then press and hold the Power key to activate the Samsung galaxy tab.
3. When the Samsung Galaxy logo appears on the screen, press and immediately release all of the keys before pressing and quickly releasing the Power key.
4. The message ‘Installing system update’ will appear for around 30-60 seconds, after which a ‘No command’ Android will appear before the Android system recovery menu options are displayed.
5. Keep pressing the Volume down key many times until the phrase “wipe data/factory reset” appears.
6. To select, press the Power key on your screen.
7. Continue to hold down the Volume Down key until the phrase ‘Yes — erase all user data’ appears in bold.
8. To select and begin the hard reset, press the Power key on your keyboard.
9. When the master reset is complete, the text ‘Reboot system now will be highlighted in yellow.
10. To restart the device, press the Power button.
What happens if there is a Google Account Sign-in option available?
If a Google account sign-in is required during the first setup if a pattern, PIN, or other security feature has been or has been set up on this device.
1. By pushing the power button, you can turn off the gadget.
2. Press and hold the Power button for a few seconds.
3. To turn off the computer, press the Power button.
4. To proceed, press OK.
Note: If the screen does not react to input after 10-15 seconds of pressing and holding the Power button, restart the computer.
5. Hold and press the Volume Up button for a few seconds, then press and hold the Power button for several seconds.
6. It is important to note that the USB cable must be disconnected.
7. When the Samsung logo appears, press then hold the Volume Up and Power buttons for a few seconds until the Samsung logo disappears.
8. From the Android system recovery screen, click the Volume Up and Down buttons to select erase data/factory reset, then hit the Power button to complete the process.
9. Yes — wipe all user data should be selected by pressing the Volume buttons, followed by the Power button.
10. After selecting Reboot system now with the Volume buttons, press the Power button to turn on the computer.
Note: To ensure that the factory data reset and reboot processes are completed successfully, give them a few minutes. In the event that it is necessary, configure your device.
- 10 Steps for Factory Reset from the Settings Menu.
This is one of the most straightforward options available!
It is possible that a master reset will erase all of your personal data on the internal storage, including downloads, ringtones, photos, and programs.
It may also destroy Visual Voicemail and other Visual Voicemail-related files.
It does not remove any data from the SIM card or SD card that has been stored on them.
Follow these 10 Easy Steps!
1. Make a copy of your data on the internal memory.
2. To access the Apps menu, go to the Home screen and select it.
3. Select Settings from the drop-down menu.
4. Select ‘Personal’ from the drop-down menu, then touch ‘Backup and reset.’
5. Take a step back by selecting it from the drop-down menu and clicking ENTER, you can enable or disable my data.
6. If necessary, hit Restore to toggle the slider between ON and OFF.
7. Select Factory data reset from the drop-down menu.
8. Reset the device by pressing the Reset button.
9. If you have a screen lock enabled, enter your PIN or password to unlock the device.
10. Continue by pressing the Continue button.
11. Select Delete all from the drop-down menu.
Finally, you can now solve your Samsung galaxy tab, but wait there’s more!
How to Reset the Network Configurations?
Resetting network settings returns all data connections to their factory default settings, which were originally configured when the device was purchased.
When you conduct a Reset of your network settings, the following changes will take place.
- Wi-Fi networks that have been saved will be destroyed.
- Bluetooth devices that have been paired will be erased.
- Background data synchronization settings will be enabled.
- It is possible that data restriction settings in programs that have been manually
- turned on or off will be returned to their default state.
- The network selection mode will be set to automatic in this instance.
- The best mobile network type will be selected as the preferred network type.
The following device connections status will default to the state of the device when it was first powered up unless otherwise specified.
- Bluetooth is turned off
- Mobile data is enabled.
- Wi-Fi is turned on.
Follow these steps to do a network reset on your computer.
1. To access the Apps menu, go to the Home screen and select it.
2. Select Settings from the drop-down menu.
3. Select Backup and Reset from the drop-down menu.
4. Select Reset network settings from the drop-down menu.
5. To return to the default settings, press RESET SETTINGS.
6. The reset will be completed once you have entered any security requirements to confirm.
Is There a Secret Code for Doing the Format of SAMSUNG GALAXY TAB?
Make certain that you have already backed up all of your personal data.
We can test the secret hidden code for performing a factory data reset on the SAMSUNG GALAXY TAB 2 (by entering the following characters into the dialer pad: *2767*3855#
Keep in mind to always back up your vital personal data before performing a format to factory default / restore with master reset on your SAMSUNG GALAXY TAB 2 7.0, as all data and installed applications will be lost or erased from your device.
It may take a few minutes for your tablet to completely erase all of your personal data and return itself to its original form.
On the tablet, a factory data reset will remove everything.
In some circumstances, you may be required to enter account information in order for the tablet to validate your identity.
It’s possible that Google Device Protection, especially if your tablet has been forced to reboot, will ask you for your Google account details.
If you are still unable to complete the setup after doing a factory reset, please visit the Support Center to submit a service request.
Frequently Asked Questions
Why am I unable to perform a factory reset on my Samsung tablet?
Keep pressing and holding the Volume Up key, and then keep pressing and holding the Power key until the video is finished.
Please keep in mind that the USB cable must be unplugged.
When the Samsung logo displays, press and hold the Volume Up key and the Power key until the Samsung logo disappears.
From the Android system recovery screen, use the Volume keys to select erase data/factory reset, and then hit the Power key to complete the process.
Is it true that a factory reset clears everything?
When you perform a factory reset on your Android device, all of the data stored on the device is erased.
It is analogous to the concept of formatting a computer hard disk, which deletes all references to your data and causes the machine to lose track of where the data is stored.
What are the drawbacks of performing a factory reset?
Check out some of its drawbacks, including the following:
- It is possible that you will lose your data.
- It is technically a violation of the Android operating system’s settings.
- It’s possible that it’s hazardous.
- It is not possible to delete data stored on external storage.
- All of your information will be deleted, and you will be unable to recover it unless you have copy.