Samsung Smart TVs include pre-installed applications, which may be from Samsung or a third-party developer.
You may also quickly add new apps to your Smart Hub by clicking on the “Add App” button.
But what if you only want to get rid of a few apps?
Are you up to the task?
Uninstalling apps on samsung smart tv
Continue reading to learn how to uninstall newly installed applications from your Samsung Smart TV.
If we’ve got your interest, keep reading.
Short Answer, How to Uninstall Apps from a Samsung Smart TV?
- Press the Home button on the remote control to access the TV’s Home screen menu.
- To access the settings, go to Apps and then select the Settings button in the top right corner of the screen.
- Then, select the app that you want to uninstall.
- To conclude, choose Delete, and then choose Delete again to confirm your choice.
Troubleshooting: Issues on why can’t i delete apps on samsung tv
|The Delete button is grayed out.
|This means that the app is not currently installed on your TV. You can try reinstalling the app and then deleting it again.
|The app is not listed in the My Apps section.
|This means that the app was installed from an external source, such as a USB drive. You can delete the app by following these steps: 1. Press the Home button on your remote control. 2. Select Apps. 3. Select the Settings icon in the top right corner of the screen. 4. Select Manage Apps. 5. Select the app you want to delete. 6. Select the Delete button.
|The app is still listed in the My Apps section after I deleted it.
|This is a known issue with some Samsung Smart TVs. To fix it, you can try restarting your TV. If that doesn’t work, you can try resetting your TV to factory settings.
|I can’t delete the app because it’s a system app.
|System apps are essential for your TV to function properly. You can’t delete them without causing problems with your TV.
|I’m getting an error message when I try to delete the app.
|If you’re getting an error message when you try to delete an app, try restarting your TV. If that doesn’t work, you can try resetting your TV to factory settings.
Important Points to Keep in Mind
Whatever the reason, if you want to delete apps from your Samsung TV, this instruction is just what you’ve been looking for.
Please keep the following points in mind before proceeding:
Applications that come pre-installed on your Samsung Smart TV will not be able to be uninstalled by you.
By default, the delete option for apps such as Netflix, Amazon Prime Video, and other video streaming services is greyed out or disabled.
Thus, you will be able to delete only applications that you downloaded from the Samsung App Store after purchasing the television.
A hack to erase pre-installed apps has been discovered, although I am not confident that it will work on all television models and firmware versions.
In the event that you require the previously removed applications at any point in the future, you can reinstall them whenever you choose.
Why can’t i delete apps on my samsung tv?
How to Setup Applications?
1. Navigate to the Apps menu.
Press and hold the home button while scrolling to the left until you reach the Apps section.
To proceed, select the Select button on your keyboard.
2. Look through the available applications
The home screen of the Samsung TV apps store features apps that have been selected as Editor’s Choice or Most Popular.
Scroll down the page to see a list of apps organized by Group Content and Genre.
3. Alternatively, you can look for an app by name.
Downloading individual Samsung TV apps is a simple process once you know where to look.
Located in the upper right-hand corner of the screen, you can search for something specific.
You can type using the on-screen keyboard (or speak into the microphone to tell us what you’re looking for).
Optional menus will display at the top of the screen as you begin to write letters on the keyboard.
4. Download and install the application.
The process of downloading Samsung TV applications is as simple as pushing a button.
Installing an app is as simple as selecting the app you want and clicking it.
5. Add it to your home screen or open it in a new tab
Once the app has been downloaded, you can either open it immediately or save it to your Smart Hub’s home screen if you want to use it frequently.
Deleting Apps from a Samsung Smart Television
We’ll go over the ways to remove apps on different models and series of Samsung Smart TVs that have been introduced over the previous seven years in the section below.
The model of my television that was introduced in 2019 will be my first point of reference.
How to uninstalling app on samsung tv? (2020)
- To uninstall apps from Samsung 2020 (TU/Q/LS series) televisions, follow these steps: To access the smart hub, press the Home button on your remote to bring it up, then select Settings.
2. The Support tab (the cloud with a question mark) is located at the bottom of the screen; click Device Care.
3. Wait for your television to complete a brief scan before selecting Manage Storage.
4. Select the app(s) you wish to delete from your device, and then select Delete.
5. To confirm, press the OK button.
6. A progress meter will appear at the bottom of the screen, indicating how far the deletion has progressed. When it reaches 100 percent, press the OK button. The app should no longer appear in your viewing options after you close it.
Models of Samsung Smart TVs that will be released between 2017 and 2019
If the model number of your television begins with the letters K, M, LS, MU, NU, RU, or Q (for example, the Samsung Q70R Series), and you purchased it in 2017, 2018, or 2019, follow the instructions provided below.
1. Press the Home button on your remote control to bring up the Samsung Smart Hub on your television.
2. Now, to access the Apps menu, press the left side of the Directional Pad or the Navigation Ring.
3. Press the Center button on your Samsung Smart TV to bring up a list of all the apps available on the device.
4. Use the directional pad to navigate to the cog-wheel Settings icon in the top-right corner of the screen and click it to open it.
5. You should be able to see a list of all the apps that have been installed on your TV. Choose the app that you wish to remove from your Samsung TV from the list.
6. You’ll be presented with a list of all the available options for certain installed apps, as shown in the screenshot below. Select the Delete option from the drop-down menu and press the Center button.
7. When prompted to confirm the uninstallation of the program, click the Delete option.
8. You’ll receive a notification stating that the file has been successfully deleted.
On Samsung televisions from the past
If you have a Samsung TV that was released in 2016, 2015, or earlier, you should follow the steps outlined below to uninstall applications.
The E, F, H, J, K, KU, and KS line of Smart TVs from the Korean giant will be compatible with these fast steps.
Using your TV remote, press the Home button.
Navigate to the Apps menu and select it.
The My Apps tab is where you’ll find all of the apps you’ve downloaded and installed.
Option 1: Select the Options button, which may be found at the bottom right corner of the screen.
Option 2: Select the Delete option from the drop-down menu.
You can now select the apps that you want to remove from your computer.
When you have finished selecting your applications, click on the Done button.
Now, simply press the Delete button, and the apps you chose will be erased from your television.
Pre-installed applications on a Samsung television can be removed.
Pre-installed apps on Samsung Smart TVs vary depending on their geo-location, but they include both stock apps and a variety of third-party apps such as Netflix, Prime Video, and other popular video streaming services.
It is simple to uninstall apps that have been loaded on your TV; however, deleting the pre-installed apps on a Samsung TV is not feasible because the Delete button is greyed out for these programs on the Samsung TV.
Bloatware can be easily removed from Samsung Galaxy handsets, but removing it from television is more difficult.
In any case, there is a tip that may be able to assist you in uninstalling pre-installed apps on your Samsung TV, and the procedures to do so are listed below as well.
1. Press the Home button on the remote control for your television.
2. Select Apps from the drop-down menu and click it.
3. Now, using the on-screen number, hit the Number button on your remote and type the letters ‘12345’.
4. You will then see a pop-up indicating that you are in Developer mode. Select the On button when it has been highlighted.
5. At this point, pick the OK option. When you go to the Apps area of your Samsung TV, the Developer mode will be enabled. When the “Develop Mode is On status” pop-up window appears, select the Close button to dismiss it.
6. Locate, and then click on the Settings (cogwheel) symbol in the top-right corner of your television screen.
7. On the apps settings screen, select the app that you wish to remove from your device.
8. Select Lock/Unlock from the Lock/Unlock drop-down menu and click it to lock the app.
9. Enter the password ‘0000’ (this is the default password). If you try to access your app when it is locked, you will see a lock icon on the app banner image.
10. Finally, navigate to the Deep Link Test option and select it. 11.
On the next screen, select the Content id box and type anything you want using the on-screen keyboard to complete the action. Select Done from the Done drop-down menu on the keyboard.
12. You’ll be prompted to input the unlock password on the following screen. If you don’t want to input the password, use the Cancel option.
13. The Delete option, which was previously greyed out for the app, should again be available.
As you can see in the screenshot below, the Delete option has been activated in the Apple Music app on my TV. In case the option is still greyed out, try restarting the television a couple of times.
14. Select Delete from the drop-down menu and confirm your selection.
If there is another pre-installed app on your Samsung TV that you want to remove, repeat steps 8 through.
The Best Way to Remove Apps from the Samsung TV’s Home Screen
If you don’t want to (or are unable to) uninstall an app, you can still hide it from your home screen, preventing it from being completely removed.
Click Home on your remote, then navigate to the app shortcut you’d like to remove and push Remove.
Press Down to show a menu below the program, then select Remove from the drop-down menu.
Once the confirmation window appears, select Remove once more to remove the application from your home screen.
Our Final Thoughts
While you won’t be able to delete all of the apps from your Samsung smart TV, you will now know how to uninstall the ones you don’t want. Apps that aren’t used very often can be removed from your home screen to make room for those that are. You can also hide apps from your home screen if they aren’t used very often.
Meanwhile, if you’ve run out of room on your current television and have decided it’s time to upgrade, there are a plethora of excellent options available.
Frequently Ask Questions
|How do I delete apps from my Samsung Smart TV?
|To delete apps from your Samsung Smart TV, follow these steps: 1. Press the Home button on your remote control. 2. Select Apps. 3. Select the app you want to delete. 4. Press and hold the Select button on your remote control until a menu pops up. 5. Select Delete. 6. Select Yes to confirm.
|Why can’t I delete some apps from my Samsung Smart TV?
|Some apps, such as system apps, cannot be deleted from your Samsung Smart TV. These apps are essential for your TV to function properly.
|What happens when I delete an app from my Samsung Smart TV?
|When you delete an app from your Samsung Smart TV, the app’s data and settings will be deleted as well. You will not be able to restore the app or its data unless you have backed it up previously.
|How do I delete all apps from my Samsung Smart TV?
|To delete all apps from your Samsung Smart TV, follow these steps: 1. Press the Home button on your remote control. 2. Select Apps. 3. Select the Settings icon in the top right corner of the screen. 4. Select Manage Apps. 5. Select Delete All Apps. 6. Select Yes to confirm.
|How do I recover an app that I deleted from my Samsung Smart TV?
|If you deleted an app by mistake, you may be able to recover it by following these steps: 1. Press the Home button on your remote control. 2. Select Apps. 3. Select the Settings icon in the top right corner of the screen. 4. Select Manage Apps. 5. Select Deleted Apps. 6. Select the app you want to recover. 7. Select Install.
What is the best way to remove an app from my Samsung Smart TV 2014?
Press and hold the Center button on the navigation pad until the app information menu appears in the center of the screen.
WARNING: If you do not have the choice to delete the app, the software was preinstalled on the television and cannot be removed.
Select Delete from the navigation pad to delete a single program, or Multi Delete to delete many apps at the same time.
What is the best way to uninstall Netflix from my Samsung Smart Television?
To uninstall Netflix from your Samsung smart TV, simply press the Home button on your remote control once.
Select the Settings cog from the Apps tab after you have navigated to it.
Locate Netflix in your list of apps and click Delete from the drop-down menu.
To reinstall the app, return to the Smart Hub screen and select the magnifying glass icon from the drop-down menu.
I am Trevor Eason an entrepreneur, a designer, web developer, and software engineer currently living in Dallas, TX. My interests range from technology to photography. I am also interested in entrepreneurship, gaming, and basketball. I run my own Tech Win Reviews blog. Hope you will join me for all your Samsung and Tech Reviews and recommendations.