How to Connect Google Home to Samsung Smart Tv?(Easy Guide)
How to Connect Google Home to Samsung Smart Tv? Want to know how to link your Samsung TV to Google Assistant?
This guide will be your answer.
If you have a new Samsung 2020 TV, you can use Google’s voice assistant to navigate around the material on the screen easily.
You may also use the assistant to operate the most appropriate Google Home-compatible gadgets in your immediate vicinity.
Once you’ve mastered the basics of using your Samsung TV, you’ll be able to use all of the high-end capabilities included with your purchase.
It was previously necessary to link your Samsung QLED TV to a voice assistant through one of the finest Alexa speakers. Still, now Samsung TVs are natively compatible with Google’s assistant, which is a welcome development.
How to Get Peacock on Samsung Smart Tv [ Downloading and How To Use It]
Where is The Camera on Samsung Smart Tv [Locating Camera, Plus Microphone]
How to Setup Google Home on a Samsung TV?
- Set up or login in to your Samsung Account on your TV.
- Now link your mobile device’s SmartThings app to your Smart TV.
- Verify that the television can be controlled using the SmartThings app.
- Launch the Google Home app on your mobile device.
- Click the Add (+) button.
Because no far-field microphones are built into the Samsung smart TV, you’ll need to use your smart TV remote to communicate with Google Assistant.
You may begin using many of the best Google Assistant commands and best Google Home commands as soon as your Google account has been successfully associated.
You won’t get some functions on a Google-made device, such as the Google Nest Hub (2nd Gen), but you can search for movies to watch, turn on music, and modify the temperature of your smart thermostat with this device, among other things.
How to link your Samsung smart TV to Google Assistant so that you can take advantage of these capabilities immediately.
VIDEO: How to Connect Samsung TV to Google Home Hub via WiFi Network
Use Google Assistant on your Samsung TV
- Control your Samsung Smart TV using Google Home by using voice commands from Google Assistant.
- The Google Home and Samsung SmartThings mobile applications are required for the installation process.
- Some recent Samsung Smart TVs include a Google Assistant app that can be accessed using the TV’s remote.
Samsung televisions that are Compatible
Take a look at the following list to see which televisions are equipped with Google Assistant:
All of the smart television models for 2021
- QLED TVs in 8K and 4K resolution will be available in 2020.
- 2020 Crystal Ultra-High-Definition Televisions
- 2020 Televisions with a Personal Touch (Frame, Serif, Terrace, and Sero)
How to Connect Samsung TV to Google Home
Regardless of whether you have a brand-new Samsung TV or have had it for a while, the process of configuring Google Assistant is essentially the same.
Just make a connection between your Google account and your television using a smartphone.
Once Google Assistant has been enabled, you will be able to manage your television using only your voice commands!
1. To begin, ensure that the phone to which you wish to connect is signed into a Google account and that the Google Assistant software has been downloaded and installed.
The Google Assistant app is pre-installed on Android devices, so you can start using it now. Installing it on iOS is as simple as going to the App Store.)
2. When you’re ready, go to the Settings menu on your television.
Select General, and then Voice from the drop-down menu.
3. Select Voice assistant, and then Google Assistant as your favorite assistant from the drop-down menu.
Note: If you do not see Google Assistant as a viable option on your television, make sure that the software on your television is up to current.
4. I accept any terms and conditions or permissions that Google Assistant may want me to provide.
5. In your phone’s Google Assistant app, search for and say the phrase “Set up my Assistant device.”
Once you’ve done that, follow the on-screen instructions.
Please keep in mind that if you are setting up a TV model from 2021, you may skip this step.
6. The following step will differ depending on whether you have a 2020 or a 2021 model.
Models for 2020: Your phone will begin searching for your television.
When it shows in the list of devices, choose it and then press the Next button.
Your television will display a code corresponding to your phone’s code. To confirm the code, press the Yes button on your phone.
Models from the year 2021: Navigate to the website presented on the TV with your phone, and then input the code displayed on the television.
Alternately, you can scan the QR code that is presented on the screen.
Check that the code is correct before pressing the Enter key.
7. Give your TV permission to access your phone if this is required.
You can now activate the voice control on your television by pushing the Microphone button on the remote and speaking into it.
8. To make changes to the Google Assistant’s settings, go return to the Settings menu and select General, followed by Voice.
Change the language and command choices for Google Assistant by selecting Google Assistant Settings.
What is the best way to connect Google Assistant to your Samsung television?
With a Chromecast, you can link Google Home or Google Assistant to your Samsung Smart TV and use them together.
You will be able to control your Samsung television using your voice in this manner.
This will be explained in greater detail later in this essay.
Beginner’s Guide to Using Google Home with Your Samsung TV
STEP 1: Connecting a Chromecast to your television is the first step.
Using Google Home, you can manage your Samsung smart television through the use of a Google Chromecast device.
The Chromecast allows you to stream movies, television shows, and music to your television via the internet.
Chromecast is supported by virtually every streaming provider.
Setup is as simple as plugging this small gadget into a free HDMI socket on your television and use the Google Home app.
STEP 2: Connecting Google Chromecast to Google Assistant
Connect the Chromecast to the Google Home device.
Installing the Google Home app on your smartphone or tablet allows you to configure a Chromecast.
When you’ve just finished configuring a new Chromecast, why are you opening this app?
At the top of the screen, you’ll see the notification ‘Set up new devices.’
To set up your Chromecast, select this option.
Follow the on-screen prompts to complete the task.
It’s critical to allocate your new Chromecast to a suitable area in order to be able to control it conveniently in the future. Give your Chromecast a name that people will remember, such as ‘TV Living Room.’
STEP 3: Make use of voice commands to operate your Samsung television.
Voice control for Samsung televisions
When you first set up your Chromecast, it is automatically linked to your Google Home account.
You may now interact with your Samsung television by issuing commands.
For example, you may say something like “Hey Google, turn on the TV in the living room.”
Your Samsung smart TV will turn on automatically.
Do you want to play a game?
Alternately, use another voice command.
Simply say “Hey Google, play Slimmer Huis from Coolblue via YouTube on the TV in the living room,” and the playlist will begin to play automatically.
You can also do the same thing with Netflix, which is quite convenient.
What is the benefit of connecting your TV to Google Home?
Google Home enables its users to access user apps, save content, favorite content, use voice commands to turn on and off their television, and control their television using their mobile phones using the Google Assistant.
Which voice commands are compatible with the Samsung TV?
For Samsung Smart TVs, here are some Google Assistant voice commands you may use with your device:
- “All right/Hey Google, turn [on/off] the television.”
- “All right/Hey Google, turn the volume [up/down] on the television.”
- “All right/Hey Google, change the station [up/down] on the television.”
- “All right/Hey Google, adjust the station on the television to [number].”
- Input name: [input name]. Okay/Hey Google, change the input to [input name] on the TV.
- “All right/Hey Google, [play/pause/resume/pause] on the television.”
In the case of a newer Samsung Smart TV that includes the Google Assistant app integrated into, you will be able to issue additional commands by pushing the microphone button on the remote control.
Our Thoughts: How to Connect Google Home to Samsung Smart Tv
You may also use Google Home to control other smart home gadgets that are connected to the Google Assistant. The following are examples of such commands:
- Google, search for [content kind] on YouTube, all right/all ok Google
- Play[actor/genre/show] on Google, if you don’t mind.
- All right/Hey Google, turn the thermostat down to 70 degrees.’
- “Okay/Hey Google, how is the weather today?” says one.
FAQs on Google Home Smart TV
What is the best way to link my LG smart TV to Google Home?
Ensure that your LG smart TV is compatible with Google Home by checking the compatibility list.
You’ll need a Super UHD LCD TV or an LG TV that runs WebOS 4.0 to play this game.
In the event that your TV is compatible, configure your Google Home, then use the LG TV remote to select Set Up TV for the Google Assistant by pressing Home on the remote.
Complete the setup by following the on-screen prompts, and then launch the Google Home application.
Home Control can be found by going to the Menu button and searching for it.
You’ll be able to see the Google Assistant application.
To add a device, select LG ThinQ from the drop-down menu that appears.
After logging into your LG account, you’ll be able to utilize Google Home and Google Assistant with your LG smart TV without any difficulty.
What is the best way to connect Google Home to a Vizio TV?
You’ll need to have one of their models to connect a Google Home device to a Vizio SmartCast TV or Home Theater Display. SmartCast TV Home can be accessed by pressing the VIZIO button on your remote control if your TV is compatible.
Select Extras > OK, than Google Assistant from the drop-down menu. Follow the on-screen directions to pair your TV with your computer, log into your myVIZIO account, and enable your Google Home device and Google Assistant to work together.