Samsung quick connect Shocking Features
We won’t blame you if you don’t know what Quick Connect Samsung does, whether it’s because your carrier has decided to permanently install it in your notification shade or because you’ve gone seeking for it.
This unclear utility has been featured on Samsung Galaxy devices for a few generations, and it’s an all-in-one program for streaming multimedia from your phone to devices that support protocols like WIfi Direct and Miracast.
And, while you may not have seen it before, Samsung Quick Connect is a built-in feature that you might want to use — let us explain how it works.
Samsung Quick Connect or Smart Things Extreme Features
You can connect and operate various devices more quickly and easily with SmartThings.
You can monitor and control smart gadgets, home appliances, TVs, and speakers registered on the server from anywhere.
[Features to look for]
— Control and monitor devices connected to a Wi-Fi access point from afar.
– Organize several devices into a Mode and control them all at the same time.
– Configure your device’s settings, such as the time and operating conditions, and have them work on their own.
– To enable shared control, invite others to a place where devices are registered.
– You can use the notification feature to get information about your device’s state.
What is Samsung Galaxy Quick Connect?
Samsung Quick connect on the latest Samsung devices allows you to search for nearby devices and connect to them without having to go through the complicated Bluetooth or WiFi Direct settings.
Bluetooth or WiFi direct can be used to connect car Bluetooth (including screen mirroring through Miracast).
Actually, if you’ve been using the latest Samsung devices for a while, you’ve undoubtedly noticed Samsung Quick Connect on a handful of them already, such as the Galaxy S5, Galaxy Note 4, and so on.
Regrettably, many owners are unsure how to use it!
Many smartphone users, particularly those who are new to Android, may experience difficulties connecting two devices over Bluetooth or WiFi direct.
For many Galaxy S6 owners, Samsung Quick Connect can make life easier.
Please note that the Samsung Quick connect on the Galaxy S6 and Galaxy S6 Edge is the same.
This android guide is applicable to the latest Samsung devices.
How does Samsung Quick Connect Work?
Technically speaking, Quick Connect is an app that allows you to connect your phone to a range of Wifi devices that support different protocols — including Wifi Direct and Miracast — to display photographs, video, or audio.
That’s really wonderful because when you connect Quick you’re likely to see a list of popular home entertainment gear that can connect—like Xbox One, Chromecast, smart TVs, Miracast dongles, and set-top boxes.
If you have another modern Samsung phone or tablet, Quick Connect can also be used to exchange photographs, videos, audio, calendar events, locations, contacts, and files between them.
Surprisingly, in Quick Connect, Samsung doesn’t even favor its own devices—you may choose which device works best for you.
Simply open Quick connect and choose where to share—you may then choose from photographs, movies, or audio stored on the device to transfer.
You can select one or more items, and while there’s no slideshow-style display, you can opt to navigate through them at your own pace.
You can hit the main button and use the other android device for other things while the devices are still linked – just tap the persistent notice to connect back to Quick.
You definitely have at least one item that can receive via Quick Connect from your Samsung Galaxy device and didn’t realize it – and now that you know how simple (and handy) it is, you might test it out.
Where Can I Find Samsung Quick Connect?
Quick connect can be found in one of four places, depending on where you purchased your Samsung Galaxy device.
1. When you pull down the notification shade on most Samsung Galaxy models, you’ll notice a large Fast connect button, but if it’s not there (count yourself lucky), you can find it in the quick settings section by hitting “edit” at the top of the notification shade and toggling or moving it.
2. When sharing photographs, video, or music, you’ll also see Samsung Quick connect as an option in the Share menu.
3. In any event, you’ll be sent to a very basic open Quick connect page that will tell you basically what it can do and then ask you whether you want your phone to be visible all of the time or only when the app is turned on – we suggest the latter.
4. If the other device doesn’t support Quick connect, you’ll have to manually turn on Bluetooth or WiFi Direct.
If the other device supports Samsung Quick connect, all you have to do now is turn it on.
Open Quick connect will automatically enable the essential settings for you.
That’s it; there’s nothing further to set up you can see why this is a little perplexing.
2 Steps on Using Samsung Quick Connect
Open the notification panel and select Quick Connect from the drop-down menu.
To access the Samsung Galaxy S6 notification panel, swipe down from the status bar.
As illustrated below, Open Quick Connect.
If this is your first time utilizing this function, choose a visibility option and then hit TURN ON QUICK CONNECT, as shown below.
You should adjust the visibility of your Samsung Galaxy only when Quick Connect is turned on for security concerns, as illustrated below.
Later, tap Settings on the top right to change the Samsung Galaxy visibility.
As demonstrated above, you can also adjust the privacy for Samsung Galaxy Quick Connect so that Galaxy Note is only visible to contacts.
Locate and connect to more devices.
When you turn on Samsung Galaxy Quick Connect, your Galaxy device’s Wi-Fi and Bluetooth functions will be automatically activated.
The Galaxy S6 will begin looking for neighboring devices.
You can open Quick connect or manually enable Bluetooth devices and WiFi Direct on other devices.
If you manually turn on Bluetooth, make sure that the device’s visibility is turned on.
How about Using Samsung Quick Connect to Share Content
8 Steps in Sharing Content using Samsung Quick Connect
1. Tap the Share button after selecting the content you want to share.
2. The placement of the icon may fluctuate depending on your device.
3. Choose the option to share via.
4. Select Quick Connect from the list of sharing choices.
5. Allowing the connection may be requested by the device you’re connecting to.
6. To allow the connection, select the relevant option from the list.
7. This feature makes connecting to adjacent devices much easier.
8. The technique is the same whether you’re connecting a Wi-Fi direct device or a Bluetooth device.
After understanding this article, you will realize how great this feature of Samsung Quick Connect is.
YES! It’s hard to find and do the actual procedure but trust me, it’s worth it!
Basically, the quick connection was an airdrop function, a mirror cast, connecting to devices, sharing data and managing the device, and more fundamentally, it was the ultimate form of modern fast sharing, smart objects, and phone visibility, screen mirroring.
So Samsung had the best ecosystem control, but since we know it was too low and most of them were unaware of this feature, Samsung had to divide it into portions, but it was the ultimate purpose of all the elements listed above.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is Samsung’s Quick Connect?
Quick Connect searches for nearby devices and lists those you can connect to.
By enabling Quick Connect, other devices can also search and connect to your device.
How to do Samsung screen mirroring?
- To turn on your Samsung smartphone/screen tablet’s mirroring function, drag your finger from the top of the screen to pull down the notification bar.
- Search options for “Wireless Display Application.”
- Tap Screen Mirroring OR Quick Connect.
How can I remove Samsung Quick Connect?
In the Galaxy S6 and S6 Edge Android 5.1. 1 upgrade, there is a new default option to remove S Finder and Quick connect from the pull-down.
The update is handed out slowly, so don’t worry if you haven’t received yours.
You may easily check Settings -> System Update -> Update it right now.