How To Clear Cache On Samsung TV? The deletion of a device’s cache on a regular basis protects it from dangerous malware and improves performance.
Although we clear cookies and cache in our computer browsers and phones, we often forget to do so with our Samsung Smart TVs.
If you do not clear the cache on your Samsung smart tv on a regular basis, you will frequently experience a lack of memory.
You can also evaluate and delete the apps you don’t use while performing the ‘Clear Cache’ operation. It will save a significant amount of storage space on your Smart TV, and this article will walk you through the process of clearing the cache on your TV.
WHAT IS CACHE STORAGE ON YOUR SMART TV?
Given its features and performance, the Samsung Smart TV is an excellent choice. Every smart device has a cache – a storage area for temporary files, images, and other relevant information. It is useful whenever you open the app because it will serve the data from the cache faster.
However, as the cache size grows, the speed and performance of the running apps may suffer. As a result, it is always advisable to delete the device’s cache on a regular basis to ensure that your Samsung Smart TV runs smoothly.
WHY IS CLEARING CACHE NEEDED?
There are several advantages to clearing the cache on your Samsung Smart TV:
- Increased speed – Failure to clear the TV’s cache may reduce the device’s speed.
- Malware protection: By clearing the cache on your Smart TV, you can protect it from target viruses and malware.
- Improved performance: Some websites may not function properly due to garbage data in the cache. Clearing it can help you out.
- Space; today’s smart TVs have a lot of exciting features, and they all require space to function! Clearing cache gives you much-needed space for new apps.
HOW TO CLEAR CACHE ON SAMSUNG SMART TV?
Cookies and massive browsing data can accumulate in your Samsung TV over time, potentially affecting the device’s browsing experience.
Method 1 – Models from 2020 and up
Device Care can be used to clean the memory on TVs manufactured after 2020. Select Home > Settings > Support > Device Care > Start Device Care with your remote.
Method 2 – Samsung TVs in 2019
You can clear the device cache and create more memory by using your TV Device Manager. Select Home >> Settings >> Support >> Self Diagnosis >> TV Device Manager with your remote.
Method 3 – 7 Series
- Go to Settings
- Select Support
- Click on Self Diagnosis
- Click TV Device Manager
- You should see a screen with Memory Boost, Clean Running Apps and Manage Storage. Select and you’re done!
This works for most Samsung 7 series.
Go to Smart Hub. Click Settings >>> Support >>> Self Diagnosis >>> Reset Smart Hub
Turn off your Samsung TV, then turn it back on and hold the power button for about 20 seconds to clear the cache. Before clearing the cache on other models, make the following preparations:
- Before you open the lg smart TV settings, make sure the TV Mode or HDMI input mode is turned on.
- The following steps will delete cached media and clear cookies. However, it won’t impact Bookmarks and History.
Follow these steps for TU/Q/LS Model TVs:
- Using the remote control, navigate to the Home menu. Go to the Settings page.
- Navigate to the Broadcasting tab (you must select “TV” as your input source for it to appear) and select Expert Settings from the list of options.
- HbbTV Settings can be found in the Expert Settings.
- Select Delete browsing data. A confirmation dialog box will appear. You’re done when you click Delete.
For MU/M/NU/RU/Q and Frame Model TVs:
The above steps will work as well. However, if you find that the Expert Settings is disabled, switch the source to Live TV and recheck the Broadcasting tab. Once you delete the cookies, a success popup notification will appear.
These are the steps for K/KU/KS Smart TV models:
- Navigate to the Home button on the remote control and select Settings from the window that appears.
- Select Expert Settings from the Broadcasting tab.
- Select HbbTV Settings from the list of options.
- Select Delete browsing data. If you want to delete the device cookies, a confirmation box will appear.
- To proceed, select the Yes option. After a few minutes, the device cache will be cleared.
For J/JU/JS Model TVs, follow the below steps:
- Open the web browser app.
- Go to the Menu button at the top right corner of the app and click the Settings button.
- Choose Privacy & Security from the menu items.
- Click on Delete Browsing Data. Confirm by clicking Yes to clear the cache and cookies.
IF SAMSUNG CACHE CLEARING FAILS
It’s time to think about restarting your television. You should be aware, however, that performing a reset will erase all data on your device, including the device’s memory.
Go to Settings >> Support >> Self Diagnosis >> Reset and enter your PIN to reset your TV (the default is 0000).
Clear Cache Of An App On Samsung TV
You must clear the cached data for each app separately on Samsung smart TVs, just as you would on a mobile device. To clear the cache of a specific Smart TV app, simply follow these simple steps:
- On your TV remote, press the Home button.
- Select Apps from the Settings menu.
- Now, select the app whose cache storage you want to clear.
- Clear cache by clicking the button.
- A confirmation dialog box will appear. Then click the Yes button to finish.
Reinstalling the app is another option. Most Samsung TV app bugs should be resolved.
You can try these steps for apps that aren’t working properly because of unwanted cache on your device. The procedure may take a few minutes. This article has provided you with a step-by-step procedure for clearing the cache on your Samsung Smart TV and ensuring its proper operation.
Don’t Forget the Screen While ‘Cleaning’ the Inside of Your Samsung TV! Whoosh is a next-generation modern screen cleaner that is specifically designed to clean and shine all of your TVs, smartphones, and consumer electronic screens!
BENEFITS OF CLEARING CACHE
Everyone talks about the advantages of clearing cache memory, but what effect does it have on your smart TV (or any other device)? Following the deletion of your cache, the following will occur:
- The pace will quicken. We understand that cache can have an impact on your device’s speed and performance, especially if you haven’t cleared it in a while. Your TV will run faster after you do this. You should not expect miracles, but we are confident you will notice a difference.
- You are defending your device against malware. Many viruses target cache memory because they know people frequently forget to clear it. Your device will be more secure against viruses if you do so.
- The browsing experience will improve. We’re not just talking about speed, though that’s the most noticeable difference. If you had trouble opening certain websites, it could have been due to items in your cache. That should be the end of it.
There are a few more minor reasons, but we hope this is enough to persuade you to start clearing your cache on a regular basis.
HOW TO CLEAR COOKIES ON SAMSUNG TV?
Since you’re here, you might as well clear the cookies on your Samsung TV. Let’s face it: when was the last time you cleared your cookies? If you can’t remember, do it right now.
Here’s how to go about it:
- Turn on your Samsung television.
- On your remote control, press the Home button.
- Navigate to Settings.
- Choose Broadcasting.
- Select Expert Settings from the Broadcasting menu.
- Navigate to the HbbTV Settings page.
- Choose Delete Browsing Data.
- The app will then ask if you want to delete the cookies.
- Select Yes to confirm.
That’s all! It will only take you a minute, but it will be well worth your time.
HOW TO CLEAR BROWSING DATA ON A SAMSUNG SMART TV?
Cookies are browsing data collected over a specific period of time while using your device to access the internet. So, to delete these cookies and browsing data from your Samsung Smart TV, follow these steps:
- Turn on the television.
- Take your Samsung smart TV’s remote control and point it in the direction of the TV before pressing the ‘home’ button.
- To access the settings, use your remote.
- There will be numerous options available to you. Choose ‘broadcasting’ from the list of available options.
- A new menu called ‘broadcasting menu’ will appear. From this menu, select the ‘expert settings’ option and tap it.
- ‘HbbTV settings’ must now be selected.
- The ‘delete browsing data’ option should now be available.
- To confirm the deletion of your browsing data, select the ‘yes’ option.
- After completing these steps, you will notice that your browsing data has been deleted from your Samsung Smart TV.
In some cases, the broadcasting function on your Samsung Smart TV may be unavailable. You should be able to notice an improvement in performance on your Samsung Smart TV now.
CONCLUSION On How To Clear Cache
Cleaning the dust off your devices is only one aspect of device maintenance. Many future problems can be avoided if you treat your Samsung TV with care. It doesn’t take long to clear your cache and cookies every now and then. As a result, your television will last longer and you will save money on repairs.
How frequently do you clear the cache memory? Do you have a habit of forgetting to do it? Please share your thoughts in the comments section below.
FAQs About How To Clear Cache On Samsung TV
Do you need to clear cache on Smart TV?
Most LG Smart TVs have two types of caches: app caches and browser caches. If you’re still experiencing performance lag after attempting the methods listed above, you might want to focus on clearing the browser and app caches specifically.
What happens when cached data is cleared?
All of the data mentioned above is cleared when the app cache is cleared. The application then saves more critical information as data, such as user settings, databases, and login information. More importantly, when you clear the data, both the cache and the data are deleted.
How do I get more internal memory on my Samsung TV?
It is not possible to upgrade the memory option on the Samsung Smart TV because the RAM is located within the TV’s circuit board and cannot be upgraded because it is part of the computer system. However, you can clear out some memory data and space so that you have more room on your TV to download the apps and services you want.