Prime Video Not Working On Roku? Why do you need Roku TV working? Because it enables you to download numerous well-known streaming apps, including Prime Video, Roku is fantastic. What occurs if the Amazon Prime Video app on your Roku stops functioning?
Fortunately, several tried-and-true solutions can be used to solve the issue. So here’s what you need to do immediately to get Prime Video operating once more.
Prime Video Not Working on Roku
You need to restart your Roku if Prime Video isn’t working. First, on the Roku remote, press the home button five times. Then, click the rewind button twice while simultaneously pressing the up arrow once. Finally, press the fast-forward button twice to complete. This will force a restart.
After the Roku has finished resetting, give it some time to reconnect. It shouldn’t take long, and hopefully, Prime Video is now functional for you.
How To Fix Prime Video Not Working On Roku Through Troubleshooting?
1. Roku Power Cycle
Restarting is the most straightforward repair for common problems that affect electrical equipment. The flaws and bugs causing this problem can frequently be found relatively easily.
You can restart your Roku by either shutting off the device and relaunching the app immediately, or you can unplug the Roku device from its power source and wait a few minutes.
- Alternatively, you can access the Roku TV home page by using the Home button on the Roku Remote.
- Go to Settings > System > System Restart from there.
- Choose Restart, then wait for a complete reboot of the gadget.
2. Observe Your Internet Connection
Whether power cycling didn’t solve the problem, check your internet connection to see if it’s broken. You can check by launching any other Roku TV app or website on your phone while connected to the same Wi-Fi network.
Disconnect the Roku from that connection and then reconnect it to check if it works and if you can access the internet via your phone but cannot use any Roku TV applications.
Sometimes a sluggish internet connection can prevent the Roku device from functioning correctly. If that occurs, check your internet speed to determine if you have enough to run Amazon Prime on Roku.
You can speak with your internet service provider to find out what’s wrong with your internet connection if the problem is with the internet.
3. Block VPN services if any
You can download and install applications on Roku TV through the company’s application store. While Roku often does not advise it, you can also download programs from numerous third-party sites.
Because Amazon masks your IP address and offers geo-restricted content through Amazon Prime, Amazon does not support VPN. For Amazon Prime to function correctly, ensure no VPN is active on your Roku TV.
4. Update the Amazon Prime app
If it stopped operating, you might use an out-of-date version of Amazon Prime. On Amazon, there is an auto-update function. You can manually upgrade it to the most recent version if it’s not functioning, then restart the Roku.
5. Log out and Re-login to Your Amazon Prime Account
Try signing out of your Amazon account and logging back in if the update didn’t work; this can help you fix the problem.
To accomplish that:
- Select Unregistered Devices from the settings menu on your Roku TV.
- Start the gadget again after you’ve done that.
- Open your Prime Application after that, and register the device by providing the correct login information.
6. Reinstall the Amazon Prime Channel
Still not working. Don’t panic; reinstalling Prime Video is the only way to fix some problems with it.
- Press the home button on the remote and choose the Prime Video channel to delete.
- Select “Remove Channel” by pressing the “Options” button on the remote control.
- Now, relaunch the Roku TV, as previously mentioned.
- Select “Streaming Channels” and “Search Channels” when you are back on the Home Screen.
- Select “Add Channel” after searching for Prime Video.
- Reinstalling the software will remove the outdated cache, install the most recent firmware, and fix any issues.
7. Refresh Roku firmware
On occasion, your Roku TV may be using out-of-date firmware. Your device’s apps will all be updated automatically when the firmware is upgraded.
- Additionally, updates fix errors and include new features for your convenience.
- If your Roku keeps restarting, updating the firmware has been known to cure it.
- Roku should have an automatic updating function. You can constantly update it manually if you don’t.
- Navigate to “Settings > System > System Update” by pressing the Home button on your remote.
- Select “Check Now,” and if any updates are available, let them install before rebooting the computer.
8. Examine your Amazon Prime membership.
If you’ve tried everything and your Amazon Prime Video still needs to be fixed, your account may have a problem.
- Check to see if your subscription is still active first.
- You may have overlooked renewing your subscription.
- Additionally, confirm that the login information you provided is accurate. It could become unresponsive if the login information is incorrect.
- The program may occasionally crash if the Amazon Prime Server is down. In that case, give it some time before attempting to launch the application once more.
9. Refresh Modem/Router
Resetting your modem/router will be a smart option if you still have connectivity problems. You can reset your modem or router softly or hard depending on your problem.
A soft reset may be a good idea if you’re having any problems with your internet connectivity. Unhook the cable connecting your modem and router, wait a little while, and then replug it.
A hard reset is the other method. Your Router/factory Modem’s default settings are restored. You can do so if your modem starts to slow down and affect your internet connection or you can’t get your router to work with a Roku device.
Make sure the device is turned on before doing the hard reset. Next, locate the reset button on the back of your modem or router and press it firmly for 10 to 15 seconds with a pin or needle. Watch for it to finish the reset; it can take a minute or two.
Video: Amazon Prime Video Doesn’t Work On Roku TV
10. Factory Reset for Roku
Like your modem, most problems can be resolved with a factory reset.
Although it is straightforward, doing so will delete all downloaded content, installed channels, and reminder preferences. Therefore, permanently save this option if none of the other options fail.
- If your remote malfunctions or you misplace it, you can still reset your Roku using this method.
- On the Roku remote, press the “Home” button, then select “Settings > System > Advanced System Settings.”
- Select “Factory Reset,” then check “Factory Reset everything.”
- Your smartphone will restart and reset itself as soon as you enter the code on the screen.
11. Message Support
It’s time to get in touch with Roku Customer Support if none of the troubleshooting techniques mentioned above were successful. Select your issue from the problem list on the website’s Support Page.
A selection of assistance articles that are pretty varied will appear after you have chosen the problem. Clicking the “Need more help” button will give you two options if you still have problems. Then select the “Email” button and complete the form before pressing the “Send” button.
How to Make Prime Video Work on Roku?
When you check the internet speed on your Roku TV, the signal quality should be “Excellent,” and the download speed for Prime Video Content should be at least 1 Mb/s.
When streaming content in standard definition or HD, Amazon advises having a download speed of at least 1 Mbps and 5 Mbps, respectively.
Before reinstalling Prime Video, erase all the application’s data after uninstalling it. Any choices that prevent you from using the app will be removed.
Sometimes, all other application users will not be able to access it if any individuals with access to your account change the account password.
You can contact customer service using your Twitter account if live chat with a representative is not an option. Bring your Roku device to the closest service facility if none of the above fixes the problem.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I reset my Prime Video on my Roku TV?
Step 1: Take the Roku remote and press the “Home” button. Step 2: Select the “*” button on the remote and click on the “Prime Video” channel. Step 3: When finished, select “Remove Channel” and power up your Roku device again. Step 4: Return to the “Home Screen” and select “Streaming Channels” this time.
Why won’t Prime Video function for me?
Look into your Internet connection. Your connected device and router might need to be restarted. Also, update the DNS settings on your connected device if you can access the internet on other devices. For more information, kindly contact the manufacturer of your device.
Why has Amazon Prime on my TV suddenly stopped working?
Try 30 seconds of Wi-Fi router disconnection followed by 30 seconds of reconnection. After signing out, sign back into your Amazon Prime Video account. Reinstall the Amazon Prime Video app, log in, and then delete the current version. Finally, restart your computer or another device.