How To Restore Contacts On Samsung Phone? [5 Easy Ways]
How To Restore Contacts On Samsung Phone?
Whether you’ve inadvertently deleted contacts on your Samsung (Galaxy) phone or the contacts list has vanished for other reasons, successful contacts recovery on Samsung is critical for you because you rely on them to stay in touch with the rest of the world.
Fortunately, there are always methods for recovering lost or deleted phone numbers on Android Samsung galaxy note phones. Depending on how you lost the contacts, recovery can be simple or difficult.
VIDEO: How To Restore Contacts On Samsung Phone
Wach this video to see how to restore your contacts.
How To Scan Documents With A Samsung Phone for Android?
How To Delete History On Samsung Phone?
INQUIRE WITH THE SERVICE OPERATOR
When your Samsung contacts go missing, this is the first thing you should try. You can contact your service provider (e.g., Verizon or ATT) and request permission to recover your lost contacts. Please keep in mind that not all mobile phone service providers will have a copy of your contacts on file.
RESTORE GMAIL ACCOUNT CONTACTS (GOOGLE CONTACTS)
If you are unable to recover Samsung Galaxy Note, deleting contact numbers from your service provider, is another option. When you first set up your Samsung Android phone, you will be prompted to add a Google account that will be associated with your device.
If your Google account is synced with the device, Google Contacts should keep a backup of your Samsung contacts, and you should be able to restore the lost contact numbers from there. Remember that you can recover deleted Samsung phone contacts from the last 30 days.
Here’s how to recover deleted contacts from Google Contacts on Samsung smartphones.
- Launch your web browser on your computer.
- Log in to the Gmail account you use to sync your Samsung phone.
- In the upper left corner of the Gmail screen, click the nine dots.
- Select Contacts.
- Click More and then Undo Change in Google Contacts’ left sidebar.
- To include the deleted contacts, select the appropriate time frame. Contacts can be restored back up to 30 days.
- Click the CONFIRM button.
- When the notification “your contacts list will be changed back to how it was on [time you set]…” appears, click REDO.
- Open the Settings app on your Samsung (Galaxy).
- Tap Accounts, and then Google.
- If you have more than one account, select the one with which your contacts are associated.
- If it isn’t turned on, check the Sync contacts box.
- Select Sync Now.
Contacts that have been deleted or lost will be restored to your Samsung Android smartphone. More on Importing, restoring, or backing up contacts in Google Contacts. If that doesn’t work, move on to the next option.
RECOVER CONTACTS FROM SAMSUNG PHONE’S INTERNAL MEMORY
Even if your phone numbers were not saved somewhere, they are not lost forever. Contacts deleted from Samsung smartphones are technically retained in internal storage until they are overwritten by newly recovered data from your sim card.
So, if you discover that your contacts have been lost, the first step is to make sure you don’t save anything else and to set the device aside.
There are numerous software applications available for recovering deleted contacts and phone numbers from a Samsung phone. Android Data Recovery is one of the best-rated options.
This program will automatically scan the deep area of your Galaxy phone for files that have not yet been overwritten. Then you simply point and click to restore your deleted contacts, pictures, call logs, videos, audio, messages, notes, and documents. It is compatible with all popular Android phones and tablets.
The following describes how to use the program to recover deleted contacts from Samsung Galaxy phone storage.
- Download and install Android Data Recovery on either Windows or Mac.
- Begin the program by connecting your Samsung phone to the machine.
- On the device, enable USB debugging.
- Check the box next to Contacts on the file type selection page.
- To root your phone (see how to root Android) and perform a deep scan, click the Rooting Tools button. This increases the likelihood of locating your missing contacts.
- This Samsung contacts recovery software displays the scan progress and search results in the main window.
- Choose which contacts you want to recover.
- Click Recover and save them to a location on your hard drive like in your Samsung Galaxy s8 and Samsung Galaxy s7.
HOW CAN I GET BACK DELETED CONTACTS FROM SAMSUNG CLOUD?
Your contacts should be synchronized to the cloud if you have a Samsung Galaxy and have enabled the Samsung Cloud service on your phone. If this is the case, you can restore contacts on your Samsung Galaxy phone from the Samsung Cloud. Here’s how:
- Navigate to the Settings app on your Samsung Galaxy phone.
- Scroll to the bottom and select Cloud and accounts.
- Select Samsung Cloud.
- Select Restore.
- Scroll down and select Contacts (Samsung account).
- Select RESTORE NOW. The restoration of your deleted contacts from the most recent cloud backup will begin on your Samsung Galaxy phone.
It is important to note that only contacts (Contact list, Email, address, Business card) saved in your Samsung account can be restored. Furthermore, Samsung Cloud is currently only available on select Galaxy devices and through select carriers (s).
RECOVER CONTACTS FROM BACKUP IN SAMSUNG SMART SWITCH
Samsung, like Apple, has its own media management tool – Smart Switch – for Samsung phone users. It allows you to easily synchronize contacts between devices and backup data locally. If you’ve already made a backup on your computer, restoring deleted contacts is a simple process. Here’s how to recover contacts from a Samsung Smart Switch.
- Connect your Samsung phone via cable to the computer and launch Smart Switch.
- Select Restore.
- If you have more than one backup, click “Select your backup data.”
- Choose a backup to restore.
- In Personal content, select Contacts.
- Select OK.
- Now, select Restore.
Your lost contacts will now be restored to your Samsung phone.
Conclusion: The Importance of Backing Up Your Data
While there are numerous methods for recovering deleted or lost contacts from Samsung (Galaxy) phones, the best way to keep your contacts safe is to have them backed up on a regular basis.
You can export them and save them on your computer’s (external) hard drive, or you can configure your contacts to be saved to the cloud, such as Google accounts or other cloud services.
FAQs about How To Restore Contacts On Samsung Phone
Why did my contacts vanish from my Samsung?
Navigate to Settings on your Android or Samsung device. Account and Google account should be selected. Check the Account sync button and see if the Contacts button is turned on. If so, you can also turn it off and then back on.
Can I recover deleted Android contacts?
Open the Google Contacts website on your computer and sign in with your Google account. Now, in the top right corner, click the ‘Settings’ icon. Select the restoration period by clicking on ‘Undo Changes.’
What happened to all my contacts?
Go to your inbox and choose “Contacts” from the dropdown menu. If your contacts are visible, click “More” and then “Restore contacts.” Installing and running the Android Recovery Tool is another useful tip. You can do this using your Windows or Mac browser to help you find your lost contacts.