Is Netflix not working on Apple TV devices?
With its vast titles, Netflix is undoubtedly the best on-demand movie streaming service.
The fact that their platform works on a variety of devices and has an easy-to-use UI sets them apart from the competitors. Most stylish Smart TVs even have Netflix, improving the viewing experience for their customers.
Netflix Not Loading on Samsung TV: Issues & Fixes
Netflix is not flawless, though; periodically, it may experience faults and other issues. As a result, using Netflix on your Apple TV is difficult for you right now if you’re reading this.
This problem on Netflix typically results from server-related issues, but you must consider other things when fixing it.
If the Netflix app for Apple TV isn’t functioning correctly, this tutorial will teach you how to fix it in a few simple steps. Let’s begin immediately!
How Can I Make Netflix On Apple TV Work Again?
This article will show you how to fix the Netflix app on Apple TV if it isn’t functioning correctly.
1. Verify the Netflix servers
Checking the server status is always the first step you should take whenever you experience issues with Netflix (or other apps). Netflix depends on its servers to deliver its services and features because it is an online platform.
Visit their dedicated page, where they display the status of their servers and any issues they’ve had with checking Netflix’s servers. If Netflix’s website is inaccessible, you can use third-party websites like Downdetector.
The best course of action is to wait until Netflix resolves the issue if the servers are unavailable. However, you can still attempt the techniques suggested below to see if anything helps.
2. Login once more to your Netflix account
When Netflix servers go down, your account data may become corrupted, causing several issues on the platform.
Try to log out of your Netflix account and log back in after some time to reload your user data to fix this. The ways to log out of your Netflix account on Apple TV are listed below:
- Press the Menu button on your Apple TV remote to open the options menu.
- The Settings tab should then be selected.
- Select Sign Out and follow the on-screen instructions to log out of your Netflix account.
After you finish, wait a few minutes before signing back into your account.
3. Shut Down Every Device
Depending on your selected plan, Netflix only permits a specific number of devices to be connected to your account. Before linking the Netflix app to your Apple TV, sign out of your account on other devices if it isn’t functioning.
Follow the instructions below to log out of your account on Android and iOS:
- To open the Netflix app, tap it on your home screen.
- Next, tap your Profile in the top right corner of the screen.
- Finally, select Sign Out.
See the instructions below to log out of your Netflix account on a Windows PC:
- First, use your Windows computer to view Netflix.
- Next, click the More Options icon in the window’s upper right corner.
- Finally, select Sign Out and confirm your decision by following the on-screen instructions.
You can log out of your Netflix account if you are using a Mac computer or browser by doing the following actions:
- Go to the Netflix website using your Mac or browser.
- Then, click while your cursor is on the notification bell symbol next to your Netflix profile.
- Finally, select Sign Out of Netflix and then proceed as instructed.
To sign out of your Netflix account on other devices, visit the Netflix Help Center and look for the specific instructions for your device. Then, return to the Netflix app for Apple TV after logging out of your Netflix account to see if the issue has been resolved.
4. Force the Netflix App to Exit
There may have been several issues with the Netflix app due to temporary glitches and malfunctions. To resolve this problem, try forcibly closing the Netflix app on your Apple TV and reloading all its resources.
See the detailed instructions below to close Netflix forcibly:
- To open the application switcher on your Apple TV, press the Home button on your remote control twice.
- Next, select Netflix from the list of programs on your Apple TV.
- Finally, to stop Netflix from running, select it and slide upward on the Siri Remote’s Touch Surface.
Once finished, return to your home screen and start the Netflix app again.
5. Update the Apple TV Firmware and the Netflix App
To ensure that bugs and other mistakes are fixed, Netflix regularly updates its platform. In addition, they offer security and speed enhancements with the update to enhance their platform.
Your Netflix app could need to be updated, if you last looked for one ago. For instructions on updating the Netflix app for Apple TV, see the guide below:
- Launch the Settings app on your Apple TV first.
- Go to General > Software Updates now.
- Select Update Software/Update Automatically after that.
- To proceed, click Download and Install and then follow the on-screen instructions.
Return to Netflix after this step to see if the app is operational.
Video: How To Fix Netflix Not Working On Apple TV?
6. Install Netflix again
A faulty firmware upgrade or a server outage corrupted the Netflix installation files on your Apple TV. Remove the Netflix app from your smartphone and reinstall a functional version to resolve this.
To delete Netflix from your Apple TV, follow the instructions listed below:
- Start by looking for the Netflix app on the home screen of your Apple TV.
- Press the Play/Pause button on your Apple TV remote to select Netflix.
- Finally, choose Delete and proceed by following the on-screen instructions.
After erasing the Netflix app, go to the App Store and install it again.
7. Reset your Apple TV
Your Apple TV’s operating system can cause any malfunctioning programs. Likewise, your smartphone may have transient faults that interfere with other programs without giving you any prior notice.
Restarting your Apple TV will resolve this by reloading its system resources. If you want to restart your Apple TV, do the following:
- Launch the Settings app on your Apple TV first.
- Next, go to your Apple TV Settings page and select the Systems tab.
- Finally, choose Restart and follow the instructions to restart your Apple TV.
Alternatively, you can reset your Apple TV by unplugging it for five seconds, then plugging it back in. After finishing, return to Netflix to see if the issue has been resolved.
8. Verify and restart your internet
The Netflix app on your Apple TV may not function due to network-related issues. Therefore, it is necessary to have a reliable internet connection to use Netflix without any problems.
Use Fast.com to speed-test your network to see how it is currently performing. Then, restart your router to re-establish the connection with your ISP’s servers if the test results indicate that your internet connection is running slowly.
Restart your router and run another test to see if your network is working correctly now. If you continue to experience network-related issues, get in touch with your service provider immediately and ask them to fix their service.
9. Restart your Apple TV
If your Apple TV’s Netflix app still needs to be fixed, the system files may have become corrupted. In this situation, we advise rolling back any system modifications by resetting your Apple TV to its factory default settings.
If you want to restart your Apple TV, do the following:
- Go to the home screen on your Apple TV and select the Settings app.
- Select Reset from the Systems tab after that.
- To finish the process, click Reset and follow the on-screen instructions.
It may take a few minutes for your Apple TV to reboot. Recheck Netflix later to check if it is working correctly.
10. Contact Netflix or Apple
If the Netflix app for the Apple TV is still not functioning, we advise contacting the professionals as a last resort.
Inform Netflix’s customer service about the problem on their platform. To assist their staff in evaluating the situation more quickly, attach a screenshot of the issue and all the relevant facts in your report.
You can also alert Apple to the issue to see whether their product is to blame rather than Netflix’s servers.
For you to resume watching your favorite movies, we hope this post has helped you figure out how to resolve the “Netflix not functioning on Apple difficulties.”
This concludes our tutorial on how to fix the Netflix app on Apple TV if it is malfunctioning. Please comment below if you have any questions or concerns, and we’ll try our best to assist you.
Frequently Asked Questions
Why does Netflix on my TV suddenly stop working?
Remove the power cord from your gadget. The device’s power button should be pressed once, followed by a one-minute wait, or you can unplug it for three minutes. Reconnect your device’s plug. Restart your device and try Netflix once more.
Why won’t my Netflix load?
Refreshing the data is necessary to make the Netflix app functional once more. However, how do you update the data? Go to Settings > Apps > Apps in the Android Settings app, scroll down, and hit the Netflix entry. Navigate to the Storage section of the Netflix submenu, then select Clear data and Clear cache.
How can I get Netflix to start up again?
By logging in to Netflix and choosing Restart Your Membership from any profile, you can restart your Netflix membership (except a Kids profile). Note: If you need to reset your password, click Add Streaming Plan > Restart Your Membership on the Account page after being taken there.
I am Trevor Eason an entrepreneur, a designer, web developer, and software engineer currently living in Dallas, TX. My interests range from technology to photography. I am also interested in entrepreneurship, gaming, and basketball. I run my own Tech Win Reviews blog. Hope you will join me for all your Samsung and Tech Reviews and recommendations.