How to Remove Trash from Android?
Many Samsung Andriod apps, including Gallery, Notes, Contacts, Files, and others, include a Trash folder. If you want to free up your Samsung Galaxy phone storage, you must empty the trash in all apps.
Alternatively, you can empty the trash in specific apps. Let’s look at where the trash is and how to empty the trash in your Android phones.
ON An Android PHONE, WHAT IS TRASH?
Trash, also known as the Recycle Bin, is a folder in which deleted items are stored for up to 15 or 30 days, depending on the app. You can restore deleted items such as photos, videos, messages, contacts, and so on during this time, but the items in the Trash are permanently deleted after that. Trash basically aids in the recovery of deleted items that were accidentally deleted.
Trash items, as expected, take up storage space until they are removed. Emptying the Android Trash folder from various apps is a good way to free up space on your phone.
Please keep in mind that you must empty the trash for each app individually, even if you are using two apps for the same purpose. If you use a third-party file manager app, such as Files by Google, make sure to empty its trash in addition to the Android Files app.
WHAT IS THE LOCATION OF THE RECYCLE BIN ON An Android Phone?
On the Android, go to the Gallery app and then press the three-dot settings icon in the top right corner (in some versions, option “more”). The recycle bin link can be found in the dropdown menu. Recently deleted photos and videos can be found in the Recycle bin.
HOW TO GET RID OF TRASH IN Android GALLERY?
- On your phone, launch the Gallery app.
- Tap the three-bar icon on the Gallery app’s home screen. Choose Trash from the menu. Look under the three-dot icon if you don’t see Trash under the three-bar icon.
- You’ll arrive at the Trash folder, where you’ll find the deleted photos or videos. If you want to delete some items from Trash, go to the top and select Edit. Then, select the items to be deleted and press the Delete button.
- To delete all items from the Trash, tap the three-dot icon next to Edit and select Empty. In the confirmation pop-up that appears, tap on Empty Trash.
HOW TO REMOVE TRASH FROM Android FILES?
- On your phone, launch the Files app.
- Tap the three-dot icon and then choose Trash from the menu.
- To delete all items from the Trash folder in the Files app, tap on the three-dot icon inside Trash again and select Empty. Alternatively, tap Edit and then select the items to be removed.
HOW TO REMOVE TRASH FROM Android MESSAGES?
- On your phone, open the Messages app.
- Select Trash from the menu by pressing the three-dot icon at the top.
- To completely empty the Trash folder, select Empty. Individual messages can also be deleted using the Edit option.
HOW TO REMOVE TRASH FROM Android CONTACTS?
- On your phone, launch the Contacts app.
- Tap on the three-bar icon and select Trash.
- Tap Empty to permanently delete all deleted contacts.
HOW TO REMOVE TRASH FROM Android NOTES?
- Launch the Android Notes application.
- Tap the three-bar icon and then choose Trash from the menu.
- To clear all deleted notes, press the three-dot icon followed by Empty on the Trash screen.
HOW TO REMOVE TRASH FROM GOOGLE PHOTOS?
In addition to Android apps, if you use Google Photos on your phone, you must empty its trash. Please keep in mind that the trash folders in Google Photos and the Gallery app are separate and must be cleared separately.
Open the Google Photos app on your smartphone.
On the next screen, tap the Trash button after selecting the Library tab at the bottom.
To clear all the items in the Trash folder, tap on the three-dot icon and select Empty trash.
HOW TO EMPTY ALL APPS’ TRASH FILES AT ONCE?
Android does not provide a native method for clearing trash files from all apps with a single tap. However, it displays trash files from various Android apps on a single screen, where you can easily delete them.
- Open the Settings app on your phone.
- Navigate to Battery and device care and then to Storage.
- Scroll down to find the Trash section. Select the apps whose trash you want to empty. Depending on the app, you may see the Empty option at the top or you may have to press the three-dot icon followed by Empty.
Please keep in mind that the apps will only appear in the Trash section if they have items in their trash folder.
HOW CAN I RESTORE DELETED PHOTOS FROM MY Android PHONE?
To recover deleted photos from an Android phone, follow these steps:
- On your Android phone, tap the Gallery app icon.
- In the top right corner, click the three-dot settings icon. In some Android phones, the option “More” will appear instead.
- Select the Recycle bin from the dropdown menu.
- Long-press the photo icon and then select the restore option.
As you are aware, the Recycling Bin on a Galaxy tablet or phone now makes it easier to recover your films or other data. Select and retrieve these items.
However, if you have also emptied the Recycle Bin or automatically destroyed files because they have been present for more than 15 days, try the following techniques to recover them. phone/tablet
It is possible to lose important information on your Android. Deleted texts are especially expensive because your smartphone has no trash can or interim stored text that you have erased.
Here’s what you’re doing to try to recover deleted communications and how you can help prevent disasters. However, a word of caution: you have few options, and there’s a good chance that deleted text messages won’t be recovered.
First and foremost, do not take any additional photographs or videos, and stop entering new information into your phone. If your photos were stored on a mass memory card, remove them from your phone and keep them in a safe place.
Whether to use: Google Cloud or Samsung Smart Switch has backed up the relevant documents. You can back up and restore your device content using Samsung Cloud, so you don’t have to worry if you accidentally delete a file on your phone/tablet.
You can even recover files and sync data on other devices if you’ve signed in to your Samsung account. Samsung Smart Switch is a data synchronization application that works with your smartphone.
If you used the application to back up your media files, you should be able to recover them fairly easily (photos, movies, music, etc.).
We recommend EasilyUS MobiSaver for Android as one of the best Android data recovery applications to use in this situation.
In addition to images and videos, the app can retrieve Galaxy Android SMS, Contacts, and other types of data. It also allows you to examine the identified media items, making it much easier to find the items you want to recover. Insert the microSD card first into the card reader/adapter.
CONCLUSION: Empty Trash On Android Phone
One of the reasons for storage being full on Android phones is trash. We hope this article has helped you find ways to empty the trash on your Android phone.
On my Samsung phone, where is the trash can?
Unfortunately, unlike desktop or laptop computers, a Samsung phone lacks a Recycle Bin or Trash. And the limited storage on a Samsung phone, which ranges from 32GB to 512GB, as well as the Android operating system, may contribute to this.
On my Android phone, how do I empty my trash?
Navigate to the Library in Photos’ bottom bar. Now, at the top of the “Library” screen, tap “Trash.” Now, tap the three dots in the upper right corner. Choose “Empty Trash.”
On my Android phone, where is the trash can?
Android does not have a Recycle Bin. In the Photos app, there is only a Recent Deleted folder. When you delete a photo or video, it is moved to the Recent Deleted folder and will remain there for 30 days.
I am Trevor Eason an entrepreneur, a designer, web developer, and software engineer currently living in Dallas, TX. My interests range from technology to photography. I am also interested in entrepreneurship, gaming, and basketball. I run my own Tech Win Reviews blog. Hope you will join me for all your Samsung and Tech Reviews and recommendations.