Looking for how to Update Samsung Smart TV? Your television will receive software updates from time to time, which will either introduce new features or solve faults.
It doesn’t matter what kind of television you have; keeping your software up to date is critical.
You may update the software on your television using the internet or by using a USB flash drive.
It’s important to remember that, following a software update, your visual and audio settings may be automatically restored to their defaults.
Try this quick solution to update Samsung Smart TV. Navigate to Settings and then Support on your TV’s remote. Select Software Update, followed by Update Now.
Your TV will receive new updates that will be downloaded and installed. Updates typically take a few minutes; please do not switch off the television until the update is finished.
7 Best Samsung Soundbar For Smart TV [ (Best Options!)
Video Fix: How to Update Samsung Smart TV Youtube Video
Setup and Activate automated Update Samsung Smart TV?
- To activate automatic updates, go to Settings > Support > Software Update > Auto Update and select “Auto Update.”
- You can manually check for updates by going to Settings > Support > Software Update > Update Now.
- For those whose televisions are unable to connect to the internet, you can download the most recent update to a USB flash drive and insert it into your television for a manual installation.
The quickest way to Update Smart TV Software
Other Related Articles:
You should always check to see if any software updates are available for your Samsung Smart TV if you are experiencing problems with it, as these may provide a solution to your problem.
The quickest and most convenient method of updating your software is directly through your television’s settings menu.
Alternatively, if your TV is not connected to the internet or if your internet connection is unstable, you can use a USB stick to update the firmware.
If you’re unsure whether your television requires an update, learn how to determine what software version your television is running.
If you’ve followed the procedures and are still unable to locate a software update, it’s likely that your TV has already been upgraded to the most recent version available.
Watch the video below to learn how to update the software on a Samsung smartphone or tablet.
Check for the latest Samsung TV software update
1. Make sure your television is turned on and that it is linked to the Internet.
Select Settings from the menu bar on your Samsung remote control by pressing the Menu button.
Please keep in mind that the steps and graphics may differ depending on the model of your television.
2. Select the Cloud icon with a question mark within it from the drop-down menu. Select Software Update from the Support drop-down menu.
If the Software Update option is greyed out, please exit the menu and change your TV source to Live TV before returning to the Software Update option.
3. Select the option to update now.
4. When an update is found, the TV will begin searching for it on its own.
5. If there are any available updates for your TV, you will be prompted to choose whether or not to install them right away. To proceed, select Yes from the drop-down menu.
6. The updated software will begin to download and install on your television as soon as it is turned on. Once this is completed, your television will restart with the new software already installed on it.
how to update Samsung smart tv apps on a Regular Basis
You may set up your Samsung Smart TV to update itself automatically, saving you the time and effort of having to do it manually.
Samsung frequently refers to both software and firmware updates under the umbrella phrase “Software Update,” despite the fact that there is a technical distinction between them.
To make use of this functionality, follow these instructions:
1. Check to see that your television is linked to the internet.
2. Navigate to the Settings menu.
3. Support is the third option.
4. Select Software Update from the drop-down menu.
5. Select the Auto Update option.
You will not be able to view anything or use any of the TV’s other features until you have downloaded and installed any new updates that have been detected when you switch your TV on and it has detected a new update.
Depending on the nature of the update, this may take several minutes to complete.
The update will download and install in the background while you are watching television, and it will be installed the next time you turn on your television if you have selected Auto Update and an update becomes available while you are watching television.
Samsung tv software upgrade via USB download
1. If your TV is not connected to the Internet, or if you prefer to install software/firmware updates on a local computer, you can do so using a USB flash drive to accomplish this.
2. The Samsung Download Center may be used to download the latest firmware for your television set. Manuals and software downloads are available in a variety of formats.
Alternatively, you can either click Enter Model Number to visit the support page for the specific TV model you are looking for, or pick Product Type and then Search for your TV.
3. Save the file Upgrade File(USB type) to your desktop after downloading it from the website.
4. After the file has finished downloading, locate it and then unzip it to your computer. Navigate through the folders until you come across the files that are required for the upgrade to be successful.
5. Copy the extracted folder to a USB flash device and keep it safe. Avoid saving the file in a subfolder of another folder.
6. Connect the USB cable to the back of the television or One Connect Box. Navigate to the Settings menu on your television by using the remote control. Take the relevant menu path to your destination.
Update Now is available in the Settings menu of 2018 Models: Support > Software Update.
Settings > Support > Software Update and click on “Update Now” for 2017 models.
- 2016 Models – Settings > Support > Software Update > Click on “Update Now” to perform the update.
- Models from 2015 – MENU > Support > Software Update > ENTER
- Update your software now on the 2014 models in the Support section.
Installing the new software is as simple as following the on-screen directions.
Updates typically take a few minutes; please do not switch off the television until the update has been completed completely.
As soon as the update is complete, the television will automatically restart.
Update Apps On Your Samsung TV Using Samsung Smart Hub
Setting your Samsung smart TV apps to update automatically is the most convenient approach to ensure that your apps are always up to date.
The Samsung operating system, like your phone, computer, or tablet, searches for updates whenever you switch on the television or at predetermined intervals, depending on the setting.
You won’t even have to think about keeping them up to date after that.
Listed below is the procedure for setting Samsung TV apps to update automatically.
Samsung TV update list
1. On your TV remote, press the “Smart Hub” or “Home” button—models differ depending on the television.
2. From the drop-down option, select “Apps.”
3. From the next menu, select “My Apps,” then “Options.”
4. Enable the “Auto Update” feature.
The actions outlined above will ensure that your apps are kept up to date automatically, allowing you to focus on more important tasks.
On the negative, when you configure your TV to auto-update, there is normally a brief delay before you can access the Smart Hub when you first switch on your television.
You will notice a message that states something along the lines of ‘Your Smart Hub is presently updating and is inaccessible’ or something along those lines.
Give it a minute or two, and the message will be gone.
If you wish to manually update your apps, click “My Apps” as described above and select “Updates” from the top menu. You should notice an update box a few steps away from the Options menu.
Choose that and you’ll be presented with a list of applications that require updating.
From there, you can choose one or all of them and wait for them to update.
Using the Smart Menu, you may update software
Please keep in mind that the instructions below may alter depending on the type of your TV and the version of the smart menu it employs.
If you’re unsure about the processes, consult your paper user manual or download the e-manual from Samsung Support.
1. Navigate to your TV’s Settings menu.
2. Select Help.
3. Choose Software Update.
Please keep in mind that if you have a USB stick attached for video/photo/music playing or recording, the TV will ask if it should seek an update file on the USB stick.
To continue upgrading through Wi-Fi, select No.
4. Click the Update Now button.
Please keep in mind that your TV has already been upgraded to the most recent version if no update is available.
What if an update isn’t available?
One of the most serious concerns that consumers have is that the update button is greyed out. It simply shows that a function or some settings are unavailable given the existing source, settings, or connections.
If your Samsung TV is not connected to the internet, the Software Update and Contact Support options will be grayed out because they require an internet connection.
Select TV by pressing the Source button in the top left corner of the remote.
Return to the Menu and choose Support, then Software Update. You may see the most recent update right now.
If your Samsung TV won’t update, the first thing to check is your internet connection.
To do so, press the ‘Home’ button on your remote, then go to ‘Settings’ > ‘Network’ > ‘Network Status.’
This will show the status of your connection and if you are not connected to the internet, the various IP settings for reconnecting your Samsung TV to WiFi so that the update may begin.
Our Thoughts: How to Update Samsung Smart TV
Even if something isn’t operating properly, an update may not be ready straight away.
If you discover that an app isn’t operating properly, let us assist you in troubleshooting it. This could be all you need to solve your situation.
A downloading software update will repair certain apps, but other app updates or Smart Hub updates will download and install automatically.
The appearance of the menus and how to access the System and App update features may vary depending on the year and Samsung Menu/Smart Hub version you have. If you’re unsure of the specific methods, see your Samsung Smart TV’s printed user guide or on-screen e-manual.
FAQ on Samsung Smart TV Updates
How can I bring my old Samsung TV up to date?
- Turn on the television and then press the Menu button on your remote.
Navigate to Support > Software Update.
- Choose Update Now.
- After you start the update, your TV will turn off and then turn back on automatically. When the update is complete, you will receive a confirmation message.
How can I bring my Samsung Smart Hub up to date?
1. First, turn on the Smart Hub and pair it with the phone app through Bluetooth.
2. On the home screen, tap the Settings icon.
3. At the bottom of the screen, press the Check for Firmware Updates button.
4. Click the (Start Update) button.
How can I update my Samsung Smart TV manually?
Navigate to Settings and then Support on your TV’s remote. Select Software Update, followed by Update Now.
Your TV will receive new updates that will be downloaded and installed. Updates normally take a few minutes; please do not switch off the television until the update is finished.