Almost all modern technology includes a feature known as screen mirroring, which allows users to cast material from the display of one device to the display of another device.
AirPlay is the moniker for screen mirroring on Apple devices, which can be referred to by a variety of other names.
Despite the fact that AirPlay is an Apple feature, after the release of AirPlay 2 in 2018, it has been significantly easier to link devices from different manufacturers and operating systems.
In most cases, if you have a Samsung Smart TV that was manufactured in 2018 or later, you will be able to utilize AirPlay – check to see if your model is on this list to be sure.
In order to use AirPlay on your iPhone, you must first pick “Screen Mirroring” from the Control Center in order to mirror your full iPhone screen; then, from within some apps, select the AirPlay symbol in order to cast content from your iPhone to the television.
An alternative method of achieving the same result is to connect your iPhone to your Samsung TV using an HDMI connection. Here’s how to do the task.
Other Related Articles:
How to enable AirPlay on a Samsung television
Before you can utilize screen mirroring or AirPlay on your Samsung TV, you must first ensure that the capability has been activated on the device.
1. Start by going to “Settings” and then selecting “General” on your television remote.
2. From the drop-down box, select “Apple AirPlay Settings.”
3. Select “AirPlay” and toggle it to the “On” position.
Samsung TVs and Smart Monitors that are AirPlay 2 compatible
If you want to know which devices are compatible with AirPlay 2, take a look at the following list:
- M5 Smart Monitors in sizes of 27″ and 32″ in 2021
- M7 Smart Monitor with a 32-inch display in 2021.
- QLED TVs in 8K and 4K resolution will be available in 2021.
TV with a frame in 2021 and TVs with crystal UHD resolution in 2021
- QLED TVs in 8K and 4K resolution will be available in 2020.
- TV with a Frame and Serif in 2020
- Premiere projectors and Crystal UHD televisions for 2020
- QLED TVs in 8K and 4K resolution will be available in 2019.
- 2019 TVs with frame, serif, and 4K UHD
- 2018 Frame TV (Frame Television)
- QLED 4K TVs are expected to be released in 2018.
- 2018 4K Ultra-High-Definition Television
- Smart Full HDTV N5300 (2018 model)
NOTE: Please keep in mind that Evolution kits will not include AirPlay 2 or Apple TV capability.
How to Mirror the Screen of an iPhone on a Samsung TV
There are a variety of options available for mirroring the screen of your iPhone to a Samsung TV on the market. It is for this reason that finding the right one is tough.
Fortunately, you’ve arrived at the correct location.
Consequently, the following are the methods that you can employ to mirror your iOS device to your Samsung Smart Television.
How To Mirror Your iPhone Screen To Your Samsung TV Using AirPlay 2?
AirPlay 2 allows you to mirror your iPhone screen to your Samsung TV
Apple AirPlay 2 allows for wireless streaming of media or content from Apple devices such as the iPhone, iPad, and Mac computers.
It enables you to simply stream content from your iPhone to your Apple TV without the need for a computer.
Fortunately, it also allows you to stream media from your device to a Samsung TV that is compatible with it.
You can stream movies, music, television shows, and cast photographs directly from your iPhone to your television set.
Let’s have a look at how to utilize AirPlay 2 to reflect the screen of your iPhone to your Samsung TV.
Step 1: First and foremost, make certain that your iPhone and television are both linked to the same WiFi network.
Step 2: On your iPhone, open the Photos app and select the movie or photo that you want to share with your friends.
Step 3: Next, select the Share symbol, which is situated at the bottom left of the screen, and then select the AirPlay icon.
Step 4: Finally, select the target Samsung TV from the list of identified devices, and you’ll be able to stream your video or image to the TV from your computer or mobile device.
Screen mirroring can be accomplished with a Lightning Digital AV Adapter.
This is one of the more straightforward solutions, but you will need to purchase or obtain an Apple-specific adaptor in order for it to operate.
The Lightning Digital AV Adapter is available for purchase for approximately $49.00 and is compatible with the majority of iOS devices, including iPhones and iPads.
Due to the fact that it will be needed to physically connect your iPhone to your Samsung TV, you should have an extra HDMI cable available to use.
1. Connect the AV Adapter to your iPhone using the included cable.
2. The HDMI cable should be connected to the A/V Adapter. Upon closer inspection, you will notice a port on the adapter into which the HDMI cable must be plugged in.
3. The other end of the HDMI cable should be connected to the Samsung television.
4. On the Samsung TV, change the source to the HDMI input to which you attached the HDMI cable. You should now be able to see the screen of your iPhone reflected on your Samsung TV.
Connect with the help of Samsung Apps
In the event that you would prefer a wireless alternative for connecting your iPhone to your Samsung Smart TV, there are several apps available to assist you.
Please keep in mind that in order to use any of these apps for screen mirroring, both the Smart TV and the iPhone must be linked to the same Wi-Fi network on the computer.
If your phone and television are connected to different networks, the apps will not work.
Samsung SmartView is a smartphone application
The Samsung SmartView app is a free app that you can download to your phone and use to mirror your smartphone’s screen to your smart television. Here’s how it’s done:
1. Confirm that both the iPhone and the television are connected to the same Wi-Fi network.
2. Open the Samsung SmartView application. After that, it will ask you to input the code that shows on the display of your Samsung Smart TV.
3. After you have entered the pin, the gadget should instantly connect to your television.
Samsung TV mirror with a built-in microphone
1. The Mirror app for Samsung TV can be used instead of the SmartView app if the latter’s performance is not satisfactory. You’ll have a little more flexibility with what you can mirror onto your Samsung TV if you use this $4.99 app.
2. Once your phone and television are both connected to the same network, the Mirror app will prompt you to choose which television you want to watch.
Choose the appropriate television from the drop-down option.
3. Select Mirror Samsung TV > Start Broadcasting from the menu bar.
The screen of your iPhone is then mirrored onto the screen of your Samsung Smart TV, with a timer indicating how long you have been mirroring the screen.
4. Return to the app and click Stop Broadcast when you’re finished mirroring your screen.
Using the Air Beam TV to Mirror Screen iPhone
If you have an iPhone or iPad, you may use AirBeamTV Screen Mirroring to instantaneously project the screen of your smartphone to your Samsung television. Installing the AirBeamTV app on your iPhone or iPad is a simple process.
On your mobile device, press the “Install” button. To get started, simply follow these steps.
It is necessary to ensure that your iPhone or iPad is running iOS 14 or higher and that it is linked to the same local network as your Samsung TV before proceeding.
Use of several VLANs, a VPN, or subnets is not recommended.
This means that the TV should not be in screen mirroring mode, but should instead be in “TV” mode or connected to any HDMI IN port.
Here’s the steps!
1. Open the Mirror for the Samsung TV application.
It will begin searching for your Samsung TV(s) on your local network once it detects them.
When the television is discovered, pick it.
2. You may be asked to “accept” the connection when using this app for the first time, depending on your Samsung TV model and how long it has been installed on your device.
Then, using your TV’s remote control, press the OK button to allow the connection to occur.
To begin mirroring on the presently selected TV, click on the ‘Start Mirroring’ button.
3. To begin mirroring on your selected Samsung TV, select ‘Mirror Samsung TV’ and press ‘Start Broadcast’ to begin the process.
Our Final Thoughts
There are various methods for mirroring your iPhone screen to a television or Mac computer. AirPlay is the quickest and most straightforward method of screen mirroring an iPhone to an Apple TV or Samsung TV.
Additionally, you may mirror an iPhone to a TV or a Mac by connecting it via a hardwired connection, Roku, or Chromecast.
Frequently Ask Questions
Why is it that I am unable to mirror my iPhone to my Samsung TV?
The iPhone screen mirroring or AirPlay functionality is not working on the Samsung TV.
Make sure that both your iOS device and your Samsung TV are linked to the same internet connection before you begin using them together. Check for the most recent update on both devices.
Restart your iPhone and Samsung TV to see whether they work. Take a look at your AirPlay preferences and restrictions.
What is the best way to mirror my iPhone to my Samsung TV without using AirPlay?
Apple sells a Lightning Digital AV Adapter for $49. You may get one directly from the company.
This converter will allow you to connect your iPhone to an HDMI cable via a Lightning connector.
Connect one end of the HDMI cable to your television, and the other end of the HDMI cord to the Lightning Digital AV Adapter to complete the connection.
The screen of your iPhone will be automatically reflected on the television.
What is the best way to mirror my iPhone to Samsung Smart View?
Connect with the help of Samsung Apps.
Check to see that both the iPhone and the television are connected to the same Wi-Fi network.
Start the Samsung SmartView application. After that, it will ask you to input the code that shows on the display of your Samsung Smart TV.
After you’ve entered the pin, the gadget should instantly connect to your television.