How to Transfer Photos between Computer and Samsung Galaxy S7/ S7 Edge? This summer has been a visual feast for sports fans all over the world.
Not long ago, in the 2016 NBA Finals, the Eastern Conference champion Cleveland Cavaliers defeated the Western Conference champion Golden State Warriors 4-3 in 7 thrilling games.
The Cavaliers’ victory was the franchise’s first-ever championship. So, while at the game or in front of your computer live, you may take a lot of photos of your favorite team, star, or even selfies.
You already know that these photos will take up a lot of space on your phone; to save space, you should sync the photos with your computer.
So, in this article, I’ll show you some methods to help you make it, using my Samsung Galaxy S7 and computer as examples.
How to Transfer Photos between Computer and Samsung Galaxy S7/ S7 Edge
1. TRANSFER SAMSUNG GALAXY S7 PHOTOS TO COMPUTER BY USING USB CABLE
2. SYNC SAMSUNG GALAXY S7 PHOTOS TO COMPUTER VIA SYNCIOS MANAGER
3. TRANSFER ALL PHOTOS BETWEEN SAMSUNG GALAXY S7 AND PC ON ONE CLICK
See Other Related Articles:
How Much Does a Samsung s7 Cost? [Answered]
Samsung Galaxy s7 vs Lg g6 Review [The Ultimate Comparsion]
METHOD 1: TRANSFER SAMSUNG GALAXY S7 PHOTOS TO COMPUTER BY USING USB CABLE
This method could be very primary and may not be very cool. But sometimes the simplest way can be the most effective way even on old phone.
- Step 1: Plug in your Samsung Galaxy S7 via USB cable, and your computer will recognize it as a removable USB drive.
- Step 2: From the top of your S7’s screen, drag down the Notifications panel and connect as “Media device (MTP).” When the “Allow USB debugging” prompt appears on smart switch, click “OK.”
- Step 3: Confirm that the Samsung Galaxy S7 drive was successfully installed on your computer. Open Portable Devices and navigate to “DCIM,” where all of your photos are saved.
- Step 4: Choose and copy the images from your Samsung Galaxy S7 that you want to transfer to your computer.
METHOD 2: SYNC SAMSUNG GALAXY S7 PHOTOS TO COMPUTER VIA SYNCIOS MANAGER
Syncios Manager is a free and useful mobile manager application that allows you to easily sync all types of files from your Samsung Galaxy S7 to your computer, including photos, messages, call logs, videos, music, and more on your sd card android device.
The main advantage of this approach is that you can preview, edit, and manage photos on your computer using a visual interface samsung cloud. You can also select and transfer specific images from your Samsung Galaxy S7 to your computer. Here are some pointers:
- Step 1: Download and install Syncios Samsung Manager on your computer, then connect it to your Samsung Galaxy S7. Check that “USB debugging mode” is enabled. (If you have any detection issues, please refer to our tutorial.)
- Step 2: On the main interface, select “Mobile Manager,” and then, after your Samsung Galaxy S7 has been recognized by Syncios Android Manager, select “Photos.”
- Step 3: Select the photo(s) you want to save to your computer, then click the “Export” button to save the photos to your computer galaxy note.
- Step 4: Select “Add”/”Import” to transfer photos from your computer to your Samsung S7 device.
METHOD 3: TRANSFER ALL PHOTOS BETWEEN SAMSUNG GALAXY S7 AND PC ON ONE CLICK
The final method may be the simplest and best way to transfer your Samsung Galaxy S7 photos to computer, because Syncios Samsung Data Transfer only requires ONE CLICK to backup all DCIM photos from your S7 to computer, performing even better than you expected.
It can backup more than 12 different types of data from Samsung Android devices, including contacts, text messages, music, videos, photos, call logs, apps, calendars, and so on to android transfer app.
It also allows you to restore iTunes backup files or android file transfer to your Samsung Galaxy S7/Galaxy s6/Samsung Galaxy s8/Samsung Galaxy S/Samsung Galaxy s9, so give it a shot to your Samsung device or google account!
- Step 1: Install Syncios Data Transfer on your PC. And then, on the main interface, launch the “Phone Transfer” program. Connect the USB cable to the Samsung Galaxy S7. Check that “USB debugging mode” is enabled. (If you have any detection issues, please refer to our tutorial.)
- Step 2: From the homepage, select “Backup.” Syncios will display a backup list from which you can select data.
- Step 3: Select “Camera Roll” and “Photo Library” from the checkboxes, then click “Next” to begin the copy process; your photos will be transferred to the computer quickly to recover photos.
- Step 4: You can restore the photo backup via Restore > Local Backup button on main interface. Choose the backup from the list, select the photos or other data you want to restore, then click “Next” to restore backup to Samsung Galaxy S7 or other devices.
This Samsung Transfer tool also allows you to transfer photos directly from phone to phone or restore photo backups from iTunes backups to your Samsung Galaxy S7 without overwriting existing data on your Samsung phone. Just give it a shot!
CONCLUSION On How To Transfer Photos Between Computer and Samsung Galaxy S7/S7 Edge
After reading this section, you will understand how to transfer photos from your computer to your Samsung Galaxy S7. Manually transferring photos or using third-party apps – Syncios Manager and Syncios Data Transfer – are both options.
FAQS ABOUT TRANSFERRING PHOTOS
How do I get my computer to recognize my Samsung phone?
Open Settings on your Android device and navigate to Storage. In the top right corner, tap the more icon and select USB computer connection. Choose Media device from the list of options (MTP). When you connect your Android device to your computer, it should be detected.
Where are photos saved on the Samsung Galaxy S7?
Photos taken with the camera app are saved on the phone’s memory card or internal storage, depending on the app settings. The folder DCIMCamera is where photos are always saved. If the file is in the phone’s memory, the full path is: /storage/emmc/DCIM.
Why won’t my pictures import to my computer?
It is primarily due to hardware identification issues. There may also be issues with the connection, permission settings, or drivers. You can easily troubleshoot those issues by switching cables or making minor changes to the settings.
Why isn’t my Samsung phone connecting to my PC via USB cable?
Update Your Computer’s MTP USB Drivers (Windows). You must enable MTP mode on your phone if you want to use it as a media device on your computer. This requires MTP drivers to be installed and updated on your computer. Using a USB cable, connect your phone to your computer.
Why is my phone not showing up on my computer?
Restart both devices, and use a different port and cable. The simplest way to do so is to disconnect your cable and restart both devices. Restart both the computer and the smartphone. Reconnect the cable using a different USB port.