How To Transfer Samsung Notes To New Phone? Notes is a great way to store important things that we as humans have a tendency to forget, despite how important they are to us.
The older version of Notes was less advanced and more difficult to use, but the newer version is fully-featured with dozens of features that we need in our daily routine to make tasks easier.
There is no limit to how much information you can store in a single Note or how many new Notes you can create.
In addition, the Notes App allows you to decorate the notes by selecting different colors, Set Password on Notes, and use a variety of other design tools to personalize the note.
Many people used to change phones every year, and it was difficult for them to move all of their Notes at once; however, Samsung has made it simple for us.
This article will show you how to transfer Notes from one Samsung phone to another, as well as how to export Notes to other devices.
Troubleshooting: Issues on transfering notes to new phone
|Your old phone doesn’t have Samsung Cloud.||Install Samsung Cloud on your old phone and sign in with your Samsung account.|
|Your old phone is running an older version of Notes.||Update Notes on your old phone to the latest version.|
|Your new phone doesn’t have Notes.||Download and install Notes on your new phone from the Google Play Store.|
|You don’t have a Samsung account.||Create a Samsung account and sign in to Samsung Cloud on both your old and new phones.|
|You’re having trouble transferring your notes.||Contact Samsung support for help.|
Is it possible to export Notes?
Do samsung notes transfer to new phone?
If you want to transfer Note to another Samsung phone, follow the steps below. This will save all of the selected notes in.sdoc format, which can only be accessed through the Notes App. The.sdoc file cannot be opened in any other device, at least not without the Notes App.
- Open the Note app on the device you want to start the transfer from.
- Tap and hold the Note from the list, then begin selecting the notes you want to transfer to another Samsung phone.
- Tap the Share icon in the upper right corner.
- Select Share as SDOC.
- Choose how you want to share the Notes.
- Download the SDOC file to another Samsung phone that has the Notes app installed, then follow the on-screen instructions to save the notes to the new Samsung device.
See Other Related Articles:
What is notes? [Full-Explanation]
How to Backup Samsung s7 to Pc? (6 Methods Step-by-Step)
Best Samsung Phones of All Time [Answered]
The Notes can now be viewed in any other app using this method. The best option is to share as a PDF, which can be viewed on most phones and computers. Share the notes later via any platform, such as Email, Samsung Cloud, and so on on your galaxy note.
- Navigate to the Notes app.
- Touch and hold a specific note, and when the selection mode appears, tick mark the notes you want to export one by one.
- In the upper-right corner, tap the Share button.
- Select Share as PDF.
- Choose the method for sharing the Notes, such as Bluetooth, Gmail, Samsung Cloud Drive, and so on.
- Follow the on-screen prompts to share the Notes.
Samsung Notes Didn’t Transfer To New Phone
If your notes didn’t transfer to your new phone, don’t worry! To resolve this issue, follow these steps: go to the Notes app on your old phone, tap on ‘More Options,’ select ‘Settings,’ click ‘Samsung Account,’ and ensure that the ‘Sync with Samsung Cloud’ option is enabled. Then, install the Notes app on your new phone and sign in using the same Samsung account. Your notes should now sync and appear on your new device.
HOW DO I GET TO NOTES ON MY WINDOWS PC?
The Notes App for Windows PC was created by one of XDA’s Senior Developers. You can download and access the Notes on your computer in the same way that you can on your smartphone.
- Download the Notes App from the Microsoft Store or click here to download the APK.
- Try out the Notes on the PC after it has been downloaded and installed.
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION: Transfer Samsung Notes to New Android phone?
If you use notes to store important information, you must know how to backup notes to a PC or cloud storage. The reason is that there is no better way to safeguard your notes in the event that your phone loses data for any reason.
After all, it’s the best defense against hardware failure, app and upgrade issues, and malware attacks that can corrupt the files on your Samsung device. Scroll down to learn how to create a Samsung Notes backup
Part 1: Transfer Notes to the Samsung Cloud
Samsung Cloud is the ultimate cloud storage solution for users of Samsung smartphones and tablets running Android 7.0 (Nougat) or later. Whether it’s notes or music, or anything else on your device, Samsung Cloud is a simple and seamless backup, sync, and restore solution that provides free online storage space on your android phone.
Here’s how to sync samsung notes to new phone and save notes to the cloud:
- Navigate to Settings on your Samsung device. Go to Cloud and Accounts. And then select the first option, Samsung cloud.
- Inside the Samsung cloud tab Click the three dots in the upper right corner. Select Settings from the drop-down menu. And then select Sync and auto-backup settings.
- Within the options for Sync and backup settings. Scroll down and select the apps, including Notes, from which you want to save the data. You can select Sync now for instant backup of the Notes app. Alternatively, select Auto backup that is also same in Galaxy s22 ultra.
There you have it! That is how you enable backup for Notes. First, keep and review the available space from Backup’s main menu page. This will show you how much data you can store on the Samsung Cloud.
Samsung has already discontinued it, so you can no longer backup notes to it. Scroll down to learn about different methods for backing up your Notes.
Part 2: Backup Notes to PC via Smart Switch
Another method for backing up memos to Snyc notes devices to other devices or external media storage devices is Smart Switch. Users of Windows, macOS, and Android devices can download the Smart Switch app.
Consider Smart Switch to be a tool that stores and transfers data as you switch between phones. Nonetheless, it’s fantastic that you can transfer contacts, photos, music, videos, messages, notes, calendars, and other data to virtually any Samsung Galaxy device like Galaxy note20.
Here’s how to use Smart Switch to backup notes from Samsung devices to your PC:
- Install the Smart Switch software on your Windows PC (Windows 7 or later). Using a USB cable, connect the Samsung phone to the computer. If you receive a notification on your Samsung phone, tap Allow.
- Once the Samsung device has been successfully connected to the computer. Navigate to the computer’s Smart Switch and select Backup. You will see all data categories that can be backed up. Select All or just the apps you want, such as Notes. After selecting all of the desired apps, click OK.
- When you click OK, the computer will begin backing up the data. After the progress bar indicates success, click OK.
Again, Samsung Backup via Smart Switch is complicated. The hardware requirements cannot be met by every user. That is why we have included additional methods for backing up notes in this guide of Samsung electronics.
Part 3: Shared Backup of Notes
The share option within the Notes app, a native Notes solution, allows you to seamlessly export files to other locations.
Here’s how to use Share to backup Notes:
- On the Samsung device, launch the Notes app.
- Select and hold the notes that you want to backup.
- Choose Save as file from the list of options.
- There are several export formats available, including PDF, Microsoft File, Image file, and TXT file.
- Select the desired export method.
- After selecting the desired export option, you must select a folder on your Samsung device to save the file to.
Make sure the backup file is still on the same Samsung device. So, immediately export it to the Cloud or another storage medium. The issue with the Share option is that you will have to manually select and save individual files. That is, it is not as effective as the other methods mentioned here. Continue reading to discover the best way to backup the Notes app.
Part 4: Backup Samsung Data with MobileTrans
MobileTrans is the best solution for backing up Samsung files to a PC. MobileTrans ensures backup of everything and anything critical to you by allowing you to backup 18 different data types. It is also a solution for users who want to transfer data from one device to another across different platforms (Windows, iOS, Android, macOS).
Here’s how to use MobileTrans to backup Samsung data:
- Install MobileTrans on your Windows (or Mac) computer (compatible with all versions). Start the application. There are four options on the main interface: WhatsApp Transfer, Phone Transfer, Backup & Restore, and more. Select Backup & Restore.
- Select the data categories to backup. Join the Samsung device to your computer. If you receive a notification on your Samsung device, select File Transfer. Select all or individual apps. Once finished, click Start.
- When you press the Start button, MobileTrans will begin backing up the selected data categories from your Samsung device to a dedicated folder on your PC. Wait for the process to finish once more.
All backed-up data will be stored on your desktop in a dedicated folder created by MobileTrans. If necessary, you can change the location from within the program. And if you ever need to access or retrieve the backed-up files, all you have to do is choose to restore and copy samsung notes to new phone or another device like Samsung Galaxy s10, Samsung Galaxy note20, and other Samsung Galaxy Phone.
What’s great about MobileTrans is that it transfers data without corrupting it. As a result, you don’t have to be concerned about your files being compressed or damaged.
Frequently Asked Questions
|How do I transfer Samsung Notes to a new phone?||There are a few ways to transfer Notes to a new phone. You can use Samsung Cloud, Smart Switch, or export your notes manually.|
|Can I transfer Samsung Notes to an iPhone?||No, you cannot transfer Notes directly to an iPhone. However, you can export your notes from Notes and import them into a notes app on your iPhone.|
|How do I transfer Samsung Notes from an old phone to a new phone without Samsung Cloud?||You can use Smart Switch to transfer your notes from an old phone to a new phone without Samsung Cloud. Smart Switch is a data transfer app that allows you to transfer your data from one phone to another.|
|How to move samsung notes to new phone?||Navigate to Settings > Accounts and Backup > Manage Accounts and select the Google Account that you use on both devices. What exactly is this? After that, go to Sync Account and make sure the Keep Notes tab is turned on. Then, to access all of your notes, launch the Notes app.|
|I’m having trouble transferring my Notes. What should I do?||If you’re having trouble transferring your Notes, there are a few things you can try. First, make sure that both your old and new phones are connected to the same Wi-Fi network. Second, try restarting both phones. If you’re still having trouble, you can contact Samsung support for help.|
Is it possible to access Notes on an iPhone?
A Google account and its sync feature can be used to save notes from a Samsung device, which can then be accessed from any iPhone. Google sync allows you to automatically save important data from your Android device to your Google account.
What is the procedure for importing Notes?
To import data into Notes, launch the app, then tap Menu (three horizontal lines), then Settings. Select Import notes. Tap the source you want to import from (for example, your Samsung account), and then follow the on-screen instructions. PDFs can also be imported and exported from Notes!
Is it possible to transfer Notes using Smart Switch?
Smart Switch can transfer a wide range of file types. Some, on the other hand, can only be transferred between two Galaxy phones. Data from synced accounts cannot be transferred using Smart Switch, but it will appear on the new device once you log in to the account.